AJ

Void Main
Edited Date/Time 1/20/2012 12:43am
You didn't happen to see any giant yellow chickens this past weekend did you? Smile
|
AJ
8/20/2009 10:53pm
Hmm
i dont recall giant yellow chickens?
LOL

I rode an enduro at roselawn ind,
and it runs thru the property of a nudist place
,so
i saw lots of nekkid people cheering on us riders,
and hanging around near the checks..
most of them you wouldnt want to see nekkid,,
but a frew cute girls where also there,and strangly enough taking photos of the riders lol

the classic "summer bummer",
or the old spring one ,the *brrrr n the bush* enduros are always
well
lets just say
"interesting"
Smile
Void Main
8/21/2009 4:56am
You didn't see the big yellow chicken?!? I only rode the Sunday race and the giant chicken was at the 2nd to last check. A few of my buds rode both days and they saw it on Saturday so I assumed you saw it too. Smile That was my first time there and when I finished swore it would be my last time. We'll see. Smile We did pull in while Saturday's race was going on. I saw a red Service Honda go through the woods behind us, thought maybe that was you.
AJ
8/21/2009 7:24am
Void Main wrote:
You didn't see the big yellow chicken?!? I only rode the Sunday race and the giant chicken was at the 2nd to last check. A few...
You didn't see the big yellow chicken?!? I only rode the Sunday race and the giant chicken was at the 2nd to last check. A few of my buds rode both days and they saw it on Saturday so I assumed you saw it too. Smile That was my first time there and when I finished swore it would be my last time. We'll see. Smile We did pull in while Saturday's race was going on. I saw a red Service Honda go through the woods behind us, thought maybe that was you.
yeah i was dieing probaby at that point!
I had decided to ride my 150RB /XR100 pit bike conversion..
and for two laps it was a great choice! Smile and a blast..
the last lap ,not so much! Grinning
it has some serious engine work into the lil XR motor,
so it doesnt kick start well at all *hot*, and bump starting in roselawn sand isnt an option either !!(stock XR100 engine would have been fine)

needless to say i stalled it during that last lap and had to push out of the woods to a paved road to *bump* start it. rhen get back to the course,,and about a mile later clipped a guys bike tire and stalled again.then repeat the finding a place ..to bump start..
and posh the bike to it,, in all that sand.. Grinning
.very hot humid and that lap killed me LOL
probably why i missed the chicken..i was looking for the truck!

had a great time though,
i like riding rosewlawns enduro,,its tough,but its supposed to be!
let me know if you head there next year..
for me the start line is about 8 minutes away. from home, so a hard event to pass up!

sounds like you had a rough day?
bike troubles or just the heat and humidity?

The Shop

Void Main
8/21/2009 7:35am
Combination of both, along with being very out of shape. I wish I had taken my YZ instead of that KDX as I probably would have had a much better time. If I had known it was going to be all sand with a lot of whoops mixed in I wouldn't have hesitated. I was on the verge of heat stroke the entire race. I actually wasn't doing all that bad until the last 10 miles which was the loop you ran on Saturday. I was completely spent when I entered that section and unfortunately for me it was the tightest section of the course. It took me a loooong time to get through that. I could barely hang on to the bars and every 1/10th miles seemed like 10 miles. Smile
TerryK
8/21/2009 8:03am
AJ was too busy looking at the "cute" naked girls to look for any big chickens.
Void Main
8/21/2009 8:22am
FUTK! As far as I know it's possible that Chicken wasn't even there. I was delirious by that point. I did get a show though. Smile
AJ
8/21/2009 10:54am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:41am
LOL i thnk the chicken was there..!! i heard other guys talking about it.. Smile

but yeah i might have been looking at the girls dancing and waving instead....
kind of cool to come around a tree and have some nekkid chick cheering for you..lol

but then its a bit disturbing when instrqead of a chick, its some nekkid old guy..
!!!!!

saturdays was just that 10 mile loop , ,for 3 or 4 laps depending on class.
it was pretty tight ,, and that swhy the little bike was a good choice Smile
stalling it was just me spoding out the last lap..and i knew better.

jeff F. won both days!
ironman.
at 53 years old he is still as fast as ever..
ad a master at reading the course and knowing where the checks might be.

hope he gets another medal this year at the ISDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Void Main
8/21/2009 11:46am
Yeah, Jeff is the man. I should have had him get my KDX into shape before I rode it. I don't know how he was so good on one for so long. A buddy from my club won the overall in the B class both days. Oh to be young and skinny.

Post a reply to: AJ

The Latest