AMRA Buckeye Hare Scramble

Solidkm
12/24/2018 9:51am
Hey, my friend and I are traveling from Colorado to Arizona to attend this race Jan 6 Arizona Cycle Park. We saw somewhere that you must have a chest protector, camel back, and spark arrestor. Is this true? Never been to a hare scramble that I needed a spark arrestor, and I don’t want to buy one just to buy one. I emailed AMRA but no answer. Anyone have experience with this organization?

Thanks
|
zippytech
12/24/2018 10:00am
Have you looked at the rule book?
mwssquad827
12/24/2018 10:22am Edited Date/Time 12/24/2018 10:23am
I would say yes you need one... is it a AMA event also?? . If it is you will for sure need one.. every big desert race I have attended I have had to have a spark arrestor

But if it’s all on the private property then you might not need one...

Sorry doesn’t really answer your question?? have fun tho
TallonT911
12/24/2018 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 12/24/2018 12:51pm
Pro moto billet makes an end cap for your stock exhaust if you don’t want to buy an aftermarket exhaust.
PS.. all you really need is something to stop the screw driver/ whatever they stick down your exhaust to see if you have a screen. If it stops, you pass, if the screw driver goes all the way in, you fail.
Doddy
12/24/2018 1:38pm
TallonT911 wrote:
Pro moto billet makes an end cap for your stock exhaust if you don’t want to buy an aftermarket exhaust. PS.. all you really need is...
Pro moto billet makes an end cap for your stock exhaust if you don’t want to buy an aftermarket exhaust.
PS.. all you really need is something to stop the screw driver/ whatever they stick down your exhaust to see if you have a screen. If it stops, you pass, if the screw driver goes all the way in, you fail.
Every offroad race I have done requires it. AMA or not. If it doesn't have the USFS stamped on it you can still be sent home.
If a ranger sees it without a stamp, you will get a fat ticket regardless if it works or not.

Something that I learned last year, at some races you could NOT line up with a dirty bike. Bike must be clean without foreign substances on it.

I have no idea about requirements on a chest protector or hydro pack. Those are optional at every race I have been to and know of around here. However, some insurance policies for the land owners may require it?

The Shop

mwssquad827
12/24/2018 2:14pm
TallonT911 wrote:
Pro moto billet makes an end cap for your stock exhaust if you don’t want to buy an aftermarket exhaust. PS.. all you really need is...
Doddy wrote:
Every offroad race I have done requires it. AMA or not. If it doesn't have the USFS stamped on it you can still be sent home...
Every offroad race I have done requires it. AMA or not. If it doesn't have the USFS stamped on it you can still be sent home.
If a ranger sees it without a stamp, you will get a fat ticket regardless if it works or not.

Something that I learned last year, at some races you could NOT line up with a dirty bike. Bike must be clean without foreign substances on it.

I have no idea about requirements on a chest protector or hydro pack. Those are optional at every race I have been to and know of around here. However, some insurance policies for the land owners may require it?
Yup I have had to have a clean bike as well for a couple races.. and also the stamped USFS needs to be there.. my brother got denied a race because he “made” his own arrestor and they called bullshit on it, even tho it was a pretty legit redneck arrestor...???
Best thing to do is to play by the rules (buy a sparky) or you might not get to play at all...
Solidkm
12/24/2018 6:21pm
Thanks everyone. I keep my bikes pretty clean, so I’ve never experienced he clean Bike to be able to race thing. What’s the reason for that?
BR8ES
12/24/2018 6:27pm
^^^ Probably some sort of soil contamination or invasive species issue.
turbo666
12/25/2018 6:15am
I have raced this series a few years, but don't hate me if you get there and something doesn't match my answers. The AMRA usually pokes a stick to verify a screen or turbine to test for a spark arrestor. That said, this race is at an off road park and the park is the promoter. In the past they have not done a formal tech on the bikes at sign up.

The tech sheet lists all the required gear, but I have never had anyone verify I had it. Overall, it is a fun series with diverse events. The two races in January range from a sandy hare scramble at an MX track to a boulder filled Sprint Enduro on single track.

There is a active discussion group on Facebook if you have any other questions.

Post a reply to: AMRA Buckeye Hare Scramble

The Latest