A couple thoughts while watching this TT race

early
Fantasy
2212th

1. This big TT on a truck track is pretty cool. Singles main start at 13:00, twins main was a heck of a race, starts at 30:00. Weege and Kristin Beat do a good job calling the race.

2. It's a 1 hour show produced and released after the race which edits the racing to show the interesting parts. With the nbc gold stream option is it time for motocross to return to a 2 hour edited show like it used to be? Run in primetime instead of the middle of the afternoon Saturday during the summer. The gold pass also gives fans a chance to pay to watch the full motos just like it is now.

3. Would it be cool to bring back the Grand National Champion title? Ryan Sipes was racing the singles class in this race and started up front, he won the Hawaii Supercross a few weeks ago over Justin Brayton. Since you can race a 450 in so many kinds of racing, what if you tallied the best finishes from a variety of series for a racer like Sipes. You could include MX, AFT singles oval, AFT singles TT, GNCC, and Hare and Hound. I think SX and roadracing might be too specialized to include. You would have to compete in at least one race in each discipline (even if you don't qualify for mains or motos). This could be something for retired guys and brand ambassadors to shoot for, like supermoto was back in the day.

4. The Factory KTM riders are working with Aldon, which is cool.
|
Dropbear
6/19/2019 4:37pm
Good stuff. Going fast takes a lot of effort. By that I mean I was a pretty fit MXer in my day. 30 minute moto was no problem.
I went road racing for a year on a RZ350 while still racing MX and a 10 lap race would really grind me mentally. I wasn’t even going that quick compared to the top guys.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
6/19/2019 4:42pm
I was at that race,great racing and looked like a lot of fun to do.I would love to spend an afternoon spinning some laps on that track.
zehn
6/19/2019 4:45pm
early wrote:
[embed] https://youtu.be/gf4U1ASt-ks [/embed] 1. This big TT on a truck track is pretty cool. Singles main start at 13:00, twins main was a heck of a...

1. This big TT on a truck track is pretty cool. Singles main start at 13:00, twins main was a heck of a race, starts at 30:00. Weege and Kristin Beat do a good job calling the race.

2. It's a 1 hour show produced and released after the race which edits the racing to show the interesting parts. With the nbc gold stream option is it time for motocross to return to a 2 hour edited show like it used to be? Run in primetime instead of the middle of the afternoon Saturday during the summer. The gold pass also gives fans a chance to pay to watch the full motos just like it is now.

3. Would it be cool to bring back the Grand National Champion title? Ryan Sipes was racing the singles class in this race and started up front, he won the Hawaii Supercross a few weeks ago over Justin Brayton. Since you can race a 450 in so many kinds of racing, what if you tallied the best finishes from a variety of series for a racer like Sipes. You could include MX, AFT singles oval, AFT singles TT, GNCC, and Hare and Hound. I think SX and roadracing might be too specialized to include. You would have to compete in at least one race in each discipline (even if you don't qualify for mains or motos). This could be something for retired guys and brand ambassadors to shoot for, like supermoto was back in the day.

4. The Factory KTM riders are working with Aldon, which is cool.
1. Ok
2. Hell no
3. Could be cool but nobody would run it because it’s too specialized now days
4. Ok
Dimblewambie
6/19/2019 6:06pm
What I find coolest is that AFT has a YouTube channel and they publish the events for all to see, and look they already have a substantial following and view count! But ask feld, that just hurts their series...

The Shop

FeetUp
6/19/2019 6:08pm
wasn't Wardy suppose to do a few of these this year?
Red Crawford
6/19/2019 6:12pm
Actually, the AMA tried suggestion #3 in 1976 for amateurs. Freaks of nature like Billy Liles were in heaven, as he could straight up win in any venue.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
6/19/2019 6:14pm
they live stream for free as well on facebook live,

the super tt was cool, and in general AFT is doing a great job
early
Fantasy
2212th
6/19/2019 6:21pm
What I find coolest is that AFT has a YouTube channel and they publish the events for all to see, and look they already have a...
What I find coolest is that AFT has a YouTube channel and they publish the events for all to see, and look they already have a substantial following and view count! But ask feld, that just hurts their series...
They live stream the whole event on fanschoice.tv or the AFT app. I'm surprised that NBCSN lets them post the show on YouTube.
Dropbear
6/19/2019 7:06pm
Those down pipes look cool too. Reminds me of my modded XR75 with the reverse cone megaphone 😀
ga_pike
6/20/2019 3:45am
The Mini-O's used to be TT on Tuesday, SX on Wednesday, MX Thursday and Friday, and Hare Scramble on Saturday.

Post a reply to: A couple thoughts while watching this TT race

The Latest