ARC Vs WC?

sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
We have been using ARC clutch perches and levers for a while and really like them, just wondering if anyone has compared the ARC to the WC perch? I hear the guys on pulp praising the WC perch a lot...
|
slipdog
7/16/2017 6:40am
I prefer the feel of WC over anything else.
BobPA
7/16/2017 6:48am
I like the PC levers. Thin and a good bend, all of the folding levers feel bulky to me.
7/16/2017 7:01am
Have ran almost every brand of folding/non-breaking lever and perches and ARC in my opinion is far and away the top choice. from the beefy quality and construction to being able to quickly and easily replace almost every part instead of having to buy a whole new system. The main and first thing that almost every clutch perch assembly except the ARC would have fail would be the roller bearings/knob for adjusting clutch tension (the on the fly adjuster) Would eventually start to freeze up and/or the soft aluminum would eventually deteriorate on the threads and render the entire perch useless. Never had this problem with the ARC over multiple years and have never broken or bent a perch or lever, I run the polymer levers too
kkawboy14
7/16/2017 7:07am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
We have been using ARC clutch perches and levers for a while and really like them, just wondering if anyone has compared the ARC to the...
We have been using ARC clutch perches and levers for a while and really like them, just wondering if anyone has compared the ARC to the WC perch? I hear the guys on pulp praising the WC perch a lot...
Paid for praising of a product? It's hard to beat ARC, I've never broken one!

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/16/2017 7:40am
ARC definitely.
Haven't had great experience with ARC brake levers (I always bent the support pieces), but the clutch fitting is awesome, no problems and I have used the same lever on 3 different brands already
cwtoyota
7/16/2017 7:52am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2017 7:53am
Arc is the only lever I've seen with outboarded bearings on the lever/perch assembly at the pivot point.

They also use a bronze "plain" bearing, rather than a needle bearing. Needle bearings and ball bearings have no place in this application where they are working through a partial arc of rotation, dirty conditions and limited lubrication.

I run OEM levers and replace them when they get floppy. From a mechanical design perspective, the Arc stuff is far superior to anything else I've seen. (I am specifically talking about the clutch lever/perch assemblies here).

PFitzG38
7/16/2017 8:27am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2017 8:28am
I've run ASV's with multiple crashes on them and never had them bend except when my bike falls off the stand. Thats happened twice, the second time I curly cued the damn thing. No problem there was an ASV guy at the track that day. No luck. I needed the verification I had "registered" my purchase......awesome customer service! Whatever. I run ARC's now.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
7/16/2017 8:33am
We used to run ASV's until the perch's started falling apart, we lost several of them. That metal ring kept popping out...

Thanks, for the replies. Were are getting him a new 450 soon, and I am planning the build. I think I am gonna stick with the ARC levers and perch!
mxb2
7/16/2017 8:35am
PFitzG38 wrote:
I've run ASV's with multiple crashes on them and never had them bend except when my bike falls off the stand. Thats happened twice, the second...
I've run ASV's with multiple crashes on them and never had them bend except when my bike falls off the stand. Thats happened twice, the second time I curly cued the damn thing. No problem there was an ASV guy at the track that day. No luck. I needed the verification I had "registered" my purchase......awesome customer service! Whatever. I run ARC's now.
Do you register them?
mxb2
7/16/2017 8:36am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
We have been using ARC clutch perches and levers for a while and really like them, just wondering if anyone has compared the ARC to the...
Both great products, imo all depends on the bike and the clutch pull. I have both , wc on the rmz, arc on my crf.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
7/16/2017 9:04am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Both great products, imo all depends on the bike and the clutch pull. I have both , wc on the rmz, arc on my crf.
We have the ARC on most if his Yamahas. Looks like we are probably going with a KTM, I still have hope he likes the 18 YZ but we have to wait and see....
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
7/16/2017 9:27am
I loved the works connection clutch assembly with the bearing. Buttery smooth clutch pull and it never broke or bent. When I have the extra money to put one on my current bike, I will.

Post a reply to: ARC Vs WC?

The Latest