A1 to do list/ Mx bike rentals?

shane509
Two years ago I flew out for A1 and only spent Friday through Sunday in cali. I realized that wasn't enough time, so this time I'm flying out thursday and flying back wednesday.
I looked into renting a mx bike and riding Glen Helen on thursday. Does anyone recommend a certain someone to do this with? I was looking at renting them through mxvactions.

Any other things to do while I'm out there?

Thanks!
|
jwoltz
11/14/2017 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 11/14/2017 12:11pm
California motocross holidays. Super nice guy, has too quality bikes, and can get you anywhere you want to go in style. I’ve seen him at several big races, and his riders are always smiling and setup very well.

His wife is a top flight baker as well, so that is a little bonus I’m sure.

951-216-1991. Micky Carter
shane509
11/15/2017 1:55pm
Awesome thanks! I contacted both guys to get more info.

Any other things to do while in cali?
Tonynz
11/15/2017 2:23pm
shane509 wrote:
Two years ago I flew out for A1 and only spent Friday through Sunday in cali. I realized that wasn't enough time, so this time I'm...
Two years ago I flew out for A1 and only spent Friday through Sunday in cali. I realized that wasn't enough time, so this time I'm flying out thursday and flying back wednesday.
I looked into renting a mx bike and riding Glen Helen on thursday. Does anyone recommend a certain someone to do this with? I was looking at renting them through mxvactions.

Any other things to do while I'm out there?

Thanks!
I always use MX Vacations, Dave Fontes is a real nice guy. We are renting bikes from him between A2 and Glendale SX’s for 4 days riding.

The Shop

mx510
Fantasy
1707th
11/15/2017 3:02pm
I just booked a Husky 450 for the Kurt Caselli ride day that me the wife and couple friends are coming down for from California Motocross Holidays. I am super excited, hope all goes well with the rental as I have never rented a bike before.
shane509
12/27/2017 4:24pm
getting excited 8 days out! fly in at 8am and driving straight to glen helen to ride!
teggers
12/27/2017 4:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/27/2017 4:54pm
I did a California ride trip. It was for the World Vets several years back. I picked up a truck just outside of LAX And rented a bike from Mike Metzger. We drove out to his house pick up the bike and went straight to Glen Helen. I got to practice one day and race two days, it was awesome. I gave Mike back his bike a little bent up (hammered) and he was a trooper. I did win something, so he was happy about that.

I remember we went up to Lake Arrowhead, that was pretty cool you should do that. It’s a beautiful drive. It seems to me we drove past Lake Elsinore through some mountains out to the Santa Monica pier as well. That was fun. We had dinner at the end of the pier.

It was absolutely the best Moto vacation. Pitted next to Jeff Ward, Who I raced against back in 1973 at the Jacksonville winter Olympics .... Jeff Emig straightened my sunglasses, and Jody Weisal told me to try and miss the bumps, “that’s how the locals ride here”. T-Boned Andy Jefferson for the win....sorry. (He had a flat tire on the last lap)....Guy B shots some nice pics of me too!

Great times.
Forty
12/27/2017 6:43pm
Any time I go west I rent a MTB and do a loop or 2 on a local trail. It’s a cheap way to have some fun and get outdoors
Paw Paw 271
12/27/2017 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 12/27/2017 6:50pm
teggers wrote:
I did a California ride trip. It was for the World Vets several years back. I picked up a truck just outside of LAX And rented...
I did a California ride trip. It was for the World Vets several years back. I picked up a truck just outside of LAX And rented a bike from Mike Metzger. We drove out to his house pick up the bike and went straight to Glen Helen. I got to practice one day and race two days, it was awesome. I gave Mike back his bike a little bent up (hammered) and he was a trooper. I did win something, so he was happy about that.

I remember we went up to Lake Arrowhead, that was pretty cool you should do that. It’s a beautiful drive. It seems to me we drove past Lake Elsinore through some mountains out to the Santa Monica pier as well. That was fun. We had dinner at the end of the pier.

It was absolutely the best Moto vacation. Pitted next to Jeff Ward, Who I raced against back in 1973 at the Jacksonville winter Olympics .... Jeff Emig straightened my sunglasses, and Jody Weisal told me to try and miss the bumps, “that’s how the locals ride here”. T-Boned Andy Jefferson for the win....sorry. (He had a flat tire on the last lap)....Guy B shots some nice pics of me too!

Great times.
I did about the same thing for the Vet races several years ago, but I used Motocross Vacations at the time. Went out on Tuesday. Did some sight seeing on Wednesday. Rode open practice on Thursday, Vet Practice on Friday, Raced Saturday and Sunday. They provided the bikes, the transportation to and from the track, snacks, drinks and the mechanics and supplied a motorhome to use at the races. That was a great vacation!

Paw Paw
Bruneval
12/27/2017 10:44pm Edited Date/Time 12/27/2017 10:45pm
Ride California is a great company. PM if you need the contact details, but they’re on a Facebook and prob have a website too.
Lastander
12/28/2017 1:17am
Mx heaven in perris is the place i go to, plus he's a swede
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
12/28/2017 5:24am
mx510 wrote:
I just booked a Husky 450 for the Kurt Caselli ride day that me the wife and couple friends are coming down for from California Motocross...
I just booked a Husky 450 for the Kurt Caselli ride day that me the wife and couple friends are coming down for from California Motocross Holidays. I am super excited, hope all goes well with the rental as I have never rented a bike before.
How much does it cost per day? Just want to get a ballpark price.
nc_mx_kid
12/28/2017 7:53am
mx510 wrote:
I just booked a Husky 450 for the Kurt Caselli ride day that me the wife and couple friends are coming down for from California Motocross...
mxrider225 wrote:
How much does it cost per day? Just want to get a ballpark price.
going rate is $300 a day
shane509
12/28/2017 9:04am
Forty wrote:
Any time I go west I rent a MTB and do a loop or 2 on a local trail. It’s a cheap way to have some...
Any time I go west I rent a MTB and do a loop or 2 on a local trail. It’s a cheap way to have some fun and get outdoors
where can you rent a decent MTB from? def down to do that and hit up some trails! heard they have some around the sx test tracks?
Forty
12/28/2017 9:14am
shane509 wrote:
where can you rent a decent MTB from? def down to do that and hit up some trails! heard they have some around the sx test...
where can you rent a decent MTB from? def down to do that and hit up some trails! heard they have some around the sx test tracks?
I’ll usually check local bike shops. Most will have a rental fleet of decent bikes and also for a little more will allow a demo of any bike in the shop. I did a demo on a high end Yeti in Boulder CO a couple weeks ago for $50 a day. Sweet Bike.

Post a reply to: A1 to do list/ Mx bike rentals?

The Latest