AMA is good for ?????

Related:
Create New Tag

6/10/2007 8:11 PM

How does this organization stay afloat? Their results take forever and a day to post. You would think they are carving numbers into a flat rock with a chisel, or using homing pigeons to transfer the info to the public. They had the time to do a press release in which they noted that in the lites class, Townley closed the gap on points leader Villopoto to 8 points. I'm sure the people responsible for scoring can add, but with both riders earning 47 points, Townley didn't close on anything. The gap is the same as it was 2 weeks ago. Here's an idea, work out the bugs for live wire and try putting up results on the website shortly after the conclusion of the moto. For christ sake, they had practice screwed all to hell with riders not knowing if they had even advanced on saturday or not or who the alternates were. Keep up the good work AMA.

|

6/11/2007 7:10 AM

AMA is a rule maker, and they do little else. I have been racing fo 42 years, and have never really, seen any good, from being an AMA member.

|

6/11/2007 8:46 AM

Mike Bierman wrote:

AMA is a rule maker, and they do little else. I have been racing fo 42 years, and have never really, seen any good, from being an AMA member.

Sounds like you are confusing two seperate entities, the A.M.A. and AMAProRacing. It's not astounding to the bureaucracy involved.

The A.M.A. does outstanding work in lobbying against anti-motorcycle legislation, such as the right of street bike riders to not be festooned with helmets.

AMAProRacing as a sactioning body has no teeth. Just look as far back as the AMA/CCE debacle that almost crippled SX from a few years ago, or any of Kaptain Krispy Kreme's (Steve Whitelock) decisions, decision reversals, and general lack of internal fortitude.

One would think that AMAProRacing would be the voice of the riders, but they are only the voice of the dollar lining their own pockets.

|

I remain unperturbed by the joy and the madness, I encounter everywhere I turn.

6/11/2007 5:07 PM

Mike Bierman wrote:

Mutt wrote:

Sounds like you are confusing two seperate entities, the A.M.A. and AMAProRacing. It's not astounding to the bureaucracy involved.

The A.M.A. does outstanding work in lobbying against anti-motorcycle legislation, such as the right of street bike riders to not be festooned with helmets.

AMAProRacing as a sactioning body has no teeth. Just look as far back as the AMA/CCE debacle that almost crippled SX from a few years ago, or any of Kaptain Krispy Kreme's (Steve Whitelock) decisions, decision reversals, and general lack of internal fortitude.

One would think that AMAProRacing would be the voice of the riders, but they are only the voice of the dollar lining their own pockets.

confused, you are correct. amamotocross.com, amaproracing etc, etc. This is one well oiled machine. To reply to mike, the AMA makes rules, are you sure of that. It seems as if they play it by ear when it comes to rules. Fuel, fights, past champions excemptions and timed practice are some of the latest that don't fall into rules. Making rules would indicate that the rules are documented somewhere for everyone to follow. Definately agree, all they do is pocket money. What is stopping an outside agency from taking over and implementing a new system that works for fans, riders, teams and promoters. Probably asking too much. I wonder if results are up today?

|