AMA Moto Vs MXGP

ACBailey89
Fantasy
2563rd
Seems like the AMA boys were a little sharper than then GP boys even in the mud….
|
9/25/2022 10:58pm
Absolutely, the best gp riders weren't there however it would be very hard to beat tomac the way he rode the first moto.
JMR1976
9/25/2022 11:00pm
You’re drunk go to sleep!

The Shop

daemon666
9/25/2022 11:25pm
JMR1976 wrote:
You’re drunk go to sleep!
How did you know! Honestly, I don't pay attention to MXGP, so I was really surprised. All around some amazing riding.
Arofin
9/25/2022 11:27pm
Tomac had a holeshot and got almost caught by a 450 rookie of MX2...Hunter Lawrence and Justin Cooper where followed first race by a 17 year old kid placed 7,8 and 9 first moto...MXGP rookie won last moto. Second moto a 450 rookie beat Sexton 1 on 1. USA had the strongest team en won well deserved. But the discussion Mxgp vs Ama...be happy where you want to be happy with
ATKpilot99
9/26/2022 2:03am
They're all fast . The AMA was definitely the more entertaining series this season. We'll see what next season brings .
mxxxeR1
9/26/2022 2:44am
It was a real shame tom vialle wasn't there... i really think france could have won with him
RG1
9/26/2022 2:47am
I thought the MXGP guys did well honestly. Bearing in mind the three best guys in MXGP, Herlings, Gajser and Febvre were not there. No one in America has been able to get anywhere near Tomac and Sexton this summer and the likes of Geerts, Guadagnini, Seewer and Renaux gave them plenty to think about at certain points across the weekend, and those guys are great riders but not the absolute elite of MXGP
RG1
9/26/2022 3:15am
mxxxeR1 wrote:
It was a real shame tom vialle wasn't there... i really think france could have won with him
In fairness, speed wise they were good enough to win without him.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
9/26/2022 3:17am
RG1 wrote:
I thought the MXGP guys did well honestly. Bearing in mind the three best guys in MXGP, Herlings, Gajser and Febvre were not there. No one...
I thought the MXGP guys did well honestly. Bearing in mind the three best guys in MXGP, Herlings, Gajser and Febvre were not there. No one in America has been able to get anywhere near Tomac and Sexton this summer and the likes of Geerts, Guadagnini, Seewer and Renaux gave them plenty to think about at certain points across the weekend, and those guys are great riders but not the absolute elite of MXGP
Geerts impressed me most in person, and Guadagnini suprised me. But to be fair, I also did not have Cooper catching Sexton on my bingo card. This race always brings strange results/hero rides.
Richy
9/26/2022 3:19am
I'm not about the MXGP Vs AMA thing, and even with being English and having no horse in this race, all I know is it was some damn good racing and next year will be just as good I'm sure.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
9/26/2022 5:48am
Herlings knows what he’s doin. He picked a good year to sit this one out ( just here to stir the pot a little).
250 cross
9/26/2022 5:54am
Don't think the MXON is ever a very good indicator of that, always seems to always produce a lot of "out of character" rides.
prozach
9/26/2022 7:36am
It's a team race, individual results are always served with a grain of salt. 🤷‍♀️
honda341
9/26/2022 7:51am
250 cross wrote:
Don't think the MXON is ever a very good indicator of that, always seems to always produce a lot of "out of character" rides.
Yeah, if we were to go off of MXdN results, Antonio Cairoli should have only ever won one MX GP Championship. Glen Coldenhoff should have won a few MX GP Championships. Tomac only gets one MX AMA Championship and the list goes on. One off event where some rise to the occasion. Hard to compare.
Antonioni
9/26/2022 7:52am
mxxxeR1 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
They would have been even faster. Stronger.
And Vialle is currently a way better starter than Marv.
RG1
9/26/2022 10:26am
mxxxeR1 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Antonioni wrote:
Yes for sure they would’ve done better with Vialle, he should’ve been there. He would’ve had a good chance to win this race and make a statement on US soil as he heads there next year, instead he was sat at home and France had to pull a 33 year old off the couch to ride a 250
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/26/2022 10:32am
bigk218 wrote:
Herlings knows what he’s doin. He picked a good year to sit this one out ( just here to stir the pot a little).
Thank god the Netherlands weren't even close otherwise we'd have another 12 months of what coulda woulda shoulda happened. Even a 1-1 by Herlings wouldn't have put them on the Podium. Coldenhoff had his worst races in like half a decade and De Wolf was on the ground for most of moto 2. Decent first moto though in 10th
Mick 22
9/27/2022 11:10am
RG1 wrote:
I thought the MXGP guys did well honestly. Bearing in mind the three best guys in MXGP, Herlings, Gajser and Febvre were not there. No one...
Bingo
mxb2
9/27/2022 11:28am
RG1 wrote:
Antonioni wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Yes for sure they would’ve done better with Vialle, he should’ve been there. He would’ve had a good chance to win this race and make a...
Yes for sure they would’ve done better with Vialle, he should’ve been there. He would’ve had a good chance to win this race and make a statement on US soil as he heads there next year, instead he was sat at home and France had to pull a 33 year old off the couch to ride a 250
How do you know he would have done better. ? He wasnt there doesnt matter. Guess you forget when the usa didnt send their best. Hmmm. Double standards.
philG
9/27/2022 11:38am
bigk218 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Thank god the Netherlands weren't even close otherwise we'd have another 12 months of what coulda woulda shoulda happened. Even a 1-1 by Herlings wouldn't have...
Thank god the Netherlands weren't even close otherwise we'd have another 12 months of what coulda woulda shoulda happened. Even a 1-1 by Herlings wouldn't have put them on the Podium. Coldenhoff had his worst races in like half a decade and De Wolf was on the ground for most of moto 2. Decent first moto though in 10th
Coldenhoff went down and his bike got run over by half the field , apparently.

Like always , the MXoN comes down to luck, or rather not having any bad luck.

Evans and Hunter's tip over weren't bad luck, they were daft falls, both self inflicted.

Ferrandis getting caught in turn 1 wasnt his fault, going down again while absolutely smoking was to be expected, but he went all in . His fall in the last one, was just getting caught out , it happens, but thats racing .

Guardanini got punted in the last race in turn 1 and went down and was last, Geerts had a bobble in the last one and went down... all just racing deals.. do i think that any of this would have made the end result different, probably not, this year the USA didnt wipe each other out, or blow up, or get stuck in fences, or any one of the myriad of things that happen at these races, and they won . It certainly wasnt a gift, but a bad start for Cooper in both races , and its a different game, but he had a great day, and he can say he held his end up really well.

Next year will be another chance for all the same things to happen , and someone else will win , or they wont.

Ernee , with Febvre, Renaux, and Benistant , will be great.

Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
9/27/2022 12:57pm
RG1 wrote:
Is Febvre still the third best guy? This year was lackluster even taking his injury into account. I’m a Febvre fan but he could be a 6th place guy next year while still riding well.
Leave Us To
9/27/2022 1:10pm
Arofin wrote:
Tomac had a holeshot and got almost caught by a 450 rookie of MX2...Hunter Lawrence and Justin Cooper where followed first race by a 17 year...
Tomac had a holeshot and got almost caught by a 450 rookie of MX2...Hunter Lawrence and Justin Cooper where followed first race by a 17 year old kid placed 7,8 and 9 first moto...MXGP rookie won last moto. Second moto a 450 rookie beat Sexton 1 on 1. USA had the strongest team en won well deserved. But the discussion Mxgp vs Ama...be happy where you want to be happy with
Thank you for the facts. I am proud of Team USA and couldn't be happier we won but luck was on our side this year given who wasn't racing.

Amazing American fans can't just take the win but have to start the tired us vs them nonsense. I'm so over it.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/27/2022 1:21pm
Off to the dumbgeon with this stinky bait!
RG1
9/27/2022 3:34pm
mxb2 wrote:
How do you know he would have done better. ? He wasnt there doesnt matter. Guess you forget when the usa didnt send their best. Hmmm...
How do you know he would have done better. ? He wasnt there doesnt matter. Guess you forget when the usa didnt send their best. Hmmm. Double standards.
Well Vialle is the current and 2x World MX2 Champion and Musquin hasn’t raced outdoors all year or raced a 250 properly since 2015. Logic states that Vialle probably would’ve been a bit better. It wasn’t even me that brought Vialle up, I said they were fast enough to win without him and they were, just couldn’t get it done on the day
RG1
9/27/2022 3:37pm
RG1 wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Is Febvre still the third best guy? This year was lackluster even taking his injury into account. I’m a Febvre fan but he could be a...
Is Febvre still the third best guy? This year was lackluster even taking his injury into account. I’m a Febvre fan but he could be a 6th place guy next year while still riding well.
I think I would still put him in there overall, maybe this year he hasn’t quite been on that level. I don’t think he could’ve rode any better than Renaux or Ferrandis to be fair
zach60
9/28/2022 9:07am
bigk218 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Thank god the Netherlands weren't even close otherwise we'd have another 12 months of what coulda woulda shoulda happened. Even a 1-1 by Herlings wouldn't have...
philG wrote:
Coldenhoff went down and his bike got run over by half the field , apparently. Like always , the MXoN comes down to luck, or rather...
Coldenhoff went down and his bike got run over by half the field , apparently.

Like always , the MXoN comes down to luck, or rather not having any bad luck.

Evans and Hunter's tip over weren't bad luck, they were daft falls, both self inflicted.

Ferrandis getting caught in turn 1 wasnt his fault, going down again while absolutely smoking was to be expected, but he went all in . His fall in the last one, was just getting caught out , it happens, but thats racing .

Guardanini got punted in the last race in turn 1 and went down and was last, Geerts had a bobble in the last one and went down... all just racing deals.. do i think that any of this would have made the end result different, probably not, this year the USA didnt wipe each other out, or blow up, or get stuck in fences, or any one of the myriad of things that happen at these races, and they won . It certainly wasnt a gift, but a bad start for Cooper in both races , and its a different game, but he had a great day, and he can say he held his end up really well.

Next year will be another chance for all the same things to happen , and someone else will win , or they wont.

Ernee , with Febvre, Renaux, and Benistant , will be great.

The Hoff’s crash happened right in front of where I was sitting. We were next to a group of Dutch fans decked out in full orange jumpsuits and hats. Didn’t need to speak the language to figure out what they thought of it…

Post a reply to: AMA Moto Vs MXGP

The Latest