A little help in Sacramento?

Related:
Hammer 663s
11/25/2020 10:07am
omalley wrote:
Update. Got the proof from Decal Works just now. These will be applied to new plastic by them and shipped to Mayson’s place. They also are...
Update. Got the proof from Decal Works just now. These will be applied to new plastic by them and shipped to Mayson’s place. They also are throwing in a bunch of mini-plate decals, etc.

Does the kit have lower fork leg covers/graphics? If not I will order up some new lowers - what color plastics did you go with?

Hammer
Mxracer607
11/25/2020 10:19am
Hey guys just wanted to remind you guys that the 07-20 150s are all the same except for minor changes. The bike still has new parts being made for it. Cheers. This is a great thing you guys are doing. I’m looking forward to seeing him at local tracks. I should be the same age group as him so maybe we could ride sometime if he ever makes it out to e-street or riverfront. Or maybe even hangtown.
Hammer 663s
11/25/2020 10:24am
Mxracer607 wrote:
Hey guys just wanted to remind you guys that the 07-20 150s are all the same except for minor changes. The bike still has new parts...
Hey guys just wanted to remind you guys that the 07-20 150s are all the same except for minor changes. The bike still has new parts being made for it. Cheers. This is a great thing you guys are doing. I’m looking forward to seeing him at local tracks. I should be the same age group as him so maybe we could ride sometime if he ever makes it out to e-street or riverfront. Or maybe even hangtown.
If you'd like to email me your contact info (or parent) I'll pass it on to Mayson's Grandpa. Someone here will arrange to meet you for a track day once the bike is ready. Probably after Christmas.

Hammer
neverwas
Fantasy
868th
11/25/2020 10:34am
I showed this thread to my wife, She as well as I are awe struck at the generosity and kindness shown here. Had us in tears a few times.
This is so cool, The moto community is why I have been riding and racing for nearly 50 years, well that and it's a lot of fun.

The Shop

11/25/2020 10:40am
Just heard back from the owner of Works Connection, he doesn't have a Vital login but asked me to post for him. They will be supplying...
Just heard back from the owner of Works Connection, he doesn't have a Vital login but asked me to post for him.

They will be supplying some parts too!

From WC...
"We can definitely supply some parts for his bike👍🏻
I just read through the posts, great cause!!!
I don’t have a Vital login, but if you want go ahead and count us IN!"
WC is right over there in Cameron Park, just a few miles from where Mayson lives. Maybe we can drop the bike off there when Slipdog...
WC is right over there in Cameron Park, just a few miles from where Mayson lives. Maybe we can drop the bike off there when Slipdog is done and have them add a few things before it goes back to Mayson?

Hammer
Works Connection will be shipping the parts early next week.
mxracer816
Fantasy
2838th
11/25/2020 10:42am
Best thread I've seen on here in a while! This is the main reason we're all here, essentially we're one big family. We stick together, and help one another out when we are struggling. This thread made my day, I'll try to do some thinking and get something together for him. I'm thinking a new throttle and clutch cable.
Hammer 663s
11/25/2020 11:12am
This is the kind of ten pager i love to see. btw. [img]https://media4.giphy.com/media/87CKDqErVfMqY/giphy.gif[/img] I would order torque wrench for him myself but every man should buy...
This is the kind of ten pager i love to see. btw.

I would order torque wrench for him myself but every man should buy his first own torque wrench for his sprocket bolts himself. So hope the money helps for that cause. ;-)
I will have him reach out to Dan the Tool Man at DCMX tools to buy his first one.

Hammer
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
11/25/2020 11:27am
This is the kind of ten pager i love to see. btw. [img]https://media4.giphy.com/media/87CKDqErVfMqY/giphy.gif[/img] I would order torque wrench for him myself but every man should buy...
This is the kind of ten pager i love to see. btw.

I would order torque wrench for him myself but every man should buy his first own torque wrench for his sprocket bolts himself. So hope the money helps for that cause. ;-)
I will have him reach out to Dan the Tool Man at DCMX tools to buy his first one.

Hammer
Awesome man,

I will admit the torque wrench thing was mainly a dig at Vital meme Tongue (originated by Falcon if i'm not mistaken) of torquing and often checking and re-torquing your sprocket bolts (even for unrelated issues like blown engines, casing jumps, etc. - aka accordingly torqued sprocket bolt is always the solution). But hey, every tool that has it's use is worth it. Wink

Once again awesome effort for everyone involved in this thread - HOF material no doubt. Looking forward to updates in the future. And some of the stories i encountered in this forum are worth to be in a book.
Hammer 663s
11/25/2020 11:34am
Awesome man, I will admit the torque wrench thing was mainly a dig at Vital meme :P (originated by Falcon if i'm not mistaken) of torquing...
Awesome man,

I will admit the torque wrench thing was mainly a dig at Vital meme Tongue (originated by Falcon if i'm not mistaken) of torquing and often checking and re-torquing your sprocket bolts (even for unrelated issues like blown engines, casing jumps, etc. - aka accordingly torqued sprocket bolt is always the solution). But hey, every tool that has it's use is worth it. Wink

Once again awesome effort for everyone involved in this thread - HOF material no doubt. Looking forward to updates in the future. And some of the stories i encountered in this forum are worth to be in a book.
Yeah, I've seen the sprocket bolt torque gag come up over and over here over the years. Good stuff!

Personally, a good torque wrench is one of my most important tools. Triple clamps, linkage, axle nuts, subframe and engine mounts. Torque settings are critical on those or you can do damage, or get hurt. Like we seen in all those photos - shoulda torqued the damn sprocket bolts!

Hammer
omalley
11/25/2020 12:08pm
omalley wrote:
Update. Got the proof from Decal Works just now. These will be applied to new plastic by them and shipped to Mayson’s place. They also are...
Update. Got the proof from Decal Works just now. These will be applied to new plastic by them and shipped to Mayson’s place. They also are throwing in a bunch of mini-plate decals, etc.

Does the kit have lower fork leg covers/graphics? If not I will order up some new lowers - what color plastics did you go with?

Hammer
I’ll double check but I believe stock replacement colors. I’m checking on whether the kit comes with new fork guards. The stickers aren’t full-coverage on those , I don’t think.

I’ll update when I get an answer.
centralcalmx
Fantasy
110th
11/25/2020 12:50pm
Awesome man, I will admit the torque wrench thing was mainly a dig at Vital meme :P (originated by Falcon if i'm not mistaken) of torquing...
Awesome man,

Yeah, I've seen the sprocket bolt torque gag come up over and over here over the years. Good stuff! Personally, a good torque wrench is one...
Yeah, I've seen the sprocket bolt torque gag come up over and over here over the years. Good stuff!

Personally, a good torque wrench is one of my most important tools. Triple clamps, linkage, axle nuts, subframe and engine mounts. Torque settings are critical on those or you can do damage, or get hurt. Like we seen in all those photos - shoulda torqued the damn sprocket bolts!

Hammer
I don’t know Hammer.
Think the rear sprocket bolts are loose.
The Oatfiled circa 2014?

centralcalmx
Fantasy
110th
11/25/2020 12:52pm
Seriously this whole effort has lifted up so many people and shows how great the Moto community is.
I’ll be at DT1 Friday. I will see if Dirk is at the track and maybe chase down some filters.
Hammer 663s
11/25/2020 1:11pm
I don’t know Hammer. Think the rear sprocket bolts are loose. The Oatfiled circa 2014? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/11/25/461696/s1200_6511B040_EF0D_4F93_A457_E67810D3DCB2.jpg[/img]
I don’t know Hammer.
Think the rear sprocket bolts are loose.
The Oatfiled circa 2014?

Probably 2012. That was the 10 RMZ450 so that's way back there. Nice to see my form was as bad then as it is now.

Hammer
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
11/25/2020 1:20pm
omalley wrote:

Bro, no Vital logo?? Tongue Just Playin!

This right here is what I love most about the moto community! I will get something for Mayson as soon as I am able. Good on you Hammer! BTW Hammer, did you ever race any GFI back in the late 90's-early 2000's?
AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
11/25/2020 1:28pm
Probably 2012. That was the 10 RMZ450 so that's way back there. Nice to see my form was as bad then as it is now.

Hammer

Hey Hammer. Do you know if he has a proper repair manual for his bike? As a poor kid growing up with junk bikes, I always wanted, but couldn't afford, a manual to know how to correctly work on my bikes.

Now I have two totes of manuals for bikes I have had from the the last 30 years or so. I don't have one for a CRF150R but I would love to get him a good repair manual if he doesn't have one!
dpingree101
11/25/2020 1:31pm
I know a kid lives out near Placerville. He's been my boy's best friend since they were 5. Mayson is 14 and just got a well-used...
I know a kid lives out near Placerville. He's been my boy's best friend since they were 5. Mayson is 14 and just got a well-used CRF150r. They don't have a ton of $$$. Anyone in the Sac area want to help me give his suspension a rebuild? Both ends need seals, oil, probably bushings. I'll pay for the parts.

Hammer 663s
DM me the address for him and I'll send out a care package with some X Brand goggles, Whiskey Throttle Show swag and whatever goodies I can find in my garage.
omalley
11/25/2020 1:46pm
omalley wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Bro, no Vital logo?? :P Just Playin! This right here is what I love most about the moto community! I will get something for Mayson as...

This right here is what I love most about the moto community! I will get something for Mayson as soon as I am able. Good on you Hammer! BTW Hammer, did you ever race any GFI back in the late 90's-early 2000's?
Lol good call-yeah I totally brain-farted on that one. Hopefully Guy can send some vital stickers his way.
JG463
11/25/2020 2:00pm
cwolf96 wrote:
Hey Hammer - has anyone helped contribute with some oils & chemicals? Seeing as he will have a Bel-Ray logo on his bike, it's only fitting...
Hey Hammer - has anyone helped contribute with some oils & chemicals? Seeing as he will have a Bel-Ray logo on his bike, it's only fitting that I send him a Bel-Ray care package. I have a bunch of engine oil, chain lube, filter oil & grease at my house.
Cwolf you’re always a good dude!
H4L
11/25/2020 2:02pm
Hammer - As a guy who grew up in some humble beginnings with out a dad this tugs at my heart strings. Moto has been one of the things I do in life that has been really good therapy. Hoping Mayson has a similiar experience with moto & it will help him get through some tough times. Good to see the moto community stepping up.
Let me know how I can help. I'd like to pay it forward..
captmoto
11/25/2020 2:02pm
Updated list. There have been contributors from all over the world - Spain, the Czech Republic, Norway, and many of the states here in America! Several...
Updated list. There have been contributors from all over the world - Spain, the Czech Republic, Norway, and many of the states here in America! Several SacTown riders have offered to make sure Mayson gets to the track with them.

Mayson is 5'7" and 120.
30 pant, medium jersey, medium glove
10 boot
Helmet size Medium
Prefers red & black color theme.

Bike is 07 CRF150r Expert (big wheel)

Cash in hand - $1250 total
Suspension service - Slipdog and others
Levers - Tim 969v
Boots Tech 7s - onefiveeight
Air filters - JTM
Grips - Motosport
Gear set - larryloupout
TP199 knee guards, socks, shirt - Wyatt
Plastics/Graphics - omalley & Decal Works!
Goggle set - Justin
Chain & Sprockets - Moto849TD
Seat cover - Nathaniel129
Maxima chain kit - SlowGTI
Hand tools - DCMX & Tools: Dan the Tool Man
Wrench set - BigBoreFan58
Neck Brace - AHarmon237
Honda Hoodie - BudLong82
Kenda tires, new tubes, and fresh brake pads - Chris Walent
Thor Helmet - Titanium
Maxima chain kit and tie downs - CaptMoto
Track chairs & Table - slowGTI
Bars and barpad - Seth505
2 pair TLD gloves - TeamGreen
RacerX subscription - Dimblewambie
Oils/Lubes - cwolf96
Loading ramp - CaptMoto
Bling - Works Connection

KTM race rig tour @ Hangtown 2021 - courtesy of Mag23 & the Vohlands!
I didn't send a loading ramp, only suggesting since I didn't see it on the list.
Atkinson
11/25/2020 2:27pm
Just sent $50 to your Venmo, such an awesome thing youre doing for Mayson and so cool to see everyone getting on board, you guys are awesome.
omalley
11/25/2020 2:49pm
omalley wrote:

Hammer
omalley wrote:
I’ll double check but I believe stock replacement colors. I’m checking on whether the kit comes with new fork guards. The stickers aren’t full-coverage on those...
I’ll double check but I believe stock replacement colors. I’m checking on whether the kit comes with new fork guards. The stickers aren’t full-coverage on those , I don’t think.

Got a reply-stock colors, fork guards not included (they don’t come in the kit that they use). Let me know what you’d like to do and/or if someone wants to pick up a set of fork guards.
mxracer816
Fantasy
2838th
11/25/2020 3:10pm
mxracer816 wrote:
Best thread I've seen on here in a while! This is the main reason we're all here, essentially we're one big family. We stick together, and...
Best thread I've seen on here in a while! This is the main reason we're all here, essentially we're one big family. We stick together, and help one another out when we are struggling. This thread made my day, I'll try to do some thinking and get something together for him. I'm thinking a new throttle and clutch cable.

Sent to his address. Thankful for our moto family today!
Hammer 663s
11/25/2020 4:15pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Bro, no Vital logo?? :P Just Playin! This right here is what I love most about the moto community! I will get something for Mayson as...

I did not - didn't move to Cali until 2001 and got back into moto around 2005 after many years away.

Hammer
Hammer 663s
11/25/2020 4:17pm
captmoto wrote:
I didn't send a loading ramp, only suggesting since I didn't see it on the list.
That's right - you promised him the Bro truck to go WITH the ramp! Wink

Sorry - my bad. Been kinda hard to keep up! I'll correct the list with the next edition!

Hammer
Hammer 663s
11/25/2020 4:19pm

Hammer
AHRMA361 wrote:
Hey Hammer. Do you know if he has a proper repair manual for his bike? As a poor kid growing up with junk bikes, I always...

Hey Hammer. Do you know if he has a proper repair manual for his bike? As a poor kid growing up with junk bikes, I always wanted, but couldn't afford, a manual to know how to correctly work on my bikes.

Now I have two totes of manuals for bikes I have had from the the last 30 years or so. I don't have one for a CRF150R but I would love to get him a good repair manual if he doesn't have one!
I doubt it. Probably has the owners manual is all. A real shop manual would be awesome since he's getting lots of parts and the tools to install them!

Hammer
Hammer 663s
11/25/2020 4:22pm
I know a kid lives out near Placerville. He's been my boy's best friend since they were 5. Mayson is 14 and just got a well-used...
I know a kid lives out near Placerville. He's been my boy's best friend since they were 5. Mayson is 14 and just got a well-used CRF150r. They don't have a ton of $$$. Anyone in the Sac area want to help me give his suspension a rebuild? Both ends need seals, oil, probably bushings. I'll pay for the parts.

Hammer 663s
DM me the address for him and I'll send out a care package with some X Brand goggles, Whiskey Throttle Show swag and whatever goodies I...
DM me the address for him and I'll send out a care package with some X Brand goggles, Whiskey Throttle Show swag and whatever goodies I can find in my garage.
Ping - doesn't appear I can DM you for some reason. Here's the address:

Mayson W.
4500 Buckeye Rd
Shingle Springs, CA 95682

Thanks Dude!

Hammer
Hammer 663s
11/25/2020 4:27pm

Hammer
omalley wrote:
I’ll double check but I believe stock replacement colors. I’m checking on whether the kit comes with new fork guards. The stickers aren’t full-coverage on those...

omalley wrote:
Got a reply-stock colors, fork guards not included (they don’t come in the kit that they use). Let me know what you’d like to do and/or...
Got a reply-stock colors, fork guards not included (they don’t come in the kit that they use). Let me know what you’d like to do and/or if someone wants to pick up a set of fork guards.
I will order a set of black fork guards, and Tusk shift and brake levers for him. Maybe Decal Works can throw together a graphic set for them that will work.

Hammer 663s
Dimblewambie
11/25/2020 4:32pm
Updated list. There have been contributors from all over the world - Spain, the Czech Republic, Norway, and many of the states here in America! Several...
Updated list. There have been contributors from all over the world - Spain, the Czech Republic, Norway, and many of the states here in America! Several SacTown riders have offered to make sure Mayson gets to the track with them.

Mayson is 5'7" and 120.
30 pant, medium jersey, medium glove
10 boot
Helmet size Medium
Prefers red & black color theme.

Bike is 07 CRF150r Expert (big wheel)

Cash in hand - $1250 total
Suspension service - Slipdog and others
Levers - Tim 969v
Boots Tech 7s - onefiveeight
Air filters - JTM
Grips - Motosport
Gear set - larryloupout
TP199 knee guards, socks, shirt - Wyatt
Plastics/Graphics - omalley & Decal Works!
Goggle set - Justin
Chain & Sprockets - Moto849TD
Seat cover - Nathaniel129
Maxima chain kit - SlowGTI
Hand tools - DCMX & Tools: Dan the Tool Man
Wrench set - BigBoreFan58
Neck Brace - AHarmon237
Honda Hoodie - BudLong82
Kenda tires, new tubes, and fresh brake pads - Chris Walent
Thor Helmet - Titanium
Maxima chain kit and tie downs - CaptMoto
Track chairs & Table - slowGTI
Bars and barpad - Seth505
2 pair TLD gloves - TeamGreen
RacerX subscription - Dimblewambie
Oils/Lubes - cwolf96
Loading ramp - CaptMoto
Bling - Works Connection

KTM race rig tour @ Hangtown 2021 - courtesy of Mag23 & the Vohlands!
captmoto wrote:
I’ve got a pretty standard/basic aluminum ramp he is welcome to just gotta sort out getting it up to him.

Post a reply to: A little help in Sacramento?

The Latest