A new use for the MEC Joker Lane?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/19/2015 11:40 AM

Instead of an extra section, what if the Joker Lane was a shortcut that each rider gets to take one time each moto? Seems like that might open up some interesting possibilities.

|

10/19/2015 11:42 AM

I think I like this idea better

|

10/19/2015 11:43 AM

Bet they would not forget that!

|

10/19/2015 11:44 AM

could cut a corner just enough to make an easy pass

|

10/19/2015 11:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2015 11:45 AM

Hell, why not make it one of those super tricky log or rock sections like they have in Endurocross? That would be pretty cool and would definitely make for something different.

Can you imagine Tomac wheeling through a section like that a la the Daytona whoops?

|

10/19/2015 11:50 AM

Or... Just get rid of it.

|

10/19/2015 11:52 AM

zehn wrote:

Hell, why not make it one of those super tricky log or rock sections like they have in Endurocross? That would be pretty cool ...more

Or something like this, haha! This was back in the 70s, apparently they took it out after the first race because the riders hated it so much!

Photo

|

10/19/2015 11:55 AM

Because it would pretty much take the strategy out of the race. Everybody would just hit it as early as possible.

|

10/19/2015 12:02 PM

Grieby54 wrote:

Because it would pretty much take the strategy out of the race. Everybody would just hit it as early as possible.

Yeah, that's a good point. I guess they could lock it up until the halfway point, but that's getting complicated. You're right, guys would probably just hit it first chance they got.

|

10/19/2015 12:07 PM

DPR250R wrote:

Agree.. Get rid of the joke lane..its been tried, its failed with numerous riders forgetting to take it, its time is up.

|

10/19/2015 12:16 PM

A short cut with spike strips .

|

Chuck Norris puts the laughter back in manslaughter

10/19/2015 12:18 PM

DPR250R wrote:

deltadestroyer11 wrote:

Agree.. Get rid of the joke lane..its been tried, its failed with numerous riders forgetting to take it, its time is up.

Dungey is the only rider I have seen forget to take it. Anderson knew he had to take it but got confused about what lap they were on. Other than that I have not heard of any other riders forgetting about it.

|

10/19/2015 12:21 PM

Add a pit stop - get the mechanic involved by having to change a front tire -silly

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

10/19/2015 12:21 PM

Other ideas;
Make them stop and shotgun a beer then proceed?

Pull in and solve a math problem then proceed?

Get rid of it altogether!

|

10/19/2015 12:25 PM

DPR250R wrote:

deltadestroyer11 wrote:

JJO741 wrote:

Dungey is the only rider I have seen forget to take it. Anderson knew he had to take it but got confused about what lap they ...more

RV forgot it.

|

10/19/2015 12:29 PM

Yup RV forgot it then wadded his brains out. Interesting to think about the joker lane throwing off his mental state that much. Maybe it is a good feature (not for the crash, but for shaking things up a bit).

|

10/19/2015 12:37 PM

I'm still waiting for the nascar style pitstop....keep watching, its coming.

Stamp it.

|

10/19/2015 12:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2015 12:44 PM

deltadestroyer11 wrote:

JJO741 wrote:

Dungey is the only rider I have seen forget to take it. Anderson knew he had to take it but got confused about what lap they ...more

Grieby54 wrote:

RV forgot it.

Yeah I was going to say....

Stewy and RV had that epic battle going on until Villo forgot to take it and subsequently had a pretty big crash right after that.

EDIT: mjr beat me to it

|

10/19/2015 1:31 PM

I think the Joker Lane at the LA round of GRC was a "shortcut". It wasn't too different, but it did seem like most waited for the last lap to take it.

|

o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o
Winning is the best deodorant.

10/19/2015 1:33 PM

JJO741 wrote:

Well I'm sure others (less high profile riders)..have forgotten as well that don't get mentioned on the broadcast. Even if its not really a problem.. what would motivate a back of the pack rider to take the joker lane? I mean the privateers running in 17 or 18th place probably ain't too enthused about taking a section of track that's gonna knock three or four seconds off their laptimes when they already know they're not gonna have any kind of decent finish.. idk.. just food for thought... I don't like it... the joker lane... that's stupid to me.. I bet there's more than a fair share of riders that don't like it too.
I think maybe put a couple sections ( fenced off) that takes the track up into the stands and put the action super close to the spectators...so close the spectators could almost reach out and touch them..very, very up close..just a thought.

|

10/19/2015 2:23 PM

TankSlapper wrote:

I think the Joker Lane at the LA round of GRC was a "shortcut". It wasn't too different, but it did seem like most waited for ...more

It was a shortcut at the Detroit round too. People were taking it at different times depending on their position.

|

Nick
-2015 Grom grocery getter
-2011 Road King Classic
-2010 WR250X supermoto

10/19/2015 2:26 PM

How about only giving the riders enough fuel to go 7 laps max. That would make them remember...

|

10/19/2015 2:42 PM

Hut wrote:

Other ideas;

Get rid of it ...more

Haha Beers! We did that at a hare scramble one year.

|

10/19/2015 2:45 PM

Hut wrote:

Other ideas;

Get rid of it ...more

JRMX59 wrote:

Haha Beers! We did that at a hare scramble one year.

...no...make them all down a Monster...

|

rickys james mc hannah 469...ama pro career wins...and counting
which means these riders have an average of 92 wins ea...
which is equal to over 3 years of winning every single sx and natl each...
15 years of absolute total 100% domination ...just sayin' ...

10/19/2015 2:46 PM

zehn wrote:

Hell, why not make it one of those super tricky log or rock sections like they have in Endurocross? That would be pretty cool ...more

I'm in full support of this, maybe a simified matrix section so there aren't any rocks to punch holes in the engine cases. I'm actually curtious how these guys would do through a section like that, I don't see it going well for anyone shorter than average but it would be pretty damn funny! Believe me though, nobody will be wheeling through that.laughing

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

10/19/2015 4:57 PM

Shit lets make them stop and change a rear tire and tube. That would be total comedy.

|

MR. X wrote:

That one dog keeps winning ,I'm so bored watching the finals ,somebody , somewhere ,owes me something . They need to change the format ,that way the dog I want to win will have a chance against the much faster dogs.

10/19/2015 6:49 PM

bob567 wrote:

Shit lets make them stop and change a rear tire and tube. That would be total comedy.

Ryan Sipes would show up and win.

|

if you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

10/19/2015 6:56 PM

dazzlindino wrote:

...no...make them all down a Monster...

Dont wanna kill 'em!

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

10/19/2015 7:02 PM

How about a flame throwing starting gate .

|

Chuck Norris puts the laughter back in manslaughter

10/19/2015 7:02 PM

Hut wrote:

Other ideas;

Get rid of it ...more

|