A story of money and a national championship

Related:
Create New Tag

6/8/2021 9:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2021 9:55 AM

So this last weekend was the 1st round of the French championship, which was won by Herlings, Seewer and Febvre in MX1, and Vialle ahead of Benistant and Boisrame in MX2.

But there was a controversy afterwards. It seems that the French national riders (won't give names but those are some formal MXGP riders riding in the French national now) claimed to change the bounty system of the first round due to the GP riders coming only for Ernée has a preparation for round 1 in Russia next week.

In fact at the end of 450 race 2 the 1st national rider was Milko Potisek sitting around 12-13th place, meaning all the riders ahead of him were GP riders.

Has the national racers claim to change the money system, the French federation sort of let them propose a new bounty system, making the riders in MX1 from 1st to 20th leaving the day with the same amount of money, same in MX2 from 1st to 15th.

1st MX1 won 200€, 20th won 200€

1st MX2 won 150€, 15th won 150€

Romain Febvre had a rant on instagram yersteday claiming that if it continues like this, no MXGP riders would come in the french national. Nicolas Aubin said that they need those bounties for a living has they lost their sponsors during the covid crisis, even if that is a shame for the GP riders that came to ride on sunday.

|

6/8/2021 9:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2021 9:57 AM

He made €200 more than what he will make in Russia next weekend… 😂

|

6/8/2021 10:00 AM

dv12.com wrote:

He made 200 more than what he will make in Russia next weekend…

Ouais bon c'est pas comme s'il avait vraiment besoin de ces 200 patates mais bon quand même en termes d'image ça la fout mal de recevoir ce chèque après une victoire.😅

|

6/8/2021 10:34 AM

I don't understand? It's better to have top GP riders at a race. Better competition and better fan attendance.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

6/8/2021 10:39 AM

Talk about ridiculous: IF YOU DIDN'T WIN, YOU DON'T GET THE WINNERS TAKE.

Here's what's really going on...

"Oh, Booooo Hooooo, the ACTUAL Fast Guys came to town and spoiled our plans!"
(But, we're gonna need DV to change it to French)

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

6/8/2021 10:39 AM

Xeno wrote:

I don't understand? It's better to have top GP riders at a race. Better competition and better fan attendance.

The nationals riders complained about the money they couldn't earn by ending around 10th place instead of battling for the podium/win. The national racers are also pro racers and this championship is one of their main salary.

|

6/8/2021 11:16 AM

Everybody got a trophy….

|

6/8/2021 11:20 AM

Xeno wrote:

kaidodragon wrote:

The nationals riders complained about the money they couldn't earn by ending around 10th place instead of battling for the ...more

They
Got
Beat

This is racing, isn't it?

They can go learn to race better...faster...and bitch less. Or not. It's as if some of you think it's OK to "look the other way" for one weekend when ACTUAL FAST GUYS come to town?

That's not racing.
That's whinning.

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

6/8/2021 11:32 AM

Xeno wrote:

kaidodragon wrote:

The nationals riders complained about the money they couldn't earn by ending around 10th place instead of battling for the ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

They
Got
Beat

They can go learn to race better...faster...and bitch less. Or not. It's as if some ...more

Imagine if your work held a competition to see who could complete a task fastest. And on the day of the competition, they brought in a bunch of new hires from across the world who just so happen to be the best at it.

Would you be a little salty, or would you be saying, I should have beat them.

|

6/8/2021 11:42 AM

zookrider62! wrote:

Imagine if your work held a competition to see who could complete a task fastest. And on the day of the competition, they ...more

Were the GP riders "brought in" or did they come on their own?

Doesn't really seem like an apples to apples comparison.

|

6/8/2021 11:53 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

They
Got
Beat

They can go learn to race better...faster...and bitch less. Or not. It's as if some ...more

zookrider62! wrote:

Imagine if your work held a competition to see who could complete a task fastest. And on the day of the competition, they ...more

LungButter wrote:

If they typically race, then I agree, it's a bad comparison
If they do not typically race, then regardless of if they were brought in or came in, it still stands. Potential money was taken away by outsiders.

|

6/8/2021 12:12 PM

Damn Mercenaries.......

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

6/8/2021 12:22 PM

kaidodragon wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

They
Got
Beat

zookrider62! wrote:

Maybe they just need to get better....

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

6/8/2021 12:24 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

They
Got
Beat

zookrider62! wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

....or work a normal job where the money is consistant with no risk.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/8/2021 12:37 PM

Boomslang wrote:

This.

They aren't entitled to the money, as long as the series is Open to outside entries than anybody who wants can show up and win that money.

Why am I not surprised something like this happened in France tongue

|

6/8/2021 12:43 PM

Damn commies.
laughing

|

6/8/2021 1:06 PM

zookrider62! wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

haha touche

|

6/8/2021 1:21 PM

They can always try to qualify for LL C class

|

6/8/2021 1:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2021 1:32 PM

yak651 wrote:

You know that some of the guys were top 10-5 runners in MXGP right ? Desprey, Aubin, Potisek, Paturel, Pichon, Guyon, Herbreteau, Goupillon are not really slow riders either...

|

6/8/2021 2:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2021 2:03 PM

If they are not fast enough to win, they don't deserve to get paid. I'm in construction and other companies come to my state and work, they are taking money from me. What's the difference?

|

6/8/2021 2:08 PM

yak651 wrote:

kaidodragon wrote:

You know that some of the guys were top 10-5 runners in MXGP right ? Desprey, Aubin, Potisek, Paturel, Pichon, Guyon, ...more

Calm down there chief and learn to take a joke.

|

6/8/2021 2:11 PM

Uh, yeah...no...

IT’S A RACE.

The fastest racer gets the check.

Period

Imagine the shit people here, in the US, could whine about when a fast guy shows up at a regional or local money race?

Some of us, as shown above, understand how racing works. Some of us still don’t: if it’s a PRO RACE? The FASTEST PRO gets the prize.

It’s not that hard to figure out.

|

6/8/2021 2:27 PM

Dudes showed up to a race and won. What’s the problem?

|

6/8/2021 2:51 PM

xrmark wrote:

Dudes showed up to a race and won. What’s the problem?

Well, guys that are SUBSTANTIALLY FASTER (than the guys that "had planned" to CLEAN UP at 'their' Nationals) showed up and BEAT 'The Locals"...

AND THAT"S NOT FAIR!!!

grin

|

6/8/2021 3:41 PM

"It's the fastest who gets paid and the fastest who gets laid !!" ... Reece Bobby

|

6/8/2021 5:18 PM

Did those big names got start money?

|

6/8/2021 5:57 PM

They are fighting over 200 Euros?

|

6/8/2021 6:17 PM

zookrider62! wrote:

If they do not typically race, then regardless of if they were ...more

laughing laughing laughing laughing
|

Ed Johnson

6/8/2021 6:24 PM

LungButter wrote:

zookrider62! wrote:

If they do not typically race, then regardless of if they were ...more

lostboy819 wrote: laughing laughing laughing laughing

"Outsiders"
Aka, not "our" people...

Interestingly, this is how things become ruined by some crazy narrative that ain't got shit to do with RACING.

|

6/9/2021 6:34 AM

I bet the guy in 20th (MX1) and 15th (MX2) is thinking that's OK. €200 and €150 respectively for the last paying place.

|