AX drama

GangGreen
1/14/2021 5:40am
Mr. Afterbar stated,"Get off your pedestal. That crash was his fault by the way." Correct, Steinke was out of control and went wide on the 1st lap, hairpin, and should have expected to be stuffed. Also, Steinke deserves to be DQ'ed for two weeks when, as a LAPPER, messed with the race leader. Alessi's finger gestures should get him DQ'ed as well, "Conduct detrimental to the Sport".
LS427
1/14/2021 5:46am
Bludwigsen wrote:
This is false.. Especially actual team riders who get drug tested separate from USADA by the teams. Some privateers do, but not many consistent main event...
This is false.. Especially actual team riders who get drug tested separate from USADA by the teams. Some privateers do, but not many consistent main event guys.
FHKRacingZ wrote:
Not false. Shows how many pros you have been around lol. Its wide-spread...Cannabis has zero effect in how an athlete performs on race/game/match day...Football, baseball, basketball...
Not false. Shows how many pros you have been around lol. Its wide-spread...Cannabis has zero effect in how an athlete performs on race/game/match day...Football, baseball, basketball, motocross and endurance racers will use cannabis if they choose too. Its not like they are using while they are performing...

In the end who cares? Michael Phelps smoked like a chimney and won how many medals? Let people live boomer.
Bludwigsen wrote:
Current AMA pro license holder here, so I have been around pro's occasionally.. And as far as performance, that doesn't matter. Teams will do their own...
Current AMA pro license holder here, so I have been around pro's occasionally.. And as far as performance, that doesn't matter. Teams will do their own drug testing during the season, so you're not going to see most of the main event field (almost every factory team if not all) get high. They may use CBD, but that doesn't get you high or show up on a drug test unless THC is in it. Unless you're speaking the AX main event, then yes you're probably right.
look out everyone we have a current AMA pro license holder here who has been around "pros". He must have all the intel
yak651
Fantasy
214th
1/14/2021 5:57am
GangGreen wrote:
Mr. Afterbar stated,"Get off your pedestal. That crash was his fault by the way." Correct, Steinke was out of control and went wide on the 1st...
Mr. Afterbar stated,"Get off your pedestal. That crash was his fault by the way." Correct, Steinke was out of control and went wide on the 1st lap, hairpin, and should have expected to be stuffed. Also, Steinke deserves to be DQ'ed for two weeks when, as a LAPPER, messed with the race leader. Alessi's finger gestures should get him DQ'ed as well, "Conduct detrimental to the Sport".
Didn't look like he was giving the finger and even if he did, that's conduct detrimental to the sport?? Oh boy...
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
1/14/2021 7:29am
GangGreen wrote:
Mr. Afterbar stated,"Get off your pedestal. That crash was his fault by the way." Correct, Steinke was out of control and went wide on the 1st...
He wasn't "Stuffed" and that wasn't even a block pass. Alessi took a much tighter line and didn't even get close to Steinke. Steinke cut down hard and ran into the right/rear of Alessi's bike. Steinke was trying to tighten his line up and close the door waaaay long after he accidentally left it open and others were already coming through.

The Shop

Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
1/14/2021 9:52am
GangGreen wrote:
Again, Alessi did no finger gestures. I went back and watched it multiple times in slow-mo. It was definitely an apology wave.

Mike did the "taking out", why would he be flipping him off?

BobPA
1/14/2021 10:01am
EngIceDave wrote:
So, weed is good?

Cool
Spudnut wrote:
It’s literally harmless if enjoyed responsibly
Tell that to my bag of Doritos.
1/14/2021 10:06am
EngIceDave wrote:
So, weed is good?

Cool
LungButter wrote:
I certainly like it and the hypocrisy of people bashing weed and not having any problems with Alcohol is beyond ridiculous. Goes to show just how...
I certainly like it and the hypocrisy of people bashing weed and not having any problems with Alcohol is beyond ridiculous. Goes to show just how easy it is to brainwash someone.
bh wrote:
One takes you to a place of relaxations and calms the nerves and one can take you to a place where you are not conscious of...
One takes you to a place of relaxations and calms the nerves and one can take you to a place where you are not conscious of your actions and forget what you did or didn’t do the night of consumption. Not saying is weed is perfect by any means but I’ve never heard of someone going out and smoking a few (or eating a few) and unintentionally hurting someone in say a car accident or just making poor decisions in general. But going out and drinking a few and making really poor decisions is sadly all too common in our society.
THC does impair your ability to operate motor vehicles. There has been numerous accidents and people charged for Impaired by Drug (THC)

Its an separate offence in Canada to have 2.5 nano grams of THC in your blood. Its a more severe charge at 5 nano grams.

I have zero issues with people consuming THC , just dont drive.
1/14/2021 10:11am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2021 10:15am
LungButter wrote:
I certainly like it and the hypocrisy of people bashing weed and not having any problems with Alcohol is beyond ridiculous. Goes to show just how...
I certainly like it and the hypocrisy of people bashing weed and not having any problems with Alcohol is beyond ridiculous. Goes to show just how easy it is to brainwash someone.
bh wrote:
One takes you to a place of relaxations and calms the nerves and one can take you to a place where you are not conscious of...
One takes you to a place of relaxations and calms the nerves and one can take you to a place where you are not conscious of your actions and forget what you did or didn’t do the night of consumption. Not saying is weed is perfect by any means but I’ve never heard of someone going out and smoking a few (or eating a few) and unintentionally hurting someone in say a car accident or just making poor decisions in general. But going out and drinking a few and making really poor decisions is sadly all too common in our society.
THC does impair your ability to operate motor vehicles. There has been numerous accidents and people charged for Impaired by Drug (THC) Its an separate offence...
THC does impair your ability to operate motor vehicles. There has been numerous accidents and people charged for Impaired by Drug (THC)

Its an separate offence in Canada to have 2.5 nano grams of THC in your blood. Its a more severe charge at 5 nano grams.

It'd be interesting to find out (we never will) how many pro riders out there battling with banged up bodies are riding on opioids.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
1/14/2021 10:26am
My very first pro race was a PJ1 Arenacross in 2000 in Ft Worth and on the first lap of practice Mike Jones cleaned me out so bad in the corner after the catapult I considered quitting racing all together and joining the military.
JeepnMike
1/14/2021 10:32am
LungButter wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/14/472374/s1200_Screenshot_at_Jan_14_09_34_18.jpg[/img]

Spot on. On two levels for this discussion Smile
1/14/2021 11:20am
Vet57 wrote:
Watch any cops show and tell me what the common problem denominator that provokes violence and harm is. It ain't weed.
Rad76 wrote:
Politics? Just asking !
mxracer816 wrote:
How do you get politics out of that post? JEEZUS guys...
LOL - it was funny
gt80rider
1/14/2021 11:31am
THC does impair your ability to operate motor vehicles. There has been numerous accidents and people charged for Impaired by Drug (THC) Its an separate offence...

Do u smoke? Weed is different for everyone.... at high levels thc can impair you, and make it where u can't even find your car, let alone drive it.. lesser amounts can enhance your driving... yes, enhance... me personally, I have a high natural tolerance... I get nothing off a 100mg edible... but can start to feel something around the 1000mg level.... that would be off the chart on the blood test u mention, and I would be 99% sober.... others, a 20mg edible can couch lock them.... totally depends on the person....
bowl
1/14/2021 12:04pm

gt80rider wrote:
Do u smoke? Weed is different for everyone.... at high levels thc can impair you, and make it where u can't even find your car, let...
Do u smoke? Weed is different for everyone.... at high levels thc can impair you, and make it where u can't even find your car, let alone drive it.. lesser amounts can enhance your driving... yes, enhance... me personally, I have a high natural tolerance... I get nothing off a 100mg edible... but can start to feel something around the 1000mg level.... that would be off the chart on the blood test u mention, and I would be 99% sober.... others, a 20mg edible can couch lock them.... totally depends on the person....
Looks science back to me...lol
Enhance ur driving .....DizzyDizzyDizzy
1/14/2021 12:32pm
Steinke is a douche bag. The guy is a stoner. Maybe if he gave up the stupid shit and concentrated on racing he would be better...
Steinke is a douche bag. The guy is a stoner. Maybe if he gave up the stupid shit and concentrated on racing he would be better off.
xrmark wrote:
You’d be super bummed if you found out most of the guys in the main event get high. Most eat it rather than smoke it but...
You’d be super bummed if you found out most of the guys in the main event get high. Most eat it rather than smoke it but a lot of them use it for pain believe it or not
Bludwigsen wrote:
This is false.. Especially actual team riders who get drug tested separate from USADA by the teams. Some privateers do, but not many consistent main event...
This is false.. Especially actual team riders who get drug tested separate from USADA by the teams. Some privateers do, but not many consistent main event guys.
I don’t think arenacross deals with USADA regulations?
1/14/2021 1:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2021 1:26pm

gt80rider wrote:
Do u smoke? Weed is different for everyone.... at high levels thc can impair you, and make it where u can't even find your car, let...
I dont smoke Cannabis, although I use Cannabis edibles on occasion. Cannabis is legal in Canada.

I am a Police Officer and Drug Recognition Expert. I am the person who puts you through a medical/psychophysical exam (45 mins approx.) to determine if the driver is impaired or not.

Yes tolerances come into play. THC does impair your ability to divide your attention. Driving is a complex task that requires you to multitask.

Some people think they drive better because they can only focus on one aspect of operating a car. They are so focused on maintaining lane that they are not aware they are going 20km below the speed limit, as an example.

Some people it takes a little, some not so much. But your rolling the dice in my opinion.
1/14/2021 2:10pm
Steinke is a douche bag. The guy is a stoner. Maybe if he gave up the stupid shit and concentrated on racing he would be better...
Steinke is a douche bag. The guy is a stoner. Maybe if he gave up the stupid shit and concentrated on racing he would be better off.
LungButter wrote:
Ok Karen
That fuckin Karen thing is so 2020.
RyanD797
Fantasy
377th
1/26/2021 5:28pm
What happened to Steinke? Didn't see his name in this past weekend's results.
bh
1/26/2021 5:34pm
RyanD797 wrote:
What happened to Steinke? Didn't see his name in this past weekend's results.
got hurt

Post a reply to: AX drama

The Latest