ADVERTISEMENT | ADVERTISE WITH US INAUGURAL DAYTONA VINTAGE SX HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH RCSX

stillwelding
Edited Date/Time 12/23/2018 2:29pm
Copy of my post on RacerX. Are they really gonna let Vintage bikes on the Daytona SX track?

|
Lucifa.
12/20/2018 3:45pm
That would be great! The more racing the better.
12/22/2018 7:58pm
As much as I would like to relive my Daytona Amateur SX success from 1982 & 1983 (2nd in Open B 82, 1st in Open B 83) they have priced me out of the market. Even AHRMA is not this expensive.

$80 per class entry, $30 admission and 26 gates defeat the whole idea of vintage racing. It's normal for vintage guys to line up for at least 4 classes over a weekend. Do the math and you're knocking on a $500 day pretty quickly.

Not to mention it's yet another attempt at changing the structure of vintage racing.

And who thought it would be a good idea not to have a 70+ class? It's not uncommon to find 70 & 80 year old riders at vintage races.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
12/23/2018 6:20am
Oh wow. I might have to try to get to Florida for this.

The Shop

brocster
12/23/2018 6:38am
Copy of my post on RacerX. Are they really gonna let Vintage bikes on the Daytona SX track? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/12/20/311659/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img]
Copy of my post on RacerX. Are they really gonna let Vintage bikes on the Daytona SX track?

I doubt it will be much of a SX track after the amateurs and the atv’s have had their go at it and I would like to believe that the powers at be have a plan for the Vintage SX with track accomodations as such...
DC
12/23/2018 7:39am
Davethevintageguy, those are good points. This is really our first crack at a big vintage race and we're learning some of this as we go. The multi-class thing is something we will look at for charging less for added classes/bikes, and if we have enough older riders we will definitely carve out a place for them moving forward. And yes, the track will be tamer than Saturday's real SX and Sunday/Monday's amateur. It is supposed to be a serious fun race -- with fun being the key word -- and of course safe for all.

We also asked the speedway to let guys display their bikes in the infield fan zone on Saturday during the pro SX and they thought it was a great idea.

DC
Racer X
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
12/23/2018 2:29pm
DC wrote:
Davethevintageguy, those are good points. This is really our first crack at a big vintage race and we're learning some of this as we go. The...
Davethevintageguy, those are good points. This is really our first crack at a big vintage race and we're learning some of this as we go. The multi-class thing is something we will look at for charging less for added classes/bikes, and if we have enough older riders we will definitely carve out a place for them moving forward. And yes, the track will be tamer than Saturday's real SX and Sunday/Monday's amateur. It is supposed to be a serious fun race -- with fun being the key word -- and of course safe for all.

We also asked the speedway to let guys display their bikes in the infield fan zone on Saturday during the pro SX and they thought it was a great idea.

DC
Racer X
Is the 1975 KX allowed in the vintage class? Just about every series allows these bikes to run in the 1974 and older class.

Post a reply to: ADVERTISEMENT | ADVERTISE WITH US INAUGURAL DAYTONA VINTAGE SX HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH RCSX

The Latest