AMA vs GP enough already!

DC
5/25/2015 10:56am
Njracer46, I don't really know, other than maybe they think mainstream viewers might find it confusing. We embrace SX and the series does a great deal for us and all of the promoters so we're good there, it's no big deal, we are all in this together!
DC
MX Sports
DC
5/25/2015 10:58am
PEP, I am at every national (usually) and don't get to watch them, but I can't believe there's more commercials than supercross, which has very short heat and semi races with commercials in between every one. But you are right, that's what's needed to show it all live and free.

DC
MX Sports
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
5/25/2015 11:00am
GP's? Never heard of em.
DC
5/25/2015 11:15am Edited Date/Time 5/25/2015 11:20am
Just one of those years where Tomac is breaking out, Dungey and Roczen and Barcia getting sorted, RV and Stewart and Canard and Millsaps out, Baggett and Anderson and Seely just moved up, Reed and Grant not as fast as a few years ago... But in Europe, you have one guy who has won the last six titles in Cairoli and a dominant (until recently) Herlings, so I don't see the depth you do, but I have seen a very big difference in the tracks so far, both here and there. (And I was in Italy and blown away by Nagl and have always known how fast DeSalle and Paulin are, and Gasjer and Guillod and Lefebrve are coming up fast!)
No matter, I enjoy the racing on both sides, and sorry SX does not come quicker to your country, it's fantastic that it's all live here every Saturday night.
That's all the bench racing I have for today, time for a break.
DC
MX Sports

The Shop

5/25/2015 11:56am Edited Date/Time 5/25/2015 11:57am
Hut wrote:
There is always a bunch of euro's on here that wake up in the weee hours to participate in the SX and MX race discussion threads.
Wake up? We're crazy enough skip sleep for it. Grinning
Hut
5/25/2015 12:25pm
Hut wrote:
There is always a bunch of euro's on here that wake up in the weee hours to participate in the SX and MX race discussion threads.
Wake up? We're crazy enough skip sleep for it. Grinning
Right on! Just like we do for des nations and a few gp races Cool
5/25/2015 1:56pm
karsmakers wrote:
Well your right that the GP lights winners are the ones that come over and there have been many. Rattray, Searle, Porcel, KR, MM etc.. and...
Well your right that the GP lights winners are the ones that come over and there have been many. Rattray, Searle, Porcel, KR, MM etc.. and to my point, most don't win right away. I'm not sure why you GP fans have such a hard time acknowledging that or the fact that you never win the MXDN when its here as opposed to there. Can you answer that?
It is only young lites riders going over because SX is part of the game in the US. They have to learn it from the scratch when they arrive because it is not possible to practice SX here just because there are no SX tracks. You guys have practice tracks just everywhere and your kids grow up with that. That's a reason why I don't think it is fair to sweep Pourcels and Roczens abilities unter the mat with the argument that they didn't dominate straight up. SX/MX is a big business in the US and it is all about the money as we learned again, and that's why I don't think we will see more american riders in the GPs more often in the future. And because of the lack of SX skills in europe I don't see more Europeans able to go to the US. Since RV came over we all know where we are outdoors nowadays an we're happy about that. Nothing more, nothing less.
Oh and as for your question about the MXDN let me first tell you there is no euro-land over here and no GP-land as well, so I am not sure who you're pointing at with what you call "you GP fans". But to answer anyway, I honestly don't feel a necessity to prove something like winning on whoevers home soil. I even can enjoy racing without being biased because of my country or my continent or whatever you're talking about. Our 2012 win in Lommel still is a miracle that happened in my book and I doubt you will ever experience something like that as a US fan. cheers

5/25/2015 2:08pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Greg Albertyn was a multi time World Champion before coming here and struggling before finally winning a National title in the big bike class. A lot...
Greg Albertyn was a multi time World Champion before coming here and struggling before finally winning a National title in the big bike class. A lot of that was due to injuries caused by SX but still. I think 95 was his first season and he was healthy to start the nationals and very fast but didn't win the title till 99. Pichon is another example but in a different way. I think he won one moto here in the big bike class then went back to Europe and promptly won some world titles. Did that mean the AMA series was better or stronger? Not necessarily. The tracks and being back home probably just suited him better. I've always loved and followed both series' .
Sure Albertyn I forgot, thanks.
karsmakers
5/25/2015 4:30pm
I think we can generally agree that Gp riders are better overall riders in the sand and mud and thus better on a variety of surfaces and conditions. We can also agree that with the promotion of the junior divisions and classes at GP tracks the riders are progressing faster and this has led to increased speed and depth. The AMA riders obviously excel in supercross and tracks that require greater risk in the air as well as in warmer weather. And since their tracks are groomed differently they do well at the tracks on our circuit. I also believe that both series have more young riders that are rookies that show a lot of promise. I love both series, and just as you enjoy our series more if KR and MM and other former GP riders are in it...we also enjoy the gp series even more with our riders going over. Great riders are great riders and both series has their share. I just get tired of the "our series is better than yours" based on a result here or there. In time a riders true speed shows up.Wink
PEPE001
5/25/2015 6:26pm
karsmakers wrote:
I think we can generally agree that Gp riders are better overall riders in the sand and mud and thus better on a variety of surfaces...
I think we can generally agree that Gp riders are better overall riders in the sand and mud and thus better on a variety of surfaces and conditions. We can also agree that with the promotion of the junior divisions and classes at GP tracks the riders are progressing faster and this has led to increased speed and depth. The AMA riders obviously excel in supercross and tracks that require greater risk in the air as well as in warmer weather. And since their tracks are groomed differently they do well at the tracks on our circuit. I also believe that both series have more young riders that are rookies that show a lot of promise. I love both series, and just as you enjoy our series more if KR and MM and other former GP riders are in it...we also enjoy the gp series even more with our riders going over. Great riders are great riders and both series has their share. I just get tired of the "our series is better than yours" based on a result here or there. In time a riders true speed shows up.Wink
Its not a question of which series is better or who is faster.
I think both series re great for the market it is for!

MXGP suites the European better from market prospective in the US it is the SX series.

From my point of view the SX Series is way more risky than the outdoors but that's the business!
A lot of riders will start the nationals injured from SX.

That wont happen with MXGP riders because there is no SX except the view races prior the season.
But that's a show event not an entire series.

However to me as a "European" the discussion is nonsense which series or which rider is better.
I enjoy every race I can watch even local amateur races due to the fact that I don't race anymore.

5/25/2015 11:30pm
here in gb I get sx and mx the day after and I'm as excited to watch you're series as much as I am about the gps . we used to get sx live on espn in HD but that's stopped now Sad
5/25/2015 11:44pm
karsmakers wrote:
I think we can generally agree that Gp riders are better overall riders in the sand and mud and thus better on a variety of surfaces...
Absolutely , Karsmakers old boy could not agree more , I think every body is sick and tired , not to mention bored of the old " AMA v GP " thing .

But what you really need to appreciate is that for the majority of the past years , the European fans have had to take it on the chin and accept that the US riders were in fact better technically than ours and also quicker . The MXDN results over a wide range of years pretty much proved that .

But , now things have changed and the European riders are every bit as good , dare I say " even better " than the US boys , but yet the vast majority of US fans just cannot accept that and give any credit or respect to them , and personally that really pisses me off !

Just remember over the past winter when it was announced that RV was going to the GP,s , this place went into melt down with thread after thread about , not was he going to win , but by how much and could anybody even take a moto off him !!

Also this past week , we had similar wild predictions about Mike Alessi at the British GP, some people even suggesting that he was going to be top 5 or better !

What exactly gave people the impression that either of these were going to happen ??

To me it just seems as though they were thinking , " there American , so obviously better " , but when reality hit home , instead of just giving some credit to the GP boys , we then had to go down the bullshit excuses path , and that's just disrespectful to the GP riders and their ability .

I do agree that its great when riders cross over the pond though , as it really adds an extra dimension to either series , and creates interest , but does it really ALWAYS have to end in a dick measuring contest ?

Post a reply to: AMA vs GP enough already!

The Latest