ATL SX , where to stay-how to enjoy

Gus
I posted last year about going to ATL SX but didn’t make it. I tried searching the site but didn’t find much. I’ve never been to a SX race (went to the GP in Charlotte, didn’t get pit passes). I plan on taking my wife and 6 year old. I’d like to fly out of Raleigh and get in ATL before lunch.
1. Seat recommendations? I know it’s a new stadium so might be a guess
2. I want take him in the pits, monster can or just buy a pass?
3. Dumb question , to see the guys and get autographs do you have to do anything special or just get in the pits ?
4. Hotel ideas? I thought we’d just Uber from the airport to hotel.
Thanks
|
1/10/2018 6:46am
1. You can get fairly cheap seats and then move once the racing starts, I moved up to club level after the first heat race.

2. I bought a pass last year because I couldn't confirm if the monster can worked or not.

3. Pit pass is all you will need.

4. I stayed at a hotel across from turner field and used uber for every trip to the dome, it was usually less than $5 each trip. Uber really comes in handy after the race because of the traffic nightmare.
bball35
1/10/2018 7:18am
1. New stadium but the club level (second level of seats) where always the best at the GA Dome and they look very similar at MB Stadium. (I would like to sit in that new lower level club section but those seats aren't opened up on ticketmaster for whatever reason)
2. Monster can for sure
3. Back in the day just have a pit pass and wait in line. Now in Atlanta if you want a big name rider you may have to get a pass early because they will only sign so many. Atlanta pits are awesome and crazy at the same time. They are awesome because its packed and it makes the riders seem like rockstars but it is crazy because it can be hard to move around.
4. If money isn't a problem I suggest the Omni hotel connected to Phillips Arena. You can just walk to the stadium then.
1/10/2018 7:42am
I've been looking at the track map and will be purchasing tickets between sections 216-225. I second that the second level were the best seats in the Georgia Dome. There are plenty of hotels nearby and across from Centennial Park (Marriott, Holiday Inn, ect....The Omni hotel will be the closest to the stadium as previously noted).
Gus
1/10/2018 5:51pm
Alright cool thanks guys. The Omni had a couple rooms this morning. I ll see how it goes

The Shop

billyp330
1/12/2018 5:40am
If you have more time to spend in Georgia I'd highly recommend going to Durhamtown Offroad Resort in Union Point. Really fun mx, atv, utv tracks and trails. They do rentals on everything as well. It is pretty much Moto paradise. I've been there quite a few times and have never been disappointed. They have cabins as well so you can just stay there, however don't be expecting anything super nice as they are not. They are decent though.
Gus
1/12/2018 6:09am
Thanks BillyP. We went ahead and booked our flight and hotel, we didn’t want our son to miss too much school so it ll be an in and out trip. We went with section 217 and staying at the Omni. Thanks for all the insider tips. Hoping my little buddy can meet some of the stars, not sure how it works so we ll see.
bball35
1/12/2018 6:16am
Gus wrote:
Thanks BillyP. We went ahead and booked our flight and hotel, we didn’t want our son to miss too much school so it ll be an...
Thanks BillyP. We went ahead and booked our flight and hotel, we didn’t want our son to miss too much school so it ll be an in and out trip. We went with section 217 and staying at the Omni. Thanks for all the insider tips. Hoping my little buddy can meet some of the stars, not sure how it works so we ll see.
The omni has a great indoor food and shopping area called the CNN center that is really convenient.
Gus
1/12/2018 7:19am
Gus wrote:
Thanks BillyP. We went ahead and booked our flight and hotel, we didn’t want our son to miss too much school so it ll be an...
bball35 wrote:
The omni has a great indoor food and shopping area called the CNN center that is really convenient.
That’ll be good, catching an early flight out of Raleigh, figured we do lunch before we went into the stadium so I’ll be sure to check that out.
1/12/2018 7:22am
Gus,

I live about an hour and a half outside of Atlanta and had the pleasure of going to a Falcons game (will also be attending the Atlanta SX). The whole idea behind the structural design was to create a good vantage from all seats. I actually sat in section 324 as high up as you could before it turns to bleacher style seating. I am visually impaired (-9.50, -8.50) and was able to follow majority of the game. If you come to find you can't see, that digital halo that hangs is 60,000 sq ft I believe.

In regards to your other questions,

1. Last year a monster can got you in, easy to just walk by front of line and see what people are providing for entry if you want to double check.
1B. Early bird gets the worm with signatures.

2. Great choice of hotel, you'll be connected to the CNN Center/Phillips Arena and only a short walk to the Stadium.
billyp330
1/12/2018 7:31am
Gus wrote:
No problem. Hope you and your kid has a blast! You shouldn't have any issues meeting most of the stars, as most are really cool down to earth guys. Definitely get to the stadium early and watch practice. You will see tons of the pros, mechanics and managers just hanging out watching the practice as well. I took my 3 yr old daughter to her first pro race at highpoint national last year and even though it was really hot she still enjoyed it. I kind of regret not taking her to A1 this year but I was worried about the flight and everything being hard on her, since we did an in and out deal (flew sat morning, 4 1/2 hr flight, was at A1 all day. Then spent sunday just hanging out in cali and flew back late sunday night). I'm going to Indy SX though too so maybe I'll take her there for her first SX.

Post a reply to: ATL SX , where to stay-how to enjoy

The Latest