A little info on Peacock for Firetv/stick

downard254
5/30/2021 6:35am
So a while back, I had started a post about using Peacock on any of my FireTv's or FireStick'd TV's. I had lost the feature to watch replays. I was able to watch live, but when I tried to load the replay, Peacock would kick me out of the app and back to the TV's home screen. In the last couple weeks, I can't even access Peacock as it says it must be updated. Soooooooo, to update on a FireTV/stick, it tries to send you to the Amazon store, but Peacock isn't available there, so you have to download another app (Aptoide I believe) to sideload the update. Went through all that bullshit and completed the update, now Peacock says it's not compatible with my device.
Has anyone else had success getting the updated Peacock loaded onto their FireTV? I can still watch it on my IPad, or through the laptop and browser connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. You would thing that with todays tech, the results wouldn't be so shitty. Looks like I may have to buy a Roku and attach that to my FireTV just to run Peacock.

Sheesh!!!

Edit: I feel the need to go bitchslap someone at corporate! Yea, I'm slightly miffed.
|
mattyhamz2
5/30/2021 7:29am
Go to Google and type in How to update side loaded peacock on FireStick.

It will tell you to go to the downloaded app, then type in 2118 into the search bar. It will then bring up a link. Click the link and then on the next screen choose install. I had to do it twice yesterday for my parents and then once again at my house.
chrisg19
5/30/2021 7:37am
I sideloaded it with the latest update (2118), and Firestick loaded the App. I could see the screens to "watch First Motos", but when I clicked on them, the actual race feed never loaded. I just had the spinning orange wheel. Tried reinstalling, and every time, just left with the orange sinning wheel. Gave up and watched on a different device. I like the Firestick, but they take too long getting apps on their product.
mattyhamz2
5/30/2021 9:45am
chrisg19 wrote:
I sideloaded it with the latest update (2118), and Firestick loaded the App. I could see the screens to "watch First Motos", but when I clicked...
I sideloaded it with the latest update (2118), and Firestick loaded the App. I could see the screens to "watch First Motos", but when I clicked on them, the actual race feed never loaded. I just had the spinning orange wheel. Tried reinstalling, and every time, just left with the orange sinning wheel. Gave up and watched on a different device. I like the Firestick, but they take too long getting apps on their product.
Mine would quit randomly every time I tried watching. Unplugged the fire stick and worked fine after that
mooch
5/31/2021 7:05am
After multiple side loads of peacock on my firetv...I threw in the towel and bought the least expensive Roku just so I wasn't pulling my hair out trying to access sx/mx on peacock.

The Shop

ocscottie
5/31/2021 11:37am
mooch wrote:
After multiple side loads of peacock on my firetv...I threw in the towel and bought the least expensive Roku just so I wasn't pulling my hair...
After multiple side loads of peacock on my firetv...I threw in the towel and bought the least expensive Roku just so I wasn't pulling my hair out trying to access sx/mx on peacock.
I had the same problem, tried updating to no avail, so i just went through my Xbox to peacock app.
Kryan5
5/31/2021 5:51pm
You guys are doing a hard restart after downloading the app through Downloader, right?
ocscottie
5/31/2021 6:40pm
Kryan5 wrote:
You guys are doing a hard restart after downloading the app through Downloader, right?
No, I didn't even think of that. The last time I tried I got the msg that said something like, "This application is not compatible with this device" From there I gave up and just used my Xbox.

Ill try that though!
Kryan5
6/1/2021 4:54am
Also, you have to go into settings and "enable apps from unknown sources".
6/1/2021 5:00am
It needed and Update I ended up Uninstalling and reinstalling with downloader and worked perfect. You tube walks you through it perfectly
Moto849TD
6/1/2021 6:33am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2021 6:33am
This website is a great source:

https: // troypoint. com /
G-man
6/6/2021 1:31pm
Moto849TD wrote:
This website is a great source:

https: // troypoint. com /
Thanks that helped a lot came home from vacation only to find Peacock needed an update that I was not able to upload.

What a PITA this streaming crap is for guys like me in their 60's....Angry

Post a reply to: A little info on Peacock for Firetv/stick

The Latest

The Latest