AMA versus FIM - The only way to decide

mxgeoff
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 7:47pm
Join the two series up......That is the only way we ever find out who the fastest is. 15 rounds all over the World. One race a year just doesn't prove it, and because Dungey has gone 1-1-1-1 doesn't mean he's faster than Cairoli and because Cairoli beat Reed, Dungey, Townley and Alessi in the last 12 months doesn't mean he's faster than them.

Why don't we stop acting like women just agree for a change.

Geoff
|
Mutt
6/17/2010 9:40am
If we all agreed for a change, these boards would be a boring place. What would we do with out all the trans-Atlantic banter?
BLAHBLAH
6/17/2010 10:10am
Great mxgeoff, call up Giuseppe and Davey and set up a meeting!
Outsider
6/17/2010 10:18am
mxgeoff wrote:
Join the two series up......That is the only way we ever find out who the fastest is. 15 rounds all over the World. One race a...
Join the two series up......That is the only way we ever find out who the fastest is. 15 rounds all over the World. One race a year just doesn't prove it, and because Dungey has gone 1-1-1-1 doesn't mean he's faster than Cairoli and because Cairoli beat Reed, Dungey, Townley and Alessi in the last 12 months doesn't mean he's faster than them.

Geoff
Why don't we stop acting like women just agree for a change

Because Lady Gaga has a higher testosterone level than most members of this board?

Seriously, who wouldn't love to see a true world MX series? Would it ever happen though?
huck
6/17/2010 10:21am
mxgeoff wrote:
Join the two series up......That is the only way we ever find out who the fastest is. 15 rounds all over the World. One race a...

Geoff
Sorry...but with the economy like it is...and the teams dropping and cutting, I don't think adding A LOT more expense is the answer.

The Shop

Torco1
6/17/2010 10:25am
I thought we already decided that the AMA is better because it's in America. Silly
ATKpilot99
6/17/2010 10:29am
mxgeoff wrote:

Geoff
That would be the ideal way but we all know its not going to happen. Maybe a 4 race fall series with 2 races in Europe and 2 in the US or 1 in the US and 1 in Canada. I know not the ideal way because its such a short series but it would provide some bragging rights.
mxgeoff
6/17/2010 10:57am
mxgeoff wrote:

Geoff
ATKpilot99 wrote:
That would be the ideal way but we all know its not going to happen. Maybe a 4 race fall series with 2 races in Europe...
That would be the ideal way but we all know its not going to happen. Maybe a 4 race fall series with 2 races in Europe and 2 in the US or 1 in the US and 1 in Canada. I know not the ideal way because its such a short series but it would provide some bragging rights.
That might be possible. Maybe even give the four races series a special name like Golden Crown or something. It's the only way we can give a guy the credit as the fastest in the World.

How cool would that be, one round in California, one in the mid-America, maybe one in Australia, and then one in Europe. I love the idea.

Geoff
yamazuki
6/17/2010 11:01am
mxgeoff wrote:

Geoff
We would be lowering the standards of the AMA if we did that. America wins the motocross de nations all the time, We don't need to prove anything. Cairoli is not even a player. If he wants to prove he is best, come to America where the best are like all the other European hopefulls.
mxgeoff
6/17/2010 11:30am
mxgeoff wrote:

Geoff
yamazuki wrote:
We would be lowering the standards of the AMA if we did that. America wins the motocross de nations all the time, We don't need to...
We would be lowering the standards of the AMA if we did that. America wins the motocross de nations all the time, We don't need to prove anything. Cairoli is not even a player. If he wants to prove he is best, come to America where the best are like all the other European hopefulls.
Of course (here we go again). Everything is better in America, all the best riders ride there, blablabla.
mxwrench66
6/17/2010 11:35am
mxgeoff wrote:

Geoff
yamazuki wrote:
We would be lowering the standards of the AMA if we did that. America wins the motocross de nations all the time, We don't need to...
That is the most ignorant statement i have ever heard! As far as the mx des nation goes of course the usa is fast......but keep in mind countries like holland and belgium are the size of the state of Maryland.
phudsport
mxgeoff wrote:

Geoff
+1
I don't see that happening anytime for at least the next couple years, after which the rednecks in charge of our series will have to give up for irreversible ineptitude.
bobby397
mxgeoff wrote:

Geoff
its already happening in the USA right now! each year one or two of the top riders come here to complete, MM1 is the next to come then roczen and herlings will be the next to follow as soon as the age rule changes.
yamazuki
6/17/2010 11:38am
mxgeoff wrote:

Geoff
yamazuki wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
Of course (here we go again). Everything is better in America, all the best riders ride there, blablabla.
Of course. Everything is better here LOL. Last year the French told us we had a weak team. Dungee had little experinece on the 450, and we still won.
Supercross is what makes our riders better, they have a skill set the Euros don't have.
mxgeoff
6/17/2010 11:40am
mxgeoff wrote:

Geoff
bobby397 wrote:
its already happening in the USA right now! each year one or two of the top riders come here to complete, MM1 is the next to...
its already happening in the USA right now! each year one or two of the top riders come here to complete, MM1 is the next to come then roczen and herlings will be the next to follow as soon as the age rule changes.
It is, like I notice maybe five former GP riders in the AMA series from the last 10 years. I don't think you have ALL the best riders, just a handful from the GP's from the last decade.

Sure they come one a year, but do you seriously think that the guys who go to America are the only World class riders from the GP's.

Gets a bit tiring the old we are better thing.
6/17/2010 11:40am
mxgeoff wrote:

Geoff
yamazuki wrote:
So if Cairoli would ride in a place like Glen helen against a proven AMA winner, for example Mike Alessi who knows that place better than anyone, and he would win that race, that doesn't make him a player?

You're just ignorant, i'm even surprised you know who Cairoli is.

@Geoff: that would be a killer series, too bad it would never happen.
txmxer
6/17/2010 11:41am
mxgeoff wrote:

Geoff
ATKpilot99 wrote:
That would be the ideal way but we all know its not going to happen. Maybe a 4 race fall series with 2 races in Europe...
mxgeoff wrote:
That might be possible. Maybe even give the four races series a special name like Golden Crown or something. It's the only way we can give...
That might be possible. Maybe even give the four races series a special name like Golden Crown or something. It's the only way we can give a guy the credit as the fastest in the World.

How cool would that be, one round in California, one in the mid-America, maybe one in Australia, and then one in Europe. I love the idea.

Geoff
I love the 4 race mini series idea.

I'd even settle for a 4 race crossover series where the rounds provide points in both the AMA and World MX series'.

yamazuki
6/17/2010 11:42am
mxgeoff wrote:

Geoff
yamazuki wrote:
mxwrench66 wrote:
That is the most ignorant statement i have ever heard! As far as the mx des nation goes of course the usa is fast......but keep in...
That is the most ignorant statement i have ever heard! As far as the mx des nation goes of course the usa is fast......but keep in mind countries like holland and belgium are the size of the state of Maryland.
I really don't care how big those countries are. You see. I went to England for one of the MXDNs, The year Ricky could not make it. When the Euros beat us in the first race, people would walk up to those holding American flags saying, Europeans 1, Americans naught. You see, they don't see themselves as seperate countries and they don't care about their own countries winning, It was US vs them. And we still won.
bobby397
6/17/2010 11:49am
mxgeoff wrote:
It is, like I notice maybe five former GP riders in the AMA series from the last 10 years. I don't think you have ALL the...
It is, like I notice maybe five former GP riders in the AMA series from the last 10 years. I don't think you have ALL the best riders, just a handful from the GP's from the last decade.

Sure they come one a year, but do you seriously think that the guys who go to America are the only World class riders from the GP's.

Gets a bit tiring the old we are better thing.

mx2, other than your top three, they wouldn’t be as competitive. mx1, your top 7 or 8 could do well here and make the class more interesting. I also would like to see maybe a series of three to five races, top 20 from each series (we keep cp377 and all the others who race the ama full time) race. Do three races in Europe, two here in the USA. But I can only wish....
yamazuki
6/17/2010 11:50am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:27pm
"So if Cairoli would ride in a place like Glen helen against a proven AMA winner, for example Mike Alessi who knows that place better than anyone, and he would win that race, that doesn't make him a player? You're just ignorant, i'm even surprised you know who Cairoli is. @Geoff: that would be a killer series, too bad it would never happen."

Caroli wouldn't win. Yes, I know who Caroli is. I watched him flounder like a fish out of water at Buds Creek when I went to that MXDN in 07.

And Yes, I will be going to the MXDN 10 in Denver.

Here are twp pictures I took from 06 MXDN below that MXDN 07 when Ryan smoked Caroli like a cheap cigar. But we do agree on one thing, there will never be such a series so we will just have to watch and see which Euros come to America to see if they are trully the fastest, because wining an FIM title does not mean much, MXDN proves that.

bobby397
6/17/2010 11:51am
brakkeman_ wrote:
So if Cairoli would ride in a place like Glen helen against a proven AMA winner, for example Mike Alessi who knows that place better than...
So if Cairoli would ride in a place like Glen helen against a proven AMA winner, for example Mike Alessi who knows that place better than anyone, and he would win that race, that doesn't make him a player?

You're just ignorant, i'm even surprised you know who Cairoli is.

@Geoff: that would be a killer series, too bad it would never happen.
if alessi knows that place better than anyone, how come he has never won at Glen Helen?
bobby397
6/17/2010 11:53am
yamazuki wrote:
"So if Cairoli would ride in a place like Glen helen against a proven AMA winner, for example Mike Alessi who knows that place better than...
"So if Cairoli would ride in a place like Glen helen against a proven AMA winner, for example Mike Alessi who knows that place better than anyone, and he would win that race, that doesn't make him a player? You're just ignorant, i'm even surprised you know who Cairoli is. @Geoff: that would be a killer series, too bad it would never happen."

Caroli wouldn't win. Yes, I know who Caroli is. I watched him flounder like a fish out of water at Buds Creek when I went to that MXDN in 07.

And Yes, I will be going to the MXDN 10 in Denver.

Here are twp pictures I took from 06 MXDN below that MXDN 07 when Ryan smoked Caroli like a cheap cigar. But we do agree on one thing, there will never be such a series so we will just have to watch and see which Euros come to America to see if they are trully the fastest, because wining an FIM title does not mean much, MXDN proves that.

wrong pics, you posted a pic of JS7
yamazuki
6/17/2010 12:06pm
I did not go to Europe to see JS crash in the second moto. The pic I posted was before then.
yamazuki
6/17/2010 12:21pm
I guess my point to this post is this. There is not going to be a series like the original poster wants. So we take what we have and what we have is Americans winning most MXDNs.

My observation is even with weak teams, we go over to Europe and race their tracks that Americans have never raced and beat them. When they come to the US and race tracks they have never raced, they get smoked. Pretty simple and easy to tell who is fastest.

If Rattray were to win the 250 AMA outdoors that would say something, he won in Europe and he beat the best here, but that it just our up and coming class. To really say something, you have to do what Reed did. He is one fast guy, but he never was able to beat Ricky or Bubba which is why you seen him crying like a little baby on the podium when he was racing against Bubba and Ricky.
mxgeoff
6/17/2010 12:31pm
yamazuki wrote:
I guess my point to this post is this. There is not going to be a series like the original poster wants. So we take what...
I guess my point to this post is this. There is not going to be a series like the original poster wants. So we take what we have and what we have is Americans winning most MXDNs.

My observation is even with weak teams, we go over to Europe and race their tracks that Americans have never raced and beat them. When they come to the US and race tracks they have never raced, they get smoked. Pretty simple and easy to tell who is fastest.

If Rattray were to win the 250 AMA outdoors that would say something, he won in Europe and he beat the best here, but that it just our up and coming class. To really say something, you have to do what Reed did. He is one fast guy, but he never was able to beat Ricky or Bubba which is why you seen him crying like a little baby on the podium when he was racing against Bubba and Ricky.
Slagging off a rider who has more money than probably 10 generations of your family earnt is pretty dumb. I think Mr Reed would be pretty happy with his bank account and his name being among riders like Johnson, Hannah, Stanton and so many other AMA legends.

Geoff
Racer111
6/17/2010 12:35pm
mxgeoff wrote:
That might be possible. Maybe even give the four races series a special name like Golden Crown or something. It's the only way we can give...

Geoff
Well seeing that there are suppose to be 2 USGP's next year, all we need now is the 2 over there and it's done! They could keep the 2 Series seperate as they are now, but add a World Title of some kind like they did with the Supercross Series. It's better than nothing!
ando
6/17/2010 12:44pm
I like the idea, and I don't think it's impossible. The money may be a barrier, although it's possible that a true international series could attract some bigger name sponsors.

What I think is likely a bigger barrier is the resistance of those who stand to lose the most. Right now that would be the AMA, MXSports and others who have a strong stake in the AMA Nationals. That series would cease to exist in it's current form (any World Championship would be run/sanctioned by the FIM), perhaps to become a national level feeder series to the 'Integrated" World Championship. Would those groups be prepared to make way?

And eventually the sport will get big enough to make this happen - every other major motorsport world championship is run that way, so it can be done.
bigborefan
6/17/2010 12:46pm
The AMA 250 outdoors will show you who is faster, Europe. All the top players are foreign. Argument over.
yamazuki
6/17/2010 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:27pm
yamazuki wrote:
I guess my point to this post is this. There is not going to be a series like the original poster wants. So we take what...

mxgeoff wrote:
Slagging off a rider who has more money than probably 10 generations of your family earnt is pretty dumb. I think Mr Reed would be pretty...
Slagging off a rider who has more money than probably 10 generations of your family earnt is pretty dumb. I think Mr Reed would be pretty happy with his bank account and his name being among riders like Johnson, Hannah, Stanton and so many other AMA legends.

Geoff
I wouldn't say that is "slagging off" Reed is correct. It was no secret and it was on TV him crying like a baby when you could not beat Ricky or Bubba. Even after crashing Bubba last year (several times), at the first race, Bubba still caught up to him in points then beat him. Reed tried the same thing again this year but it did not work out for either of them and both went away with broken bones.

Comparing my income to Reeds is a cheap shot. I bet he made more money than 10 generations of your family. But lets make a real comparison. Assuming you live in Europe and made double my salary, I would still be better off than you. I have been to Europe many times. The socialism and high taxes kill the middle class there and thier middle class is considered poor by our standards. When I was at the MXDN in England, Most of the riders my age were happy to get a used 2 stroke motocross for the price of a new 4 stroke here. But whether or not you make double my salary or reed makes 10 times, my tummy is full, as is my garage and I am very happy. Hopefully you do as well. I do agree with you on one thing, your profile "Nobody likes me
" cause I don't like you either LOL
Titan1
6/17/2010 12:55pm
Why not just use the MXdN, but outside of the country/country results, just look at how the AMA based riders do (regardless of nationality) compared to the GP based riders (regardless of nationality).

That's as close as we're going to get it....and it's not ideal, but it will give a fairly good idea.

With the number of foreign riders racing in America (that also end up representing their country at the MXdN....when healthy), it might work?
500guy
6/17/2010 12:58pm
it's settled then

Youthstream and the FIM get out of the way and let the USA get er done.

Post a reply to: AMA versus FIM - The only way to decide

The Latest