AER Cone Valves Quick Review

AgileMike
My first post on Vital. I've enjoyed absorbing all the information.

I just bought the AER Cone Valves from Billy at Powerband Racing. Installed on a 2016.5 SXF450FE. Was fairly happy with the WP AER 48 that came on the bike but finally at the point I could afford A Kit suspension. Have one race weekend and a few rides on them.

They work really well. I notice the biggest improvement on bumpy ruts and also a couple of times when I have blown sand ruts. They stay in the middle of the stroke and track better. Also have flat landed them a few times and they are very plush.

I would highly recommend Billy as I so called Factory Connection and Powerband Racing actually took 5 minutes to go over differences between the spring cone valves and AER cone valves. Factory connection seemed to have about 30 seconds allotted for me to place my order.

Just my .02
|
moto0852
5/12/2017 7:32pm
Thanks for the feedback. I've been interested in the AER (vs. spring) Cone valves since they came out (cause, you know, I like to find reasons to not fund frivolous things in my life like retirement accounts and college education funds) and my moto addiction seems to fill that need.

The only test review I've seen on them is in the most recent MXA and I have to say it wasnt really glowing. Made me want to pass on spending the 3600 bucks.
5/12/2017 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2017 7:37pm
So what did you do with the AER 48 forks?

Signed,

4CS Owner
swatdoc
5/12/2017 8:52pm
I just got a pair of the CV AER's from Billy. My first ride wont be for a few weeks though.

What were the pluses/minuses that Billy stated for the AER vs spring CV's?

Will be interesting if they make a spring conversion for the AER CV's that uses only one spring on the air side. I know they have it for the traditional AER forks, but doubt it would work on the CV's.
AgileMike
5/12/2017 9:31pm
According to Billy you cannot convert AER cone valves to springs.

And I'm planning on selling my 48AER to one my riding buddies. I have 3 of them with 4CS so I think one will buy for sure.

The Shop

moto0852
5/12/2017 10:28pm
Is there any advantages to use AER CVs VS Spring CVs, just weight?
Weight and based on MXA's review...a less planted overall feel.
aees
5/21/2017 3:57pm
what settings are you running? im testing the fork right now. superior to stock aer 48, cv aer feels like a spring fork. weight 7.6kg.
aees
6/15/2017 3:36pm
AgileMike wrote:
My first post on Vital. I've enjoyed absorbing all the information. I just bought the AER Cone Valves from Billy at Powerband Racing. Installed on a...
My first post on Vital. I've enjoyed absorbing all the information.

I just bought the AER Cone Valves from Billy at Powerband Racing. Installed on a 2016.5 SXF450FE. Was fairly happy with the WP AER 48 that came on the bike but finally at the point I could afford A Kit suspension. Have one race weekend and a few rides on them.

They work really well. I notice the biggest improvement on bumpy ruts and also a couple of times when I have blown sand ruts. They stay in the middle of the stroke and track better. Also have flat landed them a few times and they are very plush.

I would highly recommend Billy as I so called Factory Connection and Powerband Racing actually took 5 minutes to go over differences between the spring cone valves and AER cone valves. Factory connection seemed to have about 30 seconds allotted for me to place my order.

Just my .02
what settings are you running? im testing the fork right now. superior to stock aer 48, cv aer feels like a spring fork. weight 7.6kg.

Post a reply to: AER Cone Valves Quick Review

The Latest