AMA running a scam?

carlosmacho
12/29/2011 6:45pm
wardy wrote:
oh lets not even go to the seat belt bullsht. who do we see in government when ya get smoked at an intesection in the drivers...
oh lets not even go to the seat belt bullsht. who do we see in government when ya get smoked at an intesection in the drivers door and that friggin seat beat is holding you tight against the door.???

I totally aggree carlos with your statement there and well the only reason we are forced to wear a seatbelt.............so insurance companies bottom line is more secure. that simple.

Many have bitched for years about "ama and the helmet laws". Around here Abate are the ones that push that more then AMA...... but this in it's self is a good point. How many states force you to wear your seat belt like here in the Soviet state of Illinois??? but if i owned a road bike i could blow down the interestate 65mph with a pair of sun glasses. WHY? because of organizations like Abate and AMA.

Same goes for Blue ribbon Coalition group they do a great job at what they do. AMA trys to work with and help in all those aspects. Many times things aren't what i particulary like but I do buy into the idea that united we stand and divided we fall.

Yes i was that mx rider in 1975 that had to buy an AMA card and district card, i have enjoyed racing since then and now my family does also. Our business was developed and has done well with the foundation and process provided by AMA and the District. I choose to work and help in that process and think it's a positive thing. You bet we can find many things that are wrong with the proceess I choose to help fix that.

In fact i spent the better part of the day today discussing things with other congress delegates working on things to improve the processses and discuss some new ideas.

with that i need to yield we have a riding park, and a race track. At our riding park we introduce riders every chance we can to AMA and it's product. People look for a structure, and this national structure has been used by ama and others for a long time and is proven to work pretty well. Evident by the discussion being had on a postboard in the middle of the winter.

Smile
It is a principal about seatbelts and helmets.

Federal gov cannot tax us income tax. It is unconsitutional. But the gov rose up against the people and violated the constitution. Our founding fathers gave us the right to bear arms as Thomas Jefferson said, to protect ourselves and oust a gov that takes away our constitutional rights like federal taxation. So gov is trying to remove the guns from our hands so there is nothing we can do.

Seatbelt laws and helmet laws should be governed by the state and by votes by the people, not by the feds because they have no power to do it. But because they violated the constitution and we allowed it, they now have power over the state and local gov to withold federal moneys for highways, in essense, have power over the states to tell them what to do which it should not have. We continue to lose more of our rights and people are ok with that, because they are ignorant, apathetic and they can get their Droid Razor for 1cent at amazon.com.

I agree AMA has done some good things in the past, what they have done lately... not so much, thus I refuse to feed the machine if I don't have to.. and I don't have to thanks to local tracks and orgs that shun the AMA.

As for the increase in the AMA dues, I don't care how much the AMA charges or who is a life member, I don't pay them a penny so why would I complain?
mx836
12/30/2011 4:53am
mx836 wrote:
All this crying over $39 a year is pretty sad.
newmann wrote:
I'm not crying over $39.00 and don't really think many others here are either. Point is I've already paid my $39.00 and they are asking for...
I'm not crying over $39.00 and don't really think many others here are either. Point is I've already paid my $39.00 and they are asking for another $39.00
I understand your point newman and my post wasn't directed at you. It was for the people complaining about having to buy an AMA card. $39 seems like nothing in comparison to the other money we spend on the sport we love.
RaceFace
12/30/2011 5:35am Edited Date/Time 12/30/2011 5:40am
From a freedom standpoint, no you should not have to wear a seatbelt either. You are an adult, you can make those decisions for yourself. You...
From a freedom standpoint, no you should not have to wear a seatbelt either. You are an adult, you can make those decisions for yourself. You endanger no one but yourself and it is not the fed gov responsibility to protect you from yourself.
JustMX wrote:
Bingo
AND my insurance rates (and everyone else's) help pay for the insurance payouts for those who were "thrown clear". Seat belt laws exist because once again, the average Joe is too retarded to put one under his own decision-making processes. I see a common theme when decisions need to be made from the "adults" out there. It is unfortunate that laws have to exist to protect people from themselves, but someone has to do it, since a decent amount of them out there aren't interested in doing so......and rely on the rest of us to foot the bill for their bad choices.
RaceFace
12/30/2011 5:39am
mx836 wrote:
All this crying over $39 a year is pretty sad.
newmann wrote:
I'm not crying over $39.00 and don't really think many others here are either. Point is I've already paid my $39.00 and they are asking for...
I'm not crying over $39.00 and don't really think many others here are either. Point is I've already paid my $39.00 and they are asking for another $39.00
mx836 wrote:
I understand your point newman and my post wasn't directed at you. It was for the people complaining about having to buy an AMA card. $39...
I understand your point newman and my post wasn't directed at you. It was for the people complaining about having to buy an AMA card. $39 seems like nothing in comparison to the other money we spend on the sport we love.
I agree....I have zero problem with an AMA life member. For those who don't support the AMA, is there another organization you do support? The Blue Ribbon Coalition, for example? Anything? Or do you all just hope someone else picks up the slack and keeps riding areas and tracks open? It's kinda like how you'll see the same 20 people out of a 3,000 member organization at trail work parties or group cleanups, trying to keep the areas open for the rest. The other 2,880 members are busy leaving all their garbage strewn all over the place after they finish riding, for those 20 to come pick up at the next cleanup/work day.

The Shop

JustMX
12/30/2011 6:28am Edited Date/Time 12/30/2011 6:50am
RaceFace wrote:
AND my insurance rates (and everyone else's) help pay for the insurance payouts for those who were "thrown clear". Seat belt laws exist because once again...
AND my insurance rates (and everyone else's) help pay for the insurance payouts for those who were "thrown clear". Seat belt laws exist because once again, the average Joe is too retarded to put one under his own decision-making processes. I see a common theme when decisions need to be made from the "adults" out there. It is unfortunate that laws have to exist to protect people from themselves, but someone has to do it, since a decent amount of them out there aren't interested in doing so......and rely on the rest of us to foot the bill for their bad choices.
That is some pretty weak shit right there.

Keep drinking the koolaid there buddy, and tell me why the same arguement will not be used against Motocross or motorcycling in general.

What about skydiving, or Bungee jumping, or free climbing, or camping in bear country, or deep sea fishing, or riding a bicycle, or going to a football game in a bad neighborhood? all of these are risky activities with inherent risks that we all must be "protected" from.

I can get in my car and go to the local convenience store and buy cigarettes which if used as intended will kill me as well as harm anybody else that happens to share my air, and then I can go to a package store and buy as much hard liquor as I can afford to go and drink, pickling my liver and killing brain cells while changing my personality and making me feel bulletproof enough to engage in destructive behavior. Both of these activities place a huge burden on our health care and entitlement system, which all of us pay for, but I am only breaking the law on this little trip if I fail to put my seat belt on, protecting you from an insurance premium increase?

Save your freaking "decisions need to be made for the "adults" out there" arguement for the liberal pep rallies, you pompous ass.
carlosmacho
12/30/2011 5:05pm
RaceFace wrote:
AND my insurance rates (and everyone else's) help pay for the insurance payouts for those who were "thrown clear". Seat belt laws exist because once again...
JustMX wrote:
That is some pretty weak shit right there. Keep drinking the koolaid there buddy, and tell me why the same arguement will not be used against...
That is some pretty weak shit right there.

Keep drinking the koolaid there buddy, and tell me why the same arguement will not be used against Motocross or motorcycling in general.

What about skydiving, or Bungee jumping, or free climbing, or camping in bear country, or deep sea fishing, or riding a bicycle, or going to a football game in a bad neighborhood? all of these are risky activities with inherent risks that we all must be "protected" from.

I can get in my car and go to the local convenience store and buy cigarettes which if used as intended will kill me as well as harm anybody else that happens to share my air, and then I can go to a package store and buy as much hard liquor as I can afford to go and drink, pickling my liver and killing brain cells while changing my personality and making me feel bulletproof enough to engage in destructive behavior. Both of these activities place a huge burden on our health care and entitlement system, which all of us pay for, but I am only breaking the law on this little trip if I fail to put my seat belt on, protecting you from an insurance premium increase?

Save your freaking "decisions need to be made for the "adults" out there" arguement for the liberal pep rallies, you pompous ass.
Hard to understand the liberal mentality, wait, not really, they just want to control your money, your children, your wife and your life. If they can't do it through laws, they take your money away so you no longer have freedom.

Safety is their latest weapon to take your rights away from you.

As for the helmet laws and insurance, people that don't wear helmets and crash often die and place no burden on healthcare and insurance, those who wear the helmets often live, spending many days in the hospitals with many operations, drugs etc raising the cost of insurance. Seems like RaceFace has it a little backwards.
bigborefan
12/30/2011 10:08pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2011 10:10pm
You go macho Karl, you tell em, Those damn liberals, stomping our liberties. Commies.

Bush tried to save us with the Patriot Act, but those damn libs.

And now we have the NDAA, they can lock us up and throw away the keys, damn libs.

And those libs, telling you who you can and can't marry, If you can or can't be gay, f&*king libs, trying ot control the bedroom.

The libs are in charge aren't they? They do control Congress?

Now back to AMA bashing.

Post a reply to: AMA running a scam?

The Latest