AMA Motocross cancelled on Peacock for 2022….

2/17/2022 3:44pm
Really really dumb. I’m burned out on all things DC. Looking forward to when Supercross expands and kills off outdoors.
MXMattii
2/17/2022 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2022 3:48pm
In an ideal world MXGP, Extreme Enduro, AMA Motocross, AMA Supercross, Kickers AX, ... would all work together for one streaming platform that is available for all countries. In wacky mad dreamy land AMA Motocross would be free on Twitch and Youtube (with a few commercials) to lure young people to the dark side, uhm I mean motorsports! Bit like NFL does on Twitch and MLB on Youtube. Promote the sport with gnarly crashes on Snapchat & Instagram (I know promoting the sport with crashes or take outs is pretty tooth grinding, but it works)
thundergoat
2/17/2022 3:50pm
Just another streaming service. Soon it will be cheaper to just go back to cable. Their master plan is working…
Nah, we can still cancel the streaming services anytime and we can pick and choose which ones we want.
Johnny Ringo
2/17/2022 3:55pm
Just another streaming service. Soon it will be cheaper to just go back to cable. Their master plan is working…
Nah, we can still cancel the streaming services anytime and we can pick and choose which ones we want.
You just wait…

The Shop

mooch
Fantasy
431st
2/17/2022 3:56pm
not after paying for a years worth of Peacock.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
2/17/2022 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2022 3:59pm
You just wait…
Yup. They're going to get their pound of flesh no matter what.

I'm all for business making money....but not holding you hostage, ball-gagged and with a gun to your head. Which is why people started leaving cable to begin with.
2/17/2022 4:22pm
You just wait…
Magoofan wrote:
Yup. They're going to get their pound of flesh no matter what. I'm all for business making money....but not holding you hostage, ball-gagged and with a...
Yup. They're going to get their pound of flesh no matter what.

I'm all for business making money....but not holding you hostage, ball-gagged and with a gun to your head. Which is why people started leaving cable to begin with.
I have Netflix, Disney Plus and Hulu, Peacock (when SX is on) MotoGP, and now MavTV (for the months the nationals are on). That’s waaay more than I could ever watch at a fraction of the cost I was paying per month for cable.
Sacko
2/18/2022 9:04am
Still just thanking the moto gods we can watch full live races & qualifying. I'll pay for whatever app wants to provide that for me. Everyone complaining, turn the clock back 20 years finding yourself lucky to be able to catch the race on tv for the first time a week or two after it happens. We are so spoiled now days that you guys are seriously complaining about having to pay the price of 1 general admission ticket to watch all races and qualifying live. We are incredibly lucky for that.
MyBobbym
2/18/2022 11:16am
I have had a jail broken firestick for the last 3 years, $150 for the loaded Firestick and $10 for the monthly cable service. I can...
I have had a jail broken firestick for the last 3 years, $150 for the loaded Firestick and $10 for the monthly cable service. I can literally watch anything for free. Nfl package, UFC events, MLB, hockey, etc. Every Showtime. HBO, Encode, Cinemax channel for free. Hell it even has a 100+ P●&n channels. It has 3 different apps to watch any movie, including ones still in the theater for free. I can literally find anything on it for free. It used to buffer sometimes but I bought a service that eliminates it. I pay for Peacock just for SX and MX and that's it. My internet, peacock and the cable service runs me about $80 a month. I used to pay around $230. Greatest purchase I've ever made.
And it's illegal.
MyBobbym
2/18/2022 11:19am
Really really dumb. I’m burned out on all things DC. Looking forward to when Supercross expands and kills off outdoors.
Mitch A Dick, whooodepalooza do
DC
2/18/2022 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2022 1:02pm
Really, after you only being a Vital member for seven days? I didn't realize I had such a bad week...

DC
Racer X
Leave Us To
2/18/2022 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2022 1:52pm
mooch wrote:
Not ideal for me either...but 1st world problems. Went to Dish years ago as it's less expensive than DirecTv (live in the boonies so no cable)...
Not ideal for me either...but 1st world problems.

Went to Dish years ago as it's less expensive than DirecTv (live in the boonies so no cable). MavTv was REALLY bad on Dish as it was NOT HD...so I was glad things went to NBC gold and then peacock. Now after signing up for a years worth of Peacock, they're now out of the mix. With no MavTv on Dish, looks like I'm getting another streaming app. When will the musical chairs for mx / sx coverage stop?
I was just getting ready to post 1st world problems when I saw your comment. Funny what some view as a hassle but they've never had to walk uphill going to school and uphill coming home either so there's that.

I turned off DirecTV over a year ago and now pay 45 a month for 300 mbps ATT Internet and use streaming services everything else. I miss my DVR but don't miss my DirecTV bill.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/18/2022 2:49pm
Creating new accounts to get back in is frowned upon. This account has been locked, email me if you'd like to discuss. Mlindsay@vitalmx.com

I'd email you but I'm pretty sure this account was signed up with a burner email account.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
2/18/2022 4:14pm
so true lol. Someone is going ot come up with 1 box with 1 fee for all service,,, they gonna call it cable lol
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
2/18/2022 4:15pm
DC wrote:
Really, after you only being a Vital member for seven days? I didn't realize I had such a bad week...

DC
Racer X
LOL
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
2/18/2022 4:45pm
DC wrote:
Here is the response for casting question, direct for the MAVTV team: Yes, the app does offer casting and the new versions that will be live...
Here is the response for casting question, direct for the MAVTV team:

Yes, the app does offer casting and the new versions that will be live prior to the start of the season will also be compatible with LG and Samsung Smart TVs. That's a new addition that's coming.

But the current app and the new app are compatible with both Chromecast and Apple AirPlay.

I hope that helps make you feel a little more at ease, quadzrulebro...

DC
Racer X
chrisg19 wrote:
DC this question is not meant be snarky. Can you please ask them if the broadcasts on the app will be commercial free like Peacock in...
DC this question is not meant be snarky. Can you please ask them if the broadcasts on the app will be commercial free like Peacock in years past? If they still don’t know, will there be an announcement prior to the season starting? I have the option to watch the broadcast feed, but will pay for the subscription for the commercial free feed if that is a thing. Thanks.
DC wrote:
I'm sorry, it's still being discussed and worked out, as some of it depends on ad inventory and other series sponsors. We still have more than...
I'm sorry, it's still being discussed and worked out, as some of it depends on ad inventory and other series sponsors. We still have more than three months so there's lots yet to be decided.

DC
Racer X
I don't get this, If we're paying for a subscription to watch all the races live through mavtv+ app why wouldn't it be advert free. Now if you're watching the tv broadcast I understand having ad breaks
2/18/2022 4:48pm
DC,

Thanks for always providing us the info as you can. Any word if there will be a MAVTV+ app for AndroidTV users on the Google Play Store? Think the TV and phone Google Play stores are a bit different, would be great to be able to watch on my TV as I feel Cast sometimes lags a bit making watching a little rough, I have mainly Sony TV’s that utilize the AndroidTV platform and if I have streaming boxes most are AndroidTV based, Peacock is on it so hoping MAVTV+ can get an app for it as well before the season. I looked the other day and didn’t see it on the store so apologies if it already is and I just missed it. Thanks again.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
2/18/2022 5:22pm
So on an Xbox one I can download the mav TV app and watch it commercial free?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/18/2022 5:24pm
So on an Xbox one I can download the mav TV app and watch it commercial free?
Not sure if you can download the app or not, but you might be able to watch directly through the web browser on mavtvplus.com

Still hasn't been confirmed if it'll be commercial free.
stuart70
Fantasy
895th
2/18/2022 9:10pm
From 5 minutes of research…

Plex has Mavtv and Plex is free. I don’t know about the quality, commercials or even if they will show the races live. I’ve only just downloaded it to my phone to see if it worked.
2/19/2022 4:24am
stuart70 wrote:
From 5 minutes of research… Plex has Mavtv and Plex is free. I don’t know about the quality, commercials or even if they will show the...
From 5 minutes of research…

Plex has Mavtv and Plex is free. I don’t know about the quality, commercials or even if they will show the races live. I’ve only just downloaded it to my phone to see if it worked.
Educate me. I’ve never heard of plex. What is it and how does it work? How are they able to provide free content that others make you pay for?
Philly215
2/19/2022 5:23am
Annoying because I enjoy peacock and when I had directv, Mavtv was always really bad quality.

Don’t get why people are up in arms about paying for a subscription and having to watch commercials though. That’s exactly what cable is. And most of the subscriptions you have to pay extra to cut the commercials out like with Hulu.

Post a reply to: AMA Motocross cancelled on Peacock for 2022….

The Latest