AMA Motocross cancelled on Peacock for 2022….

SX_336
2/16/2022 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2022 5:23am
Just announced today…..

So now we have to go and get MAVTV if you want to watch Pro Motocross this year. Why can’t they just leave stuff alone? I personally preferred the NBC Sports Gold. I wondered why all the MX races on Peacock disappeared. Now we know.

Anyone have MAVTV?
|
B Gotti
2/16/2022 3:38pm
Welcome to last week.
Johnny Ringo
2/16/2022 3:41pm
Just another streaming service. Soon it will be cheaper to just go back to cable. Their master plan is working…
skeef
My guess is Morgan Lucas wants to get more ROI. Now we have to sub to the mavtv app to watch? Hey if lucas oil keeps sponsoring and feeding outdoors all the power to him to get the TV rights to stream on his own platform.
toroP
Mavtv is part of Sports Plus add-on on YouTube tv.

The Shop

Big Lenny
2/16/2022 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2022 3:44pm
SX_336 wrote:
Just announced today….. So now we have to go and get MAVTV if you want to watch Pro Motocross this year. Why can’t they just leave...
Just announced today…..

So now we have to go and get MAVTV if you want to watch Pro Motocross this year. Why can’t they just leave stuff alone? I personally preferred the NBC Sports Gold. I wondered why all the MX races on Peacock disappeared. Now we know.

Anyone have MAVTV?
I just checked..They still have all the races up..But I have MAVTV too...
MotoX85
2/16/2022 4:12pm
Direct TV has Mav TV. ITs actually why I ssitched from Dish Network several years ago cause they dropped it.
2/16/2022 4:21pm
Just another streaming service. Soon it will be cheaper to just go back to cable. Their master plan is working…
You don't have to carry both streaming services at the same time. SX and Outdoors have zero overlap.
Bruce372
2/16/2022 4:42pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/MX-Nationals-TV,1399347 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/02/16/533887/s1200_a3bda0e235c09e641c36417f1ed808df.jpg[/img]
I missed that thread as well.

Another pain in the ass sign up, oh well. At least it's on something
2/16/2022 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2022 4:49pm
The Apple Store reviews of the MavTV app are abysmal. It looks like you can’t cast it either according to the reviews. So…unless the App Store for your particular TV offers MavTV, you might be stuck watching it on your phone or iPad if it even works. Check the reviews.
Forrest Lucas (who founded the company and was the driving force behind their motorsports promotions) recently stepped down and named his son as president, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see their focus on motorsports promotion dwindle further in the future.
DC
2/16/2022 5:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2022 5:12pm
The Apple Store reviews of the MavTV app are abysmal. It looks like you can’t cast it either according to the reviews. So…unless the App Store...
The Apple Store reviews of the MavTV app are abysmal. It looks like you can’t cast it either according to the reviews. So…unless the App Store for your particular TV offers MavTV, you might be stuck watching it on your phone or iPad if it even works. Check the reviews.
Forrest Lucas (who founded the company and was the driving force behind their motorsports promotions) recently stepped down and named his son as president, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see their focus on motorsports promotion dwindle further in the future.
Sorry, you couldn't be more wrong about Morgan Lucas and the company's growing focus on motorsports' promotions, so hopefully you will actually be surprised instead...

DC
Racer X
2/16/2022 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2022 5:23pm
The Apple Store reviews of the MavTV app are abysmal. It looks like you can’t cast it either according to the reviews. So…unless the App Store...
DC wrote:
Sorry, you couldn't be more wrong about Morgan Lucas and the company's growing focus on motorsports' promotions, so hopefully you will actually be surprised instead... DC...
Sorry, you couldn't be more wrong about Morgan Lucas and the company's growing focus on motorsports' promotions, so hopefully you will actually be surprised instead...

DC
Racer X
I hope I am wrong about my speculation as to what might happen in the future.

Can you speak to the poor reviews of the app and the ability or inability of the app to be cast? My TVs don’t currently offer MavTV in the App Store, so much like MotoGP, I will likely be forced to cast from my phone to my TV. If I can’t cast it, that might be a deal breaker.
crowe660
2/16/2022 5:38pm
Hear me out. PulpTV Network. SX & MX. Techman, build it and we will come.
Kelz87
2/16/2022 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2022 5:51pm
crowe660 wrote:
Hear me out. PulpTV Network. SX & MX. Techman, build it and we will come.

I second the movement of PulpTV Network.

I can’t even imagine how high Steve’s new ceiling would be from all the money he’d make
DC
2/16/2022 6:18pm
DC wrote:
Sorry, you couldn't be more wrong about Morgan Lucas and the company's growing focus on motorsports' promotions, so hopefully you will actually be surprised instead... DC...

DC
Racer X
I hope I am wrong about my speculation as to what might happen in the future. Can you speak to the poor reviews of the app...

Can you speak to the poor reviews of the app and the ability or inability of the app to be cast? My TVs don’t currently offer MavTV in the App Store, so much like MotoGP, I will likely be forced to cast from my phone to my TV. If I can’t cast it, that might be a deal breaker.
I will ask them tomorrow, where do you live?

DC
Racer X
2/16/2022 6:31pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
I hope I am wrong about my speculation as to what might happen in the future. Can you speak to the poor reviews of the app...

DC wrote:
I will ask them tomorrow, where do you live?

DC
Racer X
USA. I just want to know if the app will cast to a smart TV. If so, problem solved.
fins227
2/16/2022 7:48pm
I’ve always paid the buy in for outdoors, peacock, nbc sports gold, had cable before that just to watch moto.
In this case mavtv may as well be the moon. I’m a reviews guys if I read one well written review ill have to read 20 good ones to offset one bad one. Maybe the outdoors have lost my attention, maybe DC telling people to just get the vax on pulp rubbed me the wrong way, maybe Im starting to like SX more, I’m out on this though. I really only turn on the tv to watch racing and I might watch a little football, so linking my CC to another streaming service isn’t happening.

I think I’m getting old.
prozach
2/16/2022 8:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2022 8:02pm
Sweet another streaming service to pay for.... Lame. But better than not being to watch I guess. Peacock is great and comes free with most cable services, plus has SX already. Sucks mx requires yet another service now.
APLMAN99
2/16/2022 8:07pm
I’m a Luddite with cable TV.

My cable TV package includes MAVTV.

So technically I’m a happily surprised Luddite with cable TV…….

Pit Row

PTshox
2/16/2022 8:21pm
This moving stuff to streaming services you have to pay for on top of your cable bill is lame...... It's not about the customer... it's about taking as much cash as you can from the customer. Stupid move.

-MAVERICK-
2/16/2022 8:30pm
PTshox wrote:
This moving stuff to streaming services you have to pay for on top of your cable bill is lame...... It's not about the customer... it's about...
This moving stuff to streaming services you have to pay for on top of your cable bill is lame...... It's not about the customer... it's about taking as much cash as you can from the customer. Stupid move.

You don't need cable to stream.
8tensolutions
2/16/2022 9:09pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X

Get an Apple TV
2/16/2022 9:12pm
SX_336 wrote:
Just announced today….. So now we have to go and get MAVTV if you want to watch Pro Motocross this year. Why can’t they just leave...
Just announced today…..

Anyone have MAVTV?
NBC is getting ready for golf season. Sorry SX.
G-man
2/16/2022 9:47pm
Total BS move!

And yeah I was tempted to cut the cable but never did as I had a feeling all these streaming services would add up and to me there are pain in the ass (for old mxers) and not gonna pay EXTRA or get an Apple TV. Angry

I just wanna grab a brew, sit in the recliner and hit the remote--too much to ask for these days.
crusher773
2/16/2022 10:02pm
skeef wrote:
My guess is Morgan Lucas wants to get more ROI. Now we have to sub to the mavtv app to watch? Hey if lucas oil keeps...
My guess is Morgan Lucas wants to get more ROI. Now we have to sub to the mavtv app to watch? Hey if lucas oil keeps sponsoring and feeding outdoors all the power to him to get the TV rights to stream on his own platform.
Except he is a dick. He completely cut the whole amateur program a couple years ago. Did it real late and screwed a bunch of people including the family that actually ran the program
clarkgray432
2/16/2022 10:44pm
USA. I just want to know if the app will cast to a smart TV. If so, problem solved.
Join this century and get a smart tv. Problem solved.
jridout12
2/16/2022 11:55pm
All I want is the mavtv+ to offer the same exact broadcast peacock and nbc gold did (qualifying and commercial free). If I have to watch commercials after paying for the subscription I will be extremely disappointed and feel like we're taking a step back
TXDirt
2/17/2022 2:44am
jridout12 wrote:
All I want is the mavtv+ to offer the same exact broadcast peacock and nbc gold did (qualifying and commercial free). If I have to watch...
All I want is the mavtv+ to offer the same exact broadcast peacock and nbc gold did (qualifying and commercial free). If I have to watch commercials after paying for the subscription I will be extremely disappointed and feel like we're taking a step back
I’ll have to wait to buy it. As I agree paying for a subscription and then watching commercials is egregious. MX has worked great on Peacock the last several years. Really sucks it’s being cropped from there. Talk about taking two steps back…
2/17/2022 4:08am
Join this century and get a smart tv. Problem solved.
All my TVs are smart TVs. That is how I watch SX on Peacock. Problem is, my smart TVs' app stores don't offer the MavTV app. I have the same issue with MotoGP. To watch MotoGP, I just cast the race from my phone to my TV, so I don't need the app on my TV. The reviews I was reading in the Apple App Store say that the MavTV app doesn't allow you to cast it. This means that unless I want to buy more hardware (which I don't want to do since I haven't needed to for watching anything else), I will be forced to watch on my iPad or iPhone. I'm not willing to buy more hardware nor am I willing to pay $7 a month to watch on my iPad. DC is checking to see if the app can be cast. If it can't be cast, Lucas needs to get off their ass and fix the app and my problem will be solved. I travel extensively, and the ability to cast a program allows me to watch wherever I happen to be. At any rate, there hasn't been a MavTV app rating above one star all year in the App Store, so it certainly wouldn't hurt to have DC bring MavTV app issues to their attention.
MudPup545
2/17/2022 4:16am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2022 8:34am
toroP wrote:
Mavtv is part of Sports Plus add-on on YouTube tv.
For those of us that are tech challenged, you are saying that if we have YouTube TV we already MavTV? 🤔

Post a reply to: AMA Motocross cancelled on Peacock for 2022….

The Latest

The Latest