AMart Holeshots again!

Mossy
2/1/2020 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 4:12pm
All the shit talk on how slow these RMZ-250’s are...and yet here AMart is out here pulling holeshots on everyone. I will say, he’s got a lot less weight than everyone, but still.

Looks like to me the Suzuki 250’s can make some power Cool
|
Mr. Afterbar
2/1/2020 8:40pm
Good ride for A-mart tonight. He looks good on a Zook.
2/1/2020 8:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2020 9:13pm
Why do people that own Suzukis always have to point out the one time a Suzuki gets a holeshot?

Edit: 250 SX Holeshots 2017-2020 (not including Triple Crowns)

Kawi - 20
KTM - 10
Honda - 6
Yamaha - 5
Husky - 5
Suzuki - 3

I guess it's a surprise to you all, hence why you feel the need to make threads about it.

2/1/2020 9:00pm
Why do people that own Suzukis always have to point out the one time a Suzuki gets a holeshot? Edit: 250 SX Holeshots 2017-2020 (not including...
Why do people that own Suzukis always have to point out the one time a Suzuki gets a holeshot?

Kawi - 20
KTM - 10
Honda - 6
Yamaha - 5
Husky - 5
Suzuki - 3

I guess it's a surprise to you all, hence why you feel the need to make threads about it.

Let r eatttt
2/1/2020 9:01pm
I’ll beat the drum again. My man shoulda stayed at tld ktm but rumor tonight I Got was he didn’t get that offer.

The Shop

aeffertz
2/1/2020 9:05pm
I’ll beat the drum again. My man shoulda stayed at tld ktm but rumor tonight I Got was he didn’t get that offer.
No rumor. JGR offered him more money than TLD was willing to pay him. So once his contract was up he moved to the higher paying team.
Mr. Afterbar
2/1/2020 9:07pm
aeffertz wrote:
No rumor. JGR offered him more money than TLD was willing to pay him. So once his contract was up he moved to the higher paying...
No rumor. JGR offered him more money than TLD was willing to pay him. So once his contract was up he moved to the higher paying team.
Actually, TLD had to make room for incoming amateur riders that had contracts and A-mart’s was up. Don’t believe there was an offer.
2/1/2020 9:08pm
aeffertz wrote:
No rumor. JGR offered him more money than TLD was willing to pay him. So once his contract was up he moved to the higher paying...
Career hasn’t been the same since he left if you ask me. I am a huge troll fan. Love his bro Jeremy almost as much but a-Mart has a spot in my heart for some reason.
sherro24
2/1/2020 9:14pm
I was always under power (fully stock bike) but had a great technique. hole shot every moto. not even a starting device. Just gate prep, clutch and throttle control. but the biggest thing was knowing every time I lined up I was going to be first to the first corner, and it just seemed to happen.its all in the mind when you boil it down.
mxjon454
2/1/2020 9:30pm
aeffertz wrote:
Actually, TLD had to make room for incoming amateur riders that had contracts and A-mart’s was up. Don’t believe there was an offer.
Yup this was pretty well known. TLD had Cantrell moving up I believe and 4 other guys already had contracts going into the next year so there was no room for AMart.
2/1/2020 9:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2020 9:35pm
aeffertz wrote:
mxjon454 wrote:
Yup this was pretty well known. TLD had Cantrell moving up I believe and 4 other guys already had contracts going into the next year so...
Yup this was pretty well known. TLD had Cantrell moving up I believe and 4 other guys already had contracts going into the next year so there was no room for AMart.
No hate but a marts better than all of em but understand age and potential matters in moto, well maybe not mcelrath
aeffertz
2/1/2020 9:54pm
Ahh. I thought I remember hearing they would still have had him on but couldn’t/wouldn’t match what JGR offered. Thanks for clearing it up.
2/1/2020 9:57pm
sherro24 wrote:
I was always under power (fully stock bike) but had a great technique. hole shot every moto. not even a starting device. Just gate prep, clutch...
I was always under power (fully stock bike) but had a great technique. hole shot every moto. not even a starting device. Just gate prep, clutch and throttle control. but the biggest thing was knowing every time I lined up I was going to be first to the first corner, and it just seemed to happen.its all in the mind when you boil it down.
Don’t tell everyone the ways of the holeshoteer....
2/1/2020 10:24pm
Career hasn’t been the same since he left if you ask me. I am a huge troll fan. Love his bro Jeremy almost as much but...
Career hasn’t been the same since he left if you ask me. I am a huge troll fan. Love his bro Jeremy almost as much but a-Mart has a spot in my heart for some reason.
It’s called a crush for a reason...
Spudnut
2/1/2020 10:54pm
Uncle Horse must be putting the hours in on the dyno
Motofinne
2/2/2020 12:59am
But the whoops man, the whoops. He has never been this bad in them right?
jk367
2/2/2020 1:40am
Maybe I need to rewatch but I actually thought he looked a lot better in them tonight
Motofinne
2/2/2020 1:44am
jk367 wrote:
Maybe I need to rewatch but I actually thought he looked a lot better in them tonight
He was better but these were also by far the easiest of the season. He had a horrible run through them when Cooper got him in the end.
cappelmans
2/2/2020 3:21am
His riding is great but seems to be struggling when going through whoops. Suspension looks too stiff in them
USMCMXer
2/2/2020 5:47am
Why do people that own Suzukis always have to point out the one time a Suzuki gets a holeshot? Edit: 250 SX Holeshots 2017-2020 (not including...

Kawi - 20
KTM - 10
Honda - 6
Yamaha - 5
Husky - 5
Suzuki - 3

Good work, while you're at it, what was the percentage of zooks in those races? Currently, A-Mart is currently the only one...
Harry_Gray
2/2/2020 6:20am
Mossy wrote:
All the shit talk on how slow these RMZ-250’s are...and yet here AMart is out here pulling holeshots on everyone. I will say, he’s got a...
All the shit talk on how slow these RMZ-250’s are...and yet here AMart is out here pulling holeshots on everyone. I will say, he’s got a lot less weight than everyone, but still.

Looks like to me the Suzuki 250’s can make some power Cool
I think at the end of last year, JGR found what they were looking for (power wise) out of their 250f's. Now...if they can get the suspension/handling sorted out, cause it looks like he's fighting the bike out on the track.
2/2/2020 6:53am

Kawi - 20
KTM - 10
Honda - 6
Yamaha - 5
Husky - 5
Suzuki - 3

USMCMXer wrote:
Good work, while you're at it, what was the percentage of zooks in those races? Currently, A-Mart is currently the only one...
There's a reason there's only one zook out there.
motomike894
2/2/2020 6:58am
I ride Suzuki and love the brand, but it’s obvious something ain’t meshing with Martin and that bike in terms of handling or suspension, it could be him too who knows but his whoop speed and he just doesn’t look comfy all the time.

But watching videos of him riding during week he looks way better cornering awesome etc, so not sure what’s going on.
Flattrack88
2/2/2020 7:18am
I ride Suzuki and love the brand, but it’s obvious something ain’t meshing with Martin and that bike in terms of handling or suspension, it could...
I ride Suzuki and love the brand, but it’s obvious something ain’t meshing with Martin and that bike in terms of handling or suspension, it could be him too who knows but his whoop speed and he just doesn’t look comfy all the time.

But watching videos of him riding during week he looks way better cornering awesome etc, so not sure what’s going on.
I love Amart, but do any of you think he should be beating Ferrandis, Forkner, or Cooper? Since he's not, it must be his bike right?
motomike894
2/2/2020 7:24am
I ride Suzuki and love the brand, but it’s obvious something ain’t meshing with Martin and that bike in terms of handling or suspension, it could...

I love Amart, but do any of you think he should be beating Ferrandis, Forkner, or Cooper? Since he's not, it must be his bike right?
You have a valid point I don’t think he could keep there pace the whole race regardless, but just saying videos of him riding during week he looks faster and smoother
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
2/2/2020 7:37am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 12:22pm
I am looking for title like this "A-Mart fading into obsurity once again."

Every 250 main event holeshot i'm like:
had2comment
2/2/2020 7:40am
He should be consistently placing at least 3rd-5th
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1775th
2/2/2020 8:13am
Harry_Gray wrote:
I think at the end of last year, JGR found what they were looking for (power wise) out of their 250f's. Now...if they can get the...
I think at the end of last year, JGR found what they were looking for (power wise) out of their 250f's. Now...if they can get the suspension/handling sorted out, cause it looks like he's fighting the bike out on the track.
Pretty sure their suspension guy left to do his own thing?

I want the team and bike to win, because Vital says they can’t.
2/2/2020 8:33am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 9:04am
He should be consistently placing at least 3rd-5th
Has he ever done that in SX?

The answer, no. He has never been a regular top 5 finisher in his decade-long SX career. In fact, he is finishing consistently better than ever right now.

Here is his average finish position in SX over his career:

JGR SUZ RMZ250: 7
Troy Lee KTM 250SXF: 12.4
Star YAM YZ250F: 12.6
Rock River YAM YZ250F: 8.9
Eleven-ten HON CRF250: 12.4
Privateer HON CRF250: 15.2
mxtech1
2/2/2020 10:36am
SX starts are more about reaction time and traction then raw power. I'm sure JGR has that motor making good power, however.

Outdoors is where you see the power requirements....hence why the Star Yamahas have been good starting bikes the last few years even if the riders are slightly late on the gate.

Post a reply to: AMart Holeshots again!

The Latest