A funny and cool Phoenix story

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2009 10:16 PM

When we finally got into the stadium after waiting in line for 15 minutes. We headed to the nearest beer stand for a cold one. There was a very tall skinny girl I almost bumped into. I said sorry and went to get my beer. For some reason I thought this young lady looked familiar. I kept looking at her to try and figure out if I knew where I had seen her before.(she gave me a couple dirty looks as I was thinking). While In the line my daughter Angel came over and said that looks like Margie. So I yelled, hey Margie !!!

She turned and looked at me like I was crazy. Turns out it was my Oldest daughters best friend from k-6th grade. She moved to Phoenix when they were in 6th Grade. They are both 19 now and I haven't seen Margie since like a year after that when she was here to visit her Mom. That would be 7 years ago.

It's a small world I tell ya.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

1/14/2009 10:24 PM

Cool story. It's definitely a small world out their. I have a lot of weird coincidences and stories like that.

|

"I always tell the truth.... even when I lie"

1/14/2009 10:30 PM

I met some dude in PHX who bought a 650 dollar pick up truck cause his other ride was jacked up and he drove it all the way from Colorado (Untested) with his daughter and a CRF450 in the back amongst a bunch of empty beer cans just to see the SX and ride with buddies and people from the boards.

I was impressed.

|

I can see Russia from my house!

1/14/2009 10:33 PM

Rim Lock wrote:

I met some dude in PHX who bought a 650 dollar pick up truck cause his other ride was jacked up and he drove it all the way ...more

cool
|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

1/14/2009 10:36 PM

Rim Lock wrote:

I met some dude in PHX who bought a 650 dollar pick up truck cause his other ride was jacked up and he drove it all the way ...more

Cygnus wrote: cool

LOL

Glad you got home okay.

|

1/14/2009 10:52 PM

We did get home OK. The problems started for Angel when she tried to leave Sunday night. When she left here she made it 7 miles down my road and someone had flipped their car and the road was closed. She came back here and was really wanting to get back home to Denver . At 10pm we could see the cop lights still flashing. So she decided to just crash here and go home in the morning. She left at 5:45 and hit a blizzard about 45 minute later and didn't get home till 9(usually a 90 minute drive). Luckily her work called and she didn't have to go in till about 2pm.

|

1/14/2009 11:02 PM

Rim Lock, almost 500 posts!!!!!

|

1/14/2009 11:02 PM

me too!

|

1/14/2009 11:06 PM

Cygnus wrote:

We did get home OK. The problems started for Angel when she tried to leave Sunday night. When she left here she made it 7 ...more

Traveling sucks.
Still in DFW.
When I left Alaska it was -28.
Now it is +42 and they are telling me the roads are all black ice.
I could tell a dozen stories of jacked up trips home but I guess we all have those.

Hope to see you again next year!

|

1/14/2009 11:18 PM

john1753 wrote:

Rim Lock, almost 500 posts!!!!!

Did I win something?

LOL

|

1/15/2009 3:50 AM

I want to go back to Phoenix.

|

1/15/2009 6:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2009 6:45 AM

alphado wrote:

I am looking forward to next year already....

|

1/15/2009 6:49 AM

Cygnus wrote:

We did get home OK. The problems started for Angel when she tried to leave Sunday night. When she left here she made it 7 ...more

Rim Lock wrote:

Traveling sucks.
Still in DFW.
Now it is +42 and they are telling me the roads are all black ...more

You're going to leave Dallas and go back to Alaska in January? That's probably like when I left Monterrey, California last July and went back home to Houston.

What would a naturalist say about a species that migrates north in the winter and south in the summer? "If Dawin was right, those things don't have a chance."

|

1/15/2009 6:56 AM

im just curious whats up with the "we got in the stadium finally, after waiting 15min" seriously? the wait in ATL every year is like a damn hour. i'll take that 15minutes anyday!!!

|

1/15/2009 9:42 AM

alphado wrote:

Go out there in July and see if you say that.

|

1/15/2009 10:07 AM

I want to go there now -2 here with the wind, another foot of snow today. I went out at lunch to walk around the block and my beard froze.

|

1/15/2009 10:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2016 9:59 PM

Good stuff. Alph, it's 70+ again here today. The boy & I have been riding the track every day. He even blew off BMX practice Tuesday & Clinic last night to stay home & ride instead. Man, I love this place in the winter. Summertime...not so much, but I'll take the 2-3 months of 100+ for the 9 months of beautiful weather. On the upside, I get a good 5-6 months of use out of the pool.Tommy, we'll see you out there in June. Barn, I cooked up some of that Halibut last night & we feasted. Thanks again for that, man. Anna's been sicker than a dog since Monday. I think you guys got out of here just in time. Going to meet Chuck tonight at his local establishment for cool ones & some shoe watching. Tommy/Alph got here a day too late for that. Always next year, I guess. Good to hear everyone made it home safe...//TJ
|

Fax mentis incedium gloriae

1/15/2009 10:21 AM

My wife called me this morning as I was sitting in the hot-tub. It was 24 below zero on the thermometer in North Branch, Minnesota. That's without windchill. I admit I felt a little guilty.

|

1/15/2009 11:29 AM

alphado wrote:

jmc2 wrote:

I am looking forward to next year already....

I'm looking forward to hitting some other states and doing some riding. That was a lot of fun, thanks guys.

|

1/15/2009 3:45 PM

TerryB wrote:

My wife called me this morning as I was sitting in the hot-tub. It was 24 below zero on the thermometer in North Branch, ...more

My kid called me last night and let me know it was -52 with the windchill in Winnipeg yesterday morning, I must admit I didn't feel guilty at all.

|

1/15/2009 4:08 PM

Cygnus wrote:

Rim Lock wrote:

Traveling sucks.
Still in DFW.
Now it is +42 and they are telling me the roads are all black ...more

WhKnuckle wrote:

You're going to leave Dallas and go back to Alaska in January? That's probably like when I left Monterrey, California last ...more

At no time have I claimed to be "smart". smile

|

1/15/2009 4:11 PM

TJ wrote: Good stuff. Alph, it's 70+ again here today. The boy & I have been riding the track every day. He even blew off BMX ...more

Glad the halibut turned out well.

Me giggles that the wife is sick and you are going to watch shoe models.
You seem to get away with things I can only dream about. LOL

Tell her I hope she gets better soon.

|