AC9 BFRC

RCMXracing
1/13/2020 9:51pm
Will the BFRC shock replace air forks as the suspension component that people who haven’t tried it will cry about it and cause it’s demise?
Truer words never spoken. There are factory teams still using air. Whistling
Be curious to know the number of teams and riders using spring vs. air, but air lives on!
1/13/2020 10:40pm
ML512 wrote:
I've personally ridden a works version of the BFRC on a few different occasions and have gone through the internal differences. It's a bit different than...
I've personally ridden a works version of the BFRC on a few different occasions and have gone through the internal differences. It's a bit different than what's in the production version...namely what's going on with the piston/plunger. It has much better high speed damping characteristics for both comp and rebound.
So it‘s basically a copy of the Öhlins TTX now?

The Shop

Mr. Afterbar
1/14/2020 4:41am
Will the BFRC shock replace air forks as the suspension component that people who haven’t tried it will cry about it and cause it’s demise?
The same thing happens with Suzuki..
Yep. Sheep.
1/14/2020 5:08am
JGR was running the BFRC two years ago, and from ML512, it was actually a part of Suzuki deal for them to run another 450. I believe about midway through that outdoor season, they defected from it.

Savagty was on the same suspension setup last year; surely they at minimum had a solid baseline to work from.

Just remember, even Star Racing Yamaha is still on that "crappy" air fork.
aeffertz
1/14/2020 7:09am
Except there were some pretty bad air forks...
crf250pilot
1/14/2020 7:14am
Sorry, thought this was a thread for a new spark plug. Carry on.
Mr. Afterbar
1/14/2020 7:51am
aeffertz wrote:
There were. They didn’t have time to evolve. Some of the pros still use them.
1/14/2020 7:54am
aeffertz wrote:
I think there's been some pretty bad forks of every design.
yz133rider
1/14/2020 8:46am
Any air fork arguments here are funny. As if the specs, settings, internals etc are the same as we got from the showroom. And as if the requirements of top pros are remotely the same as a local rider.

But for what its worth, I had 2 sets of air forks, tac forks blew, aer were decent. But once i rode spring forks again id prefer to not go back.
Steve125
Fantasy
2787th
1/14/2020 8:49am
My BFRC isn't that bad but if I had to give an opinion I'd say it feels kinda Dead, and it blows through the high speed compression too fast. Mine was revalved and resprung by Factory Connection and I am planning to call them to see if any further testing has found an improved setting that addresses my issues with it. I think baseline BFRC data is limited because there is just not many 18-Up Zook 450s out there racing. I think I was 1 of only 3 or 4 Zook 450 riders in NESC last season.
WS728
Fantasy
1293rd
1/14/2020 10:34am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 12:19pm
ML512 wrote:
I've personally ridden a works version of the BFRC on a few different occasions and have gone through the internal differences. It's a bit different than...
I've personally ridden a works version of the BFRC on a few different occasions and have gone through the internal differences. It's a bit different than what's in the production version...namely what's going on with the piston/plunger. It has much better high speed damping characteristics for both comp and rebound.
ML, do the works versions have a normal piston with valving on it like Ohlins TTX shocks do? I was told years ago that Ohlins didn't use a solid piston off-road because the range of shaft velocities the shock had to deal with was too extreme compared to on-road stuff. Assuming that was true, I've always expected someone to come up with a normal piston for the BFRC, and then stiffen the valving in the head to make it behave more like a TTX...

Also: Any idea if they have an adjustable bleed around the main piston in the Works units like the old "Chassis Stability Control" valve on the early TTX shocks?

Post a reply to: AC9 BFRC

The Latest