AC9 Arm issues

soresammy
11/24/2022 5:57pm
This “321 go” or “annnd go” bullshit has got to stop
Lol I literally forgot I started this thread, vital gatekeepers crack me up getting triggered over the 321 go XD It’s so funny how a valid...
Lol I literally forgot I started this thread, vital gatekeepers crack me up getting triggered over the 321 go XD

It’s so funny how a valid rumor regarding AC9 can get drowned out by the anger over Cooksey... like you guys realize you are giving him more attention. I personally love how much of a sh*tstorm he stirs up, and the 321 go was in reference to everyone freaking out about his name being mentioned, rather than focusing on the relevant title thread/rumor. My prediction was dead on..

He owns you guys, rent free, and he’s profiting off it. Good for him. Btw HUGE AC9 fan here, but I’ll be bumping this when he’s on the sidelines by East coast, since nobody wants to talk about moto rumors on a moto forum, when there’s literally nothing else to talk about right now XD

See you all in January, and take a step outside today! Cooksey won’t hurt you!
"He owns you rent free" Durrrrr! That was a good line about 3-4 yrs ago. Now you're just a dork when you use it.
One of the worst phrases ever.
11/24/2022 6:04pm
Lol I literally forgot I started this thread, vital gatekeepers crack me up getting triggered over the 321 go XD It’s so funny how a valid...
Lol I literally forgot I started this thread, vital gatekeepers crack me up getting triggered over the 321 go XD

It’s so funny how a valid rumor regarding AC9 can get drowned out by the anger over Cooksey... like you guys realize you are giving him more attention. I personally love how much of a sh*tstorm he stirs up, and the 321 go was in reference to everyone freaking out about his name being mentioned, rather than focusing on the relevant title thread/rumor. My prediction was dead on..

He owns you guys, rent free, and he’s profiting off it. Good for him. Btw HUGE AC9 fan here, but I’ll be bumping this when he’s on the sidelines by East coast, since nobody wants to talk about moto rumors on a moto forum, when there’s literally nothing else to talk about right now XD

"He owns you rent free" Durrrrr! That was a good line about 3-4 yrs ago. Now you're just a dork when you use it.
soresammy wrote:
One of the worst phrases ever.
He should be along shortly to call us boomers. Oohhh slam!
11/24/2022 7:36pm
FerCzD wrote:
Their career on the premier class is very similar, however AC9 is nowhere close to TP, he is a legend, AC9 not so much.
Travis isn't a legend because of motocross
Travis won the 125 outdoor title his rookie year at age 16 or 17. That seems legendary to me. But agree his legendary label is for...
Travis won the 125 outdoor title his rookie year at age 16 or 17. That seems legendary to me. But agree his legendary label is for what he did outside of motocross… starting with the X Games.
Travis should’ve had the 01 title also. The crashes and ko,s where big ones. At Millville he was passing out or blacking out while racing. Everyone in America knows Travis. I met a chic last summer from DC she knows nothing about Mx but knows Of Travis. He was doing a stunt in DC and they closed a important bridge. Big deal because it would cripple traffic for 20 hrs across 3 states. Ac9 washed the front end out at Millville in the sweeper that a lot riders ovr time did. Seemed like he blamed his elbow on the crash. When I don’t think it was his elbow , the track is slick under the sand there. Then he has his nerve worked on . I called big mistake then. I had a more major elbow surgery. A 2 incision, 2 .75 hrs just cutting on the nerve is too much. My pinky is 100% numb next finger 90% numb threw my hand into my wrist. I was worried that I wouldn’t be
Able to hang on riding
Especially with 2 fingers on the clutch but no problems really. I use 2 sided tape on the lever which helps. I was told nerve damage is permanent there’s nothing you can do.
Dirt.Squirt
11/24/2022 8:22pm

Calm down.

The Shop

thundergoat
11/24/2022 8:44pm

I don't think you understand the term "living rent free in someone's head"
It doesn't mean people just don't like the person. It's when they don't like someone, but can't stop talking/thinking about them. I don't feel like that's the case here. People will share their opinions of his work when someone posts something about his videos, but it's not like people are just going off about him willy nilly without prompt.

11/25/2022 2:11am Edited Date/Time 11/25/2022 2:12am
Travis was a legend before he even turned pro.
Exactly. Travis has done more for our sport than any other rider ever, he brought SX/MX/FMX to the mainstream. Letterman Show, Leno Show, Nitro Circus show on MTV, Nitro Circus Movie, and now a Nitro Circus Live show. Not to mention he was the biggest attraction at the X Games from 99 to whenever he stopped. Simply Put he was the X Games for a long time. A lot of people know who Travis is, outside of our small sport no one has a clue who AC is.
Spoonguy
11/25/2022 4:49am
Exactly. Travis has done more for our sport than any other rider ever, he brought SX/MX/FMX to the mainstream. Letterman Show, Leno Show, Nitro Circus show...
Exactly. Travis has done more for our sport than any other rider ever, he brought SX/MX/FMX to the mainstream. Letterman Show, Leno Show, Nitro Circus show on MTV, Nitro Circus Movie, and now a Nitro Circus Live show. Not to mention he was the biggest attraction at the X Games from 99 to whenever he stopped. Simply Put he was the X Games for a long time. A lot of people know who Travis is, outside of our small sport no one has a clue who AC is.
Yes, Travis has done a lot for this sport. From paralyzing his friend in a Corvette wreck, breaking his own mother's neck, and numerous, very public Wile E. Coyote stunts gone wrong involving him and friends, he hasn't exactly sent parents to the shops to buy PWs in droves. Travis seems like a great guy, with a lot of deep underlying emotional issues involving acceptance and approval. I hate to say but I would think it is hard to deny his shenanigans have set back the reputation for safety of this sport immeasurably.
Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
11/25/2022 6:20am
I love it when nobody "goes"
RandomUserName
Fantasy
2763rd
11/25/2022 6:24am
just watched the video. he says "I'm hearing something is wrong with his arm and it's bad."

Everyone calls him names and freaks out.

Then we have insiders come into this thread and say "My people are telling me something is wrong with AC's arm."

So why do we hate Cooksey today again? I'm a little lost.
Johnny Ringo
11/25/2022 6:28am
Exactly. Travis has done more for our sport than any other rider ever, he brought SX/MX/FMX to the mainstream. Letterman Show, Leno Show, Nitro Circus show...
Spoonguy wrote:
Yes, Travis has done a lot for this sport. From paralyzing his friend in a Corvette wreck, breaking his own mother's neck, and numerous, very public...
Yes, Travis has done a lot for this sport. From paralyzing his friend in a Corvette wreck, breaking his own mother's neck, and numerous, very public Wile E. Coyote stunts gone wrong involving him and friends, he hasn't exactly sent parents to the shops to buy PWs in droves. Travis seems like a great guy, with a lot of deep underlying emotional issues involving acceptance and approval. I hate to say but I would think it is hard to deny his shenanigans have set back the reputation for safety of this sport immeasurably.
You seem like a fun guy at parties
Flatliner
11/25/2022 9:21am
Spoonguy wrote:
Yes, Travis has done a lot for this sport. From paralyzing his friend in a Corvette wreck, breaking his own mother's neck, and numerous, very public...
So you know the details of those incidents?

He's got the sport more mainstream than anyone not named McGrath.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
11/25/2022 10:02am
Spoonguy wrote:
I tore ligaments in my knee in Pastranas foam pit and guess what, it wasn't his fault. Your take is crazy talk, now go lock your doors and barricade your windows from life.
Spoonguy
11/25/2022 1:19pm
Spoonguy wrote:
seth505 wrote:
I tore ligaments in my knee in Pastranas foam pit and guess what, it wasn't his fault. Your take is crazy talk, now go lock your...
I tore ligaments in my knee in Pastranas foam pit and guess what, it wasn't his fault. Your take is crazy talk, now go lock your doors and barricade your windows from life.
I understand your take and appreciate it, I really do. But having worked within government walls to secure riding areas or at least keep them open one of the main sticking points is the "dare devil" viewpoint of dirt bike riders. That we don't care for others safety let alone our own, that is a very common misperception of our group. Travis exacerbated this stigma and heightened it within the general public many, many times. I cringed what people who control our sports destiny thought every time he is on TV. You certainly don't have to like me saying this, and I understand off road riders not liking it. But until we start promoting our sport as somewhat safe recreation, we will be left with trails the equestrians and hikers don't want, if any at all. Like I said, very few Grandmas are running out to buy junior a PW after watching Travis sink it in the bay. We really need to work on our sports public image, by the way I never blamed Travis about your knee, it's not to the point or my business. Get well soon though. And saying Travis brought our sport to the mainstream is like saying Hazlewood brought attention to marine safety.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
11/25/2022 1:30pm
Spoonguy wrote:
seth505 wrote:
I tore ligaments in my knee in Pastranas foam pit and guess what, it wasn't his fault. Your take is crazy talk, now go lock your...
Spoonguy wrote:
I understand your take and appreciate it, I really do. But having worked within government walls to secure riding areas or at least keep them open...
I understand your take and appreciate it, I really do. But having worked within government walls to secure riding areas or at least keep them open one of the main sticking points is the "dare devil" viewpoint of dirt bike riders. That we don't care for others safety let alone our own, that is a very common misperception of our group. Travis exacerbated this stigma and heightened it within the general public many, many times. I cringed what people who control our sports destiny thought every time he is on TV. You certainly don't have to like me saying this, and I understand off road riders not liking it. But until we start promoting our sport as somewhat safe recreation, we will be left with trails the equestrians and hikers don't want, if any at all. Like I said, very few Grandmas are running out to buy junior a PW after watching Travis sink it in the bay. We really need to work on our sports public image, by the way I never blamed Travis about your knee, it's not to the point or my business. Get well soon though. And saying Travis brought our sport to the mainstream is like saying Hazlewood brought attention to marine safety.
Thanks for the well wishes, that was many years ago and my knees are currently fine. It's great that you have worked to help keep riding areas open. It sounds like that is your job in that position to paint riding in a positive light. To say that it isn't dangerous is inaccurate though. You can't really manipulate what the media is going to portray for clicks (gnarly stunts). It's no different for other sports though. Snowboarding is extremely dangerous so should it not be in the Olympics because the public could see someone get seriously hurt?
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
11/25/2022 1:38pm
Travis isn't a legend because of motocross
Were you watching Motocross and Supercross when he was racing 125s? He was absolutely a legend in his day because of motocross. Seeing him hit the supercross triples on his 125 when nobody else was, was insane. Then blitz the whoops like they were braking bumps. Then be doing Indian airs two weeks later on ESPN. Then on Jay Leno with McGrath racing in the parking lot. Travis was/is a moto legend that was able to branch out and become a legend in other forms, too.
11/25/2022 1:54pm
ya, i like TP199 but i dont think hes a good role model either, tbh.

riding with injuries and concussions is not cool
11/25/2022 2:41pm
just watched the video. he says "I'm hearing something is wrong with his arm and it's bad." Everyone calls him names and freaks out. Then we...
just watched the video. he says "I'm hearing something is wrong with his arm and it's bad."

Everyone calls him names and freaks out.

Then we have insiders come into this thread and say "My people are telling me something is wrong with AC's arm."

So why do we hate Cooksey today again? I'm a little lost.
It’s called a bandwagon and they think it’s fashionable.
Johnny Ringo
11/25/2022 2:42pm
ya, i like TP199 but i dont think hes a good role model either, tbh.

riding with injuries and concussions is not cool
Ah, one of those
Spoonguy
11/25/2022 2:56pm
seth505 wrote:
Spoonguy wrote:
I understand your take and appreciate it, I really do. But having worked within government walls to secure riding areas or at least keep them open...
seth505 wrote:
Thanks for the well wishes, that was many years ago and my knees are currently fine. It's great that you have worked to help keep riding...
Thanks for the well wishes, that was many years ago and my knees are currently fine. It's great that you have worked to help keep riding areas open. It sounds like that is your job in that position to paint riding in a positive light. To say that it isn't dangerous is inaccurate though. You can't really manipulate what the media is going to portray for clicks (gnarly stunts). It's no different for other sports though. Snowboarding is extremely dangerous so should it not be in the Olympics because the public could see someone get seriously hurt?
In this part of the country, side by sides and four wheelers are gaining miles and miles of trails annually, with specific exclusions of dirt bikes on those trails. The domestic manufacturers of those products, Polaris, and CanAm, do everything to control the media outtake of their products as a safe family sport, despite them arguably being less so. And despite many times only having a season a matter of weeks long snowmobiles are the same. These vehicles are killing our sport in terms of trails gained, KILLING us. It is not about saying the sport is safe, it is about not promoting the dangerous side. Nobody is saying our sport is totally safe, but if you think Pastrana's TV spots are not seen by people deciding who gets to ride where, I am sorry, but you are simply mistaken. Perhaps you think it is a good idea to show Pastrana and his crew's videos to the powers that be, and allow them to give the non-riding public a perception of our sport, that this is a positive image for our sport? Then I have to respectfully disagree with you. No offense intended. It's important to me my grandkid's have all the rights to ride, as I did.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
11/25/2022 4:05pm
Ill bet k roc wins a race before webb in ‘23. Doesnt count due to injuries.
JMR1976
11/25/2022 5:16pm
So who gets AC’s bike?
Roczoff
11/25/2022 6:41pm
JMR1976 wrote:
So who gets AC’s bike?
Savatgy, but only for one season before they kick him to the curb in place of someone with more injuries.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
11/25/2022 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2022 6:45pm
Roczoff wrote:
Savatgy, but only for one season before they kick him to the curb in place of someone with more injuries.
Most probably think you’re joking, but this is probably exactly what’s happening.
Forkner should be on a 450 outdoors, So they may have 3 riders come the end of May.
dedi684
11/25/2022 7:09pm
Spoonguy wrote:
seth505 wrote:
Thanks for the well wishes, that was many years ago and my knees are currently fine. It's great that you have worked to help keep riding...
Spoonguy wrote:
In this part of the country, side by sides and four wheelers are gaining miles and miles of trails annually, with specific exclusions of dirt bikes...
In this part of the country, side by sides and four wheelers are gaining miles and miles of trails annually, with specific exclusions of dirt bikes on those trails. The domestic manufacturers of those products, Polaris, and CanAm, do everything to control the media outtake of their products as a safe family sport, despite them arguably being less so. And despite many times only having a season a matter of weeks long snowmobiles are the same. These vehicles are killing our sport in terms of trails gained, KILLING us. It is not about saying the sport is safe, it is about not promoting the dangerous side. Nobody is saying our sport is totally safe, but if you think Pastrana's TV spots are not seen by people deciding who gets to ride where, I am sorry, but you are simply mistaken. Perhaps you think it is a good idea to show Pastrana and his crew's videos to the powers that be, and allow them to give the non-riding public a perception of our sport, that this is a positive image for our sport? Then I have to respectfully disagree with you. No offense intended. It's important to me my grandkid's have all the rights to ride, as I did.
Im a bit bewildered when I'm riding with the family in my side by side through ruts and mudholes and frequently come across no dirt bike signs. Smfh
11/25/2022 8:33pm
So......

How's AC'S arm? I thought he got the ulnar nerve issue sorted out last year? And he's been posting that he's been riding for a few months now. Remind me what the point of this thread was again?
H4L
11/25/2022 8:50pm
Spoonguy wrote:
Class act on your response. No need to waste your time with this squid..
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
11/25/2022 10:58pm
JMR1976 wrote:
So who gets AC’s bike?
Savatgy if he doesn’t go. Outdoors the plan is three riders with Forkner either way
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
11/26/2022 1:47am
If AC9's nagging issues are real, I expect him to still be back again unless it is medically diagnosed as unfixable AND he accepts that finding.
He is too driven and too young to hang it up IMO.
I do recall Ricky Carmichael saying he was the next big thing a decade ago, so much unfulfilled promise and such a good person to have so many injuries.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
11/26/2022 1:56am
He will be fine in the booth in 2023.
wvumounty
11/26/2022 4:44am
He can hang with his ex-baseball buddy and laugh at the world.

Post a reply to: AC9 Arm issues

The Latest