A little help in Sacramento?

Related:
Hammer 663s
12/10/2020 4:38pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Hammer what else is needed?
I'm starting to run out of ideas. How about some Red and Blue Locktite and a tub of belray grease? A jug of Engine Ice and a high pressure radiator cap? Ah - radiator hoses - I bet those are old and dry after 14 years!

Hammer 663s
IanMac138
12/10/2020 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2020 6:00pm
Some Bel Ray Grease and a Shift/Cabollero tee (looks like the young man likes to skate too and we all know cool tee's pull chicks when you're 14) are coming in hot for Mayson! Should arrive on the 16th...
Thanks Hammer for doing this. Helping out those who need it most is what it's all about.

Side note: Appreciate you hitting me up to ride with you this past summer at your private spot. I'm sorry I wasn't able to meet up, but I'll be sure to hit you up soon. Been a hell of a year.
motoxfmx27
12/10/2020 6:03pm
I noticed in one of the pictures of all the packages that he has a skateboard. Skating was my life when I was his age. I no longer skate, but I've wore Etnies as casual shoes ever since I started skating. What about sending him a new pair of Etnies or whatever his favorite brand is to go along with all the clothing other users have sent?

The Shop

IanMac138
12/10/2020 6:13pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2020 6:13pm
motoxfmx27 wrote:
I noticed in one of the pictures of all the packages that he has a skateboard. Skating was my life when I was his age. I...
I noticed in one of the pictures of all the packages that he has a skateboard. Skating was my life when I was his age. I no longer skate, but I've wore Etnies as casual shoes ever since I started skating. What about sending him a new pair of Etnies or whatever his favorite brand is to go along with all the clothing other users have sent?
I worked at Etnies for 5 years as the lead MX/BMX graphic designer...I'll hit up my contacts that I still have there. Great idea.
motoxfmx27
12/10/2020 6:16pm
motoxfmx27 wrote:
I noticed in one of the pictures of all the packages that he has a skateboard. Skating was my life when I was his age. I...
IanMac138 wrote:
I worked at Etnies for 5 years as the lead MX/BMX graphic designer...I'll hit up my contacts that I still have there. Great idea.
Awesome. I'm sure Etnies will cover it, but I'm more than happy to handle the bill.
Hammer 663s
12/10/2020 6:22pm
IanMac138 wrote:
Some Bel Ray Grease and a Shift/Cabollero tee (looks like the young man likes to skate too and we all know cool tee's pull chicks when...
Some Bel Ray Grease and a Shift/Cabollero tee (looks like the young man likes to skate too and we all know cool tee's pull chicks when you're 14) are coming in hot for Mayson! Should arrive on the 16th...
Thanks Hammer for doing this. Helping out those who need it most is what it's all about.

Side note: Appreciate you hitting me up to ride with you this past summer at your private spot. I'm sorry I wasn't able to meet up, but I'll be sure to hit you up soon. Been a hell of a year.
Well you’ll have 2 and maybe 3 to choose from in the Spring. We built 2 more private tracks this year. Wink

Hammer 663s
12/10/2020 6:33pm
Obviously it would be a very difficult thing to do, given the locations of everyone, but man how awesome would it be to have a private ride day next spring with everyone who contributed on this thread - and of course Mayson and his grandpa.
JM485
12/10/2020 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2020 6:51pm
I can’t offer anything financially right now but I wanted to get in on this, so I’m shipping out a 3d printed front brake line guide from 3DP Moto tomorrow morning. It’s a small detail, but hopefully it adds something unique to the bike. Going off of part numbers I believe this design will fit, but if there’s any fitment issues just let me know and I’ll edit accordingly. It’s coming from right down the road in Davis they should have it within a couple days.

Huge props to everyone for stepping up, this has been fun to read through.

IanMac138
12/10/2020 6:58pm
IanMac138 wrote:
Some Bel Ray Grease and a Shift/Cabollero tee (looks like the young man likes to skate too and we all know cool tee's pull chicks when...

Well you’ll have 2 and maybe 3 to choose from in the Spring. We built 2 more private tracks this year. Wink

Hammer 663s
Oh man. Stop talking dirty to me...I cannot wait for Spring. More than that, can't wait to see Mayson ripping around on his freshened up ride!
Hammer 663s
12/10/2020 7:08pm
Obviously it would be a very difficult thing to do, given the locations of everyone, but man how awesome would it be to have a private...
Obviously it would be a very difficult thing to do, given the locations of everyone, but man how awesome would it be to have a private ride day next spring with everyone who contributed on this thread - and of course Mayson and his grandpa.
Yeah I’ve been thinking about this. Maybe Mike Sexton can hook us up with Argyll after the Hangtown Nationals. We will see.
12/10/2020 7:19pm
Obviously it would be a very difficult thing to do, given the locations of everyone, but man how awesome would it be to have a private...
Yeah I’ve been thinking about this. Maybe Mike Sexton can hook us up with Argyll after the Hangtown Nationals. We will see.
I don't have a direct line to Zeb, but I'm pretty sure a couple of the names I've seen on this thread do....
Riverfront would be good too, less likely to be sabotaged by wind. Good track for all skill levels.
Something to think about at least.
onenastynotch
12/10/2020 9:48pm
Hey hammer clutch is ordwred and should be by him on the 17th! Glad i could help
slowgti
12/11/2020 4:46am
Hey guys, I had some stuff come up unexpectedly and I can’t swing the bike stand and chairs at the moment. If anyone else would like to grab them, please feel free
nbaldwin148
12/11/2020 6:43am
I don't have a direct line to Zeb, but I'm pretty sure a couple of the names I've seen on this thread do.... Riverfront would be...
I don't have a direct line to Zeb, but I'm pretty sure a couple of the names I've seen on this thread do....
Riverfront would be good too, less likely to be sabotaged by wind. Good track for all skill levels.
Something to think about at least.
Ill give Zeb a call and see what he thinks. Riverfront is open for private days on Saturdays so sometime in the spring when the weather is nice would be an awesome event to have. Im sure hell be up for it and we can get it set up.
GFMM647
12/11/2020 6:45am
Besides the thread about Collin, which was so heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time, this one again shows me how incredible the moto community is and why I love this sport! I've been sitting here reading through every page, wiping tears from my eyes, at the generosity of everyone.
Hammer, you are the man for getting this started. My wife and I every year, go to the local salvation army and pick a child from their "Angel Tree" to buy clothes and toys for that otherwise wouldn't get any. This is on another level thanks to everyone on here. If there is anything small that you think he might need, even stuff not moto related, please let me know and I will see what I can do to help.
Hammer 663s
12/11/2020 7:34am
Updated. Please let me know if I missed something!!!

Mayson is 5'7" and 120.
30 pant, medium jersey, medium glove
10 boot
Helmet size Medium
Prefers red & black color theme.

Bike is 07 CRF150r Expert (big wheel)

Cash in hand - $2100 total
Suspension service - Slipdog, Mr. Parker and Mag23
Levers - Tim 969v
Boots Tech 7s - onefiveeight
Air filters - JTM
Grips - Motosport
Gear set - larryloupout
TP199 knee guards, socks, shirt - Wyatt
Plastics/Graphics - omalley & Decal Works!
Goggle set - Justin
Chain & Sprockets - Moto849TD
Seat cover - Guts Racing
Maxima chain kit - SlowGTI
Hand tools - DCMX & Tools: Dan the Tool Man
Wrench set - BigBoreFan58
Neck Brace - AHarmon237
Honda Hoodie - BudLong82
Kenda tires, new tubes, and fresh brake pads - Chris Walent
Thor Helmet - Titanium
Maxima chain kit and tie downs - CaptMoto

Bars and barpad - Seth505
2 pair TLD gloves - TeamGreen
RacerX subscription - Dimblewambie
Oils/Lubes - cwolf96
Fork Guards w/graphics & Tusk shift/brake levers - Hammer 663s
Bling - Works Connection
X Brand Goggles and WTS Swag - David Pingree (Ping 101)
Funnel and clutch/throttle cables - MXRacer816
Craftsman 3/8" Torque wrench - AJ565
CRF150rb shop manual - AHRMA361 -
Case Honda engine AND trans oil - Phoenix Racing Honda
Matrix Toolbox - Whymee
Training vids and books - bigmaico
Acerbis hand guards - Wingalls
Moto casual wear - Troy
VP Fuel jug - Mcintosh family
Rotors and rotor/sprocket bolts - Donation cash
Tire pump, gauge, and tire irons - Radical
2 pair gloves - Jed at Galatic Sox
Set of Dunlpos - Crossup
Clutch kit - onenastynotch
Yosh exhaust - ML512
New springs and Swag - Race Tech
Carb rebuild kit - Chad198
Wheel rebuild parts - nbaldwin148 & Cole Bridenbaker
gear bag and goodies - jrunge612 via Fox/Shift
TLD Helmet - MotoCoUSA
BelRay grease plus - IanMac138
Etnies shoes - motocfmx27 & IanMac138
Custom Brake Parts - JM485

KTM race rig tour @ Hangtown 2021 - courtesy of Mag23 & the Vohlands!

Possible Ride Day Spring 2021
krazykevo
12/11/2020 10:43am
I have never commented on a Vital thread...just been a lurker for a while, but this one got me going.
Tusk Radiator hoses, high pressure cap, and engine ice are on their way to Mayson. Stoked to see this, love the moto community!!

IanMac138
12/11/2020 12:27pm
Etnies is down to donate some kicks for Mayson! They will ship directly. Just to clarify, Mayson is a size 10? Big feet for a 14 year old! Smile I'm wondering if we shouldn't ask them to send a half size up since I'm sure he's growing at a rapid pace. Please confirm Hammer and I'll get back to Etnies ASAP.
Hammer 663s
12/11/2020 12:47pm
IanMac138 wrote:
Etnies is down to donate some kicks for Mayson! They will ship directly. Just to clarify, Mayson is a size 10? Big feet for a 14...
Etnies is down to donate some kicks for Mayson! They will ship directly. Just to clarify, Mayson is a size 10? Big feet for a 14 year old! Smile I'm wondering if we shouldn't ask them to send a half size up since I'm sure he's growing at a rapid pace. Please confirm Hammer and I'll get back to Etnies ASAP.
10 confirmed, but 10-1/2 might not be a bad idea. I'm sure he's still growing!

Hammer 663s
IanMac138
12/11/2020 4:24pm
10 confirmed, but 10-1/2 might not be a bad idea. I'm sure he's still growing!

Hammer 663s
Copy. Etnies is on it.
MasonMan
12/11/2020 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 12/11/2020 5:08pm
This thread has to be a record of some kind. One down vote (Page one 15th down.. EDIT, two on page 11) and @ 12 pages and counting.
Great job hammer, Hard not to tear up with all the kindness in the Moto family. Great job Folks. You all give me hope for Humanity. I'm in. thanks Hammer!
MasonMan
12/11/2020 4:58pm
Mayson W.
4500 Buckeye Rd
Shingle Springs, CA 95682
Close to Mother Load dr.... the gift that keeps on givingCool
j368
12/11/2020 6:45pm
JM485 wrote:
I can’t offer anything financially right now but I wanted to get in on this, so I’m shipping out a 3d printed front brake line guide...
I can’t offer anything financially right now but I wanted to get in on this, so I’m shipping out a 3d printed front brake line guide from 3DP Moto tomorrow morning. It’s a small detail, but hopefully it adds something unique to the bike. Going off of part numbers I believe this design will fit, but if there’s any fitment issues just let me know and I’ll edit accordingly. It’s coming from right down the road in Davis they should have it within a couple days.

Huge props to everyone for stepping up, this has been fun to read through.

Very nice piece! Excellent detail.
JG463
12/11/2020 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 12/11/2020 7:48pm
slowgti wrote:
Hey guys, I had some stuff come up unexpectedly and I can’t swing the bike stand and chairs at the moment. If anyone else would like...
Hey guys, I had some stuff come up unexpectedly and I can’t swing the bike stand and chairs at the moment. If anyone else would like to grab them, please feel free
Shoot me an email Jon.garrett463@gmail.com and let’s figure out how to get Mayson a stand.
BA Braapus
12/11/2020 9:26pm
Much like several others here, I’ve been a long-time lurker on Vital who found this thread very inspiring and heartwarming. I’d be happy to contribute. I’m also wondering if anyone knows any contacts with local tracks that might be willing to give to this cause. I’m in Michigan, so I’m not familiar with tracks nearby, other than Hangtown, but I was wondering if we might be able to convince a track or two to donate a "punch card" or maybe even sponsor Mayson with free practice for 2021...perhaps a stretch, but just thought it would help his family out if he can do some riding for free and save as much of the cash donation as possible for other things. I’d be willing to make a few phone calls to tracks if someone wants to point me towards the best (or most generous) ones nearby. If anyone there is familiar with local track owners or staff and would be willing to reach out they might have an even better chance of netting him some free ride time. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks to everyone who has contributed here!
charlie68
12/12/2020 7:35am
I sent some dough last night because I could not think of anything to send, but then I got the idea that someone could send some Shout and brushes and sponges to keep Maysons new gear and freshly rebuild bike sparkley clean.....
JG463
12/12/2020 8:22am
slowgti wrote:
Hey guys, I had some stuff come up unexpectedly and I can’t swing the bike stand and chairs at the moment. If anyone else would like...
JG463 wrote:
Shoot me an email Jon.garrett463@gmail.com and let’s figure out how to get Mayson a stand.
Gotcha covered.

Hammer, I will email you a tracking number as soon as I have it.
Hammer 663s
12/12/2020 8:27am
I'll do an update this evening with a picture of the pile. He's getting 2-4 boxes a day lately. It's just crazy how this has developed - and I really believe the timing was critical in this young man's life. Thank you all!!!!

Hammer 663s
TeamGreen
12/12/2020 1:54pm
Got the address texted to me by the brain trust at Roth Racing & Suspension...while I was Social Distancing out at Ocotillo Wells!
Silly
Gloves will go out the week.
Smile

Post a reply to: A little help in Sacramento?

The Latest