A few observations from the Supercross Futures event

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2019 1:03 PM

I stopped by Glendale to check out the SX Futures action, and here are some thoughts...

Where the whoops were on Saturday night, it looked like they'd taken out about every other one...or maybe had rebuilt them entirely. It was about 25 feet from lip to lip in that section.

Triples were replaced with a smaller takeoff, to a table-ish landing. I didn't step that off, but it looked much smaller than the usual triple.

With the jumps cut down and rhythm sections simplified, the outer lanes were fast...really fast.

It looked like the races were being clicked off in fairly rapid action, but the schedule was behind a bit due to crashes. Let's be careful out there...

|

1/14/2019 2:45 PM

When AX was running they always cut the jumps and whoops down a lot between the Saturday pro show and the Sunday amateur race.

No use getting someone hurt and it would have.

|

1/14/2019 2:48 PM

Layton wrote:

When AX was running they always cut the jumps and whoops down a lot between the Saturday pro show and the Sunday amateur race.

I doubt anyone would question them cutting the jumps down. Last year there was talk of the tracks being way too tamed down to the point that they weren’t challenging at all and very fast.

|

1/14/2019 2:51 PM

Layton wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

I doubt anyone would question them cutting the jumps down. Last year there was talk of the tracks being way too tamed down to the point that they weren’t challenging at all and very fast.

I'd agree that last year they were way to cut down and waaaaayyyyy too fast. I believe there is a way to mellow the tracks out, but keep them fun, safe, technical and on the slower side. I know it's still in the teething stages and they will get it figured out. This weekend seemed a bit better than last year already from the few videos I saw.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/14/2019 3:25 PM

Thanks Guy. I know the promoter is careful with pics etc., but any pics?

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

1/14/2019 3:31 PM

And they finished up at......9pm.

|

1/14/2019 3:35 PM

Thanks for the info. I would pay more on the gold app to watch amature racing. I love seeing the guys that are coming up and the older guys battle. Anyone have links to any of the races?

|

1/14/2019 3:35 PM

dirtbikemike wrote:

I want to do one, but that schedule is what kills it for me. I've done arenacrosses that were similar.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

1/14/2019 3:51 PM

They are?

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/14/2019 3:53 PM

Layton wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

Right. I get that they're going to get cut down...and should be. What I'm saying is that with fewer, lower trajectory jumps, it was a speedway between the ends of the stadium.

|

1/14/2019 3:55 PM

dirtbikemike wrote:

Was it really 9pm?

|

1/14/2019 3:58 PM

Thanks!

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

1/14/2019 7:18 PM

I'm slated to flag Saturday night and Sunday. Those will be 2 very long days.

|

1/14/2019 8:11 PM

How many entries?

|

1/14/2019 8:30 PM

JustMX wrote:

How many entries?

MX Culture said 700+ entries.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/14/2019 8:37 PM

Who's this Steve?

Photo

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/14/2019 8:39 PM

I think it's Seth Hammaker Jeffro?

|

1/14/2019 8:41 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

I think it's Seth Hammaker Jeffro?

That's what I was thinking , but wasn't 100% sure. Thank you brother!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

1/14/2019 9:20 PM

|

1/14/2019 9:22 PM

Stylez Robertson.

|

1/14/2019 9:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2019 9:28 PM

Its a nice deal but there's way too many classes this thing isn't a national.I would think it'd be more structured like monster cup instead of dragging on for the longest day ever.not trying to be negative but my buddies that raced it said it went on way too long. Maybe a few 85 classes , svhoolboy and Aand B classes

|

1/14/2019 9:27 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Who's this Steve?

Photo

Stiles robertson jeff

|

1/14/2019 9:50 PM

blush If I could give myself a thumb down I would.laughing

|

1/14/2019 10:01 PM

EZZA 95B wrote: blush If I could give myself a thumb down I would.laughing

Damn you Ezza! laughing

I thought it was Hammaker too.

Thanks Steve and Sharkey.

|

1/14/2019 10:06 PM

Should have an AM group and. PM group.
Adult amateurs practice at 8 followed by 2 motos.
Young amateurs practice at 2 followed by 2 motos.

Otherwise it’s hours of just sitting around waiting for a 5 lap race.

|

1/14/2019 10:11 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Damn you Ezza! laughing

I thought it was Hammaker too.

Thanks Steve and Sharkey.

Hahaha, yeah, forgot amateurs don't usually change their numbers and that he's 510.

|

1/15/2019 2:58 AM

Didn’t realize they did vet classes figured it was youth only.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/15/2019 5:16 AM

Knocking the jumps down just sucks as a rider, I paid for a pro track not a modified versions of it.
I remember back in the early 90's we would goto the local nationals on pro weekend and practice Friday after the pros was done. The tracks was rough but all the jumps was jumpable, Come Saturday morning they would knock all the lips of the jumps so you could only just blow in the the next landing. Kenworthy was one of the few that did not knock the jumps over for amateurs.

|

1/15/2019 5:37 AM

JohnnyD13 wrote:

Thanks for the info. I would pay more on the gold app to watch amature racing. I love seeing the guys that are coming up and the older guys battle. Anyone have links to any of the races?

https://www.supercrosslive.com/supercross-futures
Scroll down to where it says LiveMX. I think there's a link there to watch

|

1/15/2019 5:59 AM

zippytech wrote:

Knocking the jumps down just sucks as a rider, I paid for a pro track not a modified versions of it.
I remember back in the early 90's we would goto the local nationals on pro weekend and practice Friday after the pros was done. The tracks was rough but all the jumps was jumpable, Come Saturday morning they would knock all the lips of the jumps so you could only just blow in the the next landing. Kenworthy was one of the few that did not knock the jumps over for amateurs.

highly disagree with this.. unless you are about to turn pro in A class that track matters big time.. some of the crashes on the day were gnarly...

If you want to ride a real SX, earn your SX card and go to practice tracks or try racing a few..

|