AMA’s CBD Competition Bulletin

PFitzG38
2/16/2019 12:51pm
early wrote:
Here is an interesting read: https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/12/14/the-farm-bill-hemp-and-cbd-explainer/ One big myth that exists about the Farm Bill is that cannabidiol (CBD)—a non-intoxicating compound found in cannabis—is legalized. It...
Here is an interesting read:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/12/14/the-farm-bill-hemp-and…

One big myth that exists about the Farm Bill is that cannabidiol (CBD)—a non-intoxicating compound found in cannabis—is legalized. It is true that section 12619 of the Farm Bill removes hemp-derived products from its Schedule I status under the Controlled Substances Act, but the legislation does not legalize CBD generally. As I have noted elsewhere on this blog CBD generally remains a Schedule I substance under federal law. The Farm Bill—and an unrelated, recent action by the Department of Justice—creates exceptions to this Schedule I status in certain situations. The Farm Bill ensures that any cannabinoid—a set of chemical compounds found in the cannabis plant—that is derived from hemp will be legal, if and only if that hemp is produced in a manner consistent with the Farm Bill, associated federal regulations, association state regulations, and by a licensed grower. All other cannabinoids, produced in any other setting, remain a Schedule I substance under federal law and are thus illegal. (The one exception is pharmaceutical-grade CBD products that have been approved by FDA, which currently includes one drug: GW Pharmaceutical’s Epidiolex.)

There is one additional gray area of research moving forward. Under current law, any cannabis-based research conducted in the United States must use research-grade cannabis from the nation’s sole provider of the product: the Marijuana Program at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy’s National Center for Natural Products Research. That setup exists because of cannabis’s Schedule I status.[1] However, if hemp-derived CBD is no longer listed on the federal schedules, it will raise questions among medical and scientific researchers studying CBD products and their effects, as to whether they are required to get their products from Mississippi. This will likely require additional guidance from FDA (the Food and Drug Administration who oversees drug trials), DEA (the Drug Enforcement Administration who mandates that research-grade cannabis be sourced from Mississippi), and NIDA (National Institute on Drug Abuse who administers the contract to cultivate research-grade cannabis) to help ensure researchers do not inadvertently operate out of compliance.

State-legal cannabis programs are still illegal under federal law

The Farm Bill has no effect on state-legal cannabis programs. Over the past 22 years, 33 states have legalized cannabis for medical purposes, and over the past six years, 10 states have legalized cannabis for adult use. Every one of those programs is illegal under federal law, with no exceptions, and the Farm Bill does nothing to change that. That said, many in the advocacy community hope that the reforms to hemp policy under the Farm Bill serve as a first step toward broader cannabis reform. (Although I would argue that a soon-to-be-sworn-in Democratic House majority alongside a president with a record of pro-cannabis reform rhetoric is the more likely foundation for broader cannabis reform.)

Even CBD products produced by state-legal, medical, or adult-use cannabis programs are illegal products under federal law, both within states and across state lines. This legal reality is an important distinction for consumer protection. There are numerous myths about the legality of CBD products and their availability. Under the 2018 Farm Bill, there will be more broadly available, legal, CBD products; however, this does not mean that all CBD products are legal moving forward. Knowing your producer and whether they are legal and legitimate will be an important part of consumer research in a post-2018 Farm Bill world.
OK so I finally read this brookings article. I recommend anyone that wants to comment on this thread read this article first. Regarding the signing of farm bill vs implementing. No one really seems to care - Possibly left up to the states, doesn't matter as I said this genie ain't getting put back in the bottle!

To clarify whenever I refer To CBD I'm referring to CBD Isolate being produced in a licensed FDA approved lab with biomass from a Dept of Ag regulated farmer.
PFitzG38
2/16/2019 12:55pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Just reading some social media replies and can't help but laugh at the few who actually support a ban. How fucking brainwashed do you have to...
Just reading some social media replies and can't help but laugh at the few who actually support a ban. How fucking brainwashed do you have to be to call CBD "dope" and that it should be illegal? 1930s government propaganda sure had some lasting effects...
As does all propaganda
Frank
2/16/2019 1:20pm
Reed's involvement is nothing more than school girl look at me shit. Guess real companies with real products no longer want to sponsor him.

The Shop

4csHATER
2/16/2019 1:25pm
plowboy wrote:
Doesn't really matter which political side you support. The ship has sailed. We all pull into port safe and sound or go down to Davy Jones...
Doesn't really matter which political side you support. The ship has sailed. We all pull into port safe and sound or go down to Davy Jones locker...TOGETHER.
Deftones-Tempest.
Dougy1
2/16/2019 2:19pm
Frank wrote:
Reed's involvement is nothing more than school girl look at me shit. Guess real companies with real products no longer want to sponsor him.
I will say i hope they pay him a lot of money because it could do more harm then good to keep pushing this.. especially if they refuse to show him on the broadcast and hurts his major sponsors..
early
Fantasy
2212th
2/16/2019 2:33pm
PFitzG38 wrote:
OK so I finally read this brookings article. I recommend anyone that wants to comment on this thread read this article first. Regarding the signing of...
OK so I finally read this brookings article. I recommend anyone that wants to comment on this thread read this article first. Regarding the signing of farm bill vs implementing. No one really seems to care - Possibly left up to the states, doesn't matter as I said this genie ain't getting put back in the bottle!

To clarify whenever I refer To CBD I'm referring to CBD Isolate being produced in a licensed FDA approved lab with biomass from a Dept of Ag regulated farmer.
Why be informed on the law when you can just call your local police department and get legal advise from the dispatcher Laughing
PFitzG38
2/16/2019 2:47pm
early wrote:
Why be informed on the law when you can just call your local police department and get legal advise from the dispatcher Laughing
LOL. Yeah I was giving him a mulligan as to how hilarious that sounded if he actually did that
GIwasB4
2/16/2019 3:09pm
It's their show. They can require you to hop on one leg and shout "Snarfblatt!" in order to qualify if they want.
^He gets it
It is a show, it's a performance of players, it's produced to be televised and enjoyed by the folks buying an admission ticket or turning on they're media of choice.
Mr. CrossUp
2/16/2019 3:24pm
I dont know what the big deal is about CBD. I've smoked a pound of it and I didn't even catch a buzz. The stuff is bunk!
bsharkey
2/16/2019 5:47pm
Reed will cave. Like they all cave. If they can’t organzie what makes you think theyre gonna just get slap happy with questionable sponsors ?
There's nothing to say they can't promote it anywhere besides the stadium
77Moto
2/16/2019 6:09pm
PFitzG38 wrote:
More wrong cbd is a schedule 6 drug and isolating any cbd cannabinoid is entirely possible, I do it everyday.

Nothing to chk and Roman numerals have nothing to do with what we’re talking about. Farm bill changed it from sched 1 to schedule 6
1 vs I 6 vs VI....whatever - Semantics, I'm talking FACTS. Something I said obviously has you twisted. Spit it out. Point out one wrong thing I've said.

Like was mentioned, Drug Schedules have always been roman numerals so they do in fact have something to do with it.
Please simply provide a reference to where CBD is listed under Schedule VI or 6.
77Moto
2/16/2019 6:10pm
I dont know what the big deal is about CBD. I've smoked a pound of it and I didn't even catch a buzz. The stuff is...
I dont know what the big deal is about CBD. I've smoked a pound of it and I didn't even catch a buzz. The stuff is bunk!
I read that while looking at your avatar.............made it even funnier.
PFitzG38
2/16/2019 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2019 6:53pm
77Moto wrote:
PFitzG38 wrote: More wrong cbd is a schedule 6 drug and isolating any cbd cannabinoid is entirely possible, I do it everyday. Nothing to chk and...
PFitzG38 wrote:
More wrong cbd is a schedule 6 drug and isolating any cbd cannabinoid is entirely possible, I do it everyday.

Nothing to chk and Roman numerals have nothing to do with what we’re talking about. Farm bill changed it from sched 1 to schedule 6
1 vs I 6 vs VI....whatever - Semantics, I'm talking FACTS. Something I said obviously has you twisted. Spit it out. Point out one wrong thing I've said.

Like was mentioned, Drug Schedules have always been roman numerals so they do in fact have something to do with it.
Please simply provide a reference to where CBD is listed under Schedule VI or 6.
Dude give it a rest. This is my business I ship kilos of CBD isolate to ALL 50 states every day through regular mail. We send it through as carry on - no problems. You can believe whatever your friends tell you or whatever you read on the Internet. I'm telling you how the real world works with - you know facts and stuff. It's already common knowledge CBD is now legal as long as you follow guidelines, As you should know that means Sched 6!

As I stated earlier before you comment in this thread uninformed you should read This article. But you obviously didn't because it clearly states the answer to the question you want me to find for you.

Again just spit out what I said that has you all twisted, quit pussyfooting around. If I said something you disagree with, just say so. or, if you think CBD is the devils drug thats ok just say so

shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
2/17/2019 12:12am
So what happened? Did Reed run this helmet in the night show? I forgot to keep an eye out for it.
77Moto
2/17/2019 7:14am
PFitzG38 wrote:
Dude give it a rest. This is my business I ship kilos of CBD isolate to ALL 50 states every day through regular mail. We send...
Dude give it a rest. This is my business I ship kilos of CBD isolate to ALL 50 states every day through regular mail. We send it through as carry on - no problems. You can believe whatever your friends tell you or whatever you read on the Internet. I'm telling you how the real world works with - you know facts and stuff. It's already common knowledge CBD is now legal as long as you follow guidelines, As you should know that means Sched 6!

As I stated earlier before you comment in this thread uninformed you should read This article. But you obviously didn't because it clearly states the answer to the question you want me to find for you.

Again just spit out what I said that has you all twisted, quit pussyfooting around. If I said something you disagree with, just say so. or, if you think CBD is the devils drug thats ok just say so

I simply asked for one reference showing CBD is listed as Schedule VI or 6 which you haven't.
You are adamant that CBD has been changed from Schedule 1 to 6, but yet you can't provide a single reference.

In fact, you haven't even provided a single reference to the classification on any of your states level either.

ktmwoods
2/17/2019 7:23am
shiftmx_22 wrote:
So what happened? Did Reed run this helmet in the night show? I forgot to keep an eye out for it.
Nope, blacked out visor
PFitzG38
2/17/2019 7:29am
PFitzG38 wrote:
Dude give it a rest. This is my business I ship kilos of CBD isolate to ALL 50 states every day through regular mail. We send...

77Moto wrote:
I simply asked for one reference showing CBD is listed as Schedule VI or 6 which you haven't. You are adamant that CBD has been changed...
I simply asked for one reference showing CBD is listed as Schedule VI or 6 which you haven't.
You are adamant that CBD has been changed from Schedule 1 to 6, but yet you can't provide a single reference.

In fact, you haven't even provided a single reference to the classification on any of your states level either.

I sent you a link with the info. You have to take the time to read thru the article and find it. You know reading comprehension - here’s another link talking about it along with my company raising millions and millions of dollar in th last 2 weeks. Like I said we are coming. BTW. I’m done with you troll. You make zero sense and don’t read well so.....buh bye
https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/western-slope-companies-launch-thei…
barnett468
2/17/2019 7:52am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 7:55am
There is no minimum age limit to be able to legally drink "Near Beer" yet it still contains alcohol and less than some cough medicines have, so if the gov wanted, they could in fact make some cannabis products legal but as with many things with them, it likely comes down to money, and if they can't get some money out of making cbd legal, they may simply not want to.

Also, if someone has their cbd logo covered up as the AMA requires, and they have a "wardrobe malfunction" during the race and the duct tape falls off of it, will they have to pull into the pits to get it covered up again before they go back on the track?
77Moto
2/17/2019 8:48am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 8:53am
PFitzG38 wrote:

77Moto wrote:
I simply asked for one reference showing CBD is listed as Schedule VI or 6 which you haven't. You are adamant that CBD has been changed...

PFitzG38 wrote:
I sent you a link with the info. You have to take the time to read thru the article and find it. You know reading comprehension...
I sent you a link with the info. You have to take the time to read thru the article and find it. You know reading comprehension - here’s another link talking about it along with my company raising millions and millions of dollar in th last 2 weeks. Like I said we are coming. BTW. I’m done with you troll. You make zero sense and don’t read well so.....buh bye
https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/western-slope-companies-launch-thei…
That's a paid for article.

Like I said, please provide a legit reference that shows CBD as a Schedule 6 Anywhere in the USA.

Even on certain state levels of yours, they don't even have it listed as such. So either your paid for article is wrong, or you gave them wrong info, and that's what they printed.

Since you said "this is my business" I simply ask for truthful info.

77Moto
2/17/2019 11:57am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 12:00pm
PFitzG38 wrote:

Lol your arguing something that is common knowledge. If you can’t find it in the 2 articles I sent. Don’t know what to say about your lack of reading comprehension.

Forget the article in the Steamboat Paper that was written by a reporter or whoever covering the event where we raised a shit ton of money or whoever, - Did you even read the other link? PAY ATTENTION. Is The Brookings Institute, a nonprofit public policy organization not a legit enough reference for you? LOL I'll provide the link once more a little easier to see (BTW the only reason I keep trying to educate you is for office entertainment)

You are right I have no idea where to look to point you to the actual ruling - Because I haven't tried to look!! It's settled law and common knowledge, probably too new to even find anything - but I DO know my company had people in WA waiting to physically see Trump sign the bill.

Oh fuck it. Your right cbd is illegal and I’m a criminal and you are excellent at the Internet and you obviously have excellent search and reading comprehension skills, and know lots of words- happy now?

BTW. How have you not been eaten by a squirrel?

Bro,
Reading comprehension??? You didn't even read the article you posted.

That article references nothing to a Schedule 6 or Schedule VI. Neither does any of your state level schedules for No Active Drug CBD products. Find one State Level Classification for ANY CBD listed as schedule 6.

In fact that article you referenced says nothing about a "Schedule 6" but does state the below

State-legal cannabis programs are still illegal under federal law
It is true that section 12619 of the Farm Bill removes hemp-derived products from its Schedule I status under the Controlled Substances Act, but the legislation does not legalize CBD generally.
As I have noted elsewhere on this blog CBD generally remains a Schedule I substance under federal law.

The Farm Bill has no effect on state-legal cannabis programs. Over the past 22 years, 33 states have legalized cannabis for medical purposes, and over the past six years, 10 states have legalized cannabis for adult use. Every one of those programs is illegal under federal law, with no exceptions, and the Farm Bill does nothing to change that. That said, many in the advocacy community hope that the reforms to hemp policy under the Farm Bill serve as a first step toward broader cannabis reform. (Although I would argue that a soon-to-be-sworn-in Democratic House majority alongside a president with a record of pro-cannabis reform rhetoric is the more likely foundation for broader cannabis reform.)

Even CBD products produced by state-legal, medical, or adult-use cannabis programs are illegal products under federal law, both within states and across state lines. This legal reality is an important distinction for consumer protection. There are numerous myths about the legality of CBD products and their availability. Under the 2018 Farm Bill, there will be more broadly available, legal, CBD products; however, this does not mean that all CBD products are legal moving forward. Knowing your producer and whether they are legal and legitimate will be an important part of consumer research in a post-2018 Farm Bill world.

To add to this...........some of your states show No active drug as other schedules, but none reference a schedule 6.

I don't need to throw out insults like you do, so if I am wrong, please provide a legitimate verifiable source.

After all, if "this is my business" and I am a consumer, why can't you provide verifiable information?
77Moto
2/17/2019 12:17pm
Furthermore,
At your various 50 states levels, their are other classifications but none are a "Schedule 6"

I have to ask, please provide a single legitimate verifiable source of a Schedule 6. As a consumer, why can't you back up your statements?

Motoxdoc
2/17/2019 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 2:38pm
Kind of ironic that a sport associated with such high stresses and frequent injuries would ban CBD advertisements. It makes them look political AND stupid! It's too late, the cat is out of the bag, the horses are out of the barn and you can't put the toothpaste back into the tube! Too many people have realized the multitude of benefits of CBD with no side effects. I'd love to give all the AMA officials free samples of CBD for a month....then take it away from them and see what they think!

Another thing to ponder: Censorship has the EXACT OPPISITE effects of it's intentions.
bsharkey
2/17/2019 2:46pm
Frank wrote:
I never seen/used the stuff but quick google search shows CBD oil is illegal in Wisconsin and any amount of pot is a felony on the...
I never seen/used the stuff but quick google search shows CBD oil is illegal in Wisconsin and any amount of pot is a felony on the 2nd offense. Yes even a single joint is a felony. Of course they have to ban the advertising. Don't blame the AMA or Feld. Blame the fucken government of this shit hole country.
PFitzG38 wrote:
Wrong!! More outdated info being spouted on Vital
Your an idiot. Based on your claim I just called the local police department. I was told that CBD is 100% illegal to sell, purchase, possess...
Your an idiot. Based on your claim I just called the local police department. I was told that CBD is 100% illegal to sell, purchase, possess or consume along with all cannabis derivatives in the state of Wisconsin. It is still a Schedule 1 controlled substance.

Christ dude know what your talking about before you attempt to inform people.
If that's really the case you shouldn't be able to sell it on the Internet then come on people we know everyone can find out everything
Motoxdoc
2/17/2019 3:02pm
You seem to put a lot of emphasis on being right about something that seems so pointless. Who gives a fuck about the legality and scheduling that a few backwards conservative states put on CBD?! It's a proven safe product with immense benefits and no side effects or overdoses on record to date! If the city of Flint Michigan outlawed purified drinking water, would you go around arguing with the citizens that purified drinking water is illegal?
Motoxdoc
2/17/2019 3:21pm
I dont know what the big deal is about CBD. I've smoked a pound of it and I didn't even catch a buzz. The stuff is...
LMAOHuh Dude....COMPLETELY different chemicals! Your mistake was confusing CBD with THC. CBD IS NOT "bunk!". To say CBD "is bunk" because it didn't get you high after smoking a pound, is like saying penicillin is bunk because it didn't get you high after smoking a pound. BTW, after smoking 1 joint, you didn't realize something was wrong?....so you smoked another 15+ onces before you realized it didn't get you high?Huh Holy smoking Banshee!
Motoxdoc
2/17/2019 3:39pm
Frank wrote:
I never seen/used the stuff but quick google search shows CBD oil is illegal in Wisconsin and any amount of pot is a felony on the...
I never seen/used the stuff but quick google search shows CBD oil is illegal in Wisconsin and any amount of pot is a felony on the 2nd offense. Yes even a single joint is a felony. Of course they have to ban the advertising. Don't blame the AMA or Feld. Blame the fucken government of this shit hole country.
PFitzG38 wrote:
Wrong!! More outdated info being spouted on Vital
Your an idiot. Based on your claim I just called the local police department. I was told that CBD is 100% illegal to sell, purchase, possess...
Your an idiot. Based on your claim I just called the local police department. I was told that CBD is 100% illegal to sell, purchase, possess or consume along with all cannabis derivatives in the state of Wisconsin. It is still a Schedule 1 controlled substance.

Christ dude know what your talking about before you attempt to inform people.
What's going on? You have something against CBD? You really called your local PD? Why? Based on someones claim? What did they say about 1 joint being a felony?...because that's a law that certainly seems "outdated."...and if it is, your first and last sentences were certainly not warranted. It's almost like you want CBD to be illegal. BTW, I sell CBD to people in WI...soooo.....

CASH476
2/17/2019 4:09pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
You seem to put a lot of emphasis on being right about something that seems so pointless. Who gives a fuck about the legality and scheduling...
You seem to put a lot of emphasis on being right about something that seems so pointless. Who gives a fuck about the legality and scheduling that a few backwards conservative states put on CBD?! It's a proven safe product with immense benefits and no side effects or overdoses on record to date! If the city of Flint Michigan outlawed purified drinking water, would you go around arguing with the citizens that purified drinking water is illegal?
So, as long as I think I am right I should be able to sprout my version of the truth on Vital without anyone calling me out on it or asking for proof? That seems to be the case here.
PFitzG38
2/17/2019 4:51pm
77Moto wrote:
Furthermore, At your various 50 states levels, their are other classifications but none are a "Schedule 6" I have to ask, please provide a single legitimate...
Furthermore,
At your various 50 states levels, their are other classifications but none are a "Schedule 6"

I have to ask, please provide a single legitimate verifiable source of a Schedule 6. As a consumer, why can't you back up your statements?

Your right CBD IS Illegal as all hell, but don't hate because of all the money we are making and ready to throw at the sport Be Happy!! - but now at least you've read an article that explains it all to you and you may not be so prone to stick your foot in your mouth. LOL!!

OK, I'll hold your hand and point out the section you want to see (I think)

"CBD generally remains a Schedule I substance under federal law. The Farm Bill—and an unrelated, recent action by the Department of Justice—creates exceptions to this Schedule I status in certain situations. The Farm Bill ensures that any cannabinoid—a set of chemical compounds found in the cannabis plant—that is derived from hemp will be legal, if and only if that hemp is produced in a manner consistent with the Farm Bill, associated federal regulations, association state regulations, and by a licensed grower."

Remember, the key to its legality is that it has to be made by federal guidelines just like moonshine (you should be able to understand that right?)

It sounds like you need an attorney or someone familiar with legal websites because again, I have NO CLUE where to point you, I think it' something you're going to have to figure out for yourself. I'm confident you can find it if you look hard enough. It's like trying to prove that butter is legal can you prove that? I can't, but it's OK you know why? Because I KNOW it's legal - just like CBD I personally put A LOT of effort into making it so. If you are afraid of the legality of CBD I would advise against using it - No benefits for YOU and no free samples! Actually, you are the exact type of person I would like to give free samples to, if you weren't so afraid.

Do I need to show you Certificates of Analysis and the current crop reports of said COAs to convince you, because I can - or would that not be enough either and you just want to hear yourself argue?

BTW can you prove to me that milk is legal? Come on I want to see the link can ya do it? Well, can ya?

Also, I'm not a consumer trying to back up comments, I'm a manufacturer trying to educate the masses. I don't need to prove legality anymore. I already slayed that dragon - don't need to waste any more energy on that, it doesn't matter who believes what. I literally can't make it fast enough but you've been fun. Sounds like you don't like CBD. LOL

Post a reply to: AMA’s CBD Competition Bulletin

The Latest