AMA Disqualification of Ray and Raper

Fog 25
Fantasy
1553rd
Edited Date/Time 3/30/2022 5:29am
How can the AMA (Promote) Ray and Raper incident in their opening promotion for Supercross after disqualifying them for the night? I hope they were at least compensated more then there fines were and what they would of made that night. Seems a little one-sided to me?
|
DonM
3/26/2022 6:46pm
Fog 25 wrote:
How can the AMA (Promote) Ray and Raper incident in their opening promotion for Supercross after disqualifying them for the night? I hope they were at...
How can the AMA (Promote) Ray and Raper incident in their opening promotion for Supercross after disqualifying them for the night? I hope they were at least compensated more then there fines were and what they would of made that night. Seems a little one-sided to me?
It’s not the AMA that’s promoting it’s Feld….Feld is the promoter and the AMA makes and upholds the rules…they are not related…
peltier626
3/26/2022 6:50pm
Fog 25 wrote:
How can the AMA (Promote) Ray and Raper incident in their opening promotion for Supercross after disqualifying them for the night? I hope they were at...
It's entertainment and ROI. They have always exploited and treated this sport as such. Meanwhile folks going bankrupt trying to support a race team. Cough cough.
Titan1
3/26/2022 6:56pm
Fog 25 wrote:
DonM wrote:
It’s not the AMA that’s promoting it’s Feld….Feld is the promoter and the AMA makes and upholds the rules…they are not related…
Even so…the fact that their actions are both punished, and promoted is ridiculous…the promoter and the sanctioning body need to get on the same page on this stuff…(I wish the promoter would conform to the sanctioning body in this instance…I hate how this sport is promoted).

The Shop

MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
3/26/2022 7:03pm
Fog 25 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
Even so…the fact that their actions are both punished, and promoted is ridiculous…the promoter and the sanctioning body need to get on the same page on...
Even so…the fact that their actions are both punished, and promoted is ridiculous…the promoter and the sanctioning body need to get on the same page on this stuff…(I wish the promoter would conform to the sanctioning body in this instance…I hate how this sport is promoted).
Not at all. ESPN makes money by bidding on the rights to the NBA. They promote all kinds of fights in promos for upcoming games because they want to make back their investment from the rights purchase. Meanwhile the NBA enforces rules and suspensions for fights that ESPN highlights.

I also doubt the AMA is smart enough and/or even care enough to attempt dictating any kind of content moratorium on a promoter/broadcaster:
mx313
3/26/2022 7:03pm
Stupid but all sports do it. Replays of foul play in that leads to redcards/ ejection in soccer, football, ice hockey etc.
And their punishment was dq and loss of night show fee. That's all.
Titan1
3/26/2022 7:08pm
DonM wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
Even so…the fact that their actions are both punished, and promoted is ridiculous…the promoter and the sanctioning body need to get on the same page on...
MxKing809 wrote:
Not at all. ESPN makes money by bidding on the rights to the NBA. They promote all kinds of fights in promos for upcoming games because...
Not at all. ESPN makes money by bidding on the rights to the NBA. They promote all kinds of fights in promos for upcoming games because they want to make back their investment from the rights purchase. Meanwhile the NBA enforces rules and suspensions for fights that ESPN highlights.

I also doubt the AMA is smart enough and/or even care enough to attempt dictating any kind of content moratorium on a promoter/broadcaster:
Well, maybe my comment was more about I hate that supercross is promoted as a side show, dare devil, extreme spectacle…rather than a real sport.
Viking782
3/26/2022 7:10pm
Probably my favorite moment of sx this season. The pussification of America continues.
USA
Fantasy
507th
3/26/2022 7:19pm
Fog 25 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
How do you feel about them showing crashes?
Titan1
3/26/2022 7:22pm
DonM wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
USA wrote:
Same as I do about the fights…less is more…
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
3/26/2022 8:15pm
Titan1 wrote:
USA wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
Drama creates interest and Interest increases ratings. Higher ratings equals more money for Feld. “You” may not like it but a lot of other people do. It’s he same deal with the monster energy girls. We all know the only reason they’re there is because people love good looking women. Good looking women sell more product and create more interest.

I certainly get where you’re coming from (even though you’re way off base since Feld promotes the altercations while the AMA hands down penalties) but let’s be real…. It would be a piss poor attempt by the promoters if they didn’t try to create more interest for a telecast.
Titan1
3/26/2022 8:30pm
USA wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
agn5008 wrote:
Drama creates interest and Interest increases ratings. Higher ratings equals more money for Feld. “You” may not like it but a lot of other people do...
Drama creates interest and Interest increases ratings. Higher ratings equals more money for Feld. “You” may not like it but a lot of other people do. It’s he same deal with the monster energy girls. We all know the only reason they’re there is because people love good looking women. Good looking women sell more product and create more interest.

I certainly get where you’re coming from (even though you’re way off base since Feld promotes the altercations while the AMA hands down penalties) but let’s be real…. It would be a piss poor attempt by the promoters if they didn’t try to create more interest for a telecast.
It is what it is…but I believe this sport-it’s athletes and race teams-are better than how it’s promoted.

Feld taking the path of least resistance, and dumbing the sport down-to a dare devil spectacle full of rebels and outcasts-to promote it doesn’t mean I have to like it.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
3/26/2022 10:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2022 4:16pm
Ray and Raper was mild, they need to ban Blackburn for the rest of the season, what a punk , he should be embarrassed.
CraigCrashes
Fantasy
1665th
3/26/2022 11:09pm
Matthes literally had a rant about this last week. It’s not the AMA, it’s Feld, just like Swap said. Two separate entities
Sawfish
3/26/2022 11:53pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2022 12:02am
DonM wrote:
It’s every promoter. How many times did we see clip of Emig kick Larocco in the 90’s? Seems like every broadcast.

With that said, AMA should have more respect for their organization and tell Feld to quit advertising fights and take outs if they’re gonna penalize for them.

And if the AMA doesn’t have the balls to approach feld, well maybe they should have thought about that before they partnered with the company that runs the circus, and Disney on ice.

But we all know the AMA is an unorganized shit show, too busy advocating for loud pipes on Harleys.
183Matt
Fantasy
1637th
3/27/2022 5:50am
lostboy819 wrote:
Ray and Raper was mild, they need to ban Blackburn for the rest of the season, what a punk , he should be embarrassed.
Agreed 100%.
Sully
3/27/2022 6:00am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2022 7:23am
Titan1 wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
Not at all. ESPN makes money by bidding on the rights to the NBA. They promote all kinds of fights in promos for upcoming games because...

Titan1 wrote:
Well, maybe my comment was more about I hate that supercross is promoted as a side show, dare devil, extreme spectacle…rather than a real sport.
Hockey is considered a real sport, and yet any time you see highlights of games on Sportscenter, they always lead with the fights. Like it or not, that’s the shit the sells.
DonM
3/27/2022 6:50am
What everybody forgets is that what made NASCAR a mainstream sport was a fight at the 1979 Daytona 500 between Donnie Alison and Cale Yarborough….every Motorsport has been trying to recreate that magic ever since…
Bruce372
3/27/2022 6:52am
MxKing809 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:
Sully wrote:
Hockey is considered a real sport, and yet any time you see highlights of games on Sportscenter, they always lead with the fights. Like it or...
Hockey is considered a real sport, and yet any time you see highlights of games on Sportscenter, they always lead with the fights. Like it or not, that’s the shit the sells.
I was just thinking the same thing.

People these days seem so easily offended, or maybe just too much time on their hands gives them opportunity to bitch about anything.

Crazy we have so many Karens in MX but I suppose they are everywhere
mooch
Fantasy
431st
3/27/2022 9:31am
Matthes literally had a rant about this last week. It’s not the AMA, it’s Feld, just like Swap said. Two separate entities
If you're referring to DonM being Swap...don't believe they are one and the same.
byke
3/27/2022 9:46am
Lol he's referring to Matthes, as in, the Pulp show. This thread is funny considering the timing. Matthes literally just made fun of people that don't know the difference between Feld and the AMA.
3/27/2022 1:20pm
mooch wrote:
If you're referring to DonM being Swap...don't believe they are one and the same.
You would be correct, they are not the same person. DonM here on vital has been around longer.
HusqFan3
3/27/2022 1:31pm
Fog 25 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
Except for the fact they're independent by design and serve completely different functions.

Feld's objective is to increase revenue by selling tickets, drive TV ratings, and market/grow the sport.

The AMA is responsible for developing and enforcing the rules for racing.

I can appreciate the optics at first glance appear contradictory by simultaneously admonishing and applauding the action. But there's a valid explanation for this as outlined above.

In short, I can assure you the AMA isnt going to consult feld's marketing department on rules enforcement issues and Feld's marketing team isn't going to consult the AMA when developing promotional material.
Leave Us To
3/28/2022 4:24pm
Titan1 wrote:
I agree that it is not right they are punished and promoted. I don't understand how your post got 8 down votes either.
SEEMEFIRST
3/28/2022 5:17pm
Ever seen a football game?
Dude breaks a leg, it leads.
Baseball?
Bench clearing fight, it leads.

I believe that the NFL, and MLB own those rights respectively, and they don't have an issue with it.

Brent
3/28/2022 5:51pm
You just watch next year - all you will see are ads for Will Smith slapping Chris Rock to promote the Oscars after they condemned it today.

The bottom line is to get viewers.
plowboy
3/28/2022 6:11pm
Titan1 wrote:
Lol...hold on there horsecollar...SX is the absolute definition of a sideshow, daredevil, extreme spectacle. It's only us bike goons that consider it a sport. Most everybody in the country has some concept of auto racing and stick/ball sports. John Q Public has no idea how skilled and professional the racers are. Tongue
Titan1
3/28/2022 6:40pm
Titan1 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Lol...hold on there horsecollar...SX is the absolute definition of a sideshow, daredevil, extreme spectacle. It's only us bike goons that consider it a sport. Most everybody...
Lol...hold on there horsecollar...SX is the absolute definition of a sideshow, daredevil, extreme spectacle. It's only us bike goons that consider it a sport. Most everybody in the country has some concept of auto racing and stick/ball sports. John Q Public has no idea how skilled and professional the racers are. Tongue
Largely because that’s how it’s promoted. People who know nothing about it, base their entire perception of it based on how it’s promoted. Which is why I hate how it’s promoted.
Titan1
3/28/2022 6:45pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Ever seen a football game? Dude breaks a leg, it leads. Baseball? Bench clearing fight, it leads. I believe that the NFL, and MLB own those...
Ever seen a football game?
Dude breaks a leg, it leads.
Baseball?
Bench clearing fight, it leads.

I believe that the NFL, and MLB own those rights respectively, and they don't have an issue with it.

ESPN isn’t the promoter of the NFL or NBA or NHL they cover the sports, own the broadcast rights…them showing the fights isn’t the same as the promoter of supercross showing the fights. I don’t follow much stick and ball sports…but when I see promotions/advertisements by the nba for the nba, it’s always dunks, long threes, steals, blocks, ankle breakers etc. (positive things about the sport that show the athleticism) I don’t recall ever seeing fights or even hard fouls promoted by the nba to sell tickets…I could probably say the same for the NFL.
Brent
3/28/2022 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2022 7:00pm
Supercross isn't a real sport, just like MonsterJam is not a real sport. The motor does all the work.

anyway, both Supercross and Monster Jam are promoted by the same guy right? The guy who used to run Ringling Brother Circus?

Supercross is just another circus, except with pretty Monster girls with big boobs on the starting line. The real athletes are in the NFL and NBA and Pro golf.

If Supercross is a real sport with real athletes, how come it's not on SportsCenter or on the evening sports part of the news every night?

If Supercross is a real sport, how come most of the time you have to subscribe to a pay service to watch it?

If Supercross is a real sport, how come the riders have to pay to race? How come the guys out of the top 10 only get paid gas money?

If Supercross is a real sport, how come there is no rider's union? Every real sport has a union to protect them.

Post a reply to: AMA Disqualification of Ray and Raper

The Latest