AC92 Alpinestars

aroark247
8/8/2019 10:21am
Does Ac92 go back to an Alpinestars gear deal or does Fox buy another top athlete? Or some other brand?
|
MZ193
8/8/2019 11:31am
what? he just presented FOX mx 20
Shawn142
8/8/2019 11:33am
MZ193 wrote:
what? he just presented FOX mx 20
That doesn't mean he's signed with Fox in 2020. He's just being used for promotion while under contract though the team gear sponsor.
Motofinne
8/8/2019 11:56am
I'm gonna guess he goes Astars because of two reasons.

1. He was with Astars all (?) of his amateur career.
2. I'm pretty sure that Astars would match anything Fox would offer Adam since having both factory Kawasaki riders in Astars would be pretty good for them.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
8/8/2019 11:57am
aroark247 wrote:
Does Ac92 go back to an Alpinestars gear deal or does Fox buy another top athlete? Or some other brand?
Kind of a backhanded dig at Fox?

Adam is with Fox now, if Astars signs him wouldn’t they be the ones just buying another top athlete?

The Shop

CivBars
8/8/2019 12:00pm
If he goes with Fox then he'll most likely switch over to their helmet and goggle too.

If he goes with Alpinestars then my guess would be head to toe with Oakley goggles.

He used to wear Thor as well.
Johnny Ringo
8/8/2019 12:02pm
CivBars wrote:
If he goes with Fox then he'll most likely switch over to their helmet and goggle too. If he goes with Alpinestars then my guess would...
If he goes with Fox then he'll most likely switch over to their helmet and goggle too.

If he goes with Alpinestars then my guess would be head to toe with Oakley goggles.

IDK, he has a long relationship with Bell.
Dani247
8/8/2019 12:03pm
I think he will stay with FOX, but using Shift Jersey and Pants, the same deal Ken had in 2017.
ga_pike
8/8/2019 12:04pm
Wrangler and Dickies FTW!
O&GDriller
8/8/2019 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2019 12:33pm
Off topic but my question is serious and I'm not trolling. I'm truly curious why anybody would care what boot or gear or goggles or ??? another rider wears? The fact that the OP asked the question indicates he cares but I struggle to understand or appreciate why? I wear the boots and gear that best suit my needs, not based on the "stuff" another man wears. What am I missing?

I find it hard to imagine a rider would base his choice of gear, equipment or bikes based upon what some Pro rider wears. This concept defies logic for me?
MZ193
8/8/2019 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2019 12:23pm
O&GDriller wrote:
Off topic but my question is serious and I'm not trolling. I'm truly curious why anybody would care what boot or gear or goggles or...
Off topic but my question is serious and I'm not trolling. I'm truly curious why anybody would care what boot or gear or goggles or ??? another rider wears? The fact that the OP asked the question indicates he cares but I struggle to understand or appreciate why? I wear the boots and gear that best suit my needs, not based on the "stuff" another man wears. What am I missing?

I find it hard to imagine a rider would base his choice of gear, equipment or bikes based upon what some Pro rider wears. This concept defies logic for me?
I guess it’s because we’re fans and we want to know everything is possible to know. We’re curious, i’ve never really questioned myself why i care so much about this stuff, but i do. LOL.
Anyway i use Gaerne boots, Thor/Progrip complete and AGV helmets, so yeah i dont buy stuff because i’ve seen a pro using it. In europe Gaerne’s are not so common, also thor or progrip. And i think that in MXGP and SX there arent more than 10 riders using AGV’s helmets
8/8/2019 12:24pm
O&GDriller wrote:
Off topic but my question is serious and I'm not trolling. I'm truly curious why anybody would care what boot or gear or goggles or...

You are not going to buy a gear because Adam or Richard is wearing it but you will definitly know more about the brand's colorways, materials and history if Adams wears it instead of Richard. Basically because no one knows who Richard is but you do follow Adams life and so you do empathize more with him.

I don't know if FOX would be interested in matching Astars offer knowing that there's a cool guy in europe named Prado who has a bright future and is wearing Answer.
RonJon
8/8/2019 12:28pm
Fox has deeper pockets than A-Stars. I see them retaining him.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
8/8/2019 1:06pm
aroark247 wrote:
Ramrod wrote:

Adam is with Fox now, if Astars signs him wouldn’t they be the ones just buying another top athlete?
This.
News flash: All top pro riders get paid for the gear they are wearing. Therefore, all gear brands simply "buy" another top athlete.
Hudd_421
8/8/2019 1:24pm
I can see Fox holding on to him. Other than Kenny, they don't have a TOP guy. Astars has Eli, Barcia and Anderson in full gear and boots. There's been talk of Gabriel spending insane amounts of cash on riders, but can they really justify another half a mil salary for another top 10 rider when they have 3 great riders already.

Interested to see if he's Fox head to toe, or if he'll be able to work in a Bell deal (He's ridden with them as an amateur) and a goggle deal.
kb228
8/8/2019 1:25pm
O&GDriller wrote:

I was about to ask the same thing. But here i am looking for the inside scoop on ac’s gear for next year.

That being said,

Bell, thor, astars boots
BigDaddyG
8/8/2019 1:27pm
Hudd_421 wrote:
I can see Fox holding on to him. Other than Kenny, they don't have a TOP guy. Astars has Eli, Barcia and Anderson in full gear...
I can see Fox holding on to him. Other than Kenny, they don't have a TOP guy. Astars has Eli, Barcia and Anderson in full gear and boots. There's been talk of Gabriel spending insane amounts of cash on riders, but can they really justify another half a mil salary for another top 10 rider when they have 3 great riders already.

Interested to see if he's Fox head to toe, or if he'll be able to work in a Bell deal (He's ridden with them as an amateur) and a goggle deal.
Rumor has it Eli is a million from AStars. I would love to see him in Oneal or something cool like that......I know they probably can't drop that 300-500K per year for a rider of AC's stature but it would be cool Smile
WarrenMX
8/8/2019 1:30pm
RonJon wrote:
I don't think that's true. Given that A-Stars sponsor Moto GP and Formula 1 athletes, I'd take a guess and say that moto salaries are minuscule by comparison.
Mr. Afterbar
8/8/2019 1:30pm
aroark247 wrote:
Ramrod wrote:

He only switched because it's a team deal with PC. If he could have chosen, he'd have been in Astars the whole time.
BigDaddyG
8/8/2019 1:31pm
I could also see him going to Answer Racing following in the footsteps of his mentor, NYK. That would be cool to.
Lastander
8/8/2019 1:32pm
RonJon wrote:
WarrenMX wrote:
I don't think that's true. Given that A-Stars sponsor Moto GP and Formula 1 athletes, I'd take a guess and say that moto salaries are minuscule...
I don't think that's true. Given that A-Stars sponsor Moto GP and Formula 1 athletes, I'd take a guess and say that moto salaries are minuscule by comparison.
Mx is pennies for what they make annually in F1, motogp or asphalt racing in general
DonM
8/8/2019 1:37pm
aroark247 wrote:
Ramrod wrote:

Fox is a team sponsor of Pro circuit....not Adam's. He's going to cause quite a bidding war for gear....nobody outspends AStar right now...but I would suspect that the only two gear companies that will be bidding is Fox and AStar
8/8/2019 1:37pm
Dani247 wrote:
I think he will stay with FOX, but using Shift Jersey and Pants, the same deal Ken had in 2017.
I am genuinely digging this idea. I also like Shift's stuff more than Fox's for 2020 and rumor is there's some retro shift kits coming out later this year too so it would be sweet to see probably my favorite rider, on my favorite team, rocking new versions of some of my favorite gear set ever.
mxb2
8/8/2019 1:42pm
Dani247 wrote:
I am genuinely digging this idea. I also like Shift's stuff more than Fox's for 2020 and rumor is there's some retro shift kits coming out...
I am genuinely digging this idea. I also like Shift's stuff more than Fox's for 2020 and rumor is there's some retro shift kits coming out later this year too so it would be sweet to see probably my favorite rider, on my favorite team, rocking new versions of some of my favorite gear set ever.
Yep early. Sept. You will like it
RonJon
8/8/2019 1:49pm
RonJon wrote:
WarrenMX wrote:
I don't think that's true. Given that A-Stars sponsor Moto GP and Formula 1 athletes, I'd take a guess and say that moto salaries are minuscule...
Fox is backed by a multi-billion dollar private equity group.
dadofagun
Fantasy
2117th
8/8/2019 2:00pm
RonJon wrote:
I do not in anyway see this as reality....... Fox is big, A-stars is HUGE. They were around long before Moto-X Fox got in the game, way back in 1963.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/8/2019 2:06pm
Hudd_421 wrote:
I can see Fox holding on to him. Other than Kenny, they don't have a TOP guy. Astars has Eli, Barcia and Anderson in full gear...

Other than Kenny they might not have another top guy but they do have Reed. Reed brings a lot of eyeballs to the brand.

kb228
8/8/2019 5:50pm
HJC helmet, moose gear, O'Neal boots.
Visor all the way down too
Spooner
8/8/2019 6:08pm
I'm sure Fox will want a head to toe but I've heard he's very tight with the Bell guys so getting him in another helmet might be tough. Astars seems more willing to allow another helmet but I know they would love to do a head to toe with him as well. I'm sure more than a few brands will be throwing their hat in the ring.
CivBars
8/8/2019 6:35pm
CivBars wrote:
If he goes with Fox then he'll most likely switch over to their helmet and goggle too. If he goes with Alpinestars then my guess would...

IDK, he has a long relationship with Bell.
From minis? Yeah. That was before Alpinestars had a helmet and he wore a Thor lid when he turned pro for PC. Now he's in a Bell as part of the team deal with PC. I only see him staying in a Bell if he goes with Thor, which is probably a stretch.

Shift would be pretty cool but I'm thinking he'll be in Fox everything.

Post a reply to: AC92 Alpinestars

The Latest