AC in the 450 class

Narwhal
5/5/2019 10:39am
I personally think AC will benefit from being on a bike with more power that he doesn’t have to absolutely wring the piss out of. Watching him ride the 250 is like watching him walk a tight rope. I feel like he’s on that fine line 90% of the time. Hope the 450 rumors are true.
|
5/5/2019 10:48am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2019 10:50am
The dude cross-rutted and crashed, the bike displacement had nothing to do with that. If he cracks under the pressure of a 250 championship it'll be way worse in the 450s.
lleyden
5/5/2019 11:14am
Yep, AC going to AC
Mike P.
5/5/2019 11:17am
I agree, he won't be competitive on the 450. He's a smart guy and should go to college or something because he definitely has it in him to be successful, but not as a motocross rider at this level.

The Shop

5/5/2019 11:21am
Wow. People must have lost a lot of money on the guy. He’s top ten easy his first year.
Sluggo77
5/5/2019 11:23am
Mike P. wrote:
I agree, he won't be competitive on the 450. He's a smart guy and should go to college or something because he definitely has it in...
I agree, he won't be competitive on the 450. He's a smart guy and should go to college or something because he definitely has it in him to be successful, but not as a motocross rider at this level.
You do know the riders get paid even if they don't win titles right?
Mike P.
5/5/2019 11:23am
Riders are paid to win and at this rate he'll be another Mike Alessi...bet on it.
Motodave15
5/5/2019 11:28am
Wow. People must have lost a lot of money on the guy. He’s top ten easy his first year.
Um how so? Have you seen the top 10 of the 450 class?? At A1.. only 2 riders in the top 10 have never won a 250f championship.. i doubt he just leap frogs all those dudes
Sluggo77
5/5/2019 11:32am
Mike P. wrote:
Riders are paid to win and at this rate he'll be another Mike Alessi...bet on it.
So all the riders who do not win championships should immediately quit their very lucrative careers?
KR gets paid to win titles and he didn't even win a single race, signs new 3 yr contract. That is just one example.
Davalos for another, what other job should he do that would earn him millions?
Jerkolantern
5/5/2019 11:37am
Mike P. wrote:
What? If you think allessi's career was shit I feel sorry for you. The reason IMO- is because of pressure. That dude was penciled in to beat everyone. And I mean everyone. Bubba. Ricky Kevin Trey you name it. They put him on a damn 450 at first because they said he was too good for a 250! And even with all that he came close to winning the big dance, he had a great career. If you ever think you've got it bad, look up the training video with him and his pops, it was brutal. And I firmly believe if his dad would had backed it down a notch with Suzuki, decoster would have made him a champ. That being said, Adam will have a great career even if he never wins a c ship. Now quit cooking rocks and go outside. There's really cool shit out there. Like chicks, dirt bikes, beer, etc. You can thank me later
Ray_MXS
5/5/2019 11:38am
Mike P. wrote:
Go off the internet. Leave vital. Nobody wants you here.
loftyair
5/5/2019 11:44am
Yeah, making huge amounts of cash for riding mx, loving it. He should quit and get a real job! $15 an hour at McDonalds bro! Free Burger and fries! Wow...
Mike P.
5/5/2019 11:47am
Mike Alessi like AC were champion prodigies since their mini days and therefore there is a much higher expectation for them than say Jason Anderson whose amateur career was average at best (but he became SC champion). These guys have won their whole lives and now all of sudden they're not That plays into their heads, but also into sponsors who pay them well to win (PC is in the business of championships (don't get it twisted) and they have given AC a lot of rope. Why do you think James Stewart didn't start his own team after he lost his ride at Suzuki (yeah I saw his latest video, but he also did not say he was retiring)...remember when Chad started 22 racing. Chad was a champion and now he's what finishing 10 -12 place at best...do you think he want's to be out there doing this with those results after the career he lead...I think not? He's likely doing because 22 racing cost him a lot of money & now he has a family to support and this is what he knows how to do to support them, but this is not how he wanted his career to end. AC is only 22, and will spoken, heck he could play a huge role in the sport, but why waste time as a rider with the results he's been getting over the years when he has so much more to offer off the bike.
Mike P.
5/5/2019 11:49am
Also, Mike Alessi was not put on a 250F because he was too good for the 250F, heck the guy weighed 130lbs when they moved him up...really? He moved to the 450F because Ryan Villopoto waxed him every time!
Ray_MXS
5/5/2019 11:50am
Mike P. wrote:
Mike Alessi like AC were champion prodigies since their mini days and therefore there is a much higher expectation for them than say Jason Anderson whose...
Mike Alessi like AC were champion prodigies since their mini days and therefore there is a much higher expectation for them than say Jason Anderson whose amateur career was average at best (but he became SC champion). These guys have won their whole lives and now all of sudden they're not That plays into their heads, but also into sponsors who pay them well to win (PC is in the business of championships (don't get it twisted) and they have given AC a lot of rope. Why do you think James Stewart didn't start his own team after he lost his ride at Suzuki (yeah I saw his latest video, but he also did not say he was retiring)...remember when Chad started 22 racing. Chad was a champion and now he's what finishing 10 -12 place at best...do you think he want's to be out there doing this with those results after the career he lead...I think not? He's likely doing because 22 racing cost him a lot of money & now he has a family to support and this is what he knows how to do to support them, but this is not how he wanted his career to end. AC is only 22, and will spoken, heck he could play a huge role in the sport, but why waste time as a rider with the results he's been getting over the years when he has so much more to offer off the bike.
Why are you still here?
Jerkolantern
5/5/2019 11:52am
Dude. Ac won plenty of races this year. He's gonna b alright.
Jerkolantern
5/5/2019 11:55am
Mike P. wrote:
Also, Mike Alessi was not put on a 250F because he was too good for the 250F, heck the guy weighed 130lbs when they moved him...
Also, Mike Alessi was not put on a 250F because he was too good for the 250F, heck the guy weighed 130lbs when they moved him up...really? He moved to the 450F because Ryan Villopoto waxed him every time!
My memory may be off but if I remember correctly allesi started on a 450 before going to a 250 and starting his career the normal way. I'm pretty sure he was on a 450 at millville for his first pro race- there's guys here who know much more than me that will correct me if I'm wrong-
5/5/2019 11:56am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2019 11:59am
Mike P. wrote:
Mike Alessi like AC were champion prodigies since their mini days and therefore there is a much higher expectation for them than say Jason Anderson whose...
Dude, his results are really good.

AC has a 35% career win percentage and an average Supercross finishing position of 3rd.
mb60
5/5/2019 11:56am
They guy won 5 races this year and crashed out at worst possible time. I think he will be just fine on a 450 if that's the way he is headed next year.
Jerkolantern
5/5/2019 12:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2019 12:04pm
Mike P. wrote:
Also, Mike Alessi was not put on a 250F because he was too good for the 250F, heck the guy weighed 130lbs when they moved him...
mattmatt300
5/5/2019 12:04pm
I’ll put a $20 down that AC never wins a big bike title inside or out.
5/5/2019 12:07pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Um how so? Have you seen the top 10 of the 450 class?? At A1.. only 2 riders in the top 10 have never won a...
Um how so? Have you seen the top 10 of the 450 class?? At A1.. only 2 riders in the top 10 have never won a 250f championship.. i doubt he just leap frogs all those dudes
Not saying he’s going to leap frog everybody - pair the 450 injury rate with the current competition and he will be fine - easily top ten.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
5/5/2019 12:09pm
Mike P. wrote:
Jason Anderson had an average at best amateur career? 5 LL titles and a factory Suzuki ride straight out of amateurs, but it was average at best.

Mike Alessi never won a single supercross race, ever, so to compare the two at this point is just straight stupid.

AC is a shoulder separation and a simple cross rut mistake away from being a 2 time sx champ.

deluxeman
5/5/2019 12:11pm
I’ll put a $20 down that AC never wins a big bike title inside or out.
I wouldn’t take that bet, I think your right on the money. Sad to say, AC seems like a cool kid.
Texas Built
5/5/2019 12:13pm
Narwhal wrote:
I personally think AC will benefit from being on a bike with more power that he doesn’t have to absolutely wring the piss out of. Watching...
I personally think AC will benefit from being on a bike with more power that he doesn’t have to absolutely wring the piss out of. Watching him ride the 250 is like watching him walk a tight rope. I feel like he’s on that fine line 90% of the time. Hope the 450 rumors are true.
So 450s guys are not wringing the piss out of those? They're just tractoring around?
Texas Built
5/5/2019 12:26pm
People act like the kid suddenly lost the ability to twist the throttle because he lost the title. The kid is super fast, and minus injuries he will have a super solid 450 career even with no titles.
toomanykaws
5/5/2019 12:36pm
The comments and theories guys come up with. Amazing. Lot of fortune tellers on here spinning crystal balls,
deluxeman
5/5/2019 2:27pm
The comments and theories guys come up with. Amazing. Lot of fortune tellers on here spinning crystal balls,
I think that is the whole point of a forum.........
kijen
5/5/2019 2:27pm
Remember at the begining of the year some were saying Webb is just a top 10 guy, don't understand why people think they can actually predict the future, there is a reason why they actually race. AC is a very talented racer and has a chance, time will tell.
mattmatt300
5/5/2019 2:32pm
So you wanna take that bet?

Post a reply to: AC in the 450 class

The Latest