ATL SX schedule for the day? 5pm EST gate drop

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2020 6:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2020 6:42 PM

Trying to get an idea of what time we'll need to leave the hotel in Atlanta to head over to the dome for qualifying. Since the gate drop is 2hrs earlier than usual, I assume the rest of the schedule for the day (when pits open, when qualifiers begin, etc) will be 2hrs earlier than usual also?? Can anyone verify?

This is my first year going since it was in the Georgia Dome... are pits still in the GA World Congress Center?

One of my buddies is on a mission to get some ink from Eli on the ET3 jersey he has... Anyone recall approx what time in the day they've been signing in the Kawi pits??

|

2/20/2020 7:29 PM

No idea about the schedule, hopefully someone else will know. I do know that last year the pits were outside next to the new dome, not in the Congress center.

|

2/20/2020 7:52 PM

I would imagine everything else would be pushed back 2 hours, but I can't find the race day schedule.

And the pits are in front of the stadium near the entrance in a large courtyard area. You'll see it when you walk to the stadium.

|

2/20/2020 7:55 PM

|

2/20/2020 9:37 PM

Free practice starts at 10am.
Timed practice at 11:05.

|

2/22/2020 11:59 AM

I'm thinking the pits might be moved back inside this year. I received this information from a contact at the stadium.

Supercross

Event Day (Saturday, February 29, 2020)
FanFest – Georgia World Congress Center (Building cool – 10:00 AM-4:00 PM
Early Gates – 10:00 AM (Guests enter from Gate 1 and 2 and have access to the 100-concourse and their suites)
Main Gates – (All Gates, Except Gate 3) – 3:30 PM
Event Start – 4:30 PM
Re-Entry Permitted with Valid “Pass out” scan upon exiting. “Pass out” scans are available at the end of Intermission.

If I remember correctly, they ran out of room outside last year so maybe they had to go back inside for the space.

|

Check out my projects - Lukaitis Photo - NJ Motocross - The Moto Pages The Privateer's Story

For help with motorsports marketing, media, and management visit ScottLukaitis.com

2/22/2020 12:19 PM

Good call lukaitis... thanks

Anyone know approx how late/early after the pits open that Team Kawi usually does signings??

|

2/22/2020 1:06 PM

Unusual to start that early but I like it.

|

2/22/2020 2:41 PM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Good call lukaitis... thanks

Anyone know approx how late/early after the pits open that Team Kawi usually does signings??

They announced today at Arlington that the Monster Kawasaki Team was signing autographs around 2:30 local time.

Not sure what it will be with a two hour earlier start.

|