AMA again??

mwssquad827
Edited Date/Time 7/9/2021 5:47am
Roczen 2pts and ferrnades 1pt…

WTF AMA how do you come up with this?

I don’t disagree that they jumped and should be penalized but depending on how far you jump is more points?????? Is that in the rules?? It says wheels on the ground correct??

Once again the AMA doing weird shit when they penalize guys

Sorry this just rubbed me the wrong way!!
|
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
7/3/2021 3:24pm
I lol’d when they reported this on the broadcast. Classic

The Shop

byke
7/3/2021 4:45pm
HIM JIMP FERTHER AN HAD TOO PAY MORE POYNTS FOR MOR JUMPIN ITS MOR DANJORUS TO MORE AN YOU CNA KIL SOMWON IF MORE JUMPIN LONGER

-FELD
dkurtd
7/3/2021 5:24pm
https://mxsp.iscdn.net/2021/05/2414_2021_pro_mx_rules_v7.pdf

2.10.b

ii. White and Red Stripe Flag (“Wheels on the Ground” Flag) and or Red and White flashing
lights: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation on or near the racetrack in an area that
is not clearly visible to on-coming riders. Riders must proceed with extreme caution. Both
wheels of the motorcycle must remain on the ground over obstacles until the rider has
passed the area of concern. Passing is NOT allowed. This flag and or flashing red and
white lights takes precedence over all other flags that may be displayed. Penalty for
violation of the flag may include but not be limited to, loss of championship point(s)
and/or race position(s), as determined by the Race Director.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
7/3/2021 5:36pm
Shoot if that’s the case and I’m sitting fourth in a tight battle I’m sending it over that jump. A wins a win and I’m Sure a race bonus is worth a point or two. Now the expectations are set.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
7/3/2021 5:51pm
bigk218 wrote:
Shoot if that’s the case and I’m sitting fourth in a tight battle I’m sending it over that jump. A wins a win and I’m Sure...
Shoot if that’s the case and I’m sitting fourth in a tight battle I’m sending it over that jump. A wins a win and I’m Sure a race bonus is worth a point or two. Now the expectations are set.
It’s at the discretion of the race director, they would also have the discretion to disqualify someone if it was egregious.

The problem I have is the inconsistency from one series to the next, in other sports you know what the penalty is when the infraction is committed.

In F1 or MotoGP they will know they have a time penalty or a long lap penalty during the race and they can race forward knowing they can make up the 5 seconds on track. So you can still salavage the race.

In the AMA there is no recourse for the rider, you mess up and you are at the mercy of the race director after the event. I’m sure Kenny knew something was going to happen as soon as he was in the air, but what? Position penalty? Points? Position plus a point, 2 point? It’s the unknown and inconsistency that’s the issue.

Also the inconsistency of the location of the WOG or red cross flags, they move with the course marshals. They should be in a position that doesn’t change and is clearly visible. Maybe instead of a person that has multiple tasks to monitor during the event, it’s a dedicated flashing strobe light on the jump that you can’t miss. Just ideas. I know it’s not easy.
7/3/2021 6:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2021 6:04pm
byke wrote:
HIM JIMP FERTHER AN HAD TOO PAY MORE POYNTS FOR MOR JUMPIN ITS MOR DANJORUS TO MORE AN YOU CNA KIL SOMWON IF MORE JUMPIN LONGER...
HIM JIMP FERTHER AN HAD TOO PAY MORE POYNTS FOR MOR JUMPIN ITS MOR DANJORUS TO MORE AN YOU CNA KIL SOMWON IF MORE JUMPIN LONGER

-FELD
FELD runs Supercross, MX Sports runs outdoors. Try and keep up.
mwssquad827
7/3/2021 7:25pm
byke wrote:
HIM JIMP FERTHER AN HAD TOO PAY MORE POYNTS FOR MOR JUMPIN ITS MOR DANJORUS TO MORE AN YOU CNA KIL SOMWON IF MORE JUMPIN LONGER...

-FELD
FELD runs Supercross, MX Sports runs outdoors. Try and keep up.

Who ever it is isn’t consistent… read the rule that dude posted above then explain to us how the penalty made any sense. Keep us up to date sir..
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
7/3/2021 7:30pm
crowe660 wrote:
I lol’d when they reported this on the broadcast. Classic
Yep never change AMA…also laugh when they show the schedule map each broadcast. New viewers who find the Chanel must scratch their head at the zig zags…
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
7/3/2021 7:31pm
Who ever it is isn’t consistent… read the rule that dude posted above then explain to us how the penalty made any sense. Keep us up...

Who ever it is isn’t consistent… read the rule that dude posted above then explain to us how the penalty made any sense. Keep us up to date sir..
Read the rule it’s up to the race directors discretion. Don’t be mad at the rule be mad at the race director. The rule is fine the race director did not use his discretion wisely here I don’t think.
TeamGreen
7/4/2021 6:43am
…as determined by the Race Director.

So, uh , hey…how’s that workin out? Grinning
DC
7/4/2021 7:10am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2021 7:11am
bigk218 wrote:
Shoot if that’s the case and I’m sitting fourth in a tight battle I’m sending it over that jump. A wins a win and I’m Sure...
It’s at the discretion of the race director, they would also have the discretion to disqualify someone if it was egregious. The problem I have is...
It’s at the discretion of the race director, they would also have the discretion to disqualify someone if it was egregious.

The problem I have is the inconsistency from one series to the next, in other sports you know what the penalty is when the infraction is committed.

In F1 or MotoGP they will know they have a time penalty or a long lap penalty during the race and they can race forward knowing they can make up the 5 seconds on track. So you can still salavage the race.

In the AMA there is no recourse for the rider, you mess up and you are at the mercy of the race director after the event. I’m sure Kenny knew something was going to happen as soon as he was in the air, but what? Position penalty? Points? Position plus a point, 2 point? It’s the unknown and inconsistency that’s the issue.

Also the inconsistency of the location of the WOG or red cross flags, they move with the course marshals. They should be in a position that doesn’t change and is clearly visible. Maybe instead of a person that has multiple tasks to monitor during the event, it’s a dedicated flashing strobe light on the jump that you can’t miss. Just ideas. I know it’s not easy.
I don't believe the part about them moving around and having multiple tasks is accurate, Kirk. The officials decide where to place them and they stay there. But it takes a second for the official on the back side of a big blind jump like that to radio his partner on the other side and get the flags out and the lights on (if its one of six spots with the 12 caution lights). RedBud is an amazing track but it's also very big and has multiple big jumps, so it's a challenge to get everything covered, and I can't remember someone ever crashing where Wilson crashed... The leaders got there quickly, but the flags were out and visible.

One other thing: I believe the reason the head flagger missed Ferrandis with the white flag was because he was trying to see what was happening over on the jump to find out if the race needed stopped all together. Human error can and will happen, but thankfully everything worked out, and I hope Deano is okay. Scary to see him laying on the track like that.

DC
Racer X
captmoto
7/4/2021 7:17am
I kind of got the impression that they wouldn't have a full view of the flag until they were right on it or in the air. I would like to see a view of the flag position from the bottom of the jump.
DC
7/4/2021 7:39am
captmoto wrote:
I kind of got the impression that they wouldn't have a full view of the flag until they were right on it or in the air...
I kind of got the impression that they wouldn't have a full view of the flag until they were right on it or in the air. I would like to see a view of the flag position from the bottom of the jump.
Flag going into corner before takeoff, flag on takeoff...

DC
Racer X
zman721
7/4/2021 8:31am
captmoto wrote:
I kind of got the impression that they wouldn't have a full view of the flag until they were right on it or in the air...
DC wrote:
Flag going into corner before takeoff, flag on takeoff... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/07/04/500559/s1200_WOG_flag.jpg[/img] DC Racer X

DC
Racer X
I was standing right in front of this, and like your screen shot shows I don't think there is anyway they should have missed them. The flag guys did a good job.

You mentioned it takes some time for them to radio to the flagger on blind jumps, but that's one of the advantage of the cautionz lights correct, they can come on instantaneously as long as one of the people with the remotes is paying attention? I saw them come on when Kailub wrecked on the triple hopefully they helped keep him safe. I'm a big believer in them and glad you guys invested in rider safety like you have....but I may be a little bias Whistling
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
7/4/2021 8:49am
DC wrote:
Flag going into corner before takeoff, flag on takeoff... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/07/04/500559/s1200_WOG_flag.jpg[/img] DC Racer X

DC
Racer X
I noticed that when it was first shown on the broadcast
TXDirt
7/4/2021 9:18am
The red cross flag was out. It was obvious. Ferandis saw it and tried to check up. He didn’t attempt to clear the table. Kenny on the other hand just said fuck it I guess and jumped like normal.

I knew instantly he was going to be penalized.

Someone sit Kenny down and go over the flags. Been an issue for him several times.
Ozzy
7/4/2021 10:18am
Another in a long list of “RUBBER RULEBOOK” BS.
COMMONSENSE never applies.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
7/4/2021 11:20am
Flags on the side of the track is just to archaic. These guys are riding too fast and too focused to see the flag every time. Not sure what a better solution is that’s feasible. But we see the same thing with the flags over and over.
TXDirt
7/4/2021 1:42pm
soggy wrote:
Flags on the side of the track is just to archaic. These guys are riding too fast and too focused to see the flag every time...
Flags on the side of the track is just to archaic. These guys are riding too fast and too focused to see the flag every time. Not sure what a better solution is that’s feasible. But we see the same thing with the flags over and over.
This is not true. You see the same rider ignoring them over and over. Dylan saw it. He checked up. Maybe not enough obviously. Be he saw it just the same.

Ken has routinely made the mistake of jumping on the Red Cross flags.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/4/2021 1:50pm
TXDirt wrote:
This is not true. You see the same rider ignoring them over and over. Dylan saw it. He checked up. Maybe not enough obviously. Be he...
This is not true. You see the same rider ignoring them over and over. Dylan saw it. He checked up. Maybe not enough obviously. Be he saw it just the same.

I take it your not a Roczen fan ? Unsure
TXDirt
7/4/2021 2:15pm
TXDirt wrote:
This is not true. You see the same rider ignoring them over and over. Dylan saw it. He checked up. Maybe not enough obviously. Be he...

langhammx wrote:
I take it your not a Roczen fan ? Unsure
I’m a big fan. He’s a great rider. Just looking at it objectively. He’s been penalized before for the same thing. He obviously jumped on the red cross flag.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
7/4/2021 3:10pm
soggy wrote:
Flags on the side of the track is just to archaic. These guys are riding too fast and too focused to see the flag every time...
TXDirt wrote:

Again I’m sure ken probably didn’t see it. There is no way he would jump knowingly on a Red Cross because he knows he would be penalized. He’s smarter then that
kage173
7/5/2021 7:21pm
Seemed right to me. Roczen didn't check up at all and gained time on Ferrandis. He deserved a bigger penalty.
250 cross
7/8/2021 6:28am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Is this the spot that they received the penalty for? They both left the ground on a red cross flag on the single two turns after the ski jump too. Rider was down on the left side of the uphill double. I assumed it was for that.
DonM
7/8/2021 6:45am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
250 cross wrote:
Is this the spot that they received the penalty for? They both left the ground on a red cross flag on the single two turns after...
Is this the spot that they received the penalty for? They both left the ground on a red cross flag on the single two turns after the ski jump too. Rider was down on the left side of the uphill double. I assumed it was for that.
That was the first Red Cross flag, it was the jump after the turn that they jumped. The first flag as you can see was in the best possible position but somehow they both missed it
LKHill
7/8/2021 7:02am
byke wrote:

-FELD
Unless your Justin Cooper. Then you can jump on the Medical and ignore the directions of the flagmen and nada.

Post a reply to: AMA again??

The Latest