With Anderson and Barcia back, 12th.
kpiper
5/6/2019 1:36pm
BobKerr wrote:
6th-10th his first year on a 450.
You mean not a whole lot better than Hill has done??? Smile
Zalev
5/6/2019 1:53pm
I feel like reading some "Cooper Webb is done" thread from year ago.
5/6/2019 1:59pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I Hope He stays Down 1 more year and dominates,
It will feel Good going into the Big bike class after Dominating.
Ferrandis wants to stay another year in 250 too ... what if Dylan beats him again ?? i mean AC won races but didnt dominate this...
Ferrandis wants to stay another year in 250 too ... what if Dylan beats him again ?? i mean AC won races but didnt dominate this season like Forkner did in his series
Even if that's the case, doesn't that just confirm that Ferrandis is crazy fast and would be tough competition for whoever is on his coast? Ferrandis and AC both made easy work of Forkner in the Atlanta shootout.

The Shop

kpiper
5/6/2019 2:03pm
If AC has visions of being a 450 champ he needs to move up now. Staying down only hurts that goal, not help it. JMart should have moved up after he won two titles.

If he has no big dreams of being great on the 450 then stay down and become the next Marty.
5/6/2019 2:08pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I Hope He stays Down 1 more year and dominates,
It will feel Good going into the Big bike class after Dominating.
Ferrandis wants to stay another year in 250 too ... what if Dylan beats him again ?? i mean AC won races but didnt dominate this...
Ferrandis wants to stay another year in 250 too ... what if Dylan beats him again ?? i mean AC won races but didnt dominate this season like Forkner did in his series
Even if that's the case, doesn't that just confirm that Ferrandis is crazy fast and would be tough competition for whoever is on his coast? Ferrandis...
Even if that's the case, doesn't that just confirm that Ferrandis is crazy fast and would be tough competition for whoever is on his coast? Ferrandis and AC both made easy work of Forkner in the Atlanta shootout.
agree , didnt say he wasnt .. just dont think AC is going to dominate like he said Wink
mb60
5/6/2019 2:21pm
The time is now for AC to ride the 450 not after next year. He was 1 stupid mistake away from catching and passing Mc Adoo for 2nd and winning the championship. No reason to mess around again next year and take a chance of another disaster.
Texas Built
5/6/2019 2:32pm
When does AC announce what his decision for 2020 is? By his Instagram post it almost sounds like he plans to stay in 250's.
Texas Built
5/6/2019 2:35pm
mb60 wrote:
The time is now for AC to ride the 450 not after next year. He was 1 stupid mistake away from catching and passing Mc Adoo...
The time is now for AC to ride the 450 not after next year. He was 1 stupid mistake away from catching and passing Mc Adoo for 2nd and winning the championship. No reason to mess around again next year and take a chance of another disaster.
I agree. He might not have a plastic #1 plate on his wall, but the dude is still Champ. He needs to move up and complete his training. He's not a Jedi yet.....
mb60
5/6/2019 3:28pm
When does AC announce what his decision for 2020 is? By his Instagram post it almost sounds like he plans to stay in 250's.
I got that feeling from his interview with Blair as well that he was staying in the 250 class.
Ranman68
5/6/2019 3:43pm
I can see it being totally different on a 450 for AC. His size will be a plus on the 450 I think. The dude is loaded with Talent and I certainly haven't written him off yet. He has made many mistakes at the worst times to make them, but he has also came out and smoked everybody's ass many times. Mental pressure gets the best of him, but he could overcome it. Maybe on his own or with a sports psychologist. Maybe not. Nevertheless, since he didn't win the title, the expectations of him on a 450 will be less.
On a 250 he is not just expected to win each week, but to win the title. Nothing else. Anything less is seen as total failure and him not fullfilling what he's suppose to do. On a 450 it won't be that way. He will just be expected to try and get decent results at first. Gradually, he will be expected to be in the hunt for wins and in the hunt for the title. Expecting anyone to win the title in the 450 class is unrealistic and teams don't do that. They hire who they believe can win it and expect them to be contending for it. Just as often, they hire riders hoping for nothing but top 5s or a podium. Mitch Payton carefully selects guys, and when he hires you he hires you to win a title. Not later. Now.
The expectations of him will be different on 450s. His potential to win and hopes that in time he can deliver a title will be the basis upon why they hire him and what they pay him. Being hired for his potential and hopes that he can produce good results in time is a totally different thing than being hired to go win a title right now and nothing less. For AC that could be huge and make all the difference. He will get pats on the back for good finishes and wins will be much more appreciated. The title wont be expected to keep your job as.long as you have some wins and stay in the mix. The title would just mean a lot more glory and money.
I can see things being different for AC in the 450 class due to a totally different mentality with teams and expectations being less with future potential being the bigger priority. AC can deliver big time if he's not expected to immidiatly deliver big time. It's also a lot harder to lose a title in one race in the 450 class than it is in the 250 class (in sx). Knowing that a mistake or a bad finish in any single rounf isn't going to blow your title hopes is going to make a lot of difference with someone like AC and help him make less mistakes. His entire world isn't ruined and his ride isnt gone if he is in contention and blows it in later rounds. He's got future seasons to hopefully get it done. I think the different mentality of the 450 class and different expectations of him will be huge in bringing out what he is capable of. He's a great kid and ultra talented. I hope to see him kick ass in the 450 class. Maybe even make Webb answer for the "cracked" comment even though I fully support the assholeness of Webb.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
5/6/2019 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2019 4:46pm
He is 6' 1" and 175 lbs, he has to ride a 250f way harder than all the other guys.

He rides a 450 the majority of the time, and rides it very good, he will be fine.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
5/6/2019 5:18pm
He will do a repeat of dean wilson and stay down another year in the 250 class.
moto431
Fantasy
649th
5/6/2019 5:33pm
Mike P. wrote:
Riders are paid to win and at this rate he'll be another Mike Alessi...bet on it.
Mike and Jeff made alot of money racing. I couldn't believe the numbers. Just too bad their dad took all their money
MotoMo165
5/6/2019 5:42pm
Mike P. wrote:
Riders are paid to win and at this rate he'll be another Mike Alessi...bet on it.
moto431 wrote:
Mike and Jeff made alot of money racing. I couldn't believe the numbers. Just too bad their dad took all their money
@mike P, That’s exactly what he’s done though, win. Im noot even that big of an AC fan, do you even watch the races? He was the winningest rider (of the faster coast) out of all 250s guy this season in SX. I watch the races, so this is just based off memory, Austin may have won more east coast races, but he also finished 3rd in the Tripp’s crown race against AC and ferrandis,. Now go fact check for me
5/6/2019 6:10pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2019 6:12pm
BobKerr wrote:
6th-10th his first year on a 450.
kpiper wrote:
You mean not a whole lot better than Hill has done??? Smile
That is a whole lot better than Hill has done. Hill's average finish is between 12th and 13th.
5/6/2019 6:15pm
Mike P. wrote:
I agree, he won't be competitive on the 450. He's a smart guy and should go to college or something because he definitely has it in...
I agree, he won't be competitive on the 450. He's a smart guy and should go to college or something because he definitely has it in him to be successful, but not as a motocross rider at this level.
Was lead paint still a thing when you were a kid?
5/6/2019 7:28pm
The dude cross-rutted and crashed, the bike displacement had nothing to do with that. If he cracks under the pressure of a 250 championship it'll be...
The dude cross-rutted and crashed, the bike displacement had nothing to do with that. If he cracks under the pressure of a 250 championship it'll be way worse in the 450s.
He'll be under less pressure next year if he moves up. In 450, a handful of DNFs, a couple podiums and heat race win will be a successful rookie season. In 250, anything less than a championship will be a complete failure. If he has a 450 ride option for 2020, he should take it, because it may not be there in 2021.

What if AC misses the 250 title again and Savatgy shows himself to be a real title contender. Where'd the factory ride go? What if Forkner dominates? Bye, bye factory ride. Another miss and he could end up the next almost guy. Maybe he'll skip a couple races to prolong his 250 career for another year. That's never gone wrong, has it.

He's one the last of the 2013 rookie class. Younger riders like Forkner, Sexton, Cooper, Nichols and Mossiman are going to be challenging AC, and if they start beating him, they'll look to be the better prospects. The only thing he stands to gain is a 250 title, but he'd be betting his 450 career on it.
5/6/2019 8:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2019 9:19pm
The dude cross-rutted and crashed, the bike displacement had nothing to do with that. If he cracks under the pressure of a 250 championship it'll be...
The dude cross-rutted and crashed, the bike displacement had nothing to do with that. If he cracks under the pressure of a 250 championship it'll be way worse in the 450s.
He'll be under less pressure next year if he moves up. In 450, a handful of DNFs, a couple podiums and heat race win will be...
He'll be under less pressure next year if he moves up. In 450, a handful of DNFs, a couple podiums and heat race win will be a successful rookie season. In 250, anything less than a championship will be a complete failure. If he has a 450 ride option for 2020, he should take it, because it may not be there in 2021.

What if AC misses the 250 title again and Savatgy shows himself to be a real title contender. Where'd the factory ride go? What if Forkner dominates? Bye, bye factory ride. Another miss and he could end up the next almost guy. Maybe he'll skip a couple races to prolong his 250 career for another year. That's never gone wrong, has it.

He's one the last of the 2013 rookie class. Younger riders like Forkner, Sexton, Cooper, Nichols and Mossiman are going to be challenging AC, and if they start beating him, they'll look to be the better prospects. The only thing he stands to gain is a 250 title, but he'd be betting his 450 career on it.
Cooper is only 9 months younger than AC. Nichols is 2 years older than AC.

Those aren't really younger riders. They are his peers. He's been around so long, it's easy to forget that he was a prodigy that just advanced way before them.
mxer15
5/8/2019 1:25am
The riders that are going to be very good 450 guys because of size and style Adam c and Brandon hartranft
5/8/2019 1:57am
He did not crack under pressure.. he made a mistake! Cracking under pressure would be crashing whilst trying to get into 5th to win title. Riding like Savatgy did at Vegas 2 years ago was “Cracking”. Why cant idiots understand that?
The most devastating part about him losing title was that he was doing what he needed to do and had it seemingly handled. A moment of lost focus changed that and having a bike become unridable was extremely unlucky.
sanguine1961
5/8/2019 12:48pm
Mike P. wrote:
Mike Alessi like AC were champion prodigies since their mini days and therefore there is a much higher expectation for them than say Jason Anderson whose...
Mike Alessi like AC were champion prodigies since their mini days and therefore there is a much higher expectation for them than say Jason Anderson whose amateur career was average at best (but he became SC champion). These guys have won their whole lives and now all of sudden they're not That plays into their heads, but also into sponsors who pay them well to win (PC is in the business of championships (don't get it twisted) and they have given AC a lot of rope. Why do you think James Stewart didn't start his own team after he lost his ride at Suzuki (yeah I saw his latest video, but he also did not say he was retiring)...remember when Chad started 22 racing. Chad was a champion and now he's what finishing 10 -12 place at best...do you think he want's to be out there doing this with those results after the career he lead...I think not? He's likely doing because 22 racing cost him a lot of money & now he has a family to support and this is what he knows how to do to support them, but this is not how he wanted his career to end. AC is only 22, and will spoken, heck he could play a huge role in the sport, but why waste time as a rider with the results he's been getting over the years when he has so much more to offer off the bike.
Dude, his results are really good.

AC has a 35% career win percentage and an average Supercross finishing position of 3rd.
That sounds like some stats that alot of pro riders would envy..!
mimafia
Fantasy
2682nd
5/8/2019 1:09pm
Mike P. wrote:
Adam and Mike are both millionaires from mx. You want Adam to quit mx and go to college and what...become an accountant and take 25 years to make another million? Lmao
Lightning78
5/8/2019 1:25pm
Mike P. wrote:
Mike Alessi like AC were champion prodigies since their mini days and therefore there is a much higher expectation for them than say Jason Anderson whose...
Mike Alessi like AC were champion prodigies since their mini days and therefore there is a much higher expectation for them than say Jason Anderson whose amateur career was average at best (but he became SC champion). These guys have won their whole lives and now all of sudden they're not That plays into their heads, but also into sponsors who pay them well to win (PC is in the business of championships (don't get it twisted) and they have given AC a lot of rope. Why do you think James Stewart didn't start his own team after he lost his ride at Suzuki (yeah I saw his latest video, but he also did not say he was retiring)...remember when Chad started 22 racing. Chad was a champion and now he's what finishing 10 -12 place at best...do you think he want's to be out there doing this with those results after the career he lead...I think not? He's likely doing because 22 racing cost him a lot of money & now he has a family to support and this is what he knows how to do to support them, but this is not how he wanted his career to end. AC is only 22, and will spoken, heck he could play a huge role in the sport, but why waste time as a rider with the results he's been getting over the years when he has so much more to offer off the bike.
UpTiTe wrote:
Jason Anderson had an average at best amateur career? 5 LL titles and a factory Suzuki ride straight out of amateurs, but it was average at...
Jason Anderson had an average at best amateur career? 5 LL titles and a factory Suzuki ride straight out of amateurs, but it was average at best.

Mike Alessi never won a single supercross race, ever, so to compare the two at this point is just straight stupid.

AC is a shoulder separation and a simple cross rut mistake away from being a 2 time sx champ.

I see....care to explain '17 and '18 then? He was like 6 or 7 front wheel wash-outs away from those titles too.

Point being ever since AC hit the scene people have praised him, calling him"baby" jesus and other stiff similar. "Hes gonna break RC's records" people were proclaimkng when je was an 85 expert....relly ....i mean like, REALLY?

I don't hate the kid I actually like him he's entertaining he's got a great personality he's well-spoken he's intelligent everything every other writer should be but he exhibits no trait or skill that separates him from the pack nothing that is A Cut Above the Rest he's just a good upper echelon writer not great good there's nothing you can point to that he does that makes him that much better than the rest of the top 10 in his class. With that said, i nrver saw this greatness everyone spoke about him. Is he top 10 good? Yea but hes so far not shown anything exceptionally better than any other factory supported factory 250 rider.

James had it, RC and RV had 'it' you could tell and Dungey had about 75% of 'it' but made up for it with 100% more consistenct than any rider in history and by 'it' i mean than exceptional talent that changes rhe way people ride moto, train for moto etc.

Adam is more like Dungey minus the one thing that made RD great ....consistency. so what does that leave you? I don't know either but we'll find out next year if he joins the 450 class.

All of Webb's amateur career all he heard qas how great AV is and is destined to be.....thats why je dropped that jab in the press conference. It seems to me like Webb has been since day one of their professional carrers, simply better and he hasnt heard a sijg ok e word about his formal rival and himself loke he did in the Amaetures, im sure back then all that talk frustrated him to no end.

My post has nothing to do with being a fanboy of either Rider it's just the basic facts and how the careers that played out I realize Adam had a shoulder issue that's fine but again he has exactly set the world on fire any of the other years not to take anything away from him he can be a very well be great as a 450 Rider and I will stand to be corrected and I'm okay with that but I have not seen any special next level ability other than popularity with fans and especially on social media.....that doesnt win you titles though.

respect Adam though he works really hard and gives it all his effort and i cant fault him for that.

Post a reply to: AC in the 450 class

The Latest