12/7/2017 8:37pm
Sexy !!!

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
12/7/2017 8:45pm
Wiseco but that can't be...

Being sarcastic. Used their products for years with no issues.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
12/7/2017 8:56pm
Me likey.
Naanak
12/7/2017 10:07pm
All I want for Christmas is that.
12/8/2017 12:28am
All that bling and they run a stock chain guide? Did they at least make it out of titanium?
Seriously! You're hung up about the use of a stock chain guide? How much lighter do you think a Ti unit would be over the stock aluminium one? Not enough to justify the price if any over something they would get for free within the parts budget I bet
crockett
12/8/2017 12:53am
man if i could ride one factory bike for a day, i think it would be a honda.
would love to feel what kind of power these teams pull out of 250f's
Lemon100
12/8/2017 2:56am
I have a question , we see that the fork is not a brand new , a rider keep the same fork all the season , several seasons ?
KMC440
12/8/2017 4:41am
Meh ... looks pretty much the same the last few years ... more lizard ?
bball35
12/8/2017 5:08am
Damn that is one sexy bike.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
12/8/2017 5:28am
Funny in a interview he said the engine was lacking but it's getting there now. But he loves the rest of the bike.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/8/2017 8:30am
mx_phreek wrote:
Funny in a interview he said the engine was lacking but it's getting there now. But he loves the rest of the bike.
I found that interesting also. At the teams level, I didn’t even know a motor could be lacking! Maybe it was just a power placement issue?
12/8/2017 9:28am
All that bling and they run a stock chain guide? Did they at least make it out of titanium?
Seriously! You're hung up about the use of a stock chain guide? How much lighter do you think a Ti unit would be over the stock...
Seriously! You're hung up about the use of a stock chain guide? How much lighter do you think a Ti unit would be over the stock aluminium one? Not enough to justify the price if any over something they would get for free within the parts budget I bet
I'm just saying. Its strange to me that almost every other hard part on the bike is non-stock.

ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/8/2017 9:41am
mx_phreek wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I found that interesting also. At the teams level, I didn’t even know a motor could be lacking! Maybe it was just a power placement issue?
They had nine years of development on their old racing package...they've had just over two months on the new engine. Stuff like new cams, Pistons, and rods take time to get made...let alone the endless crank combinations and amount of time they'll play with research and porting on the head...then mapping for each change.

Their engine guy Kibby said the spec is literally changing daily at the moment.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
12/8/2017 10:04am
I'm guessing the lacking statement come from it being a mid to top engine and it being pretty dead from low to mid. Which isn't such a problem for outdoors were you can keep it spinning over but for sx you need more low end pick up.
Squirtlege
12/8/2017 10:11am
mx_phreek wrote:
I'm guessing the lacking statement come from it being a mid to top engine and it being pretty dead from low to mid. Which isn't such...
I'm guessing the lacking statement come from it being a mid to top engine and it being pretty dead from low to mid. Which isn't such a problem for outdoors were you can keep it spinning over but for sx you need more low end pick up.
Speculators gonna speculate........
twotwosix
12/8/2017 10:12am
ML512 wrote:
They had nine years of development on their old racing package...they've had just over two months on the new engine. Stuff like new cams, Pistons, and...
They had nine years of development on their old racing package...they've had just over two months on the new engine. Stuff like new cams, Pistons, and rods take time to get made...let alone the endless crank combinations and amount of time they'll play with research and porting on the head...then mapping for each change.

Makes you wonder if they have a cutoff date in mind for A1. Like, alright, we need to have our final spec done, in the bikes by Christmas. Is FC or any other top 250 team using any in house test riders these days or is that just more of a 450 team thing?

I remember reading about the year Mitch and PC went to Kawis and the were still porting cylinders the last few days before A1 trying to find more power!
kibby
12/8/2017 2:36pm
Seriously! You're hung up about the use of a stock chain guide? How much lighter do you think a Ti unit would be over the stock...
I'm just saying. Its strange to me that almost every other hard part on the bike is non-stock.

Look closer and you will notice the chain guide is actually not stock.
Also FYI, when comparing Titanium to Aluminum in equal volumes Aluminum is typically approximately 30% lighter, replacing with Ti in this instance would probably be a downgrade.
12/13/2017 1:24pm
mx_phreek wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
They had nine years of development on their old racing package...they've had just over two months on the new engine. Stuff like new cams, Pistons, and...

At what HP do we talking about with this new package. I remember Ziggy said something similar when they made the switch from the 09 to the 010 bike.
Forty
12/13/2017 1:41pm
kibby wrote:
Look closer and you will notice the chain guide is actually not stock. Also FYI, when comparing Titanium to Aluminum in equal volumes Aluminum is typically...
Look closer and you will notice the chain guide is actually not stock.
Also FYI, when comparing Titanium to Aluminum in equal volumes Aluminum is typically approximately 30% lighter, replacing with Ti in this instance would probably be a downgrade.
Nice!

Post a reply to: A look at Christian Craig's 2018 GEICO Honda CRF250R

The Latest