A post I hate to make.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2020 3:53 PM

A friend of mine had one of the worst things possible happen to him. If you can help in any way I am sure it would be appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/connor-riley-memorial-fund?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet.

|

5/7/2020 4:53 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Much too young to leave this world.

|

5/7/2020 5:58 PM

Wow,

What an awesome tribute to a son taken way too soon.

|

5/7/2020 6:03 PM

Heartbreaking, Sorry for your loss.

|

5/7/2020 6:23 PM

Nothing like a heart punch. I hated reading that.

|

5/7/2020 6:36 PM

Heartbreaking but at the same time it sounds like the father is handling it the right way reaching out to the other rider and track.

|

5/7/2020 6:37 PM

Jesus that was a brutal read. I love my boy like nothing I’ve ever felt and I can’t imagine losing him before I go. I hope his Dad makes it thru this loss.

|

5/7/2020 6:39 PM

So sad.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/7/2020 6:46 PM

Sorry to hear mate, RIP.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5/7/2020 6:53 PM

Man, that’s so heavy. Actually shed a few tears on that, as a father and a rider it hits home. So sorry for the loss.

|

5/7/2020 7:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2020 11:40 AM

Dear God.... that is horrible/tragic.

Did I read that right. How did he "lose his helmet". I know football helmets fly off all the time...but an MX helmet? What the heck would cause that?

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

5/7/2020 7:46 PM

Dam dude that’s the saddest thing I’ve read in a while unsure

|

5/7/2020 7:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2020 7:53 PM

That was profound. Donate a race entry fee. I did.

|

****The opinions in my posts are only mine! NOT that of my sponsors or clubs!****

5/7/2020 8:02 PM

God bless and god speed fellow moto brothers sisters family and friends. This will never be forgotten.

|

5/7/2020 8:06 PM

Condolences to the family and friends. As a father of a young rider that would be a horrible experience.

To the father, a wonderful tribute to your son and I wish you and your family peace.

|

5/7/2020 8:22 PM

Heavy heart. Rip

|

5/7/2020 8:54 PM

So sad. I’ll be praying for the family.

|

5/7/2020 9:20 PM

What a terrible story... praying for the family

|

5/7/2020 9:28 PM

Wow, it was hard to read that. That's something nobody should have to endure in their life. Prayers to his family and friends.

|

5/8/2020 7:00 AM

A very profound tribute indeed. As a father I can relate but more so appreciate and respect the fathers point of view and his outlook on the time spent on this earth with his family. As i was watching the tribute videos i couldn't help myself from emotionally breaking down and particularly be drawn to his message of his sons last's breaths. We are all living on borrowed time and we all search for our purpose here on earth, hopefully during all this current downtime that we've currently been experiencing we've realized whats truly important and meaningful in our lives. It seems that the Riley's understood the value of family and should be proud to share and hopefully heal through the sharing of their story. I hope his father is able to read this because I would like to offer my condolences and thank him for the inspiration to look beyond whats directly ahead and know that you offer very simple and inspirational wisdom through sharing your story, to LOVE.

|

5/8/2020 8:01 AM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

Did I read that right. How did he "lose his helmet". I know football helmets fly off all the time...but an MX helmet? What the heck would cause that?

My thoughts as well. Possibly a helmet not fitted properly or not strapped. Either way not a good thing. Having a ten year old son that rides with me this hits hard. Sad

|

5/8/2020 8:03 AM

Wow, that was hard to read. Haven't been that close to tears in a long time. Ride in peace Connor, my thoughts go out to your family.

And to think that could be any of us on our next ride...

|

5/8/2020 8:24 AM

I can’t even imagine. Prayers / positive thoughts to the family. sad

|

5/8/2020 9:06 AM

Holy Crap... I was reading this in horror... Then I realized I knew who Dennis is and how I know him from when he used to live up here in IL... this is aweful, so sorry....

|

5/8/2020 9:14 AM

Sorry for your loss. That was hard to read and not to get choked up.

My mind seems to always battle with the sport. It captivates me and destroys me all at the same time. What an incredible feeling of life it can give you and what a cruel bitch it can be at times. I have a daughter of my own and the "when" not "if" is always in my mind. I make better decisions on and off the bike to protect myself and my family but the variables are abundant.

This sport can bite you at any moment without making a bad decision or even playing it safe. I struggle with that as my reality but I fear nothing will ever give me the confidence and freedom moto gives.

RIP young man.

|

Ex Pro BMX rider. Lover of all 2 wheeled machines.

1978 XR75
1994 KX250
1997 KX250
2008 CRF450
2004 YZ250

5/8/2020 11:34 AM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

cwel11 wrote:

My thoughts as well. Possibly a helmet not fitted properly or not strapped. Either way not a good thing. Having a ten year old son that rides with me this hits hard. Sad

A few years back a kid cross rutted right in front of me. We were going probably 20mph, and I had no where to go. Plowed right into his side, but before I hit him I saw his helmet literally pop off his head like a cork when he hit the dirt. I don't think he had it strapped correctly.

Scares me because it could've turned out much worse had I hit him any higher.

Condolences to this family.

|

5/8/2020 12:26 PM

RIP Brother

|

5/8/2020 12:32 PM

I lost my 27 y/o moto buddy about 9 months ago and I feel this mans pain.. it is unimaginable as parents when we hear of these things we mourn for those parents because we know just how bad that loss would be. But we dont allow ourselves to dwelve there long as we know that pain would be intolerable to bear......until it hits you in the mouth and you are forced to deal with it! It is every bit as horrible as you ever though it would be just ten fold worse!! Its the absolute worst feeling any man will ever endure! I still cry quite frequently and its always there.. I will contribute to this man and his family and pray he finds the strength to carry on because it is VERY FUCKING hard to even get out of the bed much less carry on with life!! God speed young man!!

|

5/8/2020 12:36 PM

Wow, I don’t even know what else to say, that was unreal. If I can ever have a head on my shoulders screwed on as straight as his dad has I’ll be forever thankful, that was really powerful to read and and showed a hell of a lot of strength coming from his perspective.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

5/8/2020 12:46 PM

RIP Connor. My heart goes out to the entire family and all of his friends. Not sure what happened with him , but I’ve more than once been distracted in the pits , and have had to pull to the side of the track to put my helmet strap on. Hate to see posts like this , hang in there in these tough times.

|