A couple of World Vet Questions

mtl
Edited Date/Time 11/3/2013 9:01am
Making a last second decision to go from NorCal...

- Is practice on Friday from noon 8am to noon or 8am until 2pm?
The flyer says 8am-2pm, the Glen Helen hotline says noon.

I'm not sure whether to race 2 or 3 classes.
- Is it a two moto format or three moto format over two days?

- How long are motos?
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/30/2013 12:42pm
mtl wrote:
Making a last second decision to go from NorCal... - Is practice on Friday from noon 8am to noon or 8am until 2pm? The flyer says...

- How long are motos?
I don't have all the answers, but I can help on a couple things...

Thurs. Oct 31st – Sun. Nov 3rd
Practice, Gate Times and Fees

THURSDAY, Oct. 31, 2013

Open MX Practice – 8:00am-2:00pm - $25 per bike
Gates open 7:00am-10:00pm - Overnight camping is FREE!

$20 Weekend per Adult; Child 6-12 $10 Weekend

FRIDAY, Nov. 1, 2013

Vet Only Practice 8:00am - 12:00pm - $25 per bike

Friday Practice Sessions:
+25 - +44 ALL 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
+45 - up ALL 8:30AM - 9:00 AM
+25 - +44 ALL 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
+45 - up ALL 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM
+25 - +44 ALL 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM
+45 - up ALL 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM
+25 - +44 ALL 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
+45 - up ALL 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM

Pre and Post Entry Registration & Check-In: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
$45 post per regular class
$50 post per Pro Class

SATURDAY, Nov. 2, 2013

29th Annual MTA Vet Motocross Championships – DAY 1
Gates Open 5:30 AM - 10:00 PM
Registration 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Practice 7:00 AM

SUNDAY, Nov. 3, 2013

29th Annual MTA Vet Motocross Championships – DAY 2
Gates Open 5:30 AM
Sign-up 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Practice 7:00 AM

NOTE: Race Schedule will be posted after practice each day.
www.GlenHelen.com
MarkF
10/30/2013 1:09pm
mtl wrote:
Making a last second decision to go from NorCal... - Is practice on Friday from noon 8am to noon or 8am until 2pm? The flyer says...

- How long are motos?
Hey mtl,

From my experience, the track gets pretty rough. If you are in great shape and have leather hands you may survive 3 classes. Otherwise, 2 classes should suffice. Good luck and have fun!
prozach
10/30/2013 1:20pm
Dang 7:00 Am practice. Guess I should bring a head light. The sun isn't even up yet then.
YZDAD
Fantasy
1776th
10/30/2013 1:31pm
The Saturday and Sunday races are two seperate races. Two motos per class each day. I race on Saturday and take my son riding elsewhere on Sunday then head back to Arizona that afternoon. A lot of people race both days kind of using Saturdays race for a warm up to get ready for Sundays race. I believe that they run the 40+ pro race on Saturday and the 30+ pro race on Sunday.
I am not sure of laps but I believe that novice and intermediate run 5 or 6 laps. After the first lap my arms are so tired that it seems like we go 20 laps until I see the white flag! It does get rough out there!
Come down and race! You will have a blast! I run in the 50+ novice class. Honda #249. We will be pitted up on the hill across from the REM track tower. Come by and say hi!

The Shop

mtl
10/30/2013 3:06pm
Thanks for all the info.

I will blast 2 classes both days. Probably 25+ B and 30+ B.

Not sure where I will park but will be in a rusty white sprinter with NY plates and 2 Hondas #678.

Is there water available at the track to wash bikes?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/30/2013 3:22pm
prozach wrote:
Dang 7:00 Am practice. Guess I should bring a head light. The sun isn't even up yet then.
Don't forget Daylight Saving time ends on Saturday night.
Tim507
10/30/2013 5:36pm
mtl wrote:

- How long are motos?
MarkF wrote:
Hey mtl, From my experience, the track gets pretty rough. If you are in great shape and have leather hands you may survive 3 classes. Otherwise...
Hey mtl,

From my experience, the track gets pretty rough. If you are in great shape and have leather hands you may survive 3 classes. Otherwise, 2 classes should suffice. Good luck and have fun!
Yes the track will get frgn rough and you need leathery hands!!!!
YZDAD
Fantasy
1776th
10/30/2013 8:02pm
I am pretty sure that there is water available. Right in the middle of the pits there used to be a hose bib and we could wash the bikes. I haven't washed my bike there in a few years so I don't know for sure but I think it is still there. There is also a building near the start for the REM track and I think that there is a bib there as well.
My friends arrived there tonight and will be up on the hill across from the REM tower. They have a motorhome with Dave (Kawi #72), Matt (Kawi 2 stroke #2xx. I don't remember the xx part!) and Chris (Honda don't remember his number) and Dave's girlfriend, Jaymie. They are a great group of people and you will have a good time hanging with them. Tell them Pete sent you. I will get there Saturday morning. I will see you there!
kiwifan
10/30/2013 8:13pm
is there a entry list with who is riding what?
Socket946
10/30/2013 10:39pm
YZDAD wrote:
I am pretty sure that there is water available. Right in the middle of the pits there used to be a hose bib and we could...
I am pretty sure that there is water available. Right in the middle of the pits there used to be a hose bib and we could wash the bikes. I haven't washed my bike there in a few years so I don't know for sure but I think it is still there. There is also a building near the start for the REM track and I think that there is a bib there as well.
My friends arrived there tonight and will be up on the hill across from the REM tower. They have a motorhome with Dave (Kawi #72), Matt (Kawi 2 stroke #2xx. I don't remember the xx part!) and Chris (Honda don't remember his number) and Dave's girlfriend, Jaymie. They are a great group of people and you will have a good time hanging with them. Tell them Pete sent you. I will get there Saturday morning. I will see you there!
HAH, I know Dave and his girlfriend. I didn't know they left this early; thought I would have caught them locally still today.
mtl
10/31/2013 9:12am
Tim507 wrote:
Yes the track will get frgn rough and you need leathery hands!!!!
Good, I haven't ridden a rough track since moving to SF 2 months ago. Still running stock grips on my bike though, I'll probably regret that Tongue
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
11/1/2013 4:27pm
From GH today...

We're providing "LIVE SCORING" for theMTA World Vet MX Championships this weekend.

Don't miss the live action, head on over to www.GlenHelen.com to get your connection!
Motoxdoc
11/2/2013 12:19pm
YZDAD wrote:
I am pretty sure that there is water available. Right in the middle of the pits there used to be a hose bib and we could...
Do you have someone in your group that does a "Gas-in-a-beer-bottle-on-a-fire" trick? If so, I've met your crew there a couple of times. You AZ guys are fun!
YZDAD
Fantasy
1776th
11/2/2013 6:56pm
YZDAD wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
Do you have someone in your group that does a "Gas-in-a-beer-bottle-on-a-fire" trick? If so, I've met your crew there a couple of times. You AZ guys...
Do you have someone in your group that does a "Gas-in-a-beer-bottle-on-a-fire" trick? If so, I've met your crew there a couple of times. You AZ guys are fun!
Yep, that would be Dave. I left the track earlier today but I am sure that he will put at least one in the fire tonight! They are good people for sure and a lot of fun!
Motoxdoc
11/2/2013 7:48pm
YZDAD wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
Do you have someone in your group that does a "Gas-in-a-beer-bottle-on-a-fire" trick? If so, I've met your crew there a couple of times. You AZ guys...
YZDAD wrote:
Yep, that would be Dave. I left the track earlier today but I am sure that he will put at least one in the fire tonight...
Yep, that would be Dave. I left the track earlier today but I am sure that he will put at least one in the fire tonight! They are good people for sure and a lot of fun!
Right on! We'll see you again tomorrow!
Socket946
11/2/2013 9:13pm
YZDAD wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
YZDAD wrote:
Yep, that would be Dave. I left the track earlier today but I am sure that he will put at least one in the fire tonight...
HAH..Known Dave for years. I'll have to ask him about this.

You riding Wednesday night?
G Force
11/3/2013 7:01am
mtl wrote:

- How long are motos?
3 classes will have you running back to back motos at some point. 2 makes more sense IMO.
dedi684
11/3/2013 9:01am
mtl wrote:
Thanks for all the info. I will blast 2 classes both days. Probably 25+ B and 30+ B. Not sure where I will park but will...
Thanks for all the info.

I will blast 2 classes both days. Probably 25+ B and 30+ B.

Not sure where I will park but will be in a rusty white sprinter with NY plates and 2 Hondas #678.

Is there water available at the track to wash bikes?
Curious to know how you end up finishing out there? I recognized your number from nesc 35b class this spring.

Post a reply to: A couple of World Vet Questions

The Latest