AC222 vs JH84 Works Bikes

drt410
Have you guys read this overseas test ride perspective about the differences between the two KTM's. I love all of the shootouts we do over here and when the guys test out the factory bikes, but I realized I have not once ever read any of this about the European bikes. I was interested in reading about whatever I could about what the true works bikes in MXGP truly entail since it seems like the bikes over here are about as good as it could possibly get, but turns out thats not necessarily true. It explained how at first Tony and Herlings bikes were pretty much the same as the season started, but once Herlings got injured and his results dropped way off they started going crazy with changes, to the point where he has an entirely different bike at this point. The Team owner was saying how they had to kind of do anything to get back in his head that they were changing things and that would lead to him getting confidence back and better results and at the end it ended up actually working out better because he rides with completely different needs than Tony and it ended up making him even faster than he was pre crash. Tonys bike carves like a dream and has very useable power and brakes which is pretty much what Jeffreys bike had before. At the end after all the changes Jeffreys bike now has an entirely different frame that makes wide turns but it stays pointed better, because Herlings is more of a rail the outside of a berm while pinned type of rider and since the bike has such light switch power now it needs to track straight and Tonys is more point and shoot. So Jeffreys bike now makes wider turns but tracks better, has completely unusable for almost anyone light switch insanity power, insanely strong brakes, insanely stiff suspension...etc. They said how since Tony is more of a finesse rider his bike is more about finesse, touch, feel...etc and the finished Herlings bike now feels like what you would think a true works bike would feel like... absolutely insane almost unneeded power, insane brakes, insane suspension, and turns completely different from any other KTM made. I knew since they dont have the production rule that there could be some big changes, but I didnt expect that they would have completely different frames for different riders. With the amount of changes between the bikes they're literally riding two completely different bikes. Thats crazy. Anyways its a real good read.

https://www.tmxnews.co.uk/reviews/bike-reviews/test-2017-ktm-factory-bikes/
|
Idp57
Fantasy
2607th
8/19/2018 8:27pm
That was very well written.
8/20/2018 9:18am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2018 9:20am
"" though, it was the first ever world championship title for the KTM 450 SX-F""

weird , already forgotten Cairoli used to race the 350 and did pretty good Wink

Post a reply to: AC222 vs JH84 Works Bikes

The Latest