AJ Cantanzaro to PC?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/16/2021 8:09 AM

AJ has expressed interest in racing 250's
I'd like to see what he could do on a PC bike with a proper off season of training!
And the world is Changing there is more to choosing a rider these days than just results, AJ has a great following and with his YouTube channel he will bring fans And SALES!
To any team he goes to! Similar to Dean Wilson.
If Not PC what 250 team do you think would be a good fit for AJ? Photo

|

9/16/2021 8:11 AM

Privateer.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/16/2021 8:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2021 8:14 AM

That would be one of the worst hires in motocross history.

|

9/16/2021 8:15 AM

I think AJ is awesome but I don't see him as Factory Rider material, unfortunately. There are just too many young guns coming up, along with established guys to even consider that move.

|

9/16/2021 8:15 AM

I know it's a stretch and he has seemed more into YouTube than results especially last year, But I do believe he is very talented. And capable of top 10's maybe better on a good bike ( If he was giving 100%)

|

9/16/2021 8:17 AM

El oh el

|

9/16/2021 8:17 AM

Punctuation is key....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

9/16/2021 8:18 AM

Kyle978 wrote:

That's a bold statement, Quite frankly un called for Kyle.

|

9/16/2021 8:18 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

Punctuation is key....

I'm a Dirt bike lover not a scholastic spelling bee champion

|

9/16/2021 8:19 AM

He’s no Cade Clason tongue

|

9/16/2021 8:20 AM

Kyle978 wrote:

Markee wrote:

That's a bold statement, Quite frankly un called for Kyle.

How much weight is put on sales and Fans these days 🤔
Because that part is undeniable.

|

9/16/2021 8:31 AM

Yeah, there is more to it than just results but results are still at the top of the list by a large margin.

|

9/16/2021 8:45 AM

Not going to happen. I could see a guest spot or something if his YouTube viewership ever gets big enough.

But AJ is definitely finding his own groove and niche and I hope his brand continues to grow. I could also see him doing some TV commentary someday when his riding days are winding down.

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

9/16/2021 8:48 AM

Gonna be a long off season blink

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

9/16/2021 9:03 AM

ocscottie wrote:

We Gotta talk about something lol 😆

|

9/16/2021 9:07 AM

Dirtbikeracer wrote:

How much weight is put on sales and Fans these days
Because that part is undeniable.

At PC, probably Zero. Mitch wants to win races.

|

9/16/2021 9:07 AM

He was nowhere near making a main event this year and doesn’t seem to have the desire anymore to train to make it at that level.

He has other things outside of racing going on too.

|

9/16/2021 9:10 AM

Dirtbikeracer wrote:

I know it's a stretch and he has seemed more into YouTube than results especially last year, But I do believe he is very ...more

If they hire him as a marketing gimmick, that's one thing. (And by gimmick I don't mean to bash what he is doing, he appears to be making a decent living with the gig that he has developed!!!!!)

But for actual racing, usually the process is that you give 100% THEN get the good ride, not get the good ride and promised that you will up your effort to 100%.

So I doubt that, from a racing perspective, he gets an official ride with a top team. But to be honest he would probably have to take a pretty serious pay cut because if he was giving 100% to that effort he probably couldn't put out the amount and quality of content that he does now.

He seems to have a good thing going, why rock the boat too much for probably less pay?

|

9/16/2021 9:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2021 9:19 AM

Dirtbikeracer wrote:

I know it's a stretch and he has seemed more into YouTube than results especially last year, But I do believe he is very ...more

APLMAN99 wrote:

If they hire him as a marketing gimmick, that's one thing. (And by gimmick I don't mean to bash what he is doing, he appears ...more

I agree and he does seem to have a good thing going, the only reason would be to Go for good results and chase the dream! He has stared a few times on his vlogs that he would like to do at least one more serious attempt with a full off season of training, and that he would like to do it on a 250. That's why I said it in the first place.
*That and I like to try to make threads that get people to actually have conversation

|

9/16/2021 9:32 AM

ocscottie wrote:

Very….and it’s just beginning…

|

“I’m not Swap…”

9/16/2021 9:42 AM

Shock has made the most improvement and consistently top 10 this year, so he would be my choice to bring on to a factory level 250 ride.

|

Thanks for your Support
100%, Mobius, Sunstar, Pirelli, Odi, Acerbis, Beck's Tech Suspension and Tuning, Arma Sport, Works Connection, Mojo Motorsports, Ride Engineering

9/16/2021 9:43 AM

Never liked the guy.

|

Current Rides: 2019 YZ450F & 2015 YZ250
Past Rides: 2018 YZ125, 2007 YZ250, 2005 YZ250F

9/16/2021 9:48 AM

AJ is awesome. But nah to PC

|

9/16/2021 9:56 AM

There are not enough carrots on the planet to ram into your ears, thinking Catanzaro would have a shot at a factory ride. Nice guy, but come on....

|

The artist formerly known as "hamncheeze". Old MXer, now Superfan.

9/16/2021 10:04 AM

Kyle978 wrote:

Imma gonna go the other way.... AJ with a premium program would be a completely different animal... dude has decent skill but has heaps of determination.... and considering the results of the pc team this year, he would have beat them all except shimoda....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

9/16/2021 10:24 AM

Man Pro Circuit seems to be the chosen one for any rider looking for a ride in 2022. LOL

|

9/16/2021 10:59 AM

gt80rider wrote:

Imma gonna go the other way.... AJ with a premium program would be a completely different animal... dude has decent skill but ...more

Sarcasm?

|

9/16/2021 11:04 AM

AJ filled in for a couple 250SX already for Mitch years ago from what I remember.

|

9/16/2021 11:14 AM

AJ already did a video saying he was not riding a Kawasaki next year. I had the impression he already knew what he was doing but it just wasn't announced yet. I think the guess is Honda based on his interaction with Jett and Hunter. No idea if it is HRC but I doubt it. Honda also had the majority of the youtube moto bloggers to the CRF250R launch in Oregon. This seems to be a new direction in Honda marketing. It is possible they would give him a bike just to get it in more of the youtube videos. I suspect the target audience (at least the younger riders) for 250 mx bikes probably watches a decent amount of youtube.

|

9/16/2021 11:18 AM

I think if PC wanted to cash in on his social media presence...they'd just sponsor him and give him some free product and/or a cash in his pocket...and that would be far more bang for the buck than spending all the money to take him racing...

The race team is all about winning races...that won't happen with AJ...as much as I like him and what he's doing to make a living.

|