A1 press day latest...lots of pics!

Braaap14
1/3/2013 7:22pm
damn that could have been dean wilsons bike under the 22 rig,
smoker
1/3/2013 7:22pm
Shorty's bike looks like a 97 cr250 and those were uglier than sin.
Lightning78
1/3/2013 7:24pm
ocscottie wrote:
Dude i cant do coffee! one cup and im so peakin, jittery i leave tire tracks on the ceiling from my chair! lol it also rips...
Dude i cant do coffee! one cup and im so peakin, jittery i leave tire tracks on the ceiling from my chair! lol it also rips my stomach apart. Yet i can drink as many RB's as i want, kinda weird huh? and as i have said before, i drink like 8-10 20oz bottles of water a day, Being SCI you have to worry about bladder/kidney infections, so i am ALWAYS drinking water, or i feel like shit.

btw: im up late cuz of insomnia, have had it all my life, just 4hrs of sleep a night and im good. Get to sleep around 4am'ish and up by 8-9am'ish. Im a total mess bro Laughing Shoulda seen the hell i put my poor parents through when i was a kid! "Go to bed" "NO im not tired!!" that was a battle my whole life man.
I have that exact same problem with sleeping .....there are nights i lay awake the entire night, its torture and hampers my performance at work sometimes
motomike137
1/3/2013 7:31pm
I've got a really bad felling about this whole shorty thing, something tells me it has folded. I hope for shorty's sake I am wrong because...
I've got a really bad felling about this whole shorty thing, something tells me it has folded. I hope for shorty's sake I am wrong because has a family to feed and does not need these distractions.
He might be able to get to the races without all the bells and whistles of a semi but the real problem is that if the team folds he likely isn't collecting a paycheck and we know how well the race purses pay. Hopefully there is a good explanation that ends up with us all having a laugh.

The Shop

danman
1/3/2013 8:48pm
bartoner wrote:
How come this bike looks old? i mean compared to other pics of the bikes after practice...Shorts looks like it came straight from a Craigslist Ad...
How come this bike looks old? i mean compared to other pics of the bikes after practice...Shorts looks like it came straight from a Craigslist Ad or something??
sharkey wrote:
that blue seat clashes with everything else on the bike
bike looks like crap, I'm sorry to say that but it does.
Forgive me if I missed this comment, I didn't feel like reading all 4 pages of posts.
Is Shorty's bike a 2012 model? It looks old and a bit different than Barcia's
ocscottie
1/3/2013 9:10pm
Check out Team TwoTwo's new pit uni's, the red pants are back!! Cool

and the rig is badass

1/3/2013 10:28pm
sharkey wrote:
bike looks like crap, I'm sorry to say that but it does.
danman wrote:
Forgive me if I missed this comment, I didn't feel like reading all 4 pages of posts. Is Shorty's bike a 2012 model? It looks old...
Forgive me if I missed this comment, I didn't feel like reading all 4 pages of posts.
Is Shorty's bike a 2012 model? It looks old and a bit different than Barcia's
Maybe the '12 motor like Reed said he was using? Other then that its a '13
Cook441
1/3/2013 10:43pm
CnCRacing wrote:
Reeds gear and helmet looks like walt disney threw up.Huh
Dude I think he looks bad ass the yellow contrast on that Red bike is sweet-

I have always been a fox guy but these last few years Reeds shit looks the best IMO

Not sure I dig the 7 gear yet, and I know hills grey n black is boring Smile
Faceaz
1/3/2013 11:16pm
How can you tell anything from a ackward shot, especially with James sitting on it. The more sag, the more the front will appear to be raked out. With the amount of weight Stewart likes to get up on the front wheel turning, the rear becomes pretty unloaded. Not nearly enough info from those pics to judge.

Too bad for Short, but I really like the look of his bike. That thing doesn't look nearly as fresh as a SX bike (especially @ the start of the series) should (wear on the frame, nicks in the Graphics, etc.) It's obvious he's making a huge effort to keep things together with a lack of support from the team. How long before people jump on Brooks for this?
Faceaz
1/3/2013 11:19pm
I've got a really bad felling about this whole shorty thing, something tells me it has folded. I hope for shorty's sake I am wrong because...
I've got a really bad felling about this whole shorty thing, something tells me it has folded. I hope for shorty's sake I am wrong because has a family to feed and does not need these distractions.
Purely a guess.... Wondering if the team is going under but got Short a bike for a few weeks while he shops for another ride & isn't left stranded.
1/3/2013 11:36pm
MechEng wrote:
^^^ Poor shorty, thing looks dull. And red grips, wtf!! Wish they would let some 250 guys on track for press day, I'm itchin for a...
^^^ Poor shorty, thing looks dull. And red grips, wtf!!

Wish they would let some 250 guys on track for press day, I'm itchin for a Kroc pic!
yep, not a fan at all and red grips?
steed 2.0
1/4/2013 12:18am
ocscottie wrote:
This what you are trying to post Dave? [img]http://distilleryimage6.instagram.com/c1ab8a1055fa11e2ae9922000a1f9b71_7.jpg[/img]
This what you are trying to post Dave?

I'm rooting for Barcia, his performance at Lommel made me instant fan
he's more than just big mouth, Like a Dutchie Smile
1/4/2013 12:40am
And you cant help but feel for Shorty.......all the other guys 'super-pumped' for A1 while he's on a dog shit looking bike with his team's status up in the air and not knowing whats happening. Not really the way you would want to start the new season. Sucks balls. Hopefully he can get some shit sorted.

Oh, and isn't it Izzi....not Izzy?
Lone Wolf
1/4/2013 3:36am
CnCRacing wrote:
Reeds gear and helmet looks like walt disney threw up.Huh
I agree - too many colours. I like the design of it, though. If they got rid of the blue and red, it would be sweet.
Lone Wolf
1/4/2013 3:40am
ocscottie wrote:
GOOO TREY!!! [img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/393100_10151188719301301_701568692_n.jpg[/img] GuyB pic
GOOO TREY!!!

GuyB pic
That is such a sweet photo. I'm hoping Trey has a good year.

I hated the look of the new CRF450 when they came out, but it's growing on me. I love how they are to ride.
1/4/2013 4:06am
Faceaz wrote:
Purely a guess.... Wondering if the team is going under but got Short a bike for a few weeks while he shops for another ride &...
Purely a guess.... Wondering if the team is going under but got Short a bike for a few weeks while he shops for another ride & isn't left stranded.
Doesnt the team rent/loan the bikes from Factory Honda anyway?
Faceaz
1/4/2013 6:12am
Faceaz wrote:
Purely a guess.... Wondering if the team is going under but got Short a bike for a few weeks while he shops for another ride &...
Doesnt the team rent/loan the bikes from Factory Honda anyway?
I believe so.. But, judging by the look of the bike & the toolbox in the back of Short's truck, it's the teams job to maintain it at the races?
1/4/2013 6:25am
motosmith wrote:
Damn, thats too bad for Izzy.
It is too bad for that guy "Izzy" because the other guy Nico "Izzi" is rehabbing just fine. Should be back for East? May miss first couple rounds
1/4/2013 6:45am
It is too bad for that guy "Izzy" because the other guy Nico "Izzi" is rehabbing just fine. Should be back for East? May miss first...
It is too bad for that guy "Izzy" because the other guy Nico "Izzi" is rehabbing just fine. Should be back for East? May miss first couple rounds
Hope so.

All that Short's bike needs to look good, is a red seat cover with yellow pleats.

I'm just glad to see a little company like motoseat getting their stuff on so many bikes. all my seats are motoseats, the guy is real cool to work with.
Eatmydirt03
1/4/2013 7:15am
MX Culture wrote:
Shorty is on Chapp still. Sorry for the false alarm. [img]http://distilleryimage9.instagram.com/56f6e20655f411e2a38422000a1f96a9_7.jpg[/img] *pic fixed -oc
Shorty is on Chapp still.
Sorry for the false alarm.

*pic fixed -oc
bartoner wrote:
How come this bike looks old? i mean compared to other pics of the bikes after practice...Shorts looks like it came straight from a Craigslist Ad...
How come this bike looks old? i mean compared to other pics of the bikes after practice...Shorts looks like it came straight from a Craigslist Ad or something??
sharkey wrote:
Yeah that bike is one ugly looking bike right there.
jamma10
1/4/2013 7:31am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2013 7:33am
steed 2.0 wrote:
I'm rooting for Barcia, his performance at Lommel made me instant fan
he's more than just big mouth, Like a Dutchie Smile
Ditto!

Didn't care much for him before September, but the way he rode and conducted himself at Lommel totally changed my opinion of him. Im now sitting firmly on the bandwagon. Smile
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
1/4/2013 7:45am
jhansen510 wrote:
I think shortys bike looks sick! I also cant stand when people wear beanies when it is 80 degrees out or when they are going out...
I think shortys bike looks sick! I also cant stand when people wear beanies when it is 80 degrees out or when they are going out somewhere nice. I guess that makes me old, but those dudes that do just look like douche bags to me. Just thought I would share that with you guys....
I can appreciate the whole beanies in the blazing heat however, it's been fricken cold out here man! It was 32deg on my drive to work this morning! Beanies are a functional thing right now. I'm guessing it was mid 60's yesterday, todays high will be 66.
1/4/2013 7:47am
You know what had me laughing?

Instagram has that "vintage" effect.

Someone posts a picture of Short's bike using instagram, and immediately some lemming says "I dunno, it just looks old, like a craigslist ad"
kongols
1/4/2013 7:53am
Anyone know is there another riding session today?
Outsider
1/4/2013 7:57am
kongols wrote:
Anyone know is there another riding session today?
Not sure but Alessi was just geared up for KTLA morning news...
motosmith
1/4/2013 8:00am
motosmith wrote:
It is too bad for that guy "Izzy" because the other guy Nico "Izzi" is rehabbing just fine. Should be back for East? May miss first...
Izzie ? 9+ month rehab on an acl so I doubt it. I was really rooting for him this year too. Lame.
reded
1/4/2013 8:11am
125 wrote:
You know what had me laughing? Instagram has that "vintage" effect. Someone posts a picture of Short's bike using instagram, and immediately some lemming says "I...
You know what had me laughing?

Instagram has that "vintage" effect.

Someone posts a picture of Short's bike using instagram, and immediately some lemming says "I dunno, it just looks old, like a craigslist ad"
Lets just hope that it doesn't end up on Craigslist due to the team folding.
Asher
1/4/2013 8:21am
shorty's bike looks like it was thrown together at the last minute... in the dark
jeffro503
1/4/2013 8:29am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2013 8:30am
motosmith wrote:
motosmith wrote:
Izzie ? 9+ month rehab on an acl so I doubt it. I was really rooting for him this year too. Lame.
I hear ya man.....this is definitely a bummer for sure. I was rooting for Izzi this year more than any other I think. The dude had been working his ass off......and now this. Here is to a good and full recovery.

Some great pics in this thread BTW!

Post a reply to: A1 press day latest...lots of pics!

The Latest