A positive point about San Diego NBCSN broadcast

mooch
Fantasy
431st
Seemed NBCSN folks took some advice from folks!

The camera view during commercial breaks was changed up so that we could see riders lining up on the gate rather than a pulled back shot that wouldn't show anything.

Now, can someone send a memo to let them know to move the "commercial break in progress" banner to the top of screen so we can actually see riders on the gate rather than the banner Smile Besides giving something to actually see, gave me some sense of when motos would start up again since I could see if anyone was on the gate yet.

Honest question, because I have no clue...anybody know the process involved in getting what the cameras are capturing to the live feed that we see. Is that a satellite connection or are the crew at the stadium feeding that to a fast internet upload connection. With last night being the first night I experienced some buffering was wondering if weather would effect satellite uplink?

Worlds better these days, beats getting excited listening to an audio stream that described MC and RC battling for the lead back in the early 2000s Smile
|
bf884
2/3/2019 8:06am
I was thinking the same thing about the digital commercial banner. I really want them show the 50 race instead of just recap.
mooch
Fantasy
431st
2/3/2019 8:36am
Oh, forgot to give the obligatory review on RC in the booth.

IMHO...RC has stepped it up and providing some good insight and comes across much smoother than in the past.
early
Fantasy
2231st
2/3/2019 8:39am
The m2m and rider profile segments we're good and the science of supercross was applicable to the days races even if they didn't talk about the automatic goggle system
2/3/2019 8:44am
mooch wrote:
Oh, forgot to give the obligatory review on RC in the booth. IMHO...RC has stepped it up and providing some good insight and comes across much...
Oh, forgot to give the obligatory review on RC in the booth.

IMHO...RC has stepped it up and providing some good insight and comes across much smoother than in the past.
Thank you!
I agree entirely - he is approaching announcing like he did riding.

He wasn't always the prettiest out there - or what you would coach to others - but he won.

I think he will only get better, and while I miss Emig and think he was far better than people realized, at least RC is doing well.

It was really neat to see him defer questions to Villo rather than talk over him and then compliment his answers with his own take.

Post a reply to: A positive point about San Diego NBCSN broadcast

The Latest