AMA 450 riders lame

Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 6:37am
I'm a fan of both series. I have respect for all riders. But the top guys in AMA 450 class should stop messing about with a national series & step up to GP racing. What are they trying to prove beating a bunch of privateers each wk end ? Roczen coming from last to lead in 1 lap at Millville is an embarrassment to the AMA 450 class. The top AMA guys need to be racing the rest of the top guys from around the world, traveling to different countries & racing the different style tracks. Staying national is lame. Let the Nationals be a feeder series to a proper World Series & stop sand bagging !
|
HenryA
9/27/2016 2:46am
"Step up to GP racing?"
Racing the GP's includes: Shitty tracks, less money, less competition. Sounds like a great idea! Woohoo
Crush
9/27/2016 2:48am
Look at all these crackpots coming out of the wood work.

The Shop

9/27/2016 2:55am
mitchell 8 wrote:
I'm a fan of both series. I have respect for all riders. But the top guys in AMA 450 class should stop messing about with a...
I'm a fan of both series. I have respect for all riders. But the top guys in AMA 450 class should stop messing about with a national series & step up to GP racing. What are they trying to prove beating a bunch of privateers each wk end ? Roczen coming from last to lead in 1 lap at Millville is an embarrassment to the AMA 450 class. The top AMA guys need to be racing the rest of the top guys from around the world, traveling to different countries & racing the different style tracks. Staying national is lame. Let the Nationals be a feeder series to a proper World Series & stop sand bagging !
Last to lead in 1 lap? That was definitely an awesome moto but let's not exaggerate that much.
TXDirt
9/27/2016 3:01am
There is some truth in this. Go look at the 450 overall point standings. I can't recall ever seeing a weaker top ten group. A lot of that has to do with injuries of course. But attrition is also part of the game. Outside of Roczen, Eli and Barcia, and Musquin the top ten in the US this year was pretty weak.

Basically the top 5 from each series are rock stars. The 6-10 riders in GP are stronger competition then the AMA top ten. I don't think you can dispute that.

I will definitely be buying the MXGP streaming package next year. The Europeans have really come on strong these last 4-6 years. The tracks are gnarly, and overall the field is deeper. the racing seems to be better them what the AMA riders are producing right now.
hillbilly
9/27/2016 3:06am
mitchell 8 wrote:
I'm a fan of both series. I have respect for all riders. But the top guys in AMA 450 class should stop messing about with a...
Our 3rd place guy just rode away from all your guys,even the herlings, sober up and take a mulligun.
hillbilly
9/27/2016 3:09am
TXDirt wrote:
There is some truth in this. Go look at the 450 overall point standings. I can't recall ever seeing a weaker top ten group. A lot...
There is some truth in this. Go look at the 450 overall point standings. I can't recall ever seeing a weaker top ten group. A lot of that has to do with injuries of course. But attrition is also part of the game. Outside of Roczen, Eli and Barcia, and Musquin the top ten in the US this year was pretty weak.

Basically the top 5 from each series are rock stars. The 6-10 riders in GP are stronger competition then the AMA top ten. I don't think you can dispute that.

I will definitely be buying the MXGP streaming package next year. The Europeans have really come on strong these last 4-6 years. The tracks are gnarly, and overall the field is deeper. the racing seems to be better them what the AMA riders are producing right now.
Come on man,they start 30 guys at most,when they go to 3rd world shit holes maybe 20.

They dont do a grinding sx series straight into a 40 rider meat grinder like here.

We have always been the best,since 1776 on,they just cant deal.
51xc
9/27/2016 3:13am
HenryA wrote:
"Step up to GP racing?"
Racing the GP's includes: Shitty tracks, less money, less competition. Sounds like a great idea! Woohoo
less competition? we had 5 different overall winners in mxgp class alone. with herlings and anstie moving up next year it will be even more competitive.
Plugga
9/27/2016 3:13am
mitchell 8 wrote:
We have been over this a thousand times already. It's not sandbagging. The proper term is "cherry picking".
TXDirt
9/27/2016 3:16am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 3:27am
TXDirt wrote:
There is some truth in this. Go look at the 450 overall point standings. I can't recall ever seeing a weaker top ten group. A lot...

hillbilly wrote:
Come on man,they start 30 guys at most,when they go to 3rd world shit holes maybe 20. They dont do a grinding sx series straight into...
Come on man,they start 30 guys at most,when they go to 3rd world shit holes maybe 20.

They dont do a grinding sx series straight into a 40 rider meat grinder like here.

We have always been the best,since 1776 on,they just cant deal.
I don't disagree with you. They never have full gates. But I mean who really is watching the 30-40 place riders anyways.

Bloss and Nicoleti finished 5,6 in points. They would both get destroyed at a GP race. That's no diss on them. Great riders but not on the same level as the 5,6 riders at the GPs.

I agree with you on the meat grinder of SX and MX.

If people don't get injured then the US has a great deep 450 field. Maybe this year was particularly bad. Dungey, Anderson, Canard, Seeley, etc all missed significant time.

We can only compare the end results and this years top 10 were pretty weak. If you add in the guys who were injured then those 6-10 place guys are really 16-20 place normally.

That was more or less my point. If they are normally 15-20 here then obviously they are not top 10 GP either.

Edit:

Dean Wilson got 15th at GH GP and Nicoleti got 15th at the Other USGP.

That sounds about right. Yet many would consider Dean a top 10 US rider and Nicoleti finished 5 overall in the "premiere" 450 class in the US.

So yes, the GPs appear to have deeper field.
a22
9/27/2016 3:37am
mitchell 8 wrote:
Doesn't sound like you are a fan of both series- you are saying that staying in AMA is lame! How is that being a fan?!

Also Roczen would probably rip through the pack in GP's exactly the same as he does in AMA to win! (or quicker still)

Also AMA Anderson just beat some of the very best GP riders with a busted foot!

'Feeder Series'... ahahha- funny !! I wonder if Kenny sees it as that? If so he has made a huge mistake in leaving the Proper World Series and joining just a feeder series.

Your just having a laugh aren't you?!
TXDirt
9/27/2016 3:43am
I need to get my post count up too! Good stuff here.
a22
9/27/2016 3:45am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 3:48am
Its a sea of popcorn..... a popcornfest...

.... and a load of old baloney... (AMA feeder series that is)

Post a reply to: AMA 450 riders lame

The Latest