A few observations from the Supercross Futures event

ob
1/15/2019 6:19pm
It’s very sketchy to ride a real SX track without SX suspension. I’m pretty sure most of the entries didn’t have their suspension guy build them a set. Whoever thinks they are going to show up straight from chicken shit raceway and ride Saturdays track doesn’t know what it’s really like. But these amateur sorta supy races look fun, I’d like to race one.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
1/15/2019 6:58pm
zippytech wrote:
Why would they not be? I would like to run such event. No I would no be making all the triples. but I sure as hell...
Why would they not be? I would like to run such event. No I would no be making all the triples. but I sure as hell would like to be able to if I was to race such event. If I could not do the triple then I would double single or hell I might just single single single. But they are paying to ride on a sx track. not on at knocked over version.

And not every one that rides a SX will die. Not everyone crashes..
JM485 wrote:
100% on board with this, at least keep the rhythms the same so there's some sort of challenging element. I'm not predicting I'd be able to...
100% on board with this, at least keep the rhythms the same so there's some sort of challenging element. I'm not predicting I'd be able to go out and clear triples, but I think it would be fun as hell to at least double through the rhythms and see what it's really lik to ride a track like that.

When I race an amateur endurocross they don't tame the track down, and nobody asks them to. The only way to get better is to ride something challenging, not the same old basic thing you find at any track over and over again. I can understand maybe keeping people from jumping the big triples so nobody gets landed on, but come on at least keep the rhythm sections the same.
I wasn't there, but I spoke to someone who was that I trust (local former pro and overall great guy). He said the fast kids were hitting all the triples and some of the slower kids who weren't ready to hit them yet started trying to clear the triples, and when they didn't make it they crashed hard and had to take a trip to the hospital. He said had they stuck with the doubles and ridden within their ability, they would have been fine. Sounds like they had the track set up good for a lot of riders, just some thought they were above their ability - which I can 100% understand. There are times when I want to sack up and hit stuff that I shouldn't. i have to remind myself that, nobody starts out hitting those big technical sections. You work your way up to it. I've learned that riding to your ability and slightly pushing things a little bit more very time out is a much better way to get better than to try and jump far beyond ability. That tends to lead to injuries and thus being off the bike for 6-24 months (and in some cases forever). It's a lot more fun living to ride another day. Even if you ain't as cool as the "other guys".

And to the other poster (s) making comments about "squids" (not you JM485). Everyone was a squid rider at one point in their lives. Not everybody was given or had the opportunity to ride or develop as much as others. Many people have not been afforded the opportunity to develop into an A class rider which takes a lot of time and money. I'm not a squid now, but I remember being a squid. I remember all my fast buddies who were also squids at one point. Making fun of other riders and calling them squids isn't what our sport of Moto is about. Moto is generally a family of riders with the same passion where people help each other out when in need. If you want to make comments about other riders, then I say screw you. Our sport doesn't need people like you.
Monte122
1/15/2019 8:58pm
The racing was awesome, 85, superminis and B class delivered some great battles.

Track was tamed down but it was still challenging, way too many kids hauled on a stretcher throughout the day.

The Shop

bsharkey
1/15/2019 9:45pm
I thought the intention of this event was supposed to basically mimic the Amsoil series for upcoming Riders and have a couple classes for other people to ride not a full-on national with every class they offer
1/16/2019 8:30am
And the SX Futures class had 78 entries. That would compute to over $8000 for a 100% payout, if there were a payout for that class. So go ride the SX Futures class to get your points for a Supercross license, which 10 riders did. But don't expect to get paid anything for your effort.
1/16/2019 9:49am
TbonesPop wrote:
I wasn't there, but I spoke to someone who was that I trust (local former pro and overall great guy). He said the fast kids were...
I wasn't there, but I spoke to someone who was that I trust (local former pro and overall great guy). He said the fast kids were hitting all the triples and some of the slower kids who weren't ready to hit them yet started trying to clear the triples, and when they didn't make it they crashed hard and had to take a trip to the hospital. He said had they stuck with the doubles and ridden within their ability, they would have been fine. Sounds like they had the track set up good for a lot of riders, just some thought they were above their ability - which I can 100% understand. There are times when I want to sack up and hit stuff that I shouldn't. i have to remind myself that, nobody starts out hitting those big technical sections. You work your way up to it. I've learned that riding to your ability and slightly pushing things a little bit more very time out is a much better way to get better than to try and jump far beyond ability. That tends to lead to injuries and thus being off the bike for 6-24 months (and in some cases forever). It's a lot more fun living to ride another day. Even if you ain't as cool as the "other guys".

And to the other poster (s) making comments about "squids" (not you JM485). Everyone was a squid rider at one point in their lives. Not everybody was given or had the opportunity to ride or develop as much as others. Many people have not been afforded the opportunity to develop into an A class rider which takes a lot of time and money. I'm not a squid now, but I remember being a squid. I remember all my fast buddies who were also squids at one point. Making fun of other riders and calling them squids isn't what our sport of Moto is about. Moto is generally a family of riders with the same passion where people help each other out when in need. If you want to make comments about other riders, then I say screw you. Our sport doesn't need people like you.
That was me who said squid and I meant no disrespect to anyone. Merely a word to explain that not everyone there is expert level to a poster who thinks C riders should be on a full blown SX track. Already explained this in a post just a few after that one that I'm cool with anyone who enjoys dirt bikes no matter the skill level.
fletcher574
1/16/2019 7:41pm
Does anyone have any video from the Collegeboy Heat race?
JMR1976
1/20/2019 1:05pm
Is there a stream for today’s races?

Post a reply to: A few observations from the Supercross Futures event

The Latest