A little help in Sacramento?

Related:
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
11/25/2020 5:09pm
Have anyone figured out how to send some quality beer to Hammer 663s? I'm in for a case or 3 of his drink of choice.
Hammer 663s
11/25/2020 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2020 5:13pm
Updated list.

Mayson is 5'7" and 120.
30 pant, medium jersey, medium glove
10 boot
Helmet size Medium
Prefers red & black color theme.

Bike is 07 CRF150r Expert (big wheel)

Cash in hand - $1350 total
Suspension service - Slipdog and others
Levers - Tim 969v
Boots Tech 7s - onefiveeight
Air filters - JTM
Grips - Motosport
Gear set - larryloupout
TP199 knee guards, socks, shirt - Wyatt
Plastics/Graphics - omalley & Decal Works!
Goggle set - Justin
Chain & Sprockets - Moto849TD
Seat cover - Nathaniel129
Maxima chain kit - SlowGTI
Hand tools - DCMX & Tools: Dan the Tool Man
Wrench set - BigBoreFan58
Neck Brace - AHarmon237
Honda Hoodie - BudLong82
Kenda tires, new tubes, and fresh brake pads - Chris Walent
Thor Helmet - Titanium
Maxima chain kit and tie downs - CaptMoto
Track chairs & Table - slowGTI
Bars and barpad - Seth505
2 pair TLD gloves - TeamGreen
RacerX subscription - Dimblewambie
Oils/Lubes - cwolf96
Fork Guards w/graphics & Tusk shift/brake levers - Hammer 663s
Bling - Works Connection
X Brand Goggles and WTS Swag - David Pingree (Ping 101)
Funnel and clutch/throttle cables - MXRacer816

KTM race rig tour @ Hangtown 2021 - courtesy of Mag23 & the Vohlands!
Hammer 663s
11/25/2020 5:15pm
avidchimp wrote:
Have anyone figured out how to send some quality beer to Hammer 663s? I'm in for a case or 3 of his drink of choice.
Dude, I do appreciate the thought, as I really love a good beer, but my MX Tech suspension is setup for a 185 Vet Intermediate and I am a 195 Vet slug right now. 3 cases of beer is NOT going to take me in the right direction!

Hammer 663s
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
11/25/2020 5:19pm
Dude, I do appreciate the thought, as I really love a good beer, but my MX Tech suspension is setup for a 185 Vet Intermediate and...
Dude, I do appreciate the thought, as I really love a good beer, but my MX Tech suspension is setup for a 185 Vet Intermediate and I am a 195 Vet slug right now. 3 cases of beer is NOT going to take me in the right direction!

Hammer 663s
HA! I'm the same.

Either way, thank you for doing this. It's going to be X-Mas for this kid everyday for a month.

The Shop

BS12
11/25/2020 5:34pm
This is the kind of ten pager i love to see. btw. [img]https://media4.giphy.com/media/87CKDqErVfMqY/giphy.gif[/img] I would order torque wrench for him myself but every man should buy...
This is the kind of ten pager i love to see. btw.

I would order torque wrench for him myself but every man should buy his first own torque wrench for his sprocket bolts himself. So hope the money helps for that cause. ;-)
I will have him reach out to Dan the Tool Man at DCMX tools to buy his first one.

Hammer
Given the HOF status of this thread, along with photos of Mayson with all of his gear, pleaseeee also post a photo of him torquing his sprocket bolts!
Mxracer607
11/25/2020 5:44pm
Just heard back from the owner of Works Connection, he doesn't have a Vital login but asked me to post for him. They will be supplying...
Just heard back from the owner of Works Connection, he doesn't have a Vital login but asked me to post for him.

They will be supplying some parts too!

From WC...
"We can definitely supply some parts for his bike👍🏻
I just read through the posts, great cause!!!
I don’t have a Vital login, but if you want go ahead and count us IN!"
WC is right over there in Cameron Park, just a few miles from where Mayson lives. Maybe we can drop the bike off there when Slipdog...
WC is right over there in Cameron Park, just a few miles from where Mayson lives. Maybe we can drop the bike off there when Slipdog is done and have them add a few things before it goes back to Mayson?

Hammer
Works Connection will be shipping the parts early next week.
Eric is a great guy
sparker245
11/25/2020 6:25pm
WC is right over there in Cameron Park, just a few miles from where Mayson lives. Maybe we can drop the bike off there when Slipdog...
WC is right over there in Cameron Park, just a few miles from where Mayson lives. Maybe we can drop the bike off there when Slipdog is done and have them add a few things before it goes back to Mayson?

Hammer
Works Connection will be shipping the parts early next week.
Mxracer607 wrote:
Eric is a great guy
Yes he is.
omalley
11/25/2020 8:02pm
avidchimp wrote:
Dude, I do appreciate the thought, as I really love a good beer, but my MX Tech suspension is setup for a 185 Vet Intermediate and...

Hammer 663s
It’s all good...you just slow down to offset the extra weight. Been doing this for years to keep my settings correct...LaughingLaughingLaughing
bigmaico
11/26/2020 7:45am
OK time for a little pay back from when the Vitards help me through my BIG accident!

Don't have a lot to give, but I've got 2 Gary Smics Videos & a couple of MX riding books that I'll send out Monday !
Hammer 663s
11/26/2020 8:40am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2020 8:42am
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Something tells me that Mayson's day is going to be good, as will Christmas, and maybe even all of 2021. I didn't start this thread with this in mind - I was just hoping to get some help doing some seals and oil! But you guys took this next level, and have had a massive impact on not just Mayson, but on his family and friends,

As of this morning we are up to $1500 in cash in my paypal and venmo accounts. A few more items have been added to the list and I will update it later today. I plan to let this thread run until Christmas, at which point I will have it locked and work with Mayson's grandparents to bank the balance, possibly some in a 529 or other investment for his future.

Speaking of futures, I'm gonna see if we can really go next level. Does anyone here have an in with Universal Technical Institute in Sacramento? We all know that only a tiny fraction make it to the pro level, and of that, very few really make any money at this sport. So Mayson's odds of earning a living as a racer are slim, but that doesn't mean he can't earn an living in this sport. If anyone has some real pull, lets see what we can do about getting him a scholarship of some type to UTI Sacramento. He's a Freshman in high school, so entry into the working world isn't that far away from him.

Thank you all for all you've done!

Mike Hamershock
Hammer 663s
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
11/26/2020 4:18pm Edited Date/Time 11/26/2020 4:55pm
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Something tells me that Mayson's day is going to be good, as will Christmas, and maybe even all of 2021...
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Something tells me that Mayson's day is going to be good, as will Christmas, and maybe even all of 2021. I didn't start this thread with this in mind - I was just hoping to get some help doing some seals and oil! But you guys took this next level, and have had a massive impact on not just Mayson, but on his family and friends,

As of this morning we are up to $1500 in cash in my paypal and venmo accounts. A few more items have been added to the list and I will update it later today. I plan to let this thread run until Christmas, at which point I will have it locked and work with Mayson's grandparents to bank the balance, possibly some in a 529 or other investment for his future.

Speaking of futures, I'm gonna see if we can really go next level. Does anyone here have an in with Universal Technical Institute in Sacramento? We all know that only a tiny fraction make it to the pro level, and of that, very few really make any money at this sport. So Mayson's odds of earning a living as a racer are slim, but that doesn't mean he can't earn an living in this sport. If anyone has some real pull, lets see what we can do about getting him a scholarship of some type to UTI Sacramento. He's a Freshman in high school, so entry into the working world isn't that far away from him.

Thank you all for all you've done!

Mike Hamershock
Hammer 663s
That's a great idea Hammer. I am going to buy/send him the Service Manual tonight that I mentioned earlier in this thread.

It may be a springboard towards an interest in working on his bike and even more in the future.

What a great thing you started here Hammer. So awesome to see some folks like me that didn't have much $ at his age, or had experienced similar life events, throwing in to help Mayson out now that they have the means to do so.

UPDATE* - Just got confirmation that my order was confirmed for Mayson to receive the Honda CRF150RB printed manual I bought for him. Will get tracking info posted when they send it!

Sprocket bolt torquing will be a mystery no more for Mayson!
insurgent92
Fantasy
705th
11/26/2020 6:40pm
Money sent. Looking forward to updates for Mayson. Great thing you are doing
Hammer 663s
11/26/2020 9:00pm
Last one for the day, and likely till Monday. I'm taking my boy and a neighbor's boy to Woodland MX tomorrow for racing all weekend, so won't have much internet, time, or energy. If you are there stop by and say hello. Attitude toy hauler, riders #500 and 88.

Updated list.

Mayson is 5'7" and 120.
30 pant, medium jersey, medium glove
10 boot
Helmet size Medium
Prefers red & black color theme.

Bike is 07 CRF150r Expert (big wheel)

Cash in hand - $1500 total
Suspension service - Slipdog and others
Levers - Tim 969v
Boots Tech 7s - onefiveeight
Air filters - JTM
Grips - Motosport
Gear set - larryloupout
TP199 knee guards, socks, shirt - Wyatt
Plastics/Graphics - omalley & Decal Works!
Goggle set - Justin
Chain & Sprockets - Moto849TD
Seat cover - Nathaniel129
Maxima chain kit - SlowGTI
Hand tools - DCMX & Tools: Dan the Tool Man
Wrench set - BigBoreFan58
Neck Brace - AHarmon237
Honda Hoodie - BudLong82
Kenda tires, new tubes, and fresh brake pads - Chris Walent
Thor Helmet - Titanium
Maxima chain kit and tie downs - CaptMoto
Track chairs & bike stand - slowGTI
Bars and barpad - Seth505
2 pair TLD gloves - TeamGreen
RacerX subscription - Dimblewambie
Oils/Lubes - cwolf96
Fork Guards w/graphics & Tusk shift/brake levers - Hammer 663s
Bling - Works Connection
X Brand Goggles and WTS Swag - David Pingree (Ping 101)
Funnel and clutch/throttle cables - MXRacer816
Craftsman 3/8" Torque wrench - AJ565
AHRMA361 - CRF150rb shop manual

KTM race rig tour @ Hangtown 2021 - courtesy of Mag23 & the Vohlands!

Hammer 663s
Spat24
Fantasy
856th
11/26/2020 9:49pm
Have fun at Woodland. I like that track. I will be headed to Eddieville tomorrow and maybe Riverdale on Sunday.

Hope you and your boy have a great time. You deserve it.
Ryan625
11/26/2020 9:55pm
Enjoy woodland! I’m tempted to go there just to shake your hand, but am not cleared to ride yet and don’t want to bore my 4 year old with 5 hours of driving lol

You’ve done a great deal of kindness, I hope it helps shape his life. If nothing else one day he could be on the other end doing something like this for someone else. I said it once, but I’ll say it again, this was the thread I needed in 2020.
Whymee
11/27/2020 11:27am
Wow... Just wow...

I guess getting old caused me to stop several times while reading this thread. At least that is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Props to the community for pulling together for this cause. Renews my faith in mankind.

I see no mention of a toolbox. Count me in for that piece of necessary equipment. Will have Matrix ship out once I get a complete shipping addy (last name omitted in the thread).

Please send info to whymee415@gmail.com

Hammer 663s
11/27/2020 6:57pm
Mayson has had 6 boxes show up today. He’s just blown away. I don’t think he was sure this was real until now. Also, up to over $1600 in cash now.

Beautiful eve at Woodland. Crisp, perfect for a campfire, almost a full moon. Gonna be great conditions all weekend.

Hammer 663s
centralcalmx
Fantasy
98th
11/27/2020 7:01pm
omalley wrote:
I’ll double check but I believe stock replacement colors. I’m checking on whether the kit comes with new fork guards. The stickers aren’t full-coverage on those...
I’ll double check but I believe stock replacement colors. I’m checking on whether the kit comes with new fork guards. The stickers aren’t full-coverage on those , I don’t think.

I’ll update when I get an answer.
omalley wrote:
Got a reply-stock colors, fork guards not included (they don’t come in the kit that they use). Let me know what you’d like to do and/or...
Got a reply-stock colors, fork guards not included (they don’t come in the kit that they use). Let me know what you’d like to do and/or if someone wants to pick up a set of fork guards.
I will order a set of black fork guards, and Tusk shift and brake levers for him. Maybe Decal Works can throw together a graphic set...
I will order a set of black fork guards, and Tusk shift and brake levers for him. Maybe Decal Works can throw together a graphic set for them that will work.

Hammer 663s
Hammer thanks for the update.
Enjoy a weekend of Racing
omalley
11/27/2020 7:09pm
Hammer, sent you a PM with the tracking number to pass along for the graphics/plastic. Should be there later this coming week.
DK23
11/27/2020 9:03pm
Long time lurker, but just joined to help out Mayson. I don't even own a 'real' dirt bike and didn't know what kind of parts/gear are needed, so just sent you some help via Venmo. This is the 2nd time I have seen a thread on here that made me tear up. First was for the little boy in the hospital who you guys got mentioned on the broadcast at the Salt Lake SX race. Good group of people on here!
Moto849TD
11/27/2020 9:55pm
Looks like chain and sprockets landed yesterday! Shred on Mayson!
Whymee
11/28/2020 1:44am
Thanks for the quick response Hammer 663s.

Toolbox is on its way...
wb173
11/28/2020 12:17pm
This is awesome! Hope the family/person receiving this returns the good vibes in return.
Hammer 663s
11/28/2020 3:53pm
wb173 wrote:
This is awesome! Hope the family/person receiving this returns the good vibes in return.
Mayson and I have talked a few times. He is very aware of the generosity being extended to him.
Several times he has mentioned that he hopes he can pay this forward in the future. I’m pretty sure some thank you cards will be going out in the mail too.

Hammer 663s
wb173
11/28/2020 4:14pm
wb173 wrote:
Mayson and I have talked a few times. He is very aware of the generosity being extended to him. Several times he has mentioned that he...
Mayson and I have talked a few times. He is very aware of the generosity being extended to him.
Several times he has mentioned that he hopes he can pay this forward in the future. I’m pretty sure some thank you cards will be going out in the mail too.

Hammer 663s
Awesome. Not sure why your story has helped someone in need but happy to see. Hope others in need get the same response in the near future.
Hammer 663s
11/29/2020 7:37pm
wb173 wrote:
Mayson and I have talked a few times. He is very aware of the generosity being extended to him. Several times he has mentioned that he...

Hammer 663s
wb173 wrote:
Awesome. Not sure why your story has helped someone in need but happy to see. Hope others in need get the same response in the near...
Awesome. Not sure why your story has helped someone in need but happy to see. Hope others in need get the same response in the near future.
Huh. First a$$-holish post and and down vote in 7 pages and 12,000+ views. Nice work wb173. What have you done lately?

I spent all weekend at the track, wrenching and doing gate prep, cooking and motivating 2 14 year olds, one of whom isn
't even mine.

Nice work.

Hammer
yak651
Fantasy
214th
11/29/2020 7:45pm

Hammer 663s
wb173 wrote:
Awesome. Not sure why your story has helped someone in need but happy to see. Hope others in need get the same response in the near...
Huh. First a$$-holish post and and down vote in 7 pages and 12,000+ views. Nice work wb173. What have you done lately? I spent all weekend...
Huh. First a$$-holish post and and down vote in 7 pages and 12,000+ views. Nice work wb173. What have you done lately?

I spent all weekend at the track, wrenching and doing gate prep, cooking and motivating 2 14 year olds, one of whom isn
't even mine.

Nice work.

Hammer
Was thinking the exact thing but didn’t want to wreck the vibe of this awesome thread pointing it out. Ignore it, always have to be that one person...
Hammer 663s
11/29/2020 9:05pm
wb173 wrote:
Huh. First a$$-holish post and and down vote in 7 pages and 12,000+ views. Nice work wb173. What have you done lately? I spent all weekend...

't even mine.

Nice work.

Hammer
yak651 wrote:
Was thinking the exact thing but didn’t want to wreck the vibe of this awesome thread pointing it out. Ignore it, always have to be that...
Was thinking the exact thing but didn’t want to wreck the vibe of this awesome thread pointing it out. Ignore it, always have to be that one person...
Yeah you are right. Worn out after 20 gate drops over 2 days, and with a couple of beers in me, my inner keyboard warrior came out. Wink It’s been a great thread so far full of positive vibes!!!!

Hammer

Post a reply to: A little help in Sacramento?

The Latest