A funny and cool Phoenix story

Cygnus
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 1:54pm
When we finally got into the stadium after waiting in line for 15 minutes. We headed to the nearest beer stand for a cold one. There was a very tall skinny girl I almost bumped into. I said sorry and went to get my beer. For some reason I thought this young lady looked familiar. I kept looking at her to try and figure out if I knew where I had seen her before.(she gave me a couple dirty looks as I was thinking). While In the line my daughter Angel came over and said that looks like Margie. So I yelled, hey Margie !!!

She turned and looked at me like I was crazy. Turns out it was my Oldest daughters best friend from k-6th grade. She moved to Phoenix when they were in 6th Grade. They are both 19 now and I haven't seen Margie since like a year after that when she was here to visit her Mom. That would be 7 years ago.

It's a small world I tell ya.
|
roosty
1/14/2009 10:24pm
Cool story. It's definitely a small world out their. I have a lot of weird coincidences and stories like that.
Rim Lock
1/14/2009 10:30pm
I met some dude in PHX who bought a 650 dollar pick up truck cause his other ride was jacked up and he drove it all the way from Colorado (Untested) with his daughter and a CRF450 in the back amongst a bunch of empty beer cans just to see the SX and ride with buddies and people from the boards.

I was impressed.
Cygnus
1/14/2009 10:33pm
Rim Lock wrote:
I met some dude in PHX who bought a 650 dollar pick up truck cause his other ride was jacked up and he drove it all...
I met some dude in PHX who bought a 650 dollar pick up truck cause his other ride was jacked up and he drove it all the way from Colorado (Untested) with his daughter and a CRF450 in the back amongst a bunch of empty beer cans just to see the SX and ride with buddies and people from the boards.

I was impressed.
Cool
Rim Lock
1/14/2009 10:36pm
Rim Lock wrote:
I met some dude in PHX who bought a 650 dollar pick up truck cause his other ride was jacked up and he drove it all...

I was impressed.
Cygnus wrote:
Cool
LOL

Glad you got home okay.

The Shop

Cygnus
1/14/2009 10:52pm
We did get home OK. The problems started for Angel when she tried to leave Sunday night. When she left here she made it 7 miles down my road and someone had flipped their car and the road was closed. She came back here and was really wanting to get back home to Denver . At 10pm we could see the cop lights still flashing. So she decided to just crash here and go home in the morning. She left at 5:45 and hit a blizzard about 45 minute later and didn't get home till 9(usually a 90 minute drive). Luckily her work called and she didn't have to go in till about 2pm.

Rim Lock
1/14/2009 11:06pm
Cygnus wrote:
We did get home OK. The problems started for Angel when she tried to leave Sunday night. When she left here she made it 7 miles...
We did get home OK. The problems started for Angel when she tried to leave Sunday night. When she left here she made it 7 miles down my road and someone had flipped their car and the road was closed. She came back here and was really wanting to get back home to Denver . At 10pm we could see the cop lights still flashing. So she decided to just crash here and go home in the morning. She left at 5:45 and hit a blizzard about 45 minute later and didn't get home till 9(usually a 90 minute drive). Luckily her work called and she didn't have to go in till about 2pm.

Traveling sucks.
Still in DFW.
When I left Alaska it was -28.
Now it is +42 and they are telling me the roads are all black ice.
I could tell a dozen stories of jacked up trips home but I guess we all have those.

Hope to see you again next year!
alphado
1/15/2009 3:50am
I want to go back to Phoenix.
jmc2
Fantasy
1626th
1/15/2009 6:43am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2009 6:45am
alphado wrote:
I am looking forward to next year already....
WhKnuckle
1/15/2009 6:49am
Cygnus wrote:
We did get home OK. The problems started for Angel when she tried to leave Sunday night. When she left here she made it 7 miles...

Rim Lock wrote:
Traveling sucks. Still in DFW. When I left Alaska it was -28. Now it is +42 and they are telling me the roads are all black...
Traveling sucks.
Still in DFW.
I could tell a dozen stories of jacked up trips home but I guess we all have those.

You're going to leave Dallas and go back to Alaska in January? That's probably like when I left Monterrey, California last July and went back home to Houston.

What would a naturalist say about a species that migrates north in the winter and south in the summer? "If Dawin was right, those things don't have a chance."
mxracer32
1/15/2009 6:56am
im just curious whats up with the "we got in the stadium finally, after waiting 15min" seriously? the wait in ATL every year is like a damn hour. i'll take that 15minutes anyday!!!
Drfletcher
1/15/2009 9:42am
alphado wrote:
Go out there in July and see if you say that.
alphado
1/15/2009 10:07am
I want to go there now -2 here with the wind, another foot of snow today. I went out at lunch to walk around the block and my beard froze.
TJ
1/15/2009 10:20am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:59pm
[color=blue] Good stuff. Alph, it's 70+ again here today. The boy & I have been riding the track every day. He even blew off BMX practice Tuesday & Clinic last night to stay home & ride instead. Man, I love this place in the winter. Summertime...not so much, but I'll take the 2-3 months of 100+ for the 9 months of beautiful weather. On the upside, I get a good 5-6 months of use out of the pool.Tommy, we'll see you out there in June. Barn, I cooked up some of that Halibut last night & we feasted. Thanks again for that, man. Anna's been sicker than a dog since Monday. I think you guys got out of here just in time. Going to meet Chuck tonight at his local establishment for cool ones & some shoe watching. Tommy/Alph got here a day too late for that. Always next year, I guess. Good to hear everyone made it home safe...//TJ [/color]
TerryB
1/15/2009 10:21am
My wife called me this morning as I was sitting in the hot-tub. It was 24 below zero on the thermometer in North Branch, Minnesota. That's without windchill. I admit I felt a little guilty.
BK
1/15/2009 11:29am
alphado wrote:
jmc2 wrote:
I am looking forward to next year already....
I'm looking forward to hitting some other states and doing some riding. That was a lot of fun, thanks guys.
Chili
1/15/2009 3:45pm
TerryB wrote:
My wife called me this morning as I was sitting in the hot-tub. It was 24 below zero on the thermometer in North Branch, Minnesota. That's...
My wife called me this morning as I was sitting in the hot-tub. It was 24 below zero on the thermometer in North Branch, Minnesota. That's without windchill. I admit I felt a little guilty.
My kid called me last night and let me know it was -52 with the windchill in Winnipeg yesterday morning, I must admit I didn't feel guilty at all.
Rim Lock
1/15/2009 4:08pm
Cygnus wrote:

Rim Lock wrote:
Traveling sucks. Still in DFW. When I left Alaska it was -28. Now it is +42 and they are telling me the roads are all black...
Traveling sucks.
Still in DFW.

WhKnuckle wrote:
You're going to leave Dallas and go back to Alaska in January? That's probably like when I left Monterrey, California last July and went back home...
You're going to leave Dallas and go back to Alaska in January? That's probably like when I left Monterrey, California last July and went back home to Houston.

What would a naturalist say about a species that migrates north in the winter and south in the summer? "If Dawin was right, those things don't have a chance."
At no time have I claimed to be "smart". Smile
Rim Lock
1/15/2009 4:11pm
TJ wrote:
[color=blue] Good stuff. Alph, it's 70+ again here today. The boy & I have been riding the track every day. He even blew off BMX practice...
[color=blue] Good stuff. Alph, it's 70+ again here today. The boy & I have been riding the track every day. He even blew off BMX practice Tuesday & Clinic last night to stay home & ride instead. Man, I love this place in the winter. Summertime...not so much, but I'll take the 2-3 months of 100+ for the 9 months of beautiful weather. On the upside, I get a good 5-6 months of use out of the pool.Tommy, we'll see you out there in June. Barn, I cooked up some of that Halibut last night & we feasted. Thanks again for that, man. Anna's been sicker than a dog since Monday. I think you guys got out of here just in time. Going to meet Chuck tonight at his local establishment for cool ones & some shoe watching. Tommy/Alph got here a day too late for that. Always next year, I guess. Good to hear everyone made it home safe...//TJ [/color]
Glad the halibut turned out well.

Me giggles that the wife is sick and you are going to watch shoe models.
You seem to get away with things I can only dream about. LOL

Tell her I hope she gets better soon.

Post a reply to: A funny and cool Phoenix story

The Latest