AMA hits Barcia where it hurts

tomlopez
5/8/2022 11:36am
TbonesPop wrote:
The ultimate irony in all of this is, if Justin wouldn't have ridden like a dumbass this season (taking out various riders who all eventually got...
The ultimate irony in all of this is, if Justin wouldn't have ridden like a dumbass this season (taking out various riders who all eventually got him back by putting him on the ground plus Barcia being put on probation and losing points for dirty riding while on probation), he would have easily finished 3rd in the points race, his best season ever. But Anderson taking him out, Mookie taking him out, Bogle taking him out, et al plus multiple races where he was docked position points resulted in him dropping from 3rd to 5th on the season. He's LOSING money by riding like a dumbass, but at the same time he says he's racing like a dickshit for the money.

At what point does Barcia come to the realization that kind of riding is PREVENTING him from making more money?

Excluding dumbass moments like the topic at hand, he's a very consistent top 3-5 rider.
Agree with everything you said except the last sentence. He is a consistent 5-7 guy, he's only a 3-5 guy at the end of the season when 3 other faster riders aren't racing.
5/8/2022 11:43am
TbonesPop wrote:
The ultimate irony in all of this is, if Justin wouldn't have ridden like a dumbass this season (taking out various riders who all eventually got...
The ultimate irony in all of this is, if Justin wouldn't have ridden like a dumbass this season (taking out various riders who all eventually got him back by putting him on the ground plus Barcia being put on probation and losing points for dirty riding while on probation), he would have easily finished 3rd in the points race, his best season ever. But Anderson taking him out, Mookie taking him out, Bogle taking him out, et al plus multiple races where he was docked position points resulted in him dropping from 3rd to 5th on the season. He's LOSING money by riding like a dumbass, but at the same time he says he's racing like a dickshit for the money.

At what point does Barcia come to the realization that kind of riding is PREVENTING him from making more money?

Excluding dumbass moments like the topic at hand, he's a very consistent top 3-5 rider.
tomlopez wrote:
Agree with everything you said except the last sentence. He is a consistent 5-7 guy, he's only a 3-5 guy at the end of the season...
Agree with everything you said except the last sentence. He is a consistent 5-7 guy, he's only a 3-5 guy at the end of the season when 3 other faster riders aren't racing.
If faster guys drop out, they aren’t faster.
5/8/2022 11:55am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2022 11:56am
Barcia and Stewart gave everyone an exciting race in a series that has become boring. I don’t known how the AMA is going to make their...
Barcia and Stewart gave everyone an exciting race in a series that has become boring.

I don’t known how the AMA is going to make their 2023 promos exciting if all they show is Sexton crashes, clean passes, and fireworks from Tomac/ Anderson wins. They are going to claim supercross is so extreme but the only thing extreme about it is Barcia. The second half of the season has been anything but exciting, except for this race, thanks Barcia.

I’ll bet the guy they punished, Barcia, gets featured in that promo.

I won’t pay to watch. I also may not care about the AMA or supercross at all now.

Thanks Barcia (and Stewart) for making a series that’s become boooooring, entertaining.
tomlopez wrote:
If you don't find entertainment in clean battles between the sport's best riders (Tomac v Anderson for example), then you're not a real fan of the...
If you don't find entertainment in clean battles between the sport's best riders (Tomac v Anderson for example), then you're not a real fan of the sport. Needing dirty riding to give you enjoyment is WWE type stuff.
You realize that motorcycles are inherently dangerous, don’t you?

Have you watched golf or bowling? You may like that clean competition better.

I do like how Stewart ejects off the bike.

These racers, the factory sponsored racers, are over compensated for what amounts to just riding a dirt bike really good. I think it’s great that they can make a lot of money doing it but I don’t care about a single one of them or their success.

They don’t care about you or me, by the way either.

The Shop

5/8/2022 12:23pm
I feel as if The Hells Angels should sponsor Barcia next year.

He could start with a Christmas toy drive and then roll into A1.

I bet, everyone would shut up about Barcia.
crc245
5/8/2022 12:32pm
Why didn't they just flat out DQ him from the race?
This! Was really hoping to see the black flag come out. 4th to 6th in final standings, bumping CS23 into 5th, would have made for one final round...As well as a more impactful statement from the AMA on dirty/retaliation riding and on JB51's pocketbook.

Anyone have real-world numbers on the series Top5 payout? Curious how much this actually cost JB51 and benefitted MM25...
5/8/2022 12:43pm
crc245 wrote:
This! Was really hoping to see the black flag come out. 4th to 6th in final standings, bumping CS23 into 5th, would have made for one...
This! Was really hoping to see the black flag come out. 4th to 6th in final standings, bumping CS23 into 5th, would have made for one final round...As well as a more impactful statement from the AMA on dirty/retaliation riding and on JB51's pocketbook.

Anyone have real-world numbers on the series Top5 payout? Curious how much this actually cost JB51 and benefitted MM25...
Barcia wasn’t retaliating, he was racing.

Only Stewart and Roczen retaliate.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
5/8/2022 12:56pm
crc245 wrote:
This! Was really hoping to see the black flag come out. 4th to 6th in final standings, bumping CS23 into 5th, would have made for one...

Ok, you're just digging yourself a bigger hole to make you look even more like you don't know what you are talking about.
5/8/2022 1:00pm
crc245 wrote:

TbonesPop wrote:
Ok, you're just digging yourself a bigger hole to make you look even more like you don't know what you are talking about.
Prove it.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/8/2022 1:13pm
Hi Justin!! 👋🏻

Stop feeding the troll guys. All he has is arguing with people on the internet he doesn’t even know.
5/8/2022 1:16pm
soggy wrote:
Hi Justin!! 👋🏻

Stop feeding the troll guys. All he has is arguing with people on the internet he doesn’t even know.
So you’ve been watching and waiting and this is your best comment?
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
5/8/2022 1:32pm
TbonesPop wrote:

tomlopez wrote:
Agree with everything you said except the last sentence. He is a consistent 5-7 guy, he's only a 3-5 guy at the end of the season...
Did you take a stupid pill?
5/8/2022 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2022 1:43pm
tomlopez wrote:
jjavaman wrote:
Did you take a stupid pill?
In Canada there are limits on freedom. Enjoy your authoritarian government and U.S. supercross.
skankhunt69
5/8/2022 1:53pm
Has anyone actually gotten seriously hurt from a Barcia takeout? Or does homie have that shit down to a science lol
5/8/2022 2:00pm
Has anyone actually gotten seriously hurt from a Barcia takeout? Or does homie have that shit down to a science lol
Bogel and Stewart both ejected off their bikes.

Carmichael said Stewart and Barcia were both luck they didn’t get hurt.

Barcia must have the gentle touch.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
5/8/2022 2:00pm
Barcia broke Bowers' leg (femur) with his typical take put move. So yes.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
5/8/2022 2:01pm

TbonesPop wrote:
Prove it.
I remember my first beer.
Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
5/8/2022 2:05pm
Stewart’s pass on Barcia was aggressive and forced. He committed and went for it at the entry with no concern for what would happen at the...
Stewart’s pass on Barcia was aggressive and forced. He committed and went for it at the entry with no concern for what would happen at the exit but probably hoping to have enough to block Barcia.

Barcia saw or sensed it and checked up/ hesitated avoiding the collision. Had Barcia not done that Stewart would have aggressively cleaned Barcia out. I’m ok if that had happened.

Why isn’t Stewart smart enough to do the same thing?

Why did Barcia get penilized for Stewart’s poor racing?

The fact that Stewart raced back was pretty awesome.
Forced pass on Barcia? Are you faded? Mookie shredded that turn and blew past Barcia.
tvo314
5/8/2022 2:06pm
ItsSunday afternoon.

If that’s your argument you don’t have an argument.
I feel like you’re bored and just want to argue.
The only thing we know is Barcia backed off preventing a collision. That’s pretty heads up and smart riding. How do we know that? Because video...
The only thing we know is Barcia backed off preventing a collision. That’s pretty heads up and smart riding.

How do we know that? Because video shows that. Stewart cornered in the rut immediately below Barcia, not with a rut between. Stewart then exited the corner, occupying nearly the same space Barcia’s left bar grip would have been had he not hesitated. This happened without incident.

Arguing that it was textbook or fair only stands if you ignore that Barcia allowed it, a high speed maneuver in which Stewart could have taken Barcia out, to take place without incident.

This is awesome riding and racing by both racers.

Why would Barcia do that?

Why didn’t Stewart do the same thing?

This is poor riding by Stewart.
I honestly can’t tell if you are serious or not.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
5/8/2022 2:07pm
Im not team Mookie or Barcia on this one just like I am w/ all the other racers when stuff like this happens. I’m just a fan of good, nail biting racing, so I didn’t mind the “drama” that was added to to the 450 final. The crowd was going crazy & I think we were all waiting from Mookie to catch Barcia to see what was going to happen next. Was he going to catch him? Was he going to torpedo him? It was a crazy main & I enjoyed every second of it!

(I will add that I didn’t agree w/ that pass, but it happened & it is what it is 😅)
ctbale
5/8/2022 3:38pm
Barcia and Stewart gave everyone an exciting race in a series that has become boring. I don’t known how the AMA is going to make their...
Barcia and Stewart gave everyone an exciting race in a series that has become boring.

I don’t known how the AMA is going to make their 2023 promos exciting if all they show is Sexton crashes, clean passes, and fireworks from Tomac/ Anderson wins. They are going to claim supercross is so extreme but the only thing extreme about it is Barcia. The second half of the season has been anything but exciting, except for this race, thanks Barcia.

I’ll bet the guy they punished, Barcia, gets featured in that promo.

I won’t pay to watch. I also may not care about the AMA or supercross at all now.

Thanks Barcia (and Stewart) for making a series that’s become boooooring, entertaining.
Richy wrote:
I get what you're saying, I'm all for seeing a good block pass or aggressively taking the line away, but can you honestly not see a...
I get what you're saying, I'm all for seeing a good block pass or aggressively taking the line away, but can you honestly not see a difference between banging bars and full-bore t-boning somebody?
Stewart’s pass on Barcia was aggressive and forced. He committed and went for it at the entry with no concern for what would happen at the...
Stewart’s pass on Barcia was aggressive and forced. He committed and went for it at the entry with no concern for what would happen at the exit but probably hoping to have enough to block Barcia.

Barcia saw or sensed it and checked up/ hesitated avoiding the collision. Had Barcia not done that Stewart would have aggressively cleaned Barcia out. I’m ok if that had happened.

Why isn’t Stewart smart enough to do the same thing?

Why did Barcia get penilized for Stewart’s poor racing?

The fact that Stewart raced back was pretty awesome.
Dude, your lowering the bar.
Roczoff
If you're in front of Barcia, you deserve to be punted into next week.

Clearly.

Everyone who intends to finish ahead of him is at fault.

(But really, wasn't it adorable how he said he hoped Mookie would have done the same to him, when in reality, Mookie passed him with zero contact.)
Monte122
Barcia is the Amber Heard of supercross

Ace is the Amber Heard of Vital!
TG130
5/8/2022 4:11pm
This is supposedly what the AMA pays out.

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/8/2022 4:14pm
soggy wrote:
Hi Justin!! 👋🏻

So you’ve been watching and waiting and this is your best comment?
I don’t want to have a conversation with you at all so yea.

Post a reply to: AMA hits Barcia where it hurts

The Latest