A couple simple questions on drug testing...

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 10:49am
Here you go...

{poll:120}

{poll:121}
|
jeffro503
4/13/2018 7:49pm
I voted yes on both actually. I think drug testing should be allowed , but the penalties are just insane in my eyes. It's not just a penalty.....it's a career ender.
500guy
4/13/2018 7:56pm
I think the penalties should be progressive, 1-3 race suspension, then 1- season then lifetime ban.

4 years on a first offense is insane.
Excaliburbmx
4/13/2018 7:57pm
I don’t like the fim being involved why do we need them and wada involved?
500guy
4/13/2018 7:59pm
I don’t like the fim being involved why do we need them and wada involved?
The Manufactures asked for drug testing, the choice made on who should be doing it in my mind is a mistake.

The Shop

rmoto003
4/13/2018 8:03pm
a 4 year ban on a career that typically only lasts 6 or so years?

Nah, thats not too severe at all.

Especially when you get banned for something like a pre-workout.

I mean, if I dont drink water, then my performance will be severely impacted. So is drinking water a performance enhancing drug? I vote yes!

10 YEAR BAN FOR WATER

Y
E
A
R

B
A
N

F
O
R

W
A
T
E
R
TXDirt
4/13/2018 8:08pm
Interesting that the results say yes testing is important but the resets are to severe.

I don’t know what to make of that.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
4/13/2018 8:16pm
Affirmative.
Crush
4/13/2018 8:17pm
Yes to both. Lots of people cite the 10 year career but it’s probably not different than a lot of sports. These guys aren’t making stupid money tho, it’s only the truly elite.

Thing is, what would a truly professional drug testing program cost to run? Feld won’t even pay for enough dirt, they’re not doing this unless they can plug into someone else’s program.
rmoto003
4/13/2018 8:21pm
Havnt we gotten to pretty stupid levels of policing though?

I thought these rules were for things like blood doping, hgh, and steroid use. Im all for testing for that stuff, sure.

But really? First adderall (which like 30% of the population is on lmao) and now a type of preworkout supplement? I mean fucks sake.

Still waiting for these jokers to catch any ACTUAL blood dopers. Or steroid users. I know they got the Moss brothers for it(which they were actually doing drugs iirc) but this shit is just fucking stupid now.
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
4/13/2018 8:21pm
Basing the penalty on an Olympic cycle for non-Olympic sports makes no sense whatsoever.
c0ncEpT
4/13/2018 8:25pm
Yes and yes. 1st offense should get 6-12 months. 4 years is ridiculous.
4/13/2018 8:30pm
Yes, it' necessary.

Steroids and anything of equal effectiveness should be minimum 4 year ban, pre workout drinks like Broc has failed for, maybe miss a few weeks max, possibly just a fine.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/13/2018 8:43pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I voted yes on both actually. I think drug testing should be allowed , but the penalties are just insane in my eyes. It's not just...
I voted yes on both actually. I think drug testing should be allowed , but the penalties are just insane in my eyes. It's not just a penalty.....it's a career ender.
X2
tobz
4/13/2018 8:49pm
TXDirt wrote:
Interesting that the results say yes testing is important but the resets are to severe.

I don’t know what to make of that.
In what way does it confuse you?

Drug destiny is a must. But penalties for the likes of Clade are way to severe.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
4/13/2018 8:51pm
MPJC wrote:
Basing the penalty on an Olympic cycle for non-Olympic sports makes no sense whatsoever.
^this
p0wn
4/13/2018 9:05pm
I think there should be a better ladder system for the drugs. Like if you get caught with dhea or something - something that essentially does nothing there's a small penalty. If you get caught with hgh or a more clear performance enhancing drug then it should be a little longer.

If you get caught twice then the penalty should be harsher. Right now it's just 0-100 no matter what.
Sully
4/13/2018 9:23pm
I voted no on needing it. Frankly, outside of contact/combat sports, I really don’t care if an athlete is juiced. It’s their body, and if they’re cool with acceptng the potential side effects, I’m fine with it, too.
Betuel
4/13/2018 9:47pm
Sully wrote:
I voted no on needing it. Frankly, outside of contact/combat sports, I really don’t care if an athlete is juiced. It’s their body, and if they’re...
I voted no on needing it. Frankly, outside of contact/combat sports, I really don’t care if an athlete is juiced. It’s their body, and if they’re cool with acceptng the potential side effects, I’m fine with it, too.
I’m guessing you dont realize that certain PEDs help increase performance thus giving one rider/racer an edge and what may be the edge to win races and/or championship(s) over another. That is cheating. Good thing the majority on here are ethical.
Sully
4/13/2018 9:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 9:55pm
Sully wrote:
I voted no on needing it. Frankly, outside of contact/combat sports, I really don’t care if an athlete is juiced. It’s their body, and if they’re...
Betuel wrote:
I’m guessing you dont realize that certain PEDs help increase performance thus giving one rider/racer an edge and what may be the edge to win races...
I’m guessing you dont realize that certain PEDs help increase performance thus giving one rider/racer an edge and what may be the edge to win races and/or championship(s) over another. That is cheating. Good thing the majority on here are ethical.
When everyone on the line is racing $100,000+ bikes, I’ll listen to your argument about advantages...
Mit12
4/13/2018 10:50pm
A 4 year ban is harsh but in the industry I worked in you were banned for life for a failed drug test. I was tested for over 20 years and never failed a drug test. For me it was easy, take a banned substance vrs loosing my job. The scale always leaned toward my job. This sucks and it is harsh but the only reason you would fail a test is because you took the risk. It is no ones fault but the ride, they all know the rules.
Narwhal
4/13/2018 11:04pm
The penalties have got to be less severe. This is absolutely ridiculous. Either something needs to change, or our sport needs to cut ties with the FIM/WADA.
bvm111
4/13/2018 11:10pm
No and yes

It's professional sports not the olympics or NCAA... once you get paid I say what's it anyone's business what they put in their bodies.
4/13/2018 11:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 11:43pm
Let em cheat

It wont make any difference
I guarantee you are wrong this time.
Based off what evidence?
Speed is hard to come by, its why the sport now has a massive focus on fitness.
Fix what you can...accept what you cant.

I can only name 1 current pro who shows the early sprint speed and seemingly fades.
Its been career long for him. He is one of my favorite riders and I dont care if he fades or not - our sport is to the point that winning is a nice secondary to all the rest. Most forum members dont get this....

If anyone COULD immediately improve finish results via doping for fitness - if fitness is his issue (unknown) Id say him.

I cant think of many examples other than that one where a rider is clearly fast enough but has massive fading issues.
I challenge people to find a race where fastest lap is set by non race winner where there wasnt a crash.
Now take that challenge to where fastest lap setter isnt in top 5.

Speed matters

you cant teach what js7 could do
Or villopoto
Or roczen.
These guys can do special things on a dirtbike. Period.
If you rode with 20 of the top pros in a playride/free ride session, a guy like roczen would blow your mind over others. He is gifted...for motorcycles.

If you persued racing growing up... and were honest with yourself, you know this already. Some people were just better than you. Wasnt because they had some miracle drug. And some people were just more fit than you... in any activity. This is the sad fact about lance... he was a freak of nature to begin with.

Dungey was a statistical title machine - and I dont think we will ever know his full untapped speed and skill because he always held some in reserve. His ability of finding the perfect edge of sustainable speed I think hasnt been seen except for mcgrath indoors but dungey took it to the full 35 minutes.

so maybe i am wrong - but this sport needs huge improvement before we ruin careers over drug testing. If tickle is indeed intentially cheating - good for him. Must mean he is insanely tired of loosing - a rarity these days among “the non special gifted ones” who are content

Fans want it all - close racing with different winners but then they want clean athletes and a “level” playing field. Only in fairy tales...

4/14/2018 12:25am
Let em cheat

It wont make any difference
I guarantee you are wrong this time.
Based off what evidence? Speed is hard to come by, its why the sport now has a massive focus on fitness. Fix what you can...accept what...
Based off what evidence?
Speed is hard to come by, its why the sport now has a massive focus on fitness.
Fix what you can...accept what you cant.

I can only name 1 current pro who shows the early sprint speed and seemingly fades.
Its been career long for him. He is one of my favorite riders and I dont care if he fades or not - our sport is to the point that winning is a nice secondary to all the rest. Most forum members dont get this....

If anyone COULD immediately improve finish results via doping for fitness - if fitness is his issue (unknown) Id say him.

I cant think of many examples other than that one where a rider is clearly fast enough but has massive fading issues.
I challenge people to find a race where fastest lap is set by non race winner where there wasnt a crash.
Now take that challenge to where fastest lap setter isnt in top 5.

Speed matters

you cant teach what js7 could do
Or villopoto
Or roczen.
These guys can do special things on a dirtbike. Period.
If you rode with 20 of the top pros in a playride/free ride session, a guy like roczen would blow your mind over others. He is gifted...for motorcycles.

If you persued racing growing up... and were honest with yourself, you know this already. Some people were just better than you. Wasnt because they had some miracle drug. And some people were just more fit than you... in any activity. This is the sad fact about lance... he was a freak of nature to begin with.

Dungey was a statistical title machine - and I dont think we will ever know his full untapped speed and skill because he always held some in reserve. His ability of finding the perfect edge of sustainable speed I think hasnt been seen except for mcgrath indoors but dungey took it to the full 35 minutes.

so maybe i am wrong - but this sport needs huge improvement before we ruin careers over drug testing. If tickle is indeed intentially cheating - good for him. Must mean he is insanely tired of loosing - a rarity these days among “the non special gifted ones” who are content

Fans want it all - close racing with different winners but then they want clean athletes and a “level” playing field. Only in fairy tales...

To answer your question. Based off what?....do a 5 minutes of research and you will find countless pages of evidence, that's why wada exists. Start with Lance Armstrong if you like.... You are right it wont give you speed if you are slow, it wont make you run the 100m in 9.7sec if you run it in 18sec either. But if you run the 100m in 10.3sec doping might get you the world record. Doping didn't make Lance Armstrong world class either, but do you think without the doping he would have set the records he has?

You did mention you can think of 1 rider that fades early, there are heaps, some of them you will never hear of. The stimulant that Brock has failed for is nothing, I think he should get a fine or a few week suspension but he will probably get more. Like I said doping wont give you speed but it will let you keep your max speed for far longer than any moto or main event. And if 1 takes it he has a massive advantage over those that dont....A far greater advantage than racing a 450 in the 250 class in my opinion.
tempura
4/14/2018 12:26am
I voted yes and yes, but drugs testing will not create a "level playing field" for all riders on the gate..
The more money your team or sponsors contribute into your bike and program is where the real "uneven playing field" exists.

Post a reply to: A couple simple questions on drug testing...

The Latest