ARMA vs RynoPower

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2019 6:00 PM

Seems like ARMA is gaining some steam sponsoring some riders in MX.

Any of you guys use this stuff? I’ve used RynoPower before, seemed good.

|

9/23/2019 6:33 PM

The majority of those products are all the same, with any proprietary blends being small differences at most. Skratch labs is my go to for hydration mix, cheap enough and seems to do the trick. Most of the other stuff these companies offer really isn’t worth it unless you’re chasing the last half of a percent

|

9/23/2019 6:53 PM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

The majority of those products are all the same, with any proprietary blends being small differences at most. Skratch labs is ...more

I’d agree with that for the most part, but the Arma products are made with cleaner ingredients from mostly organic derivatives. The Fire and Blitz are a great combo. Works awesome for focus and sustainability.

|

9/23/2019 7:09 PM

Haven’t tried it, but if it’s good enough for Jeremy McGrath it’s good enough for me!

|

9/23/2019 8:27 PM

TymeMoto wrote:

Haven’t tried it, but if it’s good enough for Jeremy McGrath it’s good enough for me!

Marketing win!

|

9/23/2019 8:46 PM

TymeMoto wrote:

colvin227 wrote:

Marketing win!

founder actually

https://armasport.com/pages/about

|

9/23/2019 9:37 PM

TymeMoto wrote:

colvin227 wrote:

Marketing win!

I’d say more investor than anything. Arma existed in multiple forms across the motocross and action sports world for quite a while being energy drinks, and then energy snacks, with supplements just being the latest form. Seems like MC just bought the name or invested, as the original founder still continues to be tagged in Instagram posts from I believe the company and also people promoting the product. I personally am not a big fan of either brand in terms of their product (though I will definitely try both at some point simply because they support the sport) but for the product you receive for the price, there are much better values out there no doubt

|

9/23/2019 11:00 PM

I haven't tried Arma's new offerings but every time I used Ryno Power, I wasn't impressed. Some people swear by it though. Hopefully getting some Blitz soon.

|

9/24/2019 9:27 AM

Maybe Keefer Tested should do a review of their products. They both have roots in the moto industry.

|

9/24/2019 9:32 AM

Ramrod wrote:

Maybe Keefer Tested should do a review of their products. They both have roots in the moto industry.

Keefer uses the stuff almost everyday...

|

9/24/2019 10:41 AM

Looks like quite a bit of sugar in the Blitz (still less than 1/2 of RedBull or Monster), that is one of the biggest ingredients I'm trying to eliminate from my diet . very tough to do sad

|

My favorite rider is K.C Carlyle

9/24/2019 10:42 AM

Cytomax or gtfo

|

9/24/2019 11:13 AM

FeetUp wrote:

Looks like quite a bit of sugar in the Blitz (still less than 1/2 of RedBull or Monster), that is one of the biggest ...more

Sugar helps with faster absorption into the blood stream smile

|

9/24/2019 11:17 AM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

Cytomax or gtfo

Fast Twitch, Muscle Milk... but before all of the high levels of lead and arsenic.

|

9/24/2019 11:54 AM

From what I know of ARMA, a rich Italian fashion heir's kid joined up with Sepkovic after the energy drink tanked. MC and Wey have a long history it Hollywood so I believe that's how they linked up on the supplement side. I believe from the rumor I heard, they'll have a high end work out clothing line as well. Haven't tried either and don't plan to.

|

9/24/2019 8:10 PM

I'm not sure that any top level professional is using either product on their own.

Maybe if they get a check they'll say they use it. Just like every Monster or Red Bull or Rockstar rider

Me, I'd like to see actual scientific data that proves these products do what they say.

|

9/25/2019 2:06 AM

Ramrod wrote:

TSCHAM101 wrote:

Keefer looks 55 when he’s 42. I don’t know

|

9/25/2019 2:28 AM

Ramrod wrote:

TSCHAM101 wrote:

Phillip_McCavity wrote:

Keefer looks 55 when he’s 42. I don’t know

I only hope that you are posting that comment in jest,

|

@TONY351KTM

9/25/2019 4:17 PM

I like the Rynopower hydration, carbohydrates, and whey. All have ingredients based on nutrition science and are made in the US. It’s good stuff.

|

9/25/2019 4:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2019 4:30 PM

MikeJones wrote:

I’d agree with that for the most part, but the Arma products are made with cleaner ingredients from mostly organic ...more

Nothing you are ingesting is helping your focus.

You’re focused because you are focused on focusing, not because of some magic focus-inducing potion, which doesn’t exist except maybe amphetamines.

|

9/25/2019 4:32 PM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

You’re focused because you are focused on focusing, not because of some ...more

Yeah but marketing bro

|

9/25/2019 4:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2019 4:35 PM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Agreed. The whole industry is snake oil.

The fact that these types of products heavily rely on spam/astroturfing say’s something too.

Edit: didnt seen zehn posting at about the same time

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

9/26/2019 12:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2019 12:44 PM

kzizok wrote:

The fact that these types of products heavily rely on spam/astroturfing say’s ...more

Because us dirt cycle racers are not exactly the smartest bunch of humans on the planet, we tend to take word of mouth and marketing hype over established facts and scientific information.

|

9/26/2019 1:23 PM

This saddens me because one is nothing more than an expensive bottle of 190MG/serving of caffeine plus a bunch of fillers.
A 100 serving bottle of 200mg tablets is 3.50 at most stores. We packaged for major brands and store/generic brands
The other product doesn't have enough active ingredient of those listed to do anything at all except make expensive piss.

For the same price, you could buy all those in bulk and blend your own for less and have enough for a year supply.

Im a massive MC fan, but putting his name on stuff like this is a huge bummer. (He probably has no idea)
The supplement industry is 99.99% an unregulated scam so he should really look into what he is endorsing/owning/ putting his name on/whatever.

Full disclosure: I worked for the largest supplement blender/bottler/labeler in the US for over a decade and we packaged for a few hundred major brands, somewhat pseudo underground brands, including those that sell in bulk.

Also we owned a good number of brands, or partially owned them/bought them out. All the same stuff. Different labels, different amounts, different price points, all the same stuff

Fancy labels dont mean anything.
The same stuff in bulk costs pennies on the dollar and you'd have a years supply for the price of one bottle.

|

9/26/2019 1:27 PM

Brent wrote:

I'm not sure that any top level professional is using either product on their own.

Maybe if they get a check they'll say they ...more

You can research anything or ingredients with peer reviewed studies on legit sites like pubmed.

|

9/26/2019 1:39 PM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

The majority of those products are all the same, with any proprietary blends being small differences at most. Skratch labs is ...more

Never ever buy anything with a proprietary blend or matrix or other fancy name.

1 grain of powder is enough to say it is in it. The rest could be 99.99999% fillers.

|

9/26/2019 5:54 PM

Brent wrote:

Maybe if they get a check they'll say they ...more

Jeff stanton is using per insta.

|

9/26/2019 8:19 PM

WhatchaWant wrote:

Never ever buy anything with a proprietary blend or matrix or other fancy name.

1 grain of powder is enough to say it is in ...more

Where would one find various recipes for hydration, pre/post work out, etc.
using raw, bulk ingredients? Are there supplement nerd message boards
somewhere that share info like Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart?

|

9/26/2019 8:34 PM

MikeJones wrote:

I’d agree with that for the most part, but the Arma products are made with cleaner ingredients from mostly organic ...more

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

kzizok wrote:

The fact that these types of products heavily rely on spam/astroturfing say’s ...more

You might want to talk to top athletes/cyclists and any other high end sports. I cannot speak for ARMA, but Ryno Power is not snake oil unless your normal diet is garbage. It cannot make up for that. Clean supplements like quality protein, amino acids, and other key vitamins are needed for athletes stressing their bodies past the point where regular food can sustain the needs. If you ride once a week, this is not needed.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

9/26/2019 9:10 PM

8tensolutions wrote:

You might want to talk to top athletes/cyclists and any other high end sports. I cannot speak for ARMA, but Ryno Power is not ...more

i think the point they are making is quality/clean ingredients that make up much of these supplements can be had for a fraction of the cost, sans the fillers. no one is arguing protein or caffeine don't have beneficial effects on the body.

|