A post I hate to make.

5/8/2020 1:44pm
As a father who has raced my whole life, I've seen this tragedy unfortunately. My 16 year old son has been racing almost his whole life. There are some things as a parent you try to never think about for sure. But you have to let your kids live life to the fullest, and that means not knowing what God has planned for you either.

Prayers to the family. Rest in Peace.
MotoCoUSA
5/8/2020 2:29pm
Quite speechless, and eyes filled with tears, that was a powerful write up sir. I cant start to imagine what you and your family are going through. As the great Jimmy Valvano said, “don’t give up... don’t ever give up”. Life is precious, we love a dangerous sport, but when we are on 2 wheels I feel we are living life to our fullest just as your son was.

Ride in peace brother.
dimetime
5/8/2020 3:27pm
I read this last night and it was so profoundly moving and earth rattling that l had to disconnect for the night as it really fucked me up. So happy in a lot of ways my boy moved on from riding as this is a fathers nightmare come to life. My heart goes out to the family.

All l can say is much love to the family and prayers and positive thoughts as well as please rest in peace.
5/8/2020 6:56pm
I cant even...so heartbreaking to read. Prayers for him and his family, Dad and brother. I had so much more to say, but its just too much to even put to words.

The Shop

TXDirt
5/8/2020 8:05pm
“God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” -Matthew 5:4

Lord Jesus please comfort this family who is hurting right now because of the loss of their child. Would you give them the kind of peace only you can provide as they deal with this sudden loss. Please wrap your arms around them and send people their way who will love them, provide for their needs, and who will walk alongside them through this time of mourning.

I pray that during the quiet and still moments where their mind is racing and their heart is hurting, that you would help this family to feel at peace. I pray for the family of this child who is grieving, that they would find quiet, peaceful, and comforting moments with you, Lord.

It’s in the name of Jesus Christ I pray.

Amen
Jeff alessi
5/8/2020 8:05pm
Ride in paradise Connor! I may not of known you but I can see how much happiness you lived with and how much enjoyment you brought to those around you! Very talented individual and your lite shines on with those you saved Moto brother! Ride in paradise....
Racer111
5/8/2020 8:44pm
I’m in absolute shock. I haven’t been on Vital the last couple weeks as I have been in Kentucky.

Connor and Quincey Riley are more former step sons. I was married to their mother Diane. I was not expecting this when I opened the link. I knew who it was as soon as I saw his face. I don’t know what to do or say. I’m reaching out to their older step brothers Will and Nate.

RIP Connor. I think of you and your twin brother often. I can’t imagine what Quincy is going through. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.
kennyc
5/8/2020 8:52pm
Wow, what a great tribute. Please donate if you can.
5/9/2020 7:09am
That's rough. BTDT.

May 28, 2012... I woke up to find my 11 year old unconscious and unresponsive. Called the ambulance and then picked him up and carried him to the Suburban and drove him out to meet them (we live on a ranch 30 miles out....). Rode in the ambulance with him and when they took him to the LifeFlight to go to ABQ, I said "goodbye". I knew he was gone.

Gonna be a rough time for the family. For me, the first year was just shock and I got thru by thinking "At this time last year, David and I were....." Then the 1st anniversary came and went and I couldn't say that anymore. The 3rd year was the roughest by far for some reason. Oh... that's because my wife came down with breast cancer and stayed in AMA for treatment. So, I'm suddenly alone in the house with my youngest son- and we get along great- and it was SO QUIET. Thought about David a lot then. Now, each year just runs into the next and it just never goes away.

Dad's attitude is the only thing that's going to help- he's grateful for the time they DID have together. I know that finding that attitude saved me. It also changed my attitude toward my remaining son- we DO so many more things together. I used to spend money on "stuff", now I spend it on "doing" because _those_ were the memories I cherish.

Prayers and best wishes to Connor's family
Rob YZF250
5/9/2020 4:44pm
Very moving reading the write up and the comments here. So sorry for your loss. R.I.P Connor.
Zoom
5/9/2020 8:31pm
I was at 3 Palms today as we honored Conner. It was an amazing event. His Mom and Dad both spoke to about 150 riders and many many spectators. Amazing people.

Conner's Dad message was clear, love your kids and spend time with them. Something he did very well. Conner knew he was loved.

Conner's Dad and twin brother lead a lap in honor of him with about 100 riders behind them.

Conner was also an organ donor. Not too many 16 year olds are. 6 people lives have been extended because of Conner. He was an amazing kid. He touches all of us!!!
gharmon
5/10/2020 12:51am
That's rough. BTDT. May 28, 2012... I woke up to find my 11 year old unconscious and unresponsive. Called the ambulance and then picked him up...
That's rough. BTDT.

May 28, 2012... I woke up to find my 11 year old unconscious and unresponsive. Called the ambulance and then picked him up and carried him to the Suburban and drove him out to meet them (we live on a ranch 30 miles out....). Rode in the ambulance with him and when they took him to the LifeFlight to go to ABQ, I said "goodbye". I knew he was gone.

Gonna be a rough time for the family. For me, the first year was just shock and I got thru by thinking "At this time last year, David and I were....." Then the 1st anniversary came and went and I couldn't say that anymore. The 3rd year was the roughest by far for some reason. Oh... that's because my wife came down with breast cancer and stayed in AMA for treatment. So, I'm suddenly alone in the house with my youngest son- and we get along great- and it was SO QUIET. Thought about David a lot then. Now, each year just runs into the next and it just never goes away.

Dad's attitude is the only thing that's going to help- he's grateful for the time they DID have together. I know that finding that attitude saved me. It also changed my attitude toward my remaining son- we DO so many more things together. I used to spend money on "stuff", now I spend it on "doing" because _those_ were the memories I cherish.

I am in my first year still and I want to relieve every last moment I had with my boy. Like last week was the last time I "saw" him race. We race a very muddy Lazy River in Dalton, Ga. It is typically the last LLQ of the season in the southeast. We have raced it many years and last year he tore his acl in a wreck their.

I was telling someone the other day that this fucking virus is taking my memories away and not letting me celebrate our last times together. I sure hope Jacksonville happens. We spend about 6 days there last year with the racing and going to the beach. I would prove to the the last time I would every "See" my boy alive. Unfortunately, I know exactly how this father feels. RIP young man!!
Typo
5/10/2020 1:22am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2020 1:25am
That's rough. BTDT. May 28, 2012... I woke up to find my 11 year old unconscious and unresponsive. Called the ambulance and then picked him up...
That's rough. BTDT.

I'm sorry to read this. You're a very tough guy. Thank you for the reminder to cherish every moment.

Thoughts are with Connor's family as well. Sorry for your loss.
ConnorsDad
5/12/2020 11:52am
mrtuf wrote:
A friend of mine had one of the worst things possible happen to him. If you can help in any way I am sure it would...
A friend of mine had one of the worst things possible happen to him. If you can help in any way I am sure it would be appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/connor-riley-memorial-fund?utm_source=custom….
Want to Thank the hundreds in the MX Community who have reached out. While I appreciate everyone getting the GoFundMe link out, I don't want anything but for everyone to know how special my boy was. I have gotten over 10K views on videos I made honoring him and while I can never get closure I would like the moto community to be able to do so.

We are a mad bunch. A little different than most and typically don't fit into the rest of the worlds ball and stick view of what sport is. If I didn't have racing when I was growing up, I am not sure what kind of trouble I would have gotten in and I know I would not be the person I am.

This is my boy. This is our life. THIS is what it is all about. I was lucky to have a son the knew his father loved him and accepted everything about him. We had our challenges but I can say I was blessed to be in a special place with my son when he left that body.

Love your kids. Be Real. Be present. Hug them like you did when they were 5. Hold their hand. Tell them you love them and really mean it.

Take a few minutes and Honor my boy: https://youtu.be/flK9gm2_OSs
str8line
5/12/2020 5:37pm
mrtuf wrote:
A friend of mine had one of the worst things possible happen to him. If you can help in any way I am sure it would...
A friend of mine had one of the worst things possible happen to him. If you can help in any way I am sure it would be appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/connor-riley-memorial-fund?utm_source=custom….
ConnorsDad wrote:
Want to Thank the hundreds in the MX Community who have reached out. While I appreciate everyone getting the GoFundMe link out, I don't want anything...
Want to Thank the hundreds in the MX Community who have reached out. While I appreciate everyone getting the GoFundMe link out, I don't want anything but for everyone to know how special my boy was. I have gotten over 10K views on videos I made honoring him and while I can never get closure I would like the moto community to be able to do so.

We are a mad bunch. A little different than most and typically don't fit into the rest of the worlds ball and stick view of what sport is. If I didn't have racing when I was growing up, I am not sure what kind of trouble I would have gotten in and I know I would not be the person I am.

This is my boy. This is our life. THIS is what it is all about. I was lucky to have a son the knew his father loved him and accepted everything about him. We had our challenges but I can say I was blessed to be in a special place with my son when he left that body.

Love your kids. Be Real. Be present. Hug them like you did when they were 5. Hold their hand. Tell them you love them and really mean it.

Take a few minutes and Honor my boy: https://youtu.be/flK9gm2_OSs
So sorry for your loss. Connor seemed like a wonderful kid and he sure looked great on his bike. His life was cut short but he got to live a life that few do, along with a dad who loved him and a brother who loved him. I know you are proud of him, and I bet he was proud of you too. Wishing you and your family strength.
biondo
5/12/2020 9:45pm
Really sad ! I have a nine yr old son and have been trying to get him in the sport but I’m having second thoughts after reading what it would be like to lose my little buddy😂 I pray you find peace ...Thinking about a fellow dad and keeping y’all in my prayers ...
hubbardmx50
5/13/2020 6:04pm
Dennis, thank you so much for posting that video. I am sending all my love to your family, not only as a fellow rider but as a human being. Looks like Connor touched many lives.
TH
DPW
5/14/2020 7:28am
my condolences ...that was a tough/sad read..

Post a reply to: A post I hate to make.

The Latest