AMA National MX Purse Money?

Edited Date/Time 6/6/2013 9:03pm
Sorry if its in another thread somewhere......but does anyone have any idea what the purse money is for the 250 and 450 classes? I am just wondering what Desalle and Strijbos would have won at the weekend.
|
kongols
6/3/2013 6:20am
I know that purse is something around 70`000 for a event. I can`t find the brakedown of it.
Mr. Info
6/3/2013 8:04am
All I know was that the Purse increase this year was $10,000 for a couple tracks I know of to the Purse already in place.
DC
6/3/2013 9:33am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2013 9:33am
Once again, Mr. Info is wrong, but at least he's consistently wrong, which means no surprises...

The purse was raised $4,000 for all 12 rounds this season. It is now $70K per race.

At Thunder Valley Clement Desalle made $1250 and Kevin Strijbos made $1100 (U.S.). Both were stoked to get paid. I am not sure what they would have made for Muddy Creek. Both had a really good time and seemed to enjoy their working vacation a lot. I hope we see them back here again in the future.

DC
MX Sports

The Shop

Underdog999
6/3/2013 10:21am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2013 10:25am
So for a 5,7 DeSalle won only $1250, and for a 10,8 Strijbos won only $1100?

That is so sad Dizzy
jmx411
6/3/2013 10:55am

That is so sad Dizzy
If riders would actually come out and say what they got paid them maybe it would force a change, but us fans are hidden in the dark of what an actually racer gets. In golf and Nascar I can see what each guy gets every weekend. We need to be able to see this in motocross. It is sad that I can make more on a weekend coaching travel baseball than the 20th place finisher in motocross
bobby397
6/3/2013 11:15am

That is so sad Dizzy
Agreed, but better than nothing.
er0ck33
6/3/2013 11:20am

That is so sad Dizzy
Couldn't agree more!
downard254
6/3/2013 11:26am
Seems to me that back in the late '80's, a good A rider riding two classes on a decent weekend with a gate of about 20 riders could make between 500-700 bucks. Now, that was 25 years ago, and that's just a local Dist. 11 race. That's also about a 150-200% pro payback.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
6/3/2013 1:37pm

That is so sad Dizzy
It was $1,250 more for Desalle and $1,100 more for Strijbos compared to their regular series
Underdog999
6/3/2013 1:55pm

That is so sad Dizzy
NV825 wrote:
It was $1,250 more for Desalle and $1,100 more for Strijbos compared to their regular series
It's still crap....

I judged a measly longboard surf contest once and the prize purse was $100,000. We surfers don't have mechanics to pay, bikes to maintain, etc. Plus, longboards are bottom of the pile, only a step up from lids (body boards)! Not many fans go watch longboard contests, certainly not 30,000 in attendance plus tv viewers!!!!
Mr. Info
6/3/2013 3:53pm
DC it must be tough being you and being right all the time. But lets tell the whole truth and be right. MX Sports might send out the checks but the tracks pay the purse. And if thats the truth then Youth Stream and MX Sports don't any purse money but in the US the tracks do so lets give the tracks the credit for the purse. Have a nice day. ;-)
MX Culture
6/3/2013 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2013 4:29pm
^ pretty sure you are wrong again.
AMA collects the entry fees and sends out the checks.
7eleven
6/3/2013 4:13pm
I wish the powers that be would just sit down and do the simple math...
1. entry
2. fuel
3. parts/tires
4. food
5.friend/crew passes
6. misc

The 40th place guy needs to cover these minimums, or the bikes stay in the van.
Riders Union in my opinion is truly the only solution to get the power that be to listen.

You can make money racing Motocross, but it's not in this series.

Austin Squires
16 year ama pro
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
6/3/2013 4:25pm
Motor racing of any kind is not a poor mans sport. It takes money and lots of it.
Mr. Info
6/3/2013 4:36pm
MX Culture if you ask DC I am wrong, and so are you. Just ask the National track near you and they will tell you where the money goes and its not AMA. If I may be so wrong again the track pays AMA to be there also and Asterick and MX Sports. And guess who pays the track. You and I. But so I may be wrong again, MX Sports gets a part of those ticket sales also. Its a money making business if done right. Thats the reason you have a business is to make a profit. Nobody works for free.
slipdog
6/3/2013 4:45pm
7eleven wrote:
I wish the powers that be would just sit down and do the simple math... 1. entry 2. fuel 3. parts/tires 4. food 5.friend/crew passes 6...
1. entry
2. fuel
3. parts/tires
4. food
5.friend/crew passes
6. misc

Riders Union in my opinion is truly the only solution to get the power that be to listen.

Austin Squires
16 year ama pro
Excellent post Austin, I was always more concerned about paying my bills than getting some kind token points for finishing outside of the top 20(which unfortunately for me was too often).
jmx411
6/4/2013 5:34am
DC is trying to make this sport as mainstream as you can. The more outside sponsors we can get the more money the riders will make, but most of the people arguing about riders not making enough are the same ones that hate when DC does anything to move this sport forward
NCProaction
6/4/2013 6:56am
All of the riders I know still have not got paid for Hangtown. Crazy regardless of where and who pays the purse. Makes it even harder for those privateers who use the purse to pay their entry fees.
Underdog999
6/4/2013 8:41am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2013 8:44am
jmx411 wrote:
DC is trying to make this sport as mainstream as you can. The more outside sponsors we can get the more money the riders will make...
DC is trying to make this sport as mainstream as you can. The more outside sponsors we can get the more money the riders will make, but most of the people arguing about riders not making enough are the same ones that hate when DC does anything to move this sport forward
If you notice my post above about the longboard contest with the $100,000 prize purse, there were less sponsors at that contest than at the races. I don't know where all of the money is going. Is it getting sucked into some vortex like it does with the IRS?

*Entry fees for the surfers was $150, period. But, there is much less overhead too.
6/4/2013 8:56am
Why some feel it is important to know what the riders are earning i will never understand. Do you know or need to know what they get from their sponsors as well?

How much do you earn? And don't spout some shit about being a fan gives you an entitlement because it doesn't, that is misguided.

If you want riders to earn more then I suggest you promote events and pay them for their time.
Underdog999
6/4/2013 9:02am
Why some feel it is important to know what the riders are earning i will never understand. Do you know or need to know what they...
Why some feel it is important to know what the riders are earning i will never understand. Do you know or need to know what they get from their sponsors as well?

How much do you earn? And don't spout some shit about being a fan gives you an entitlement because it doesn't, that is misguided.

If you want riders to earn more then I suggest you promote events and pay them for their time.
We do pay them for their time, it's called a ticket!
huck
6/4/2013 9:11am
7eleven wrote:
I wish the powers that be would just sit down and do the simple math... 1. entry 2. fuel 3. parts/tires 4. food 5.friend/crew passes 6...
1. entry
2. fuel
3. parts/tires
4. food
5.friend/crew passes
6. misc

Austin Squires
16 year ama pro
And what does it cost to put on an event, or promote the event?
MBBadgers
6/4/2013 9:16am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2013 9:18am
7eleven wrote:
1. entry
2. fuel
3. parts/tires
4. food
5.friend/crew passes
6. misc

Austin Squires
16 year ama pro
huck wrote:
You're missing the point there huck, don't care how great of a promoter you are or how much something costs, you can't have a race with no racers, period.
huck
6/4/2013 9:19am
7eleven wrote:
1. entry
2. fuel
3. parts/tires
4. food
5.friend/crew passes
6. misc

Austin Squires
16 year ama pro
huck wrote:
MBBadgers wrote:
You're missing the point there huck, don't care how great of a promoter you are or how much something costs, you can't have a race with...
You're missing the point there huck, don't care how great of a promoter you are or how much something costs, you can't have a race with no racers, period.
And the racers can't race without the tracks and the work it takes to get the track ready.... The promoters can't just 'turn on' the track the day before the event...
MBBadgers
6/4/2013 9:22am
MX Culture wrote:
correct me if I am wrong but mxsports bought the nationals from dmg yes? there is no ama.
Matthes
6/4/2013 9:28am
Mr. Info wrote:
MX Culture if you ask DC I am wrong, and so are you. Just ask the National track near you and they will tell you where...
MX Culture if you ask DC I am wrong, and so are you. Just ask the National track near you and they will tell you where the money goes and its not AMA. If I may be so wrong again the track pays AMA to be there also and Asterick and MX Sports. And guess who pays the track. You and I. But so I may be wrong again, MX Sports gets a part of those ticket sales also. Its a money making business if done right. Thats the reason you have a business is to make a profit. Nobody works for free.
Yeah the track does pay Asterisk... you're right about that. Except when you hold a USGP, no one comes and you don't pay the Asterisk guys. That's the story from them about Glen Helen...but I'm sure Bud didn't tell you that part.
6/4/2013 9:28am
Why some feel it is important to know what the riders are earning i will never understand. Do you know or need to know what they...

We do pay them for their time, it's called a ticket!
i pay for tickets to see the prodigy perform - do i have to say more?
7eleven
6/4/2013 9:55am
huck wrote:
MBBadgers wrote:
You're missing the point there huck, don't care how great of a promoter you are or how much something costs, you can't have a race with...
huck wrote:
And the racers can't race without the tracks and the work it takes to get the track ready.... The promoters can't just 'turn on' the track...
And the racers can't race without the tracks and the work it takes to get the track ready.... The promoters can't just 'turn on' the track the day before the event...
I made my living racing local events all across this country, but a Pro National is the "Big Show" and riders should at least be able to make enough to stay with the series if they are making the 40 man moto's. They like to pump it up to the crowd that these are the 40 best in the country, so why is the 25th place guy having to spend his own on top of what he was just paid to get to the next event?
Pro Nationals were everything to me, I put my heart and soul into this sport, but if I wanted to keep making money I had to return to smaller events.
jndmx
6/4/2013 10:25am
MX Culture wrote:
MBBadgers wrote:
correct me if I am wrong but mxsports bought the nationals from dmg yes? there is no ama.
The AMA still sanctions the events and racers must have an AMA license to race so they are still very much around.

I think you are confusing the promotor with the sanctioning body.
Rights to promote the series went to DMG and they contracted MX Sports to promote.

That's how I understand the deal anyway and it does get a little confusing, I'm sure FTE will be in to correct me if I missed anything here.....lol.

Post a reply to: AMA National MX Purse Money?

The Latest