AP7 Gypsy Tales Podcast

mxtech1
Edited Date/Time 5/29/2021 12:04pm
1) Confirmation that Yamaha wasn’t receptive to multiple riders feedback that the factory 450 was heavy, bound up, and unbalanced. Interesting to hear none of them tested the production bike and they were all given the Factory bike modded to the moon. AP wouldn’t/couldn’t elaborate on why Yamaha was insistent on not implementing the bike changes they wanted to match their riding styles and track conditions. I understand he doesn’t want to say anything too bad about Yamaha since he is at Star, but man I really wish these guys would just open up once awhile and speak bluntly. Everything is so smoke and mirrors and reading between the lines!

2) I was super happy that Jase called bullshit on rider contract injury clauses. Agreed with him 100% that any rider under contract putting their lives on the line multiple days per week should not have their wages/salaries suspended if they receive an injury that sidelines them for awhile. A factory rider like Aaron shouldn’t have to worry about how he’s going to pay his mortgage if he has an injury and his sponsors start enforcing salary discontinuance after being out for 5 races or more.
|
5/24/2021 4:13pm
Injury clause is a 2 way street
Put yourself in the shoes of the employer(s) of say AC9 and Smith.
If i had that many absences from work i'd be in a different industry.
MX690
5/24/2021 4:22pm
When Chad Reed was honest about what he thought of a bike he was branded as a cry baby, a whiner, someone whos hard to work with and someone who's burning his bridges or throwing the bike and his team under a bus.. So I can understand why the guys would like to keep their bike problems close to their chests.
5/24/2021 4:29pm
Injury clause is a 2 way street Put yourself in the shoes of the employer(s) of say AC9 and Smith. If i had that many absences...
Ya a because you working a reg 9-5 is even in the same reality as a professional athlete

The Shop

Up Wind
5/24/2021 4:52pm
mxtech1 wrote:
1) Confirmation that Yamaha wasn’t receptive to multiple riders feedback that the factory 450 was heavy, bound up, and unbalanced. Interesting to hear none of them...
1) Confirmation that Yamaha wasn’t receptive to multiple riders feedback that the factory 450 was heavy, bound up, and unbalanced. Interesting to hear none of them tested the production bike and they were all given the Factory bike modded to the moon. AP wouldn’t/couldn’t elaborate on why Yamaha was insistent on not implementing the bike changes they wanted to match their riding styles and track conditions. I understand he doesn’t want to say anything too bad about Yamaha since he is at Star, but man I really wish these guys would just open up once awhile and speak bluntly. Everything is so smoke and mirrors and reading between the lines!

2) I was super happy that Jase called bullshit on rider contract injury clauses. Agreed with him 100% that any rider under contract putting their lives on the line multiple days per week should not have their wages/salaries suspended if they receive an injury that sidelines them for awhile. A factory rider like Aaron shouldn’t have to worry about how he’s going to pay his mortgage if he has an injury and his sponsors start enforcing salary discontinuance after being out for 5 races or more.
It sounds like another its the bike song.
mxtech1
5/24/2021 5:53pm
Injury clause is a 2 way street Put yourself in the shoes of the employer(s) of say AC9 and Smith. If i had that many absences...
**if you had that many injury related absences from your work, your employer is not concerned about your health and safety and I HOPE you would leave and find another industry. Us regular working folks are protected by OSHA, corporate occupational health, safety programs, etc. We are also typically treated fairly and equitably when we experience job related injuries. Most have short term pay benefits and I know many companies that even pay for lost wages and/or injury benefit compensation packages.

Pro motorcycle racing is so small that the sponsors know they have these guys by the balls and make injury clauses in rider contracts the norm rather than the exception. Think about that....in a sport/career where you are guaranteed to have an injury, your main sources of income are telling you up front that if you get hurt and can’t ride, you don’t get paid. Think that ever holds guys back from going that extra 1% on track?

In your case, you would just quit your job/industry and find a new place to work. How bad do you think AP wanted to tell his sponsors to shove it after treating him like that during a SHORT TERM injury? But they can’t do that. The game is too small and they can’t afford to burn bridges.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
5/24/2021 6:15pm
mxtech1 wrote:
**if you had that many injury related absences from your work, your employer is not concerned about your health and safety and I HOPE you would...
**if you had that many injury related absences from your work, your employer is not concerned about your health and safety and I HOPE you would leave and find another industry. Us regular working folks are protected by OSHA, corporate occupational health, safety programs, etc. We are also typically treated fairly and equitably when we experience job related injuries. Most have short term pay benefits and I know many companies that even pay for lost wages and/or injury benefit compensation packages.

Pro motorcycle racing is so small that the sponsors know they have these guys by the balls and make injury clauses in rider contracts the norm rather than the exception. Think about that....in a sport/career where you are guaranteed to have an injury, your main sources of income are telling you up front that if you get hurt and can’t ride, you don’t get paid. Think that ever holds guys back from going that extra 1% on track?

In your case, you would just quit your job/industry and find a new place to work. How bad do you think AP wanted to tell his sponsors to shove it after treating him like that during a SHORT TERM injury? But they can’t do that. The game is too small and they can’t afford to burn bridges.
For those not interested in giving Gypsy Tales clicks anyone want to give a cliff notes of the injury clause comments?
Motodave15
5/24/2021 6:17pm
yak651 wrote:
For those not interested in giving Gypsy Tales clicks anyone want to give a cliff notes of the injury clause comments?
....why not give the dude clicks?? He's getting better info and interviews than alot of people in the industry.. and he resides in Australia... takes a guy freaking half the world away to get respective information most arent/ will not be privy too.

Gypsy deserves all the damn clicks for his recent interviews/podcasts
5/24/2021 6:19pm
yak651 wrote:
Seriously?
So you "don't want to give Gypsy Tales clicks", but you want the benefit of knowing what was talked about on Gypsy Tales?
WTF is going on these days.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/24/2021 6:30pm
Motodave15 wrote:
....why not give the dude clicks?? He's getting better info and interviews than alot of people in the industry.. and he resides in Australia... takes a...
....why not give the dude clicks?? He's getting better info and interviews than alot of people in the industry.. and he resides in Australia... takes a guy freaking half the world away to get respective information most arent/ will not be privy too.

Gypsy deserves all the damn clicks for his recent interviews/podcasts
He's from Australia, but lives in the US.
mxtech1
5/24/2021 6:32pm
yak651 wrote:
No. Watch the video or listen to the podcast.
Nairb#70
5/24/2021 6:53pm
mxtech1 wrote:
1) Confirmation that Yamaha wasn’t receptive to multiple riders feedback that the factory 450 was heavy, bound up, and unbalanced. Interesting to hear none of them...

Doesn't this same thing with Factory Yamaha go as far back as the 1980's with Bob Hannah? He bitched about them constantly and finally got so fed up he left. Remember "It ran like a stinkin' 80" while referring to his 125 that was slow and blew up all the time. Seems to me like the best thing to ever happen to Factory Yamaha was to lose the Factory part
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
5/24/2021 6:58pm
I'd guess it's a power play over who pays for the insurance.
5/24/2021 7:02pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He's from Australia, but lives in the US.
Nah he lives in Queensland Australia, he's doing all these podcasts / interviews over the internet I believe
5/24/2021 7:08pm
Nah he lives in Queensland Australia, he's doing all these podcasts / interviews over the internet I believe
He now has a studio in California.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/24/2021 7:13pm
I don't think Plessinger flew down to Australia to do a podcast.

5/24/2021 7:15pm
Bigoldbeef wrote:
He now has a studio in California.
So he just has his guests in that California studio? Cause he isn't flying into and out of Australia all the time due to government restrictions
5/24/2021 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2021 7:16pm
If he just toned down the bros & fucks and took the guests balls out of his mouth a bit less (currently on the Deegan one and they are in deep) he would have a great podcast. He has great guests and always has alot of good questions and seems like a nice dude if he just backed off on the above he would be at whiskey & pulp level imo
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
5/24/2021 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2021 7:44pm
Another week, Another Gypsy Forum..

Gypsy drops another podcast and another forum is made about the key topics and discussions that are spoke about..
yet people still wont give him the credit he deserves.

Gypsy always puts out great content and actually has a proper one on one conversation with the athletes. in and out side the moto industry.

the more clicks he gets. the better the production, the more guest and the more content we see.

lesgoooo Gypsy Gang
rjg
5/24/2021 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2021 7:27pm
I met a gypsy.

Say it if your down.
mxtech1
5/24/2021 7:25pm
Nairb#70 wrote:
Doesn't this same thing with Factory Yamaha go as far back as the 1980's with Bob Hannah? He bitched about them constantly and finally got so...
Doesn't this same thing with Factory Yamaha go as far back as the 1980's with Bob Hannah? He bitched about them constantly and finally got so fed up he left. Remember "It ran like a stinkin' 80" while referring to his 125 that was slow and blew up all the time. Seems to me like the best thing to ever happen to Factory Yamaha was to lose the Factory part
https://motoamerica.com/the-mccarty-era-four-decades-of-leadership/

My opinion - McCarty was in it for the long haul and wanted to do everything by the book, didn’t want to ruffle feathers, and was more focused on climbing the Yamaha Racing ladder. He had a chance to go Honda with Hannah, but he chose the comfortable route and stayed with Yamaha. That says a lot right there. Great guy and a legend of the sport no doubt, but I just don’t think he had that gumption to win at any and all costs like you see with Regan, Payton, DeCoster, etc.
sandhills
5/24/2021 7:30pm
So he just has his guests in that California studio? Cause he isn't flying into and out of Australia all the time due to government restrictions
Yes, it's done over zoom or whatever and the studio A/V is captured on either end.
cable
5/24/2021 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2021 7:42pm
Ive heard these manufacturers making riders run a setup that they hated back in the 80s with alan king on suzuki. he said he had the 500cc title in the bag and they would make him run a shock that didnt work. also heard they would change nick wey factory suzuki setting before a heat or main..that sounds confidence inspiring.
Johnny Ringo
5/24/2021 7:57pm
Another week, Another Gypsy Forum.. Gypsy drops another podcast and another forum is made about the key topics and discussions that are spoke about.. yet people...

Gypsy drops another podcast and another forum is made about the key topics and discussions that are spoke about..

Gypsy always puts out great content and actually has a proper one on one conversation with the athletes. in and out side the moto industry.

the more clicks he gets. the better the production, the more guest and the more content we see.

lesgoooo Gypsy Gang
Technically this is a “thread” on a “forum”
tobz
5/24/2021 8:00pm
Another week, Another Gypsy Forum.. Gypsy drops another podcast and another forum is made about the key topics and discussions that are spoke about.. yet people...

lesgoooo Gypsy Gang
There’s just something about them the grinds my gears. I can’t get through a 15 second preview that IG throws up randomly on my feed let alone a whole show. Pinch
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
5/24/2021 11:04pm

lesgoooo Gypsy Gang
Technically this is a “thread” on a “forum”
fair call hahaha my bad
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
5/24/2021 11:06pm
sandhills wrote:
Yes, it's done over zoom or whatever and the studio A/V is captured on either end.
which would be expensive but so cool to see the effort and expense he goes through to make these videos for us.

its better then a phone call and listening to the muffled audio hahaha
5/24/2021 11:47pm
Getting back to the original post, why should it be different from a regular job, if I get injured at work, insurance pays until I resume regular duties.

He needs a better manager to negotiate better work place conditions, maybe a riders union!
ocscottie
5/25/2021 12:56am
cablecable wrote:
If he just toned down the bros & fucks and took the guests balls out of his mouth a bit less (currently on the Deegan one...
If he just toned down the bros & fucks and took the guests balls out of his mouth a bit less (currently on the Deegan one and they are in deep) he would have a great podcast. He has great guests and always has alot of good questions and seems like a nice dude if he just backed off on the above he would be at whiskey & pulp level imo
The Deegan segments were really good, Brian had a lot of good things to say.
5/25/2021 1:12am
yak651 wrote:
Just give them a click. Have a quick look man. Support the man who brings us good moto content!!

Even if he is an Aussie 😂

Post a reply to: AP7 Gypsy Tales Podcast

The Latest