A1 Press Conference?

Natester551v
1/4/2019 8:28pm
Eli do a lot of safari hunts? Typically he’s been a Colorado archery elk hunter which is a September season.
uk125250 wrote:
Idk. He seems to really get off on killing animals.
You must be a vegan. That would explain your ignorance. Condolences.
Evil

Right next to the potatoes man...P.E.T.A - People for the Eating of Tasty Animals...
RydeRed
1/4/2019 9:13pm
could not agree more - nobody is saying it's F1 or MotoGP (and MX/SX has nowhere near the cheddar of those cash cows), but it's one...
could not agree more - nobody is saying it's F1 or MotoGP (and MX/SX has nowhere near the cheddar of those cash cows), but it's one step away from tractor pulls sometimes (not that there's anything wrong with tractor pulls)!

K-Roc wears a suit, and Anderson mocks him for trying to raise the level of professionalism. They are dirt bike racers, but they're also world class athletes with an amazing skillset, but few of them act like it. Kenny and Reed (like them or not) are the only two up there that possess ironclad self-belief, but heaven forbid they should try to raise the level of the sport.Blink

And the journalism in this sport is really just Matthes on the one hand (who has carved out a niche where he's pretty witty, but smart about it, so he gets away with a lot) and then a bunch of product testers and manfriends that are too afraid to speak up for fear they'll be black-balled by the industry. There are very, very few moto journalists that make anywhere near what most people would consider a good living, and the ones that are there have to tread very lightly I guess...can't be poking around asking uncomfortable questions of all the delicate flowers on the factory teams...lol.

Stepping down off my soapbox now...Whistling

KROC should learn how to talk serious shit. If he did, he'd blow up like crazy in popularity.

1/4/2019 10:01pm
I think it looks silly with just 1 person in a suit.. the whole press conference lacked professionalism anyway
1/4/2019 10:37pm
Titan1 wrote:
When will these factory riders start investing in their own PR skills? That was painful to watch...the best in the business can’t even directly answer simple...
When will these factory riders start investing in their own PR skills? That was painful to watch...the best in the business can’t even directly answer simple questions, they always end up with the same generic crap, saying the same things over and over, lots of “um’s“ and “ah’s“ and “yeah no’s” (when they try and be funny), and “pumped’s” as the answer to every question.

Come on riders, start taking some public speaking classes, get some training on how to present yourself in public. You’re the best in the world, yet at press conferences you act like the winners of the Demolition derby at the local fair grounds.

Oh, and this sport really needs to get over the “secrecy”....if you’re hurt, admit it...put out a press release even. Don’t try and hide it or beat around the bush worrying that one of your competitors is going to find out and then try elbow you in your newly bruised ribs.

So lame...maybe it’s because I’m getting old (is 38 old?)...but the non-racing pro side of this sport is really starting to bug me sometimes.

Otherwise, I can’t wait for the racing tomorrow! (I’ll just watch the racing and bypass all the press conferences and interviews...then I’ll be happy). Lol
could not agree more - nobody is saying it's F1 or MotoGP (and MX/SX has nowhere near the cheddar of those cash cows), but it's one...
could not agree more - nobody is saying it's F1 or MotoGP (and MX/SX has nowhere near the cheddar of those cash cows), but it's one step away from tractor pulls sometimes (not that there's anything wrong with tractor pulls)!

K-Roc wears a suit, and Anderson mocks him for trying to raise the level of professionalism. They are dirt bike racers, but they're also world class athletes with an amazing skillset, but few of them act like it. Kenny and Reed (like them or not) are the only two up there that possess ironclad self-belief, but heaven forbid they should try to raise the level of the sport.Blink

And the journalism in this sport is really just Matthes on the one hand (who has carved out a niche where he's pretty witty, but smart about it, so he gets away with a lot) and then a bunch of product testers and manfriends that are too afraid to speak up for fear they'll be black-balled by the industry. There are very, very few moto journalists that make anywhere near what most people would consider a good living, and the ones that are there have to tread very lightly I guess...can't be poking around asking uncomfortable questions of all the delicate flowers on the factory teams...lol.

I asked Ken why he skipped the off-season and how his arms were. I felt like he did a good job answering and what’s he supposed to say “my arms are now T-Rex arms but all good”. Also I asked Eli about his “back issue”... He wasn’t in the mood to tallk but it’s a “press” conference, this is when we get to ask. As for the production, live it was pretty cool but bad camera and sound can really kill one of these.

The Shop

1/4/2019 11:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2019 11:28pm
This sport will never reach a professional level if all the key postions of teams and the series are inherited by ex-riders and ex-mechanics. They are narrow minded and most lack even basic education. They need to open up and maybe take advice from people that have nothing to do with moto.
teggers
1/5/2019 1:00am
TogaSet wrote:
Who cares about the stupid press conference.
I was thinking the same thing as I was watching my life spiral away. I clipped it about 4 min in. I fast forwarded several times....It was crazilally ridiculous.

Now I know why Bubba was so bored with the MXDN BS.
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
1/5/2019 1:49am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Couldn't hear anything
ledger wrote:
I heard that, wait...no I didn't, lol.
He didn’t mention a back injury. He said the off-season was perfectly fine.
Tomac said: “I’m good. You guys will see me ride here in a little bit. Doing motos this last week and the whole off-season was fine. We’re ready to rip.”
stillwelding
1/5/2019 6:38am
ledger wrote:
I heard that, wait...no I didn't, lol.
He didn’t mention a back injury. He said the off-season was perfectly fine.
WCRider wrote:
Tomac said: “I’m good. You guys will see me ride here in a little bit. Doing motos this last week and the whole off-season was fine...
Tomac said: “I’m good. You guys will see me ride here in a little bit. Doing motos this last week and the whole off-season was fine. We’re ready to rip.”
Do you lip read? I couldn’t here jack shit. ?
Natester551v
1/5/2019 6:39am
Titan1 wrote:
When will these factory riders start investing in their own PR skills? That was painful to watch...the best in the business can’t even directly answer simple...
When will these factory riders start investing in their own PR skills? That was painful to watch...the best in the business can’t even directly answer simple questions, they always end up with the same generic crap, saying the same things over and over, lots of “um’s“ and “ah’s“ and “yeah no’s” (when they try and be funny), and “pumped’s” as the answer to every question.

Come on riders, start taking some public speaking classes, get some training on how to present yourself in public. You’re the best in the world, yet at press conferences you act like the winners of the Demolition derby at the local fair grounds.

Oh, and this sport really needs to get over the “secrecy”....if you’re hurt, admit it...put out a press release even. Don’t try and hide it or beat around the bush worrying that one of your competitors is going to find out and then try elbow you in your newly bruised ribs.

So lame...maybe it’s because I’m getting old (is 38 old?)...but the non-racing pro side of this sport is really starting to bug me sometimes.

Otherwise, I can’t wait for the racing tomorrow! (I’ll just watch the racing and bypass all the press conferences and interviews...then I’ll be happy). Lol

I asked Ken why he skipped the off-season and how his arms were. I felt like he did a good job answering and what’s he supposed...
I asked Ken why he skipped the off-season and how his arms were. I felt like he did a good job answering and what’s he supposed to say “my arms are now T-Rex arms but all good”. Also I asked Eli about his “back issue”... He wasn’t in the mood to tallk but it’s a “press” conference, this is when we get to ask. As for the production, live it was pretty cool but bad camera and sound can really kill one of these.
I stand corrected- goes to show it's never a good idea to make sweeping generalizations...

I apologize, Cooksey!
Natester551v
1/5/2019 6:43am
#434 wrote:
This sport will never reach a professional level if all the key postions of teams and the series are inherited by ex-riders and ex-mechanics. They are...
This sport will never reach a professional level if all the key postions of teams and the series are inherited by ex-riders and ex-mechanics. They are narrow minded and most lack even basic education. They need to open up and maybe take advice from people that have nothing to do with moto.
Not a bad observation...not sure it's limited to moto though. Athletic prowess doesn't make someone good at other aspects of running a business for sure...
DA498
1/5/2019 6:52am
TogaSet wrote:
Agree, to me its just an attempt at some pomp and circumstance for the SX kick off, but whos it for? The handfull of media to post a quote on their respective sites for us hardcore fans who for the most part have heard it all by now. Maybe the local news outlet to throw a quip on their late night broadcast. Its not being aired in prime time slots to make anykind of impact and the stream was a total fail. Like Cooksey said, it was pretty cool in person. Its just a mini party for the promoter and crews to get "pumped" for the season. I guess its cool they want to let us in on it but it doesnt come off too well. If Feld wants it to be more than that they need to try alot harder.
1/5/2019 9:00am
TogaSet wrote:
DA498 wrote:
Agree, to me its just an attempt at some pomp and circumstance for the SX kick off, but whos it for? The handfull of media to...
Agree, to me its just an attempt at some pomp and circumstance for the SX kick off, but whos it for? The handfull of media to post a quote on their respective sites for us hardcore fans who for the most part have heard it all by now. Maybe the local news outlet to throw a quip on their late night broadcast. Its not being aired in prime time slots to make anykind of impact and the stream was a total fail. Like Cooksey said, it was pretty cool in person. Its just a mini party for the promoter and crews to get "pumped" for the season. I guess its cool they want to let us in on it but it doesnt come off too well. If Feld wants it to be more than that they need to try alot harder.
Being there it felt very “big tiime”, Feld might want to spring for the NBC camera guys at the press conferences. If not all the cool stuff they do is completely overlooked.

Post a reply to: A1 Press Conference?

The Latest